The Dragons of Andres-Upon-Vail [Evil Pathfinder]

Started by PhantomPistoleer, May 22, 2015, 10:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebb

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 29, 2015, 03:54:39 PM
I'm really interested to see this character concept developed, Ebb.  I really feel like you nailed the sort of character that I'm personally looking for, despite not going rogue.

Thanks. I'll try to get to the stats this weekend. And if anyone's interested in brainstorming character relationships, I'm game.

Question for PP: How does this group of PCs fit into the Dragons chapter that we're in? Like, are we the newbies who just got our colors, or are we the main body of the club? Maybe another way to ask: Are there going to be NPC leaders telling us what to do, or are we the ones making the decisions?

I'm fine any way you want to go, but in my experience it's easier to keep a game moving if there's at least one higher-up NPC calling the shots. If not that then at least an older, wiser member who can offer advice as a tool for the GM to keep things on track.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ebb on May 29, 2015, 04:14:43 PM
Question for PP: How does this group of PCs fit into the Dragons chapter that we're in? Like, are we the newbies who just got our colors, or are we the main body of the club? Maybe another way to ask: Are there going to be NPC leaders telling us what to do, or are we the ones making the decisions?

I'm fine any way you want to go, but in my experience it's easier to keep a game moving if there's at least one higher-up NPC calling the shots. If not that then at least an older, wiser member who can offer advice as a tool for the GM to keep things on track.

This is a really great question.

Your characters aren't prospects -- they are soldiers.  Some of the characters might actually be in a position of authority.  For example, your character might be the Secretary of the group.  Muse's character might be the Sergeant at Arms.  However, the President and V. President roles are filled by NPCs.

These characters will dole out missions.

BUT:  the game is also fluid, and allows for player contribution to mission types.  Initially, the NPCs will be providing "missions," so to speak, but before an adventure begins, players will submit "rumors" about other possible missions.  This can be from the mundane:  "Hey, I heard that this baker has turned to the Krakens for protection.  Some of the other neighboring businesses are thinking about doing the same.  We have to convince him otherwise."  To something a bit more complicated:  "The Krakens are holed up in an abandoned warehouse, and they've got a dig there to get into our tunnels."

So, in a way, it's a little bit of both:  both the characters are deciding what to do, in a way, and they are being told to do things by NPCs.

Does that make sense?

To clarify further:

1.  NPCs provide a mission.
2.  Before mission begins, players will submit mission ideas for the NEXT mission.
3.  GM will run NPC-led mission.
4.  After completion of mission, GM will try to gather some of the player ideas and fit them into the next "mission."
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ebb

Very clear, and that sounds great to me. The main thing is to not get too bogged down in discussions about what happens next. We're men and women of action, after all. We ought to do impulsive dumb things and get ourselves into trouble.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ebb on May 29, 2015, 04:34:04 PM
Very clear, and that sounds great to me. The main thing is to not get too bogged down in discussions about what happens next. We're men and women of action, after all. We ought to do impulsive dumb things and get ourselves into trouble.

Yes.  The game sort of requires you to move fast.

For example, in the first mission, the three-person party will have ONE MINUTE to enter into a home and find something.  That means that the party will have ten rounds to get in, do their thing, and then get out.

Casing, of course, will occur within the break between missions.  We can do quick rolls for those. 

I'm just really interested in having action, action, action.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chloe Milev

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 29, 2015, 12:16:35 PMCharacters won't be able to make magical items.  I don't really see a problem with her making crossbows, though.
Aww, not even a "mundane" crossbow that's so awesome it gets +1 every 3 ranks in Craft?  I guess that would't even have the possibility of coming up until level 7 and getting the actual Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat.

Anafa, halfling gunslinger (bolt ace) 2 / unchained rogue (halfling filcher) 2

Character Vision:  Quartermaster and crafter of weapons for sale or use by gang.

