Recruiting for Young Justice! Post Season 2

Started by LyraTigereyes, May 14, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

That's a good point.  I don't see anything wrong with us starting at the exact moment, or even a few seconds, before Wally's return.  It would be mid-fight.  Lots of action and a lot going on in general.  Would make for a fun scene.

A question about Zatanna - a lot of episodes don't have her in them, unless it is specifically magic related or she's there to counter an evil magic caster.  This is usually due to her being so powerful that she could defeat most anything in a matter of seconds.  How are we going to approach this in the game?  She would already be a full-fledged member of the Justice League, so acting as if she was inexperienced wouldn't work.  Please, don't take offense Loves, I'm just asking now, in the planning phase, so that we don't have to deal with it later on, after the game has started.

LyraTigereyes

We start In Media Res, with the fight already going on.

apygoos

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 16, 2014, 03:28:58 PM
Okay, so how's this for an opening event?

The PC's, including Nightwing up for a visit, are on the Watchtower when an alert breaks out. A temporal surge has been detected in Antarctica (I think that's where Wally left, going to re-watch Season 2 again soon). The team piles into the Super-Cycle, which has been shown to carry about this many before, and goes to investigate. When they arrive, they find the Light's junior team (Mammoth, Shimmer, Jinx, Gizmo, Psimon) already on the scene, being lead by a new figure: Red Hood. The fight starts up, Gizmo has a device set up to try and capture the energy from the surge, and that's what pulls Wally back from the Speed Force.
its a good notion but: if temporal stuff and speedforce is involved Id think youd want The Flash to tag along with Impulse on that mission. that way they could in a manner of speaking recreate that rift in the speedforce for Wally to return, along with some cool new look about himself.

so then once wally is back the concern is..if these young villains are not lead by the Light, who /is/ this Red Hood?

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 16, 2014, 03:49:38 PM
We start In Media Res, with the fight already going on.
If the fight is going on, I could see Nightwing or Robin being insta targets for this Red Hood guy, he seems angry and alot more well trained than most of their opponents in the past

LyraTigereyes

apygoos: No, they will still be part of The Light; Red Hood is just the newest member. Impulse can be busy on another mission with Barry; that's why I'm bringing Gizmo there so that there's a device that can pull Wally out, in absence of a speedster.

KnowThySire

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 16, 2014, 03:38:25 PM
I like the idea, but I would like for the game to start RIGHT when Wally gets pulled back.  Otherwise, whoever is playing Wally's going to sit around for, like, a month.

That's why I was going to try to figure out a way to have him get out on his own. I'd only be sitting around for a few posts. Maybe longer if I wanted to draw it out and make it really challenging. Didn't get to do any research last night, so if Wally needs outside help to get out, we'll have to go with Lyra's plot.

I'd prefer not to start with Wally already have returned. Gives people time to have their characters mourn and be all emo cause I know that's when all of you guys write your best. :P
There can only be one king.

apygoos

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 16, 2014, 04:00:27 PM
apygoos: No, they will still be part of The Light; Red Hood is just the newest member. Impulse can be busy on another mission with Barry; that's why I'm bringing Gizmo there so that there's a device that can pull Wally out, in absence of a speedster.
i severely doubt that Jason would join the light[under normal circumstances[. In fact, did Ras ever make it back to the lazarus pit after getting stabbed my Black Beetle? the only ones who escaped were Witchboy and Vandal

LyraTigereyes

Quote from: apygoos on May 16, 2014, 04:41:11 PM
i severely doubt that Jason would join the light[under normal circumstances[. In fact, did Ras ever make it back to the lazarus pit after getting stabbed my Black Beetle? the only ones who escaped were Witchboy and Vandal

R'as always escapes :)

And I think that jason would join The Light under the right sales pitch. Remember, Vandal's organized the Light as a means of ensuring human evolution and that the strong are the ones that survive, rather than the week being protected. Lethal force is acceptable to purge the weak, so jason can go all out on petty criminals and mobsters to 'clean up the streets'. Jason could see that not as 'protecting the weak', but leveling the playing field.

