Looking for: Small to Large PF group, Players/Dm

Started by OyabunKobold, December 02, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Well, if that's an issue, I can offer to help out in exchange for a part.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Mantis Shrimp Prime

K. Will look at characters tonight and give feedback.

Quote from: Karasu on January 09, 2015, 08:26:09 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1093823

God I love you guys for using myth-weavers to host character sheets.
Most of my other online games I have to look at text stat blocks. <,<

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 10, 2015, 01:16:50 AM
Its not a set in stone rule that you cant have a stat starting over 18 there's just no set in stone rules for handling getting a stat over 18 no point buy or roll rules that work so its not a rule but there's usually no way to do it outside a house rule.

Well, 18 is the max that you can get from 3d6, the standard "method one" of stat generation.
So there's a precedent for 18 being the cap before racial bonuses, even that's not stated verbatim (though I thought it was).

And heyyyy peeps, don't worry about taking "spots". Just make your character how you want it.
Especially since in a game like this we could have a party of ALL clerics and still have vastly different characters mechanically.

Karasu

Cause I looked and no one said anything about a cap as far as I saw...

If you like I can easily move a couple poitns form my CHA to something else, it's no big deal ^^
Removed, due to vandalism.

OyabunKobold

So decided to repost my char here but Im gonna post it in full :3 I dont mind everyone taking a looksie at it might find a couple more mistakes like Blinkin did with the ability spread (thanks again for that)

Name: Mirana Carnaldusk
Race: Shadow Sylph
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Fighter (archer archtype) 2/Rogue (Sniper Archtype) 3
Traits: Reactionary, Magical Knack (rogue), Influence (Sense motive)
Flaws: Cruel
Ability spread (including Shadow Sylph stat increase to dex/int and lvl 4 stat increase to Dex) Str (14), Dex (19), Con (14), Int (12), Wis (16), Chr (10)

Description:
Mirana Carnaldusk appearance

Personality: Shy: Shes usually quite shy around new people and a bit quiet and contemplative. This changes quicker though due to her confidence that allows her to open up to new people quicker.

Loyal: She puts her Friends and people she cares out first and foremost. Sometimes her friends get in danger and She worries about them constantly but shes never turned her back on them. Its the one trait about her that others would deem wholly pure.

Confident: Mirana though quiet and a bit shy at first is confident. She knows her limitations and knows just what she needs to do to overcome them eventually.

Tomboy: Shes a tomboy usually quite rough an tumble. She does wear skirts but at the same time she hangs out with the boys a lot. She doesn't mind getting a bit dirty. she also likes other tomboys and even some girly girls tho the girly girls have to be quite special.

Cruel: shes quite cruel reveling in the pain of others she deems an enemy. She will go out of her way to bring more pain than is needed to such a person when given the chance.

Background: Mirana was born in a A bustling urban paradise. For some at least her life wasn't one of splendor and freedom as others seemingly held. Her parents Yeomen to the great king Aemilius. The family unable to take care of their child on the meager funds that they produced Left her to die. She didn't die though a group of bandits and thieves that populated the slums of the great city saw her and took her into their group. She had to earn her keep stealing and killing for the group when told. Even got caught a few times when finally she was given a choice. She either joins the Militia and serves her king in battle and blood or she gets sent to jail to rot out her life behind bars. It was a easy choice for her she joined the militia and was sent off to war.

In the war she was brutal to her adversaries. Like a shadow in the night she slipped in and killed. Like a Hawk in the sky her aim
was second to none. No matter who it was no matter how it was she did her jobs and rose in the ranks of the shadow. An elite sect of the militia known for being silent and deadly leaving no trace of their arrival and leaving only death in their wake. The war was long and Lasted much of her adolescent life until finally they won. Being sent home there was only one last mission she was to be sent on to pardon her of all crimes. A mission she succeeded in the eyes of her superiors but failed ultimately. She was sent to kill a wizard growing in strength. When she reached the mage she found only Youta Fukui a Kobold sorcerer.