Character Personality:  With her parents murdered by thieves, she had to raise her siblings herself, working long hours with just enough time to get them food and a few hours' sleep.  She eventually joined the Dragons to escape her almost slave-labor conditions, make enough money to buy her mother's heirloom ring, and find revenge on those who killed her parents.  She only finds peace in working her craft, designing and maintaining tools and weapons.  Otherwise she can be nervous and unsure.

Inter-Character Relationships:  Having raised her siblings, she can be protective of her Dragon brothers and sisters too, making sure their equipment is always maintained and working properly.  She couldn't forgive herself if someone got hurt because their equipment failed at a critical moment.

She can take 12 on Craft (weapons) for a DC 25, so she can make a crossbow in 4 days, or a masterwork crossbow in about 8.  So as long as she has the time, she can make melee weapons and crossbows for everyone at 1/3 price.

Ready to work
Ready for adventure
Clockwork
Crossbow batman
Autocrossbow
Longhammer
Defending the forge
Filching
Dressing up
Dressing down
Riding dog
He's "Duchess"
Who's a good dog?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chloe Milev on May 29, 2015, 08:53:15 PM
Aww, not even a "mundane" crossbow that's so awesome it gets +1 every 3 ranks in Craft?  I guess that would't even have the possibility of coming up until level 7 and getting the actual Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat.

Anafa, halfling gunslinger (bolt ace) 2 / unchained rogue (halfling filcher) 2

Character Vision:  Quartermaster and crafter of weapons for sale or use by gang.

Character Personality:  With her parents murdered by thieves, she had to raise her siblings herself, working long hours with just enough time to get them food and a few hours' sleep.  She eventually joined the Dragons to escape her almost slave-labor conditions, make enough money to buy her mother's heirloom ring, and find revenge on those who killed her parents.  She only finds peace in working her craft, designing and maintaining tools and weapons.  Otherwise she can be nervous and unsure.

Inter-Character Relationships:  Having raised her siblings, she can be protective of her Dragon brothers and sisters too, making sure their equipment is always maintained and working properly.  She couldn't forgive herself if someone got hurt because their equipment failed at a critical moment.

Ready to work
Ready for adventure
Clockwork
Crossbow batman
Autocrossbow
Longhammer
Defending the forge
Filching
Dressing up
Dressing down

LOL.  I really like your character, Chloe.

But she won't be able to make magical weapons.  At least, not any time soon.  :l
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ebb

Name:  Patch (Character Sheet)
Race:  Half-Orc
Class:  Gestalt  Alchemist (Vivisectionist) - Brawler
Alignment:  Neutral Evil

Character vision: When the Dragons get cut he stitches them up again. When they need to make a Kraken talk, a lot of the same tools come in handy. He's good with his hands whether they're carrying a scalpel or not, and is a good man to have at your back as long as you're wearing the kutte. He's also a half-decent tattoo artist.

Character personality:  Ugly as sin and rough with strangers, Patch is utterly devoted to the Dragons, the only family that would have him. He is slow to anger and a little creepy to have around, but has been known to offer insightful comments at club business meetings. Although Patch really, really enjoys his work as a chirurgeon he's also more than a bit of a sadist. Customers are advised to self-medicate with alcohol beforehand.

Summary:   Patch is an integral part of the club and the surrounding community. He'll stitch up just about anybody, and for more serious wounds he can brew up a cure narcotic. Generally speaking distribution of those outside the club requires approval by club leadership. His services as a tattoo artist and healer earn the Dragons a fair bit of goodwill in the surrounding neighborhood. He's also happy to pull on his brass knuckles and go to work if there are uglier duties to perform.

Character Relationships:  TBD

Phaia

Zaraha "Snow White or Snow" Jenhas

Half Elf

Gestat: Level 2
Cavalier [Horse Lord]/ Unchained Rogue[Urban Ninja]

Character Vision: Fast Scout- Transporter/smuggler- Horse trainer
Animal Companion: Large Warhorse[Racer Archetype] [Sp-65]

Character Personality: Calm and Level headed, Loves to ride fast, lives life hard and fast at times. At times seems to perfer her horse to other people. Has a soft spot for orphan half elves. Smart and lovely and deadly when needed.
Has 3 rules for a smuggler/transporter job-No Names- DO NOT change the job- Do not open packet. Which she tends to bend often.

