So Long and Thanks for all the Fish(Hitchikers game)

Started by NicciKotor, December 09, 2012, 03:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicciKotor

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

There is a number of ways we could do a sexy space adventure in the hitchhikers universe. Someone could play the character equivalent of Zaphod Beeblebrox who stole the Heart of Gold after becoming the president of the galaxy. Then he/she could wander the universe getting into trouble with various hitchhikers and maybe some survivors of the planet earth after the vogons blew it up.

Nothing wrong with taking the characters from the books as arch-types and making entirely new characters for your personal tastes and kinks. Someone would have to play a Arthur Dent equivalent, in the sense that he is the only one that has any sense. The sort of person that likes to point out that there is a hull breach, which may warrant stopping the orgy long enough to deal with this minor problem.

I will control the setting and the plot twists and story, along with being Eddie and Marvin. Gotta have those two.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Chrystal

Hmmmmm.

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy ● (1981) ● Episode 1 ● Part 1 of 4

The film is not canon! Mostly because it was written after D.A.'s death.

However.... there is a chance, I might be interested.

It really depends. I'm tempted to ask a number of very difficult questions, to see how hoopy a frood you are, and whether you know where your towel is?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

NicciKotor

Quote from: Chrystal on December 10, 2012, 02:08:58 PM
Hmmmmm.

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy ● (1981) ● Episode 1 ● Part 1 of 4

The film is not canon! Mostly because it was written after D.A.'s death.

However.... there is a chance, I might be interested.

It really depends. I'm tempted to ask a number of very difficult questions, to see how hoopy a frood you are, and whether you know where your towel is?

The movie is canon, because Douglass wrote the screenplay before dying.

Also the book is only half-canonical. The last three books are originals. Can you guess why?

Chrystal

Because they contain no material from the Radio series, TV show, Computer Game, nor Record.

All of which are canon, despite all of them being subtly different. The books are also canon, for the same reason, that Douglas wrote them all to be different from one another, deliberately. This, incidentally, is the origin of the rather disappointing ending to the last book.

So, questions:

What would do for Sir Isaac Newton what a Haggunenon would do for Charles Darwin?

Who played The Wise Old Bird?

Which character's name started out as "Farty Fuck Balls"?

Who are Shooty and Bang Bang and who are they based on?

Why did the bowl of petunias think "Oh no, not again"?

Use the Babel Fish to prove the non-existance of God.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

NicciKotor

Timothy Bell.

Don't care.

The Finland architect.

No idea.

Because it's life was a never ending series of events of him getting killed by Arthur Dent.

That one is obvious to any layman.

Also the reason why the book is half canonical is because the original radio series only went up to the first and secondary phases. Then the book was written, and then the 3-5th radio phases were made.

Here is a question you won't know. Why did Douglass come about the invention of the Heart of Gold?

Chrystal

Quote from: Chrystal on December 11, 2012, 01:27:10 PM
What would do for Sir Isaac Newton what a Haggunenon would do for Charles Darwin?
A: A squadron of Arcturan Stunt Apples
Who played The Wise Old Bird?
A: Jon LeMessurier
Which character's name started out as "Farty Fuck Balls"?
A: Slartybartfast
Who are Shooty and Bang Bang and who are they based on?
A: Starsky and Hutch
Why did the bowl of petunias think "Oh no, not again"?
Correct!
Use the Babel Fish to prove the non-existance of God.
"I refuse to prove that I exist", says god, "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing".

"Ah", says man, "But the Babel Fish proves conclusively that you do exist, and so therefore, by your own argument, you don't!"

"Oh dear", says God, "I hadn't thought of that", and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy", says man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and promptly gets killed on the next zebora crossing.
Quote from: NicciKotor on December 11, 2012, 10:11:34 PM
Here is a question you won't know. Why did Douglass come about the invention of the Heart of Gold?

Because of a Japanese guy in pyjamas....

In fact, it was because he had "painted himself into a corner". He thought it would be fun to see what would happen if Ford and Arthur were thrown out of the airlock of a spaceship., without stopping to consider that if anything were going to happen he was going to have to think of it.

Everything he tried was little more than "With one bound, Jack was free", (To use Douglas' own words) or to use the technical term, a "deus ex machina". He was stumped by the sheer improbability of them getting rescued. And then after watching a program on Judo (hence the Japanese guy in pyjamas) in which th he was informed that the way to defeat an attacker was to use his weight and momentum against him, D.A. realised that that was the way out. He used the improbability of them getting rescued to rescue them, created the infinite improbability drive and as a consequence the Heart Of Gold.

Here's one for you. We already mentioned the bowl of Petunias, aka Agrajag, but do you know the origins of the "innocent sperm whale"?