The man stopped her attack and explained himself to her before gathering his things to go back into hiding. A man of honor he was and told her that the hold would disappear after he left. It did and she spent the next few years covertly searching for him looking for something that would lead her to his whereabouts. Being released from her servitude in the militia she took to the countryside in search. Eventually coming across weird rumors of a Lizard like Priest known to do fanatical things without the help of a god. Finding a group of Clergy members she assaulted them stealing all the valuables on their forms and getting the information out of them before disappearing into the night leaving them to live or die depending on if they were found in time.

She held no love for the church nor for any god so when the kobold retired to his chambers that night he was surprised to find her eating an apple waiting for him. Rushing to cast the spell she tossed said apple at his snout breaking the concentration he held before holding her dagger to his throat hissing in his ear that he wouldn't get away this time. Fearing for his life he begged for it wondering just what this demonic girl wanted that could blend into the shadows with ease. Surprisingly her answer was him. It threw him off guard enough before he found himself waking up next to her bare form cuddled up against his own. Thus started a new saga of burglary and subterfuge. She was accepted into the clergy but kept in the shadows where those who went against Youta were taken and never seen again. Her luck ran out a few years later when she was caught stealing from a nobles house and thrown into jail awaiting her time on the Stocks. Three weeks on the stocks were her punishment. Three weeks of enduring the elements and being tortured abused and humiliated for the populous' enjoyment. She would not wait three weeks for such a thing and started plotting her escape.

Posting format

Mirana Carnaldusk, Female Shadow Sylph Sniper (2 fighter(archer)/3 Rogue (sniper))
Character Sheet
HP:57 (Current: 57)  AC: 18, touch: 15, flatfooted: 14
Fort:+6 Ref:+7 Will:+4

Statistical info

Combat: CMB: +5, CMD: 19, Move: 35 ft
Melee: MW Earthbreaker +8 (1d10+3 x3)
Dagger +7 (1d3+2 19-20/x2)
Ranged: Adaptive +1 composite Longbow +7 (1d6+2+1+4 x3 115ft 20 blunt arrows/20 Alchemical silver arrows/20 cold iron arrows)
Dagger (thrown) +7 (1d3+2+4 19-20/x2 10ft 1 dagger)
Buffs:
-Innate: +1 to perception, +8 to stealth, +2 to non-magical ranged AC,
-Spells:
-Potions:
Debuffs:

This is where I post this is normal non speaking posting
This is how I talk isn't it lovely
This is how I think isn't it lovely

OOC
OOC goes here much wow many woot

Actions
Actions go here isnt it lovely?

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Rajah

In the interest of front lines and flanking: nobody flanks better than the Warlord!

Name: Taegrin Ziati, the White Cobra

Personality and History: Taegrin's no stranger to waking up somewhere unfamiliar, uncertain why he's there or what's to become of him. In some ways, it feels like coming home.

The White Cobra is an elan, a transhumanist aberration created by means of a secretive psionic ritual. Like most elans, Taegrin was chosen because he was exceptional. Noble at heart, in affect, and of station, he was further blessed with beauty and with grace: his mastery of dance as an art brought him to the attention of visiting powers well beyond the borders of the little kingdom he called home...but these things were not enough. What brought him to the attention of those who would be his makers was his changed psyche, after years abroad in foreign courts, where his pursuit of local dancing traditions (and the occasional local dancing lady) led him into the mysticism of certain ecstatic traditions of dancing, and from there into the first glimmers of psionic awakening - and the eye of an elan cult in service to an Outer Thing, who sought through wild meditations and mental shifts into pure emptiness to chisel away at the tyranny of Time itself. That was the first time he found himself imprisoned for sinister purpose, and the most transformative: he was made an elan, broken by the unbearable mind-warping of an Outer Thing, rescued by a princess clad in iron, and released to his home...to find himself too different in perspective, let alone essential nature, to call it that any more.