Cavalier code- Order of the Dragon
Cavaliers belonging to the order of the dragon dedicate themselves to a group of like-minded individuals, be it a mercenary company or a small band of adventurers. These cavaliers believe in loyalty and friendship, and are willing to lay down their lives to protect their allies.

Edicts: The cavalier must remain loyal to his allies and must always work to further the aims of the group. He must protect his allies from harm and defend their honor when called into doubt.

Taken in at the 'ranch' Snow [because of her white hair and white horse] spent years learning to handle horses and ride. A Gifted rider and a speical Horse make her dangerous on a ride.
[probally Lawful Neutral- lawful evil]

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

"...Yea that Warhorse  is good, standard Stable model decently trained and capable of fairly good speed...now take mine...It has 30% more horsepower, quicker and sure footed. Tough as nails and I swear smarter then I am at times. and No you can't ride him...."

Phaia

Ebb

And more questions...

- In this world potions of Lvl 1 and 2 are narcotics, not magic, and can be created with Craft (Alchemy). I can see two ways to interpret this:
(A) If you have Craft (Alchemy) then you basically can use it like the Brew Potion feat, making potions for half their list cost. However, this would limit you to potions for which you can cast the spell. So in practice that means just stuff off the Alchemist's list. (Patch has six formulae in his formulae book.)
or (B) You can make any 1st or 2nd level potion from any spell list, without knowing the spell. You just calculate the cost for the potion and then use the "Make Something" part of the Craft rules to create the potion. So you spend 1/3 of the potion cost on the raw materials, but it can take a really long time to make one. Like a minimum of 1 week to make a potion.

Frankly the Pathfinder crafting stuff always gives me a headache, so I'd prefer some easy rule of thumb that doesn't involve a lot of math or crafting checks or what have you, even if that limits the breadth of what I can make. But whatever fits your game best is good.

- Do alchemical items (sunrods, tanglefoot bags, etc.) exist in this world?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Phaia on May 29, 2015, 10:46:56 PM

Half Elf

Gestat: Level 2
Cavalier [Horse Lord]/ Unchained Rogue[Urban Ninja]

Character Vision: Fast Scout- Transporter/smuggler- Horse trainer
Animal Companion: Large Warhorse[Racer Archetype] [Sp-65]

Character Personality: Calm and Level headed, Loves to ride fast, lives life hard and fast at times. At times seems to perfer her horse to other people. Has a soft spot for orphan half elves. Smart and lovely and deadly when needed.
Has 3 rules for a smuggler/transporter job-No Names- DO NOT change the job- Do not open packet. Which she tends to bend often.

Cavalier code- Order of the Dragon
Cavaliers belonging to the order of the dragon dedicate themselves to a group of like-minded individuals, be it a mercenary company or a small band of adventurers. These cavaliers believe in loyalty and friendship, and are willing to lay down their lives to protect their allies.

Edicts: The cavalier must remain loyal to his allies and must always work to further the aims of the group. He must protect his allies from harm and defend their honor when called into doubt.

Taken in at the 'ranch' Snow [because of her white hair and white horse] spent years learning to handle horses and ride. A Gifted rider and a speical Horse make her dangerous on a ride.
[probally Lawful Neutral- lawful evil]

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

"...Yea that Warhorse  is good, standard Stable model decently trained and capable of fairly good speed...now take mine...It has 30% more horsepower, quicker and sure footed. Tough as nails and I swear smarter then I am at times. and No you can't ride him...."

Phaia

This is pretty rad, Phaia.  Is it weird to have such a woman-heavy group?  I'm psyched.  o_o

Quote from: Ebb on May 29, 2015, 10:48:09 PM
And more questions...

