Free Love in the British Empire (All Welcome - Recruiting)

Started by Montagne, April 12, 2013, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

I was just up there - in Carrabane really - down in Dingle right now, off to Killorglin tomorrow. I butcher Gaelic though >.<

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

AmberStarfire

I mostly avoid it. :P

Those are actually places I haven't seen yet, but yeah.. I hope you enjoy your travels. I won't write too much lest I hijack the GM's game discussion thread.

Montagne

Boom, and its done!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173953.0

And the OOC!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173954.0

also, heres a code for the little post header, please include it in your posts!

[float=left][img height=120]Picture[/img]
[/float]
[b][size=14pt]Name[/size][/b]
[i]Archetype[/i]
[b]With:[/b]  ----
[b]Doing:[/b] ----
[hr]

AmberStarfire

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Montagne

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 13, 2013, 09:01:36 AM
Is my East Indian profile ok?

To quote what I had said previously

Quote from: Atlas on May 10, 2013, 02:45:18 AM
It would depend on the character, but its quite likely he'll be similar to the other captains/military types. It would depend what role he took, an explorer type probably not, an official in the raj, possibly (maybe even a native official, that would be interesting). But a lot of the characters have trader backgrounds.

So in general its just not particularly different from the characters we've already seen. There are dozens of other ideas than just aristocratic traders.

An older doctor, a new surgeons student, a zealous new young crown prosecutor, a idealistic political student, a organizer of the working class, a corruptible green seminary student, One of the emerging class of risk taking stock brokers. A colonial official in africa or the middle east. A journalist looking for a scoop for the new penny tabloids.

Try to grab something that will fill its own niche.

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

xPeachyPuff

I think I might be interested in playing a young female Aristocrat. A young lady from a wealthy family who's left to her own demises because her parents are incredibly engrossed with their businesses and each other. her curiosities must be satisfied!

Would something like that be alright, Atlas?

Montagne

Thats seems lovely (obviously I'll need to see the full character sheet before its approved.)

The IC is only a few posts in and I'll generally be filtering people into the IC as its quite a fluid setting, so feel free to make our character! :)

Good to have you on board with another of my games!

xPeachyPuff

Name: Abigale Lilly Ashworth.
Played by: xSnorkleRainbow
Nationality: British.
Eyes: Deep blue.
Hair: Red.
Height: A dainty 4’11”.
Sexuality: Bi-Curious. (See Extra character info below.)

Likes/Turn ons: Age Difference, Taller partners, Romance, Love and making love, the idea of passionate, rough sex, Shower/Bath/Rain Scenes, Being Dominated, Leaving a mark (biting, scratching), Men of lower social standing than herself, being a different person for a day.
Dislikes/Turn offs: Scat/Watersports/Vomit, Anal, Needles.

Role/Archetype: The naive, attention-craving rich girl.

Personality: Though seemingly innocent and naive, Abigale knows what she wants when she eventually realizes what that is. She's quite uptight and very ladylike because of her upbringing, but is desperate to break that facade and be herself. She is kind hearted and caring, though if you get on the wrong side of her she will very much make you aware of that in a subtle way. Abigale, although friendly and generous, can be quite quiet and secretive of things. She's a fairly good liar, though she doesn't believe in the act, it's just something she's had to do.

Background/History: Abigale comes from the background of every little girls dream; her parents had so much money they had no idea what to do with it and she had everything she could have possibly wanted as a child. She was often the envy of her friends, despite them being upper class themselves. Her father owned his own trading company, which relished the fact they lived near a port, while her mother became a very popular author after meeting her husband, earning her own generous income. Everything was perfect and in the public eye they were the perfect little family with all the money and not enough time to spend it. However, behind closed doors it was a completely different story, as it usually is.

Her parents were never around growing up; she was always left with nanny after nanny after nanny, and it only got worse as she got older. Even though her mother was always around the house, Abigale rarely saw the woman. Her father was equally as rare to see as he was out working constantly, he only came home in the evenings to go straight to his wife. It was like she didn't even exist unless they were in public or Abigale was doing something wrong.

Her childhood was painfully slow and dull as dishwater. She hardly left the home, seeing only her regular tutors and household staff; the only time she would leave the estates grounds was for some lession or another, and she'd be accompanied like she couldn't handle being on her own. It was awfully restricting and she just wished to be rid of it. Her parents would even demand that tailors come to the house to make her daughters dresses.

It was only when she met him that things started to change, not around her, but inside of her. He was a boy of her age, maybe a little older at the time, and he was living on the estate with his mother who was one of her maids. She remembered meeting him while on the grounds behind the estate; their garden. He was so down to earth and so pleasant, even though Abigale was terrified of him to start with and couldn't quite get his jokes. She remembered getting offended by his teasing at first, before he explained why he was doing it. He was her first friend, her first look at the real world, and her first kiss. Of course, her mother just so happened to see them from the second story window, kissing innocently behind one of the grand oak tree's in the yard. He and his mother were instantly removed from the premises; the plea's of the woman still haunted her throughout her older years. That was what sparked her interest in the world, in being someone different; her mother always told her that their were filthy, poor, disgusting people in the outside world and all Abigale could think was 'at least they're happy.'

Additional Character Info: Abigale is very well educated on paper, but when it comes to real life events and reacting to them, she's a novice and can be rather hopeless. She falls in love with things/people very easily and devotes herself 110% to those things/people. Also, Abigale is a virgin, as is only proper for a young lady of her age, though that does not mean she wants to be.