Taegrin instead sought out his heroine, who turned out to be a warder in service to the Knives of the Loom, a religious order that hunted down and destroyed those who would bend time and fate to their whim. The metaphysics and philosophy were of little interest to the young man who became the White Cobra, however; he wanted only stability and direction, and the cause gave him that. The rest he grew into. Swordsmanship was an art expected of the high culture of his homeland, and he found in its disciplined flow the delightful echoes of dance bounded up in borders that gave him a sense of security - something he desperately needed, after coming so close to drowning in the total freedom of insanity. He was a fine student, and his skill and clear heart - untainted by his experiences - advanced him within the order and the wider world. Soon enough he was the slayer (and occasional seducer) of all manner of insane arcanists and tentacled horrors, acquiring impressive titles like the White Cobra (there was an incident with a phrenic dire mongoose), developing new and excitingly flashy martial techniques, and privately mourning the loss of his promising dance career. Well, you can't have everything.

Of course, when you go about making enemies of rogue mages, wicked psions, and clerics of chaotic powers, you can expect the odd malevolent teleportation, plague of assassins, or abduction and indoctrination attempt: Taegrin's become almost as skilled at being captured as he is at slashing open evildoers who meddle in things best left to their natural order. He affects a sunny disposition and a good sense of humor about that kind of thing, because he has enough experience to dull the fear, because it's an coping mechanism, and because it occasionally annoys a wild-eyed priestess of the god of taking oneself too seriously into making a useful mistake. He does his best to conduct himself with honor, compassion, and merit, although he tends to lose his moral center when placed in conflict with the aberrant and the mentally unclean - which hasn't always been to his disadvantage. Still, that's the exception rather the rule. On some level, it's all a bit of a charade: something got lost in the transition from human to posthuman, some essential spark of self, and what he's really doing now is imitating his idealized memory of the girl who saved him all those years ago...but, well, like I said: you can't have everything.

Goals: Taegrin wants to save someone else the way he was saved, only this time he doesn't want to be just a little too late. He wants to explore his psionic potential safely, chained to the discipline of his swordmanship. He wants a chance to come to terms with being irrevocably transformed, body and mind, with someone who understands what it is to have one's identity unmade by the designs of another.

Race: Elan
Traits: Savant (Perform [Dance]), Fate's Favored
Class: Warlord
Archetype: Bushi
Tradition: The Knives of the Loom are an elusive brotherhood subject to much rumor and conspiracy; despite their image, however, they are often in good standing with the noble class and governments of nations they pass through due to their willingness to lend aid at pivotal moments and in times of crisis and their lack of interest in claiming accolades - there are no small number of men and women in power who have found benefit in their careers by accepting a Knife's timely offer. Despite the occasional sinister implication, the truth is that they are present at such moments because they search for them: the Knives are the priests, paladins, and devoted knight-errants of a dozen gods of time of fate, dedicated to hunting for rifts in destiny where the tapestry of reality has begun to come undone. They oppose the meddling of powers divine, arcane, and psionic, the works of vestiges and the ruin brought by Outer Things. Their symbol is a weaver's loom with a frayed thread being pared away by a knife. They offer Riven Hourglass and the Autohypnosis skill. (Trading for Golden Lion and Diplomacy)
Abilities: Tentatively Strength 18, Dexterity 12, Constitution 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 18 (+2 Elan racial).
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Blinkin

You missed INT there.

And, it's not a compitition to see who's the best, As long as nothing kills Jason, he doesn't care.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Blinkin on January 10, 2015, 03:56:20 PM
You missed INT there.

And, it's not a compitition to see who's the best, As long as nothing kills Jason, he doesn't care.