- In this world potions of Lvl 1 and 2 are narcotics, not magic, and can be created with Craft (Alchemy). I can see two ways to interpret this:
(A) If you have Craft (Alchemy) then you basically can use it like the Brew Potion feat, making potions for half their list cost. However, this would limit you to potions for which you can cast the spell. So in practice that means just stuff off the Alchemist's list. (Patch has six formulae in his formulae book.)
or (B) You can make any 1st or 2nd level potion from any spell list, without knowing the spell. You just calculate the cost for the potion and then use the "Make Something" part of the Craft rules to create the potion. So you spend 1/3 of the potion cost on the raw materials, but it can take a really long time to make one. Like a minimum of 1 week to make a potion.

Frankly the Pathfinder crafting stuff always gives me a headache, so I'd prefer some easy rule of thumb that doesn't involve a lot of math or crafting checks or what have you, even if that limits the breadth of what I can make. But whatever fits your game best is good.

- Do alchemical items (sunrods, tanglefoot bags, etc.) exist in this world?

Question one:  It's option A.

Question two:  Aww, I like the math.  The problem that I have in changing the rules for potion creation is that it really changes everything around.

This kind of brings up something that I wanted to mention:  your chapter will receive an additional 10% gold specifically to "bribe officials," or "hire hirelings," or whatever.  This is important, because you can use common hirelings to aid you in your brews.  If you've got a squad of hirelings working with you, you're going to knock out a lot of brews within a week.  I want to go this route because it forces characters to rely on NPCs.  And it gives me fodder for future stories.  "A really resourceful NPC, who has been helping you make CLW potions, is going to sell your formula."  So, don't worry about the math, but hire hirelings.

Question three:  yes.  Alchemical items do exist in this world.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ebb

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 29, 2015, 11:09:31 PM
Question one:  It's option A.

Question two:  Aww, I like the math.  The problem that I have in changing the rules for potion creation is that it really changes everything around.

This kind of brings up something that I wanted to mention:  your chapter will receive an additional 10% gold specifically to "bribe officials," or "hire hirelings," or whatever.  This is important, because you can use common hirelings to aid you in your brews.  If you've got a squad of hirelings working with you, you're going to knock out a lot of brews within a week.  I want to go this route because it forces characters to rely on NPCs.  And it gives me fodder for future stories.  "A really resourceful NPC, who has been helping you make CLW potions, is going to sell your formula."  So, don't worry about the math, but hire hirelings.

Sorry to be a pain, and I can take this to PM's if you'd rather. But Option A is to just use the Brew Potion feat, which would mean only potions you know the spell for are craftable, they cost 1/2 of the list price, and you can make the low-level ones in 2 hours. Easy-peasy, but we'd be limited to making potions off the Alchemist spell list, and given the rarity of wizards and clerics, most other potions wouldn't exist in the world.

Option B is the one that uses the tricky Craft rules for multiplying up silver pieces, making checks and stuff, but you wouldn't need to be able to cast the spell in order to create the potion. So with a lot more time spent we could potentially create any low-level potion, costing only 1/3 of the list price.

So did you mean Option B?

I guess a third option is to use Option B, but still require that you have to have the special potion recipe to make it. That seems like it might drive gameplay better -- people (including clubs) would guard their special recipes jealously. Ripping off one from another club would be a useful mission to take on. Burning their lab down and destroying all copies would be devastating. These potion recipes couldn't be used to cast spells, only to craft potions with, but they're required -- no way around it by just raising the DC on the craft check or whatever. (How the recipes get created in the first place can be hand-waved offstage. Maybe there's some legendary alchemists around who come up with these things, if you want to crossover a little "Breaking Bad" with your "Sons of Anarchy".)

Oh, and I like the idea of having hirelings / staff around, and of them being corruptible. It's another fun avenue of attack/defense between clubs, and gives an extra thing to do for social characters with Sense Motive -- the interview process for these guys should be fun.

Phaia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 29, 2015, 11:09:31 PM
This is pretty rad, Phaia.  Is it weird to have such a woman-heavy group?  I'm psyched.  o_o

I guess I could make the charcter a male if needed!!