Ember Star

I..am...IN! :D

I told myself I wouldn't take on anything new. But I looked and I saw Hitchhiker's guide and now I cannot say no.

That being said, I am interested in playing an Dent type character. Only female. I could do male too. But I like the idea of female.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

Kimera

Sounds like a fun game. Not sure what character type I want to run though.

Ember Star

I'm starting to reread the books.

Do y'all want any kind of character sheet/summary? Or is this just jump in a go when we have enough players?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

NicciKotor

Quote from: Ember Star on December 14, 2012, 05:07:02 PM
I'm starting to reread the books.

Do y'all want any kind of character sheet/summary? Or is this just jump in a go when we have enough players?

Just make  a character bio. I don't care about format. As for characters, we at least need the 4 main arch types on the ship before we can do anything.

Ember Star

Okay. Quick question. Are we starting on the ship or at the end of the world? And if it's the end of the world, which country?

NicciKotor

Depends on who is playing the arthur dent arch type and where he/she wants to be from.

It really cannot be a hitchikers game without someone complaining and stating the obvious like, "We are all going to DIE!"

Ember Star

*raises hand and points to an earlier comment of mine* The Dent type would be me. If that's okay?

setphaserstofun

I literally dropped my jaw when I saw this thread. Being a six foot tall English ape descendant (and slightly obsessed with all things HHGTTG), how could I not?

I've never tried a group thread before so be gentle with me ;-)

With the archetypal Dent character gone, I'll have to be Ford Prefect (a nicely inconcspicous name of course) if allowed.

I'll just be sitting in the corner drinking some of that Old Janx Spirit while I wait for things to take off!

Ember Star

If you're Ford and I'm Dent, do you wanna discuss our characters history? Or do you pretty much wanna do a cannon history with none cannon characters?

Kimera

What else is there...

How about a Vogon poet  ;D >:)

Ember Star

Yessssssa! I want some bad poetry!

There's also Marvin the Paranoid Android. Which I considered doing. LOL. And I have a Fri:who might be interested in the Zaphod type.

setphaserstofun

Quote from: Ember Star on December 15, 2012, 10:59:48 AM
If you're Ford and I'm Dent, do you wanna discuss our characters history? Or do you pretty much wanna do a cannon history with none cannon characters?
Well if you're a female Dent, there could be a very different dynamic - especially if this is going to a much more 'adult' version :-P

I thought the OP said she'd be Marvin and Eddie.. Wouldn't want to try and decide too much without her say so!

Ember Star

Different dynamic, yes. But I think pre end of the world. They would still be just friends, maybe with the added annoyance of Ford trying to flirt with her, LOL.

Well, she already said that which country we started in depended on the Dent Player. I imagine she's pretty much leaving background up to us.

setphaserstofun

Very true. I have said I've never done group before so I could be being over-polite!

I can see my Ford being similar to the canon in that he's pretending to be an out of work actor but also flirting with any species he finds - all for the good of research of course  ;)

NicciKotor

Quote from: Ember Star on December 15, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
Different dynamic, yes. But I think pre end of the world. They would still be just friends, maybe with the added annoyance of Ford trying to flirt with her, LOL.

Well, she already said that which country we started in depended on the Dent Player. I imagine she's pretty much leaving background up to us.

That would be a yes. Why would I make your character for you? As long as he/she is your typical loser nobody that gets shunted into space and goes on weird adventures.

Silver Tongue

You have no idea how tempting it is to join this...

Just one rather out there question, however: Can I play a Hooloovoo?

Ember Star

Sounds awesome, Russ. I've done more groups than one-on-one, LOL.

I figured as much, Nicci.

I've got a pic for my character and I'm gonna type up a quickie Bio. She's pretty much gonna be a female version of the cannon as far as her history, where she lives and what she does, goes. But she'll still be different than Arthur

Ember Star

How's this?

Jane Dent

[Floatleft][/float] Jane is an average female human of the average age of 29 earth years. She lives an average life in a average village in a average European country called England on an average planet called Earth. She grew up an average life, with average parents, went to a average school, made average grades, on to an average college, where she earned an average degree. Then got an average job at an average radio station in average London. Before 3 years ago where she moved to the average village to get away from the average city. All in all, Jane is very average, and there's not much especially interesting about an average Jane.

In fact, she's quite boring. Most of her friends are in advertising, she's not much fun at parties, she tends to be a bit of a Debbie Downer about life. Actually, being why she left London. Jane has an worrisome habit of worrying too much, and for a person of worry, such a city is just too worrisome. So, in the hopes that she would reduce her worry. She moved to an average English village.

Not only that, but there was a nice little average local radio station there.

So, she begin an average country life in an average little white house, on a average green hill, on the edge of an average little English village. But little does she know, that her life is soon to become very unaverage, much to her dismay.