If this is to me blinkin posting my char here isn't so much a competition as much as I made this char at like 12 am in the morning I think its fully complete and cohesive but as you pointed out before I was wrong on my stat buy by 3 points so this way I can get some feedback and others can point out anything else they see off hand that is off before the game officially starts so i can fix now rather than later :3

If its not then don't mind me running on one hour of sleep at the moment and not very Perceptive of subtle cues.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Chulanowa

I'll have a Dwarven Skald up shortly; that 1:1 point buy is a godsend for this thing. Stoopid charisma penalty!

Blinkin

No complaint, just saying that your ability scores didn't have intelligence. As far as flankers go, I was just saying that Jason is designed to be a flanker, but doesn't have to have someone flanked to be effective. :) As far as warlords go, I've never seen one in play, but they seem fairly well built as far as parties go... On the other hand, just because he's a warlord doesn't mean that he's automatically the party leader... just good at morale. ;) lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Rajah

Quote from: Blinkin on January 10, 2015, 04:24:59 PM
No complaint, just saying that your ability scores didn't have intelligence. As far as flankers go, I was just saying that Jason is designed to be a flanker, but doesn't have to have someone flanked to be effective. :) As far as warlords go, I've never seen one in play, but they seem fairly well built as far as parties go... On the other hand, just because he's a warlord doesn't mean that he's automatically the party leader... just good at morale. ;) lol

I traded out about half of the leadership stuff for sword stuff anyway. Still have gambit bonuses, Warleader, and Tactical Flanker. ;) Speaking of, if we both get in, let me know if there's something particular you want for a Teamwork feat. You don't have to take it or qualify for it (Warleader) but I do. I was thinking Paired Opportunist or Precise Strike.

Quote from: MuseSo what's a warlord?

If you know 3.5, it's like if the marshal and the warblade had a Pathfinder baby. If you don't, it's kinda like a skald, but less singing and spellcasting and more glorious charges.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Okay. Gonna take a look at character submissions thus far.

Quote from: kckolbe on January 09, 2015, 09:18:07 AM
Interested in more?  I'm running a PF game at the moment and would love to play in one.  Would this be a more urban setting?  Would duels be allowed (in the setting)?

Dueling would be technically illegal, but not really enforced, or with loopholes (i.e. when nobles or other high profile citizens want to duke it out, they willingly enter a "gladiatorial spectacle" with each other).

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 09, 2015, 12:58:48 PM
DM, just so i understand, you mean 1:1 as in, "it only costs 8 points to get to 18 in a stat"? it seems obvious but i wanna make sure.

Just so.

Quote from: Karasu on January 10, 2015, 01:43:52 PM
If you like I can easily move a couple poitns form my CHA to something else, it's no big deal ^^

Yeah, let's do that.

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 10, 2015, 04:32:04 AM
If there isnt much sex in this IC then it doesn't really matter, and if there is - then it does I guess :)

Feel free to mack on any NPC you take a shine to. :P

Quote from: Rajah on January 10, 2015, 03:44:38 PM
In the interest of front lines and flanking: nobody flanks better than the Warlord!

Where's Warlord from?

Quote from: Blinkin on January 10, 2015, 03:56:20 PM

Yeah.
When people want to make powerful characters, I always ask them why.
If the answer is, "Because I want my character to kick ass and do awesome things",  that's cool, we can work with that.
If the answer is, "Because I want to be the most powerful person in the party", that's just a problematic attitude and we'd need to have a bit of a talk before I'd be okay with them in the game.

And if the answer is, "Because I want to be more powerful than your bad guys", I laugh in their face.

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on January 10, 2015, 06:10:18 PM
Where's Warlord from?

The newest Paizo Splatbook Path of War found here Warlord

Tho just to put it out there Path of war as a whole vastly unbalances parties you want to see strong give me path of war Stalker levels instead of fighter levels and Ill return you something that can deal out around 900+ damage a Round to everything within 20 ft of 8 areas I designate that will blind them and Crit on a natural roll of 10 with a composite longbow all without using any arrows

Its PFs version of the ToB that made Melee/ranged people able to stand toe to toe with any mage.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 10, 2015, 06:31:52 PM

Tho just to put it out there Path of war as a whole vastly unbalances parties you want to see strong give me path of war Stalker levels instead of fighter levels and Ill return you something that can deal out around 900+ damage a Round to everything within 20 ft of 8 areas I designate that will blind them and Crit on a natural roll of 10 with a composite longbow all without using any arrows

Its PFs version of the ToB that made Melee/ranged people able to stand toe to toe with any mage.