Some questions myself.
- Is there a limit to the number of traits the character can have.. of course any past 2 needs a drawback/flaw/?? to off set?
- Can we take a trait that gives extra starting gp?
- Are there any limited magic items to buy besidses non magic/magic potions? ie wands?
- Could the Feat 'Master Craftsman' let us make magic items?...    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/master-craftsman---final
- Can my character keep the extra warhorse the nice Gm provided even though She has a mount? [can lease/rent it out or even sell it lol]
- Are there any feats/skills/traits you do NOT want to see used?
- Since the Dragons use repeating xbows, do they need the exotic weapon feat? If so are the dragons getting that free or do the characters have to gain the feat?
- Can a hand xbow be made repeating?

I had considered giveing Snow the profession courtesan but decided she was not a  'whore'.. She will be the stable handler and horse trained [by cavalier L4 they gain big bonus on training mounts] and her healing will be more geared toward the horses but she can and will help out 'Patch'

Phaia

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ebb on May 29, 2015, 11:23:53 PM
Sorry to be a pain, and I can take this to PM's if you'd rather. But Option A is to just use the Brew Potion feat, which would mean only potions you know the spell for are craftable, they cost 1/2 of the list price, and you can make the low-level ones in 2 hours. Easy-peasy, but we'd be limited to making potions off the Alchemist spell list, and given the rarity of wizards and clerics, most other potions wouldn't exist in the world.

Option B is the one that uses the tricky Craft rules for multiplying up silver pieces, making checks and stuff, but you wouldn't need to be able to cast the spell in order to create the potion. So with a lot more time spent we could potentially create any low-level potion, costing only 1/3 of the list price.

So did you mean Option B?

I guess a third option is to use Option B, but still require that you have to have the special potion recipe to make it. That seems like it might drive gameplay better -- people (including clubs) would guard their special recipes jealously. Ripping off one from another club would be a useful mission to take on. Burning their lab down and destroying all copies would be devastating. These potion recipes couldn't be used to cast spells, only to craft potions with, but they're required -- no way around it by just raising the DC on the craft check or whatever. (How the recipes get created in the first place can be hand-waved offstage. Maybe there's some legendary alchemists around who come up with these things, if you want to crossover a little "Breaking Bad" with your "Sons of Anarchy".)

Oh, and I like the idea of having hirelings / staff around, and of them being corruptible. It's another fun avenue of attack/defense between clubs, and gives an extra thing to do for social characters with Sense Motive -- the interview process for these guys should be fun.

Hmm.  You're right.  I guess it would be Option B, but with recipes.  That's kind of cool, actually.  Let's do that.

I guess your next question would be, "well, how many recipes do I know right now?"  Let's say that you learn two new potions automatically per level, but you start off knowing 2x your INT modifier to begin with.  Additionally, you can buy "recipes" the same as scrolls.  Does this seem reasonable?

Edit:

So, if you can buy recipes, then the game element that we were discussing kind of ceases to mean anything.  So let's say that the rare recipes are potion combos -- like, potions that grant two, three, or even four effects of a certain level.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Phaia on May 29, 2015, 11:25:04 PM
I guess I could make the charcter a male if needed!!

Some questions myself.
- Is there a limit to the number of traits the character can have.. of course any past 2 needs a drawback/flaw/?? to off set?
- Are there any limited magic items to buy besidses non magic/magic potions? ie wands?
- Could the Feat 'Master Craftsman' let us make magic items?...    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/master-craftsman---final
- Can my character keep the extra warhorse the nice Gm provided even though She has a mount? [can lease/rent it out or even sell it lol]
- Since the Dragons use repeating xbows, do they need the exotic weapon feat? If so are the dragons getting that free or do the characters have to gain the feat?
- Can a hand xbow be made repeating?

I had considered giveing Snow the profession courtesan but decided she was not a  'whore'.. She will be the stable handler and horse trained [by cavalier L4 they gain big bonus on training mounts] and her healing will be more geared toward the horses but she can and will help out 'Patch'

Phaia

No, female is fine.  Hot female?  even better.