Also, there's always the possibility of Queen Bee mesmerizing him :)

apygoos

so i had to post these clips here, one comes before the other but the whole confrontation with the light is just so..yea

LyraTigereyes

Oh, I know the final fight is really intense. But, remember the two prime rules of comics:

1)The Villains always escape to return
2)No one ever really dies except for Uncle Ben and the Waynes

:)

Cold Heritage

It would probably be for the best if I did not have occasion to indulge in an angsty Superboy.

LyraTigereyes: Do you that it would be possible that Superboy has been receiving gene therapy on Mars during his time there? I was thinking of an end result of having it age Superboy into his mid-twenties and bring a commensurate increase in the abilities he does possess, and perhaps allow him Heat Vision, though not any of the other advanced Kryptonian abilities that his hybrid status deny him. I imagine that Superboy would still be the designated punching bag character, though.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 16, 2014, 03:11:39 AM
@CH: By the time the game starts, Connor will have been working with some of the other members of The Team for close to 5 years.  It seems awfully limiting to the RP and your character to toss everyone besides Wally and Dick into the "acquaintance" zone.  These are people he fights beside nearly everyday.  They trust him with their life and he trusts them with his, or at least, that's what I gathered.  I understand your take.  He didn't share much screen time with any of the other characters.  It just seems odd that after years he'd still consider them "acquaintances" and not friends.

Superboy would trust all of the team members with his life and to have his back in a battle, and he would put himself in harm's way for any of them, certainly. Even Lagoon Boy. Someone like Blue Beetle, I think, would probably approach friend territory out of the Season 2 characters. He might be more considerate of Batgirl and Robin, in the context of their relationship with Nightwing, but there does not seem to be canonical basis for anything stronger.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

LyraTigereyes

Cold Heritage: I think that the general increase could be possible, but the gene therapy wouldn't necessarily be needed. Kryptonians get stronger the longer they're exposed to yellow solar radiation, and Kon's been awake and about for 5 years now; I'm sure his strength would improve. Perhaps the solar suit and radiation exposure he had at Cadimus wasn't as effective as a natural source, like the difference between the sun and a UV lamp for tanning: both get the job done, but the natural source is slower and doesn't harm your body as much. With this explanation, the Heat Vision and X-Ray vision could develop too.

Cold Heritage

If memory serves, in the show Superboy would be forever sixteen physically and required Luthor's Shield patches to access more advanced abilities. It briefly came up that after the time skip that, physically, he was identical to when he emerged from the Cadmus pod. Since the Shields worked to suppress the human DNA in Superboy, it seemed the gene therapy would be an avenue to overcome his physiological stasis.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

LyraTigereyes

Well, if you want to do it that way, I certainly have no problem with it :) The improvements you're suggesting are quite reasonable :)

Loves

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 16, 2014, 03:48:38 PM

A question about Zatanna - a lot of episodes don't have her in them, unless it is specifically magic related or she's there to counter an evil magic caster.  This is usually due to her being so powerful that she could defeat most anything in a matter of seconds.  How are we going to approach this in the game?  She would already be a full-fledged member of the Justice League, so acting as if she was inexperienced wouldn't work.  Please, don't take offense Loves, I'm just asking now, in the planning phase, so that we don't have to deal with it later on, after the game has started.

I play her in another game. She has weaknesses.

Metahuman Powers:   Zatanna usually casts spells by speaking verbal commands backwards. Overuse of her magical powers can deplete them to the point that further use of them starts to put a considerable strain on her physical well-being. The only way to restore her waning powers is an extended period of rest. Her powers are tied to her self-confidence. Should she find herself emotionally and psychologically shattered, she could risk becoming powerless, until she was able to restore her lost confidence.

I'm going away this weekend.  I doubt I'll be on here chatting. best to work things out with me over PM.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

AribethAmkiir

I'm going to step away from this.  Good luck.

LyraTigereyes

Sorry to see you go, Ari :( But you're always welcome back if you change your mind.

Okay, I think we've got most of the big things hashed out. I'll put up the OOC thread and character sheet tomorrow and we can get the opening event going :)

Edit: We now have an OOC thread up and running, as well as the main action and social threads. Get your character sheets filled out and posted! :)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204191.0

VoluptuousVixen

Juggtacular