*looks it up*
Ahhhh.
Gah.
Well. I'll allow it.

Just, everybody... use restraint in your characters.
When it comes to stuff like this I hate saying 'no you will be too teh powerfuller' to people's concepts, but at the same time I don't want
to have too many headaches trying to keep things together down the line.

Chulanowa

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 10, 2015, 06:31:52 PM

It's not Paizo - it's 3rd party, Dreamscarred Press. And if it's as unbalancing as Tome of battle was in 3.5 (keeping in mind Pathfinder is already on a higher power scale) then... yeesh.

OyabunKobold

it was Dreamscarred press but Paizo recently (like in the last few months) made it an officially recognized and approved splatbook for any Paizo sanctioned game.

but yeah Path of war is Tomb of Battle  for Pathfinder

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Anything by Dreamscarred is basically like a common-law official material.
In other cases I probably would have said 'nah' but I *did* say I'd be down with 3rd party materials (and maybe some slight homebrew) on the first page, and I hate reneging.

Just don't make me regret it like I did that time I tried running a game for folks on Giant in the Playground...

edit:  And since I see most people have taken them anybody, as a clarification you do get two traits.
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/advancedNewRules.html#traits

As a side note, might I add that "Dreamscarred Press" would be an awesome name for a wrestling finisher.

OyabunKobold

so two traits and a flaw or 3 traits if you take a flaw?

i like flaws so either way is fine for me :)

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Yeah, three traits and a flaw would be fine.
For those wondering, they are here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/drawbacks

Chulanowa

Taavia Perkele
Class: Skald (Fated Champion archetype)
Race: Dwarf
Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1093939 (WIP)

Background:
   The land is replete with songs and tales and fables of commen men rising to greatness through pluck, guile, and bravery. Samford and the Silver Maid, the tale of Jahoq who could out-bargain Djinns, and Rivel with his nine tasks, winning the entire kingdom of Hakboor. Taavia knows them all, and their variations across the land, and she takes these myths and legends as inspiration for herself.

Taavia is a merchant's daughter, originally, hailing from the northern land of Syldr. As soon as the winter ice broke, her father would leave with his crew, taking the crafts of winter south to great trade cities, and returning at the end of summer with new goods and riches. While at home, Taavia learned from her mother, all the old stories fo the dwarves, and the ways of Syldr, the legends of its kings, especially. Though the kings of Syldr had been born into the line for nearly three hundred years now, in the old days, their ancestors earned - and lost - thrones on the basis of their might and glory. They traded in dragon skulls and troll beards the way ship captains traded in cut-silver today. By the laws of the alting, a new king could prove his right to rule in the same way, the stories went.

When she was old enough, Taavia begged her father to take her along on one of his voyages, to see the lands beyond the hills and forests of Syldr. he finally assented, and for four years, Taavia worked aboard the Sea-Raven, visiting lands to the south and east, though only rarely setting foot beyond their docks. She learned the way of battle, to fend off raiders both onboard and at home, and from the ship's volva, she learned some magic and the ways to know the weather.

In her fifth year, she hugged her father, kissed his cheek, and bade him send her love home to mother; Taavia was staying behind. Well, that was the plan, and it took two days of loud arguing for her father to accept it, but accept it he did. She told him a tale of wanting to make a name for herself, to make the family proud. She didn't dare tell him the deeper reason; If kings could win thrones through glory and song, what was to stop a queen?