The answer is, there is technically no limit, just be reasonable.  I don't like home-brew flaws or traits, though.  All I ask is that the traits make sense.

While I don't mind traits that grant you THINGS, like heirlooms, I do have a problem with a member of a gang having a "rich" trait.  The traits have to fit.  You can't be a royal prince, and be a member of the Dragons, for example.

No.  Magic is extremely rare.

No.  You cannot make magic items.

This is a really good question.  It wouldn't be correct to say that you OWN the warhorse.  It's just that you always have access to a warhorse.  The warhorse is interchangeable.  So, if it dies, the next adventure you would get another one for free.

To be honest, I'm not really sure.  Remember, you are playing a gang member.  The background should reflect that.

- Since the Dragons use repeating xbows, do they need the exotic weapon feat? If so are the dragons getting that free or do the characters have to gain the

The Dragons don't USE repeating cross-bows.  The Dragons smuggle repeating cross-bows.  So yes, they would have to acquire the exotic weapon feat or find a trait that allows them to use it.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ebb

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 29, 2015, 11:32:41 PM
Hmm.  You're right.  I guess it would be Option B, but with recipes.  That's kind of cool, actually.  Let's do that.

I guess your next question would be, "well, how many recipes do I know right now?"  Let's say that you learn two new potions automatically per level, but you start off knowing 2x your INT modifier to begin with.  Additionally, you can buy "recipes" the same as scrolls.  Does this seem reasonable?

Edit:

So, if you can buy recipes, then the game element that we were discussing kind of ceases to mean anything.  So let's say that the rare recipes are potion combos -- like, potions that grant two, three, or even four effects of a certain level.

That all sounds cool. I'd even be fine just flat-out saying that recipes aren't available for sale under any circumstances. They're plot items, and when one comes on the market, or a location is figured out for one that isn't too heavily guarded, then it's a big deal. The kind of thing where gangs scramble to send a team out to secure it. You can still have your combo potions, of course.

I figure the most common potion, cure light wounds, is generally known by everybody. That's the one that people tend to get hooked on and fuck up their lives. Probably has a nice buzz associated with it too.
This one (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/polypurpose-panacea) is probably on everybody's short list as well.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ebb on May 29, 2015, 11:55:55 PM
That all sounds cool. I'd even be fine just flat-out saying that recipes aren't available for sale under any circumstances. They're plot items, and when one comes on the market, or a location is figured out for one that isn't too heavily guarded, then it's a big deal. The kind of thing where gangs scramble to send a team out to secure it. You can still have your combo potions, of course.

I figure the most common potion, cure light wounds, is generally known by everybody. That's the one that people tend to get hooked on and fuck up their lives. Probably has a nice buzz associated with it too.
This one (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/polypurpose-panacea) is probably on everybody's short list as well.

All right -- even better.  Recipes aren't for sale.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sorrow Singer

Name:  Charlotte 'Scarlet' Janvier
Race:  Human
Class:  Gestalt  Ranger (Urban Ranger, Skirmisher.) Rogue (Unchained Rogue)

Character vision: Having grown up on the harsh side of life, Charlotte has weathered the storm better than most. To her the dragons are family, and family are the only people in this entire rotten city that count. Agile, deadly accurate with a blade and quick on her feet, Charlotte has been doing work for the family since she was old enough to take orders. a few years of experience later and Charlotte is considered one of the Dragon's finest soldiers.

Character personality: Cool Headed and professional, Charlotte is often called upon for solo operations based on her rational thinking skills and willingness to adapt to a changing environment. whether as a pick pocket, or outright murderer.  Charlotte find's the calling of the assassin to be a worthy one. believing strongly that those with the power and mind to affect change should do so. At daggers end, if need be.

