Secrets of Candlewick (Supernatural Romance-Fae and WereCreatures-LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, June 08, 2015, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Crash on June 16, 2015, 10:18:48 AM
We have a Vampire spot that has just opened up.

Can I call dibs on that? I have a fun idea for the local coroner / general practitioner.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

Lol I totally forgot to add a Vampires vulnerability to sunlight.  Heavy use of sunscreen, sunglasses and full body clothing can mitigate this reaction for a time to allow them out during the day but direct skin contact with sunlight will hurt...a lot.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Pixy

Ok! So I have decided my first (cause I am greedy) character will be a knight of the summer court. Her true form is a handmaiden of The Morrigan and has, in the past, performed the duties of a banshee.

If the Summer Queen is ok with it, depending on her own history, the knight gave up her place in Arcadia to follow the Summer Queen into the mortal realm. In Candlewick she is a bounty hunter, working alongside the police but often working on her own to hunt those who have threatened the Court or their brethren.

I'm still fleshing her out. Any suggestions or critiques are welcome!

bubby

Quote from: Pixy on June 16, 2015, 12:40:02 PM
Ok! So I have decided my first (cause I am greedy) character will be a knight of the summer court. Her true form is a handmaiden of The Morrigan and has, in the past, performed the duties of a banshee.

If the Summer Queen is ok with it, depending on her own history, the knight gave up her place in Arcadia to follow the Summer Queen into the mortal realm. In Candlewick she is a bounty hunter, working alongside the police but often working on her own to hunt those who have threatened the Court or their brethren.

I'm still fleshing her out. Any suggestions or critiques are welcome!

I like this. Just so you know I won't be getting to my own char sheet until this weekend, and I only have vague concepts so far in my brain, let alone the reason why she left. I will be saying she left, not exiled, so there's that.

If you want your Knight working alongside the police, that may be contradictory to the Queen, as I will be having her being a crime boss; dealing in smuggling of some kind. However, this does not mean you can't have your Knight do it, because having a member of her Court actually being in with the police could keep them away from what the Queen is actually doing. You're welcome to PM me with any ideas you have!   :D

Hazy Sky

Just to reiterate what I have said previously, I'm planning to play the Sheriff as straight as an arrow. He won't tolerate corrupt people working for him. Sorry, he's rather strict and inflexible by nature. :S

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Ghostraven

I expect to have a rough outline of my character up either later tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Crash

Quote from: skyre on June 16, 2015, 01:05:33 PM
Just to reiterate what I have said previously, I'm planning to play the Sheriff as straight as an arrow. He won't tolerate corrupt people working for him. Sorry, he's rather strict and inflexible by nature. :S

That is fine but is someone wants to play a corrupt member of the police force I will allow it.  It isn't like the sheriff automatically knows who is and who isn't corrupt yet. It will be up to you and the player of the corrupt policeman to decide the outcome of that relationship.  It would be great drama.

Crash

The Sheriff's may not be corrupt but City Hall sure is.  Will be fun to watch the Sheriff deal with them. :)

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Crash on June 16, 2015, 01:17:33 PM
That is fine but is someone wants to play a corrupt member of the police force I will allow it.  It isn't like the sheriff automatically knows who is and who isn't corrupt yet. It will be up to you and the player of the corrupt policeman to decide the outcome of that relationship.  It would be great drama.

I absolutely agree with you Crash. It could be great fun. I just don't want anyone to be surprised by the Sheriff and the way he behaves. :)

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crash

Understood!

Announcement

While this game will be in the extreme section and there are Fae abilities that can manipulate emotions no one will be forced into a non-con situation.  If you want to use a form of mental manipulation on another player both players have to agree to the outcome.  Manipulation against NPC's and background characters is perfectly fine.

Any non-con sexual scenes should be spoilered.  This is also not a game for ultra violent descriptions either.  Violence is very possible and certainly okay but gratuitous violence for the sake of violence is not.

cabalxxvi

I don't remember if I resubmitted my character or not, but I change him up a bit, I hope that works, if not let me know. I'll change him again, or add more information.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Crash

You did.  I am going to try to get reviews of submitted characters tonight.

bubby

I'm having a very hard time figuring out name and history of my Queen. Since any 'lore' out there to do with Summer has been used/meshed in with Spring already, I'm at a loss.

Due to my Court being Wrath, the only thing I can think of is to just make something up, which would be a blend of Dresden Files stuff, and Morrigan lore, much like Pixy is thinking. Is this acceptable?

Pixy

Quote from: bubby on June 16, 2015, 12:53:48 PM
I like this. Just so you know I won't be getting to my own char sheet until this weekend, and I only have vague concepts so far in my brain, let alone the reason why she left. I will be saying she left, not exiled, so there's that.

If you want your Knight working alongside the police, that may be contradictory to the Queen, as I will be having her being a crime boss; dealing in smuggling of some kind. However, this does not mean you can't have your Knight do it, because having a member of her Court actually being in with the police could keep them away from what the Queen is actually doing. You're welcome to PM me with any ideas you have!   :D

I will pm you and we can iron out some details. I'm having her choose to leave as well.