Goals:
   Taavia seeks to return to Syldr in fame and prestige, lay claim to one of the tones o that land (Syldr is ruled by many small kings) and reign as the first Queen of legends. That's a long way off though, so in the meantime... She seeks glory. Both her own and that of others. It's not bragging or boasting if it's at least mostly true! Third, and most immediate, she has found herself in this prison, clad in rags, stripped of dignity and goods. This will not stand. Whoever's behind this will pay, even if she has to bide her time... While working on all this, she is an inveterate loreseeker, always trying to dig up new stories, new takes on old tales, mysteries, histories, and old gods (she carries the holy symbols of about twelve, just in case.)

Personality:
   The standard image of dwarves is that of a staid, if not grim, rough-around-the-edges traditionalist. but even dwarves have young people with big dreams and wide eyes; This is Taavia. She's out to seize destiny for herself, to live life to its absolute fullest; let her parents and aunts and uncles content themselves with salt fish and whittling spruce in Syldr, Taavia has discovered a wide world of things to explore, discover, learn, and try. She's always on the lookout for new stories and myths, and absolutely wants to forge some herself. Though she can be as bullish and single-minded as any dwarf, she tempers this with open passion, whether at the bar, in a bed, or on a battlefield. There are no stories of kingdoms won by a brooding, sullen loner, after all.

Yes, I'm basically playing a viking dwarf. And yes, I'm lifting a good bit from the Golarion Land of the Linnorm Kings. But I think it works! I've still got to finalize her spells, traits, and equipment stuff, but other than that, the sheet is done - and then I need to pick a picture.

LuciferOs

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218781.msg10876774#msg10876774

I am not sure about boons and flaws or drawbacks - if any who know pathfinder well can recommend any changes to my character it would be appreciated.

I would love to know which characters are approved - and which need rework or are rejected.
That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Yeah, expect commentary and feedback by tomorrow.

Also, quick question. Would every body be down for a bit of preliminary solo RP before the real action starts?
Nothing that would need rolls, just a quick scene to establish your what your characters were doing before capture.

Rajah

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 10, 2015, 06:58:39 PMAnd if it's as unbalancing as Tome of battle was in 3.5 (keeping in mind Pathfinder is already on a higher power scale) then... yeesh.

Even worse: Tome of Battle was lots of fun, but never came close to challenging caster supremacy. Path of War's design team has been pretty explicit that they want to give mundane classes mastery over their areas of specialization. Stalkers who focus on stealth can actually be better at it than illusionists for once in the history of sneaking, you'll be horrified. :p (Teasing!)

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp PrimeJust, everybody... use restraint in your characters.

Yeah, I'm not trying to play Theoretical CharOp: the Unnecessary Implementation. I just like the toys.

I'm down for preliminary solo, so long as the prologue doesn't end up being its own trilogy. :p

Quote from: OyabunKyuubiit was Dreamscarred press but Paizo recently (like in the last few months) made it an officially recognized and approved splatbook for any Paizo sanctioned game.

This is amazing! Do you perchance have a link or a keyword for that? I'm having some trouble digging it up.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Rajah on January 10, 2015, 10:19:01 PM
Even worse: Tome of Battle was lots of fun, but never came close to challenging caster supremacy. Path of War's design team has been pretty explicit that they want to give mundane classes mastery over their areas of specialization. Stalkers who focus on stealth can actually be better at it than illusionists for once in the history of sneaking, you'll be horrified. :p (Teasing!)

I think it's always a tough thing because, from an ideal standpoint, magic > regular stuff. That's just how it is.
And when you start giving the regular stuff a means to combat magic (like, super kung fu or "I sneak better than divination"), it really changes the tone of things. Not that it's a BAD tone, mind you, but it starts to become a lot more mythical/anime/wuxia and sometimes you don't want that.

QuoteI'm down for preliminary solo, so long as the prologue doesn't end up being its own trilogy. :p

Don't worry, it won't.
But it *might* contain an outrageous river barrel sequence.