Summary: A cool operator in the Dragons usual dealings, 'Scarlet' functions as anything between a scout and an assassin. operating at fairly close range, and usually in the dead of night. Outside of work she's an old friend of the Club, having been raised on the streets in and among their number. She works odd jobs around town when not rich off the take. To Charlotte the Dragons are everything, it's members are friends and family. And it's enemies are dead and dying.
Character Relationships: 

Notes
Pretty traditional sneak thief. Two weapon fighting daggers, sneak attack and favored enemy can add up to some respectable spike damage in a surprise round. she also gets a freakish ten skill points a level, which makes her potentially rather versatile as we start getting more levels to play with. Aside from a willingness to end lives based solely on the whims of her friends and superiors, Charlotte's really not such a bad person. She makes a point of only robbing specific marks, killing mostly dirty guards and wont touch kids under any circumstance.

Chloe Milev

Alright, Anafa can take 12 on Craft (weapons) for a DC 25, so she can make a crossbow in 4 days, or a masterwork crossbow in about 8.  So as long as she has the time, she can make melee weapons and crossbows for everyone at 1/3 price.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Muse

Ooh.  Is tha  okay, PHant?  Would be really nice on my gear! :) 

Also, didn't you say we could make crossbows that came apart into less offensive peices?  I was kind of equipiung to be someownat inofesnive ina ppearnce.  My longsword sheathes in a staff, my armor--chain shirt--i hide under a jacket.  So--when nto riding out with lance and war horse--i can be fully kitted otu with my only obvious weapons a staff, a whip, and a crossbow. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PhantomPistoleer

I don't see a problem with it.  Not only do I tolerate it, but I highly encourage everyone to get together and build things for one another pre-game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on May 30, 2015, 12:35:46 AM
Name:  Charlotte 'Scarlet' Janvier
Class:  Gestalt  Ranger (Urban Ranger, Skirmisher.) Rogue (Unchained Rogue)

Character vision: Having grown up on the harsh side of life, Charlotte has weathered the storm better than most. To her the dragons are family, and family are the only people in this entire rotten city that count. Agile, deadly accurate with a blade and quick on her feet, Charlotte has been doing work for the family since she was old enough to take orders. a few years of experience later and Charlotte is considered one of the Dragon's finest soldiers.

Character personality: Cool Headed and professional, Charlotte is often called upon for solo operations based on her rational thinking skills and willingness to adapt to a changing environment. whether as a pick pocket, or outright murderer.  Charlotte find's the calling of the assassin to be a worthy one. believing strongly that those with the power and mind to affect change should do so. At daggers end, if need be.

Summary: A cool operator in the Dragons usual dealings, 'Scarlet' functions as anything between a scout and an assassin. operating at fairly close range, and usually in the dead of night. Outside of work she's an old friend of the Club, having been raised on the streets in and among their number. She works odd jobs around town when not rich off the take. To Charlotte the Dragons are everything, it's members are friends and family. And it's enemies are dead and dying.
Character Relationships: 

Notes
Pretty traditional sneak thief. Two weapon fighting daggers, sneak attack and favored enemy can add up to some respectable spike damage in a surprise round. she also gets a freakish ten skill points a level, which makes her potentially rather versatile as we start getting more levels to play with. Aside from a willingness to end lives based solely on the whims of her friends and superiors, Charlotte's really not such a bad person. She makes a point of only robbing specific marks, killing mostly dirty guards and wont touch kids under any circumstance.

All right, this looks great, Sorrow.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sorrow Singer

Sweet, I'm going to need ten bagillion throwing daggers. they cost two gold each, so that breaks down to six silver each. Scarlet is going to be be throwing things all day long.

Muse

Name:  Jord
Class:  Gestalt Fighter 2/ Rogue 2
Alignment:  Lawful Evil

Brif History: Child of Morn Salaryman--owner of a salt flat--and a concubine, Jord was originaly trained to work for his father as an overseer.  Though lording it over the slaves gave Jord skill with whip and truncheon, it also sparked a power lust in him that his current position didn't sate.  After spending  a few years serving in the militia, he gained a place in the Dragons through a slave dealer his family worked with. 

