Tomb of Bondage [D&D 3.5]

Started by BigBuckBob, February 18, 2013, 11:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBuckBob

A well known tomb with a reputation for death has once again been the subject of rumors. A cult has taken to the halls and has been abducting young women from surrounding areas. So the call has been put out for heroes. Someone needs to seek out this cult. Someone needs to rescue these girls.Someone needs to venture into

The Tomb Of Horrors
[/size]

I had fun last time I ran this, so I want to play again.

I know a lot of people see 3.5 and ask 'why not pathfinder'. You feel free to run a pathfinder version yourself. I'm running 3.5. But feel free to run specific character concepts past me and I might include them.

You can use any books, but if not using core I need some way of accessing the information.

Special rules I will be using: Book of Erotic Fantasy, Libris Mortis and

http://adventure.arena.t15.org/index.php/Main_Page
A bondage adventure resource borrowed, with permission, from Talyn

----
Level 10 characters. 5d6 best three,reroll 1's.

Will be primarily bondage based, but it is still tomb of horrors, so death is possible. And it will be put into extreme. Make sure I know your hard offs for things you can't stand even seeing done to others.

Sex will also be there. I added the cultists to increase this possibility.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Siereis

Well...I simply can't resist jumping in on a rule based action adventure RP.  Count me in already..*wonders why all the good RPs seem to come in waves?*

Oh, and just to make sure, you will be DMing this right?

BigBuckBob

I will indeed be GMing.

Level 10 characters. 5d6 best three,reroll 1's.

Will be primarily bondage based, but it is still tomb of horrors, so death is possible. And it will be put into extreme. Make sure I know your hard offs for things you can't stand even seeing done to others.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Marie Reynolds

I would like to jump in this if you don't mind.

BigBuckBob

My general rule for male players is expect less sex and more horror, from the dm at least.

I often mistake you for female tho, so if you play female you might be an exception.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

AurelieCatena

I am interested too. In particular by the extreme side of it.

I'll have to be taught how to create a character though... Are you going to provide a character sheet template?

ShadowFox89

I am interested. Anything banned?

And I should warn that I've read Tomb of Horrors over several times, as I had planned to run it for Halloween at some point but never got a group going >.>

Just being honest, and I haven't read it since.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BigBuckBob

I've run it multiple times for the same people, so I have randomization plans.

Pus, someone that knows the game will probably be useful in keeping people describing situations in a useful way. Like the red path in the main hall.

Catena-  There are all kinds of resources for a d&d 3.5 character sheet. I like using http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Kunoichi

Hmm.  I certainly remember having fun with this game the last time you ran it. ^^ I'm definitely considering joining up again for this one.  Consider me tentatively interested.

Marie Reynolds

Cool, I will be playing a female.

hippyness

This does sound interesting but I haven't played 3.5 sense Pathfinder alpha...

I like to cross play, but would it round the game out more to have a male or two?
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Rhaegar14

I'm tentatively interested in playing, but I'll warn you that I'm a shameless power gamer (not that I believe in the Stormwind Fallacy). How many players were you looking for?
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Muse

* waves*  It sounds exciting.  Would you take another, "Cross dresser"? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Max

I am interested as well.  Would a male palying a female be okay.

And,  should warn, I have run Tomb of Horrors, but was a long time ago. 
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

BigBuckBob

As previously stated, male players should be prepared for more pain than pleasure.
That said, having a male character is might give the ladies something to focus on during rest periods.

I am open to accepting two characters from the four of you.

Cat, Kuno, Marie- Feel free to start some character sheets.

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Considering that it's the Tomb of Horrors, I suppose I should go with what my backup character idea was for the last game.  A nice Wizard, with a strong focus on Reserve Feats, who would use them to act as the party's main trapfinder.  Perhaps I could make her a haughty grey elf with a secret love of bondage...

Siereis

So when making a character, just use traditional 3.5 character creation rules?  *goes to work on her Paladin*

Kunoichi

Looks like it, though from what he's said in the first post, I think you might be able to get permission to use the Pathfinder version of the Paladin class, if you want.  Since the Pathfinder Paladin is generally considered to be a much more well-designed class than the 3.5 Paladin, it might be worth looking into.

Siereis

Can I get a character check on my character?  I am fairly certain it's built correctly but it's been a while since I did 3.5 rules.

http://3.roleplaychat.org/profile.php?user=Alice%20Ironsoul

Kunoichi

Nothing seems out of order on a cursory inspection.  I'm guessing you haven't spent all your starting gold yet?

Siereis

Not much at all...still looking for a good resource that has basic and magical items + costs.  Also...I take it we get something like 5000 gold?

Kunoichi

Standard starting gold for level 10 is 49,000 gp, actually.  As for a good resource, might I recommend d20srd.org

If you're talking about actual books to look in, the Magic Item Compendium is a pretty good magic item resource, as well.

Marie Reynolds

Well I think I am going to bring an Imagist Fey Enticer with the Fey Kissed template and not just  sure what race yet.

Rhaegar14

Hmm. I'm thinking of a Daring Outlaw, a Totem Rager, a Druid, or an archer Cleric. I'm waiting to see what other people bring to the party.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Well, so far, we've got Arcane and Divine casting, as well as a little melee muscle...  The Imagist (divine caster) is a spontaneous caster like a Favored Soul, though, so a proper Cleric or Druid could be good to have.  Someone extra on the front lines would be good, as well.

I've pretty much got trapfinding covered with my haughty grey elf Wizard lady, though. ^^

Edit: Oh, and since Marie is going to be playing an Imagist, I've got a question for BigBuckBob.  Will we be using the Appearance stat in this game?