Here she is! Would love any feedback people have. Hope she looks alright. ♥

AmberStarfire

I like your character and she feels really genuine in who and how she is. She's the sort of character I felt the inclination to protect from our naughty characters at the Castello on first thought, so you're obviously doing something right. ;)

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 14, 2013, 08:40:15 PM
I like your character and she feels really genuine in who and how she is. She's the sort of character I felt the inclination to protect from our naughty characters at the Castello on first thought, so you're obviously doing something right. ;)

Awwh, thank you very much, Amber (:

mayovagn

Do you have room for another bi aristo girl? Should I keep working on this here bio I have started to type up?

*Smiles*

M.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

mayovagn

Here is what I have so far. I am not sure its complete, but am I on the right lines or is this too similar to anything that has come up already?

Name: Elsbeth Alicia Crowley (Beth to those who she likes)
Played by: mayovagn
Nationality: British
Eyes: Dark Blue
Hair: Dark Brown, straight, short and fine with natural blond streaks and highlights.
Height: 5'10"
Sexuality: Omnisexual and pollyamorous.

Likes/Turn ons: Has a lot of ideas of what could turn her on, yet hasn't had the time to experiment yet to solidify those ideas. She has a great store of strange and twisted ideas of what could possibly be fun, ranging from group sex, through domination and submission and bondage and on out the other side to seeing what it would be like to watch a woman with some kind of animal.
Dislikes/Turn offs: Anything involving certain less wholesome bodily fluids (shit and bile), closed minds, conformity.

Role/Archetype: Libertine, thinker, tinkerer, philosopher, mystic.

Personality: Curious, quiet, intense, clever, insightful, somewhat inscruitable. Slow to trust, but quick to look for humour. Beth is somewhat of an enigma. Not one to take 'no' for an answer and more than happy to bend the world to her will where necessary rather than allowing the world to cause her to bend. Beth is of a will and a character that is loathe to turn away once she has her heart set on a course until or unless she is satisfied. She would make an excellent research scientist or engineer, avenues that are unlikely to ever be fully open to her. She has, however, set her sights on more esoteric pursuits of philosophy, thelogy, theosophy and alchemy along with dashes of mysticim and magical theory.

Background/History: Born into an independantly wealthy upper-class brewing family from Leamington Spa in Warwickshire England, Beth didn't want for anything growing up. She spent much of her youth in the very well stocked family library simply absorbing information. Sucking it up from the dusty and ancient tomes around her, learning anything and everything she could, but focusing somewhat on religion and other ancient verities of the nature of existence.

She has recently spent some time in India with her extended family there, two years in Mumbai. There she absorbed everything she could on the local culture and customs along with much on the various religious beliefs of the region. She sampled a lot of the local pleasures, learning much about the basics of lovemaking in the process as well as something of drug use (and abuse).

It was near the end of this stay abroard that she came to hear of the Free Love Movement back home and on returning to England sought it out agressively using her family money and influence to do so. Whispers abounded among those in 'The Movement' of a hotel in Dover where nearly anything goes and all sorts of ideas and pecadillos were catered for and to. The lure was too great to a mind as inquiring and open as Beth's, drawn like a moth to a flame to sample all the opotunities to explore herself and her true nature that this place could, should, must represent.

Additional Character Info: Curious, inquisitive and a little bookish Beth can seem a little scatterbrained at times even distractable, yet she can also be extraordinarily focused on things that hold her attention to the point of seeming driven.

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Montagne

*I should be in bed. why am I awake at 5am. :P*

ANYWAY!

I love both the characters, feel free to jump into the IC ;D

Abigale is a lovely character exactly one of the sorts of girl Louis would seek out, but I feel I might have quite a competition for that hand :P

Also love your character mayovagn! Reminds me somewhat of Ada Lovelace (she wasn't an influence was she by any chance?)

mayovagn

Beth's inspiration is a certain historical personage who shares some similar details to her background...

I am certain it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who, though it might require a bare minimum of 'outside the box' thinking. First one to work out who it is wins a 'noprize'.  *Smiles*

Thanks, I will look at posting soonest.

M.

mayovagn

Too much scientist, not enough mystic... *Smiles*

Montagne

Quote from: mayovagn on May 14, 2013, 11:42:52 PM
Too much scientist, not enough mystic... *Smiles*

and now i will have to do some googling. what a fun chase.

kajirakate

Interesting, historical characters disguised slightly.  Someone similar to the Prince of Wales (future Edward VII) might visit.
kk

Montagne

Quote from: kajirakate on May 15, 2013, 12:42:10 AM

Interesting, historical characters disguised slightly.  Someone similar to the Prince of Wales (future Edward VII) might visit.

a landed noble/lower level royalty character could be very interesting. Particularly depending on his leanings. He may but heads with some of the radicals most deliciously.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Atlas on May 14, 2013, 11:26:05 PM
*I should be in bed. why am I awake at 5am. :P*

ANYWAY!

I love both the characters, feel free to jump into the IC ;D

Abigale is a lovely character exactly one of the sorts of girl Louis would seek out, but I feel I might have quite a competition for that hand :P

I know, I was still awake at 5am ;-;

Thank you very much Atlas :3 I'm glad you like her! I will be jumping into the IC asap ^_^ ♥

Vassus

Alright, alright, I have been away (being a performer and all. Now, I said I was interested a while ago, but I never really came back to having any free time until now. Alright, to make a long story short, is thee any room in this (very lovely, by the way) RP?
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Montagne

Quote from: Vassus on May 16, 2013, 12:05:11 AM
Alright, alright, I have been away (being a performer and all. Now, I said I was interested a while ago, but I never really came back to having any free time until now. Alright, to make a long story short, is thee any room in this (very lovely, by the way) RP?

there is indeed :)