Character vision: A bastard at heart as well as in blood, Jord is far more sophisticicated than a simple brute enforcer.  He aspires to rise high in the guild, but means to do this as a leader and a soldier of merit, not by climbing over the broken bodies of his comrades.  He's is inteligent, cunning, and controling.  On the battlefield, he uses his leater lash to disadvantage his most dangerous oponents by depriving them of their weapons or footing, then moves in for the kill with staff or sword. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ixy

Hi all-- Are you guys in favor of certain factors being part of the guild's culture?
    I'd like to include a few standard symbols:
    • Colors: they should have a vest or corset they can wear over their armor, or by itself, as a display of pride and intimidation.
    • Tattoos: items that can't be removed that demonstrate loyalty-- basically indisputable proof that you're "in", faking them is punishable by death
    • Wings (tattoos or patches on gang Kutts/Colors earned for acts of sexual self-deprecation or aggression)
    • Officers: I don't officers should be PCs, at least not now... just the people who give our PCs the orders.

I have a few ideas for how to proceed with connections:

Quote from: Ebb on May 29, 2015, 03:51:14 PM
Character Idea:
Summary:   Patch is an integral part of the club and the surrounding community. He'll stitch up just about anybody, and for more serious wounds he can brew up a cure narcotic. Generally speaking distribution of those outside the club requires approval by club leadership. His services as a tattoo artist and healer earn the Dragons a fair bit of goodwill in the surrounding neighborhood. He's also happy to pull on his brass knuckles and go to work if there are uglier duties to perform.

Character Relationships:  TBD

Hi Ebb-- I'd like to make connections between Penn and PAtch if that's ok with you?   Since Patch is their medic and does tattoos, I hope he would be very familiar with Penn.  Could he have done piercings for her, as well as guild tattoos?  He's probably stitched her up a few times, and has seen her at her worst-- in pain, with a broken bone, half-unconscious from blood loss-- but he's never seen her complain.  I have a couple other ideas about moments from her past, too, that she wouldn't want advertised if your PC would know them and not talk about it.

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on May 30, 2015, 12:35:46 AM
Character Relationships: 

Penn would most likely have worked with Scarlet, as they are both very quiet and efficient killers.  They can both reasonably suspect that the other is involved  in various professional-quality "actions" without the other's knowledge, but Penn would frequently show up to watch Scarlet train or 'work'.  Always uninvited, occasionally unwelcomed, Penn shows a sort of curiosity about her that isn't purely "professional" but not entirely personal.

Quote from: Phaia on May 29, 2015, 10:46:56 PM

Hi Phaia-- wonderful to see you again :)  As my PC will be a half-elf... not orphaned, really, but definitely a black sheep from an impoverished family... would it be reasonable for Zaraha and Penn to have history?  Penn doesn't speak much at all, and certainly doesn't go out of her way to socialize or discuss her personal issues.  As described in her background though, Penn tends to form fixations on people, and as the horse master, there's plenty of opportunity for  the two of them to interact.  Penn shows up to watch her work often, or can be found lingering around the stables.

I'm sure I haven't listed everyone out yet, but I'm looking for these connections, if anyone else is.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ixy on May 31, 2015, 02:45:30 PM
Hi all-- Are you guys in favor of certain factors being part of the guild's culture?
    I'd like to include a few standard symbols:
    • Colors: they should have a vest or corset they can wear over their armor, or by itself, as a display of pride and intimidation.
    • Tattoos: items that can't be removed that demonstrate loyalty-- basically indisputable proof that you're "in", faking them is punishable by death
    • Wings (tattoos or patches on gang Kutts/Colors earned for acts of sexual self-deprecation or aggression)
    • Officers: I don't officers should be PCs, at least not now... just the people who give our PCs the orders.
I have taken the "officers should not be PCs" under advisement and I've made my decision.  PCs will not be officers.

Thank you for wanting to have a "culture" behind the gang, Ixy.  That's neat.[/list]
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O