Quote from: skyre on June 16, 2015, 01:05:33 PM

That's fine. Bounty hunters aren't police officers and only work alongside them. She wouldn't be one of the Sheriff's employees and interactions with him directly would probably be scarce.

Tinkertoy

Quote from: bubby on June 16, 2015, 02:17:02 PM
I'm having a very hard time figuring out name and history of my Queen. Since any 'lore' out there to do with Summer has been used/meshed in with Spring already, I'm at a loss.

Due to my Court being Wrath, the only thing I can think of is to just make something up, which would be a blend of Dresden Files stuff, and Morrigan lore, much like Pixy is thinking. Is this acceptable?

Bubs, I can help in a few way with information on the Summer Court for you. Step one is use the googles to search "Changeling: The Lost, Summer Court" or step two, hit me up for the source book in pdf. When I was building my Autumn Queen I researched HARD and then she made complete sense. Or you know....get your butt on skype and I can talk you through shit too.

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Dhi

Pixy, I intend to play Madison as ruffling feathers on the fae side and an authority figure who's secretly a fae enforcer sounds like a character with potential for drama. I'm not sure if Madison and Summer (the character, not the season) are connected in their mischief or not, we haven't discussed it yet. But if Summer and Madison are a detective duo, then we would potentially have a tenuous social circle between Summer, Madison, the sheriff, and your character.

Is that something that interests you?

Pixy

That sounds like fun, Dhi! I'd be happy for there to be connections; positive, neutral or negative.

As soon as I've got some more bits figured out I will post as we can see how they mesh.

Crash

Quote from: bubby on June 16, 2015, 02:17:02 PM

Works for me.  I am totally fine with made up stuff too!

bubby

Quote from: Crash on June 16, 2015, 03:10:58 PM
Works for me.  I am totally fine with made up stuff too!

Oh man that helps fucking tons. Thanks!

Crash

No problem bubs.  Perfectly fine to make stuff up.  I am borrowing a ton of settle from Changeling the Lost and Dreadful Secrets of Candlewick Manor but that is mostly for convenience and many things I am doing are totally made up.

bubby

Ok, between Crash and Tinker helping, I may have a general concept forming, but meow I'm out to get ready for work. I shall totally devote my time to char creation on Saturday!

Crash

Crash

I am only accepting Fae characters at this time.  Anyone that has been talking to me about concepts other than Fae may still do so, but new concepts should be Fae.

Ghostraven

Ok; Here is my first draft of my Fae.
I'm sure I'll probably still revise and flesh out some things.

Let me know if anything looks amiss Crash. :-)

WIP

Siobhan MacCnaimhin
Name: Siobhan MacCnaimhin
Player: Ghostraven
Concept:  Unseelie Banshee
Dirty Secret: Siobhan saw to the demise of her parents and her two sisters.

Court: Winter
Court Rank: Lady of the Black Harp
Sex: Female
Age: Old, very old (In her mortal seeming she appears to be in her late 20’s)
Orientation: Pansexual
On’s: <Please include a link to your own On’s in addition to any On’s your character may have.>
Off’s: <Please include a link to your own Off’s in addition to any Off’s your character may have.>

Appearance:
Hair: Blonde (Mortal Seeming) Ethereal White
Eyes: Ice Blue
Height: 5 ft 1 in / 155 cm
Weight: 50 kg / 110 pounds

Description:
<Written description of character, images or both.  Include a description of your character’s Fae self and what they look like in human form.  Include a description of your mantle as well of you are a member of one of the courts.>

Personality: Siobhan can be a conceited, wanton, capricious girl who is manipulative, and vengeful much like the rest of the Fae pledged to the Dark Court. Like all Banshees, she is empathic to a degree and will often reflect the strong emotions of those around her giving rise to the notoriously mercurial personalities of some Fae. Siobhan exemplifies this flighty temperament seeming to fall in love in one breath and become enraged in the next. She has gotten much better over the years in subduing the most extreme shifts in her disposition… at least on the surface.

Conceited: Siobhan is excessively proud of herself and her physical appearance, both her mortal seeming and Fae visage.
Wanton: She like all dark Fae can be cruel or even violent in action and word, she takes deliberate pleasure in destroying those that have provoked her ire. Be it the next instant or years later.
Sly: Almost by default Siobhan is deceitful of nature, cunning and cruel. Lies are just another tool to achieve her goals.
Capricious: She is often given to sudden and unaccountable changes of mood or behavior her fae nature making her chaotic. Particularly when she feel slighted in some fashion.
Manipulative: Siobhan is not above using others to get what she wants. Just pawns to further her ends, her desires.
Vengeful: Woe be to those that draw the wrath of a Banshee, especially a would be Banshee Queen.

Changeling Abilities:

Long lived – Outside of Arcadia changelings are mortal though love lived.  Changelings need glamor to live and use their magic.

Glamour – The art of making one thing look like another.  All Changelings have this ability to some extent.  Their true selves and all things made of glamour or from the hedge appear mundane to human eyes unless the human has been glamoured in which case they can see the Changelings as they truly are.  Many Changelings learn to expand their use of glamour to spin incredibly realistic illusions.

Oath Spinning – The Changelings take oaths and promises very seriously.  A true oath will state what is expected of the Changelings and the thing they are oathsworn too and what the repercussions are to both parties should they break this oath.

Contracts:
Keening Songs:
Whisper Wisp; Ghostly disembodied voices can distract and frighten, or communicate
Murmuring Hum; The weak willed are directed they find the voices in their head have a plan.
Hum of Sympathy; Sway the emotions of those that can hear the faint susurration of the enchanted song.
Howling Shriek; The Banshee can shatter glass and stone or sunder flesh and bone.
Black Wail; The banshee’s howl becomes the thing of legend slaying the lucky and damming the unlucky that hear her deathly wail. Woe to those whom she knows their true name.

Shade and Spirit:
Ghostly Presence: Speak to ghosts and spirits at twilight
Phantom Footfalls; Move Silently, leave no trace
Flesh Made Spirit; Ignore physical damage, physical form is infused with spirit essence
Wings of Phantasm; Flight;
Shedding the Flesh; Intangibility, move through solid matter as if it was but air.

Oaths: Oath of Winter

Background:

Youngest daughter of three, it's no wonder that an air of sorrow seems to cloak the poor girl. Left all alone in this world. Fate seeming to have conspired against the family to bring the poor dear nothing but loneliness and sadness.
The family happy, mother and father, and three lovely girls fair of hair and skin.  Sorcha the eldest, Saoirse the middle child, and Siobhan the youngest.
The Family ran and Siobhan still runs ‘The Wayward’. A quaint little curio shop and book store, odd curiosities displayed here and there, books old and battered piled and set on well worn shelves.
Little trinkets and charms that catch the eye and a small sampling of imported sweets.

Nigh ten years ago a string of tragedy began, befalling the family. First was the the fire. The three sisters parents killed all those years ago in that terrible fire, burned alive they say.
Then her sisters, one distraught after the death of her parents she took her own life two years to the day of her parents unfortunate fate. Drowned in the lake it seems, found weeks later still clutching the waterlogged journal that confessed her hopelessness.
Then her elder sister seeming so bright, almost the opposite of the younger Siobhan and now her only sister.
Though it seems her happiness was but a facade the deaths of her parents and sister weighing too heavily on her even as she she did her best to put on a cheery face. The lost sister too met her own tragic fate. A year and a day after the sad demise of her sister did she too suffer an unfortunate event.
While hiking high in the Tearmark cliffs, at a time that was too dark for such adventure, the bright woman took a misstep in the evening gloom and plummeted to her doom. She was days later after she went missing, broken and bloodied in a deep ravine.
And so only poor Siobhan is left of the family, melancholy but still pressing on. She does her best to put the past behind her to keep her spirits up as much as she’s able.

Siobhan’s family left Arcadia when she was young, well in Fae terms young. Here in the mortal realm her seeming was that of the youngest daughter of the family, the MacCnaimhin. Her parents pledged to no house, seeking to avoid the politics of the other realm when they ventured to Candlewick. A chance to be a normal family. And they were all seemed well until that night the night of the new moon.
While her parents and elder sisters saw peace in the mortal realm Siobhan saw opportunity, power. The youngest daughter sided with the Winter court, the former Queen of winter eager to draw out her true nature as a Banshee, to serve her in Winter and foster her own ends. To this end the queen befriended the girl teaching her showing her the ways of the Winter Court and bestowing upon her the Clarsach Dorchadas (Harp of Darkness). Siobhan quickly falling under the sway of the corrupting artifact, and embracing the unseelie aspects of her Banshee heritage.
Of course the old Winter Queen’s ambition to make her an ally of winter proved to be almost too much for her. Siobhan quickly plotted and planned to make use of other tidbits that she had learned, books are a wonderful thing…
So in short order the dark touched Fae plotted the deaths of her own kin starting with her parents then sisters. Her eldest sister Sorcha joined the Summer Court part of her realizing that there was some plot against her and her kin, thought she realized too late just how close the keeper of that plot was...
So now Siobhan, serves the Court of Winter and the New Winter Queen, biding her time till she  assumes her place as the new Queen…
In the mean time she plots and plans, watches and waits, gathering her strength and resources until the time is right to sing a new lament of Winter.

Currently she is running the old, family shop. A little curio and book store off the main square. The building one of the originals to the town. The corner shop looking like it was plucked from Ireland and set down here a hundred years ago. Which may not be that far off.
A quaint wooden placard depicting an open chest with books, spyglass, harp, and dagger presented. A fine border of Celtic knot-work frames the slightly weathered sign as it  hangs over the doorway to the shop.