When Chickens Attack: A poor Attempt at communication.

Started by Whisper, May 16, 2005, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisper

Fear my poor attempt of getting to know people here on this site by making this thread.

I’m pretty knew to Elliquiy and am still getting the hangs of things ^_^.

So… ummm… er… whith lack of anything intelligent to say at moment I shall simply ask, “What kind of music do you all like.”

X_X.

--
Whisp.

P.S: I like to doodle, and enjoy drawing peoples original characters, and if I am feeling up to it. I might draw yours as long as it’s humanoid in form (Every time I try to draw a monster…it looks odd).

Lancis

They Might Be Giants, The Presidents of the United States, Green Day, Wierd Al Yankovich, The Temptations, ZZ Top, The Everly Brothers, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Genesis, and the list goes on and on and on lol I have a very ecclectic taste in music, can you tell? :)

Lancis
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Whisper

Quote from: lancis on May 16, 2005, 03:42:30 AM
They Might Be Giants, The Presidents of the United States, Green Day, Wierd Al Yankovich, The Temptations, ZZ Top, The Everly Brothers, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Genesis, and the list goes on and on and on lol I have a very ecclectic taste in music, can you tell? :)

Lancis
:o I like all of those as well. Especialy Zz top.
*Gives a cookie* O_O.

Spookie Monster

I'm glad to see we've got a lot of great musical taste on these boards. I'm a fan of Elvis, both Everly Brothers, The Temptations, Genesis, Green Day... and big fan of Buddy Holly.

By the way, since we talked a little about misheard lyrics in Whisp's intro post, and because all involved here agreed ZZ Top to be a cool band, I thought I should direct us to

amiright.com/misheard/artist/zztop.shtml

to have some fun with their "misheard" lyrics.

"'Cause ev'ry girl crazy 'bout a fat assed man"? :o

Anyway, I shy away from really answering this question myself for two reasons:

1) If I get too detailed, I run the risk of revealing my TRUE IDENTITY.

2) Making me mention a few bands I like is liable to then make me feel guilty for neglecting all the other great bands I didn't mention.

Therefore, I'm only going to say I particularly like 60's music. The Beatles are far and away my favorite band, so I can say that without hesitation. I also like classical music; I won't say I'm a "fan," but only because it sounds so tacky, like when people say, "Oh, yeah, I did Europe." I like Donavan and The Who and Bob Dylan; I like Pink Floyd and Dion and the Belmonts and Jelly Roll Morton; I like Warren Zevon and The Police and R.E.M. and Beck and Radiohead and U2 and...

Wait - is that the Bat Signal? I've got to go!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Lancis

I like all of those as well. Especialy Zz top.
*Gives a cookie* O_O.

WOO HOO! cookies!  thanks Whisper!

Shouldnt those be for Spel tho? lol *eats it anyway*

Oh I almost forgot:

Don McLean, Tom Lehrer, America, The Eagles, and oh so many more :)

I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Moridin

I guess I will chime in here:

Disturbed, Slipknot, Ozzy Osbourne, old Metallica (Up to the Black album), Guns n' Roses, Led Zepplin, Unloco, Aerosmith, Linkin Park, Evanescence...that's what I can think of off the top of my head.
Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Lirliel

*Quirks eyebrow* Second Evanescence fan... this is getting strange :P

Well here's my bandlist:
Evanescence, Seether, Cradle of Filth, Within Temptation, Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom, Slipknot, Slayer, Metallica, Black Sabbath (Dad's fault), Godsmack, Nightwish, Tröllhammer etc.

As you can see mostly Power/Black and Gothic metal, in tune with the darker side of life! \m/
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Moridin

I loved Evanescence as soon as I heard them.  Amy Lee's voice is incredible, and hooked me right away.
Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Lirliel

Well for me its not really Amy's voice, just the whole chemistry of the band. It just works some way, would have made a band Avie but well that'd been far to large.

PS:
Question to all of you: Which musicstyle do you completly not agree with? (Oh and this is not ment as bashing, just want to see what everybody's taste of different flavours of music is)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Whisper

I think I love you all. So far I like every music group mentioned here. X_X... Amazingly. I grew up on music from the late 50's early 60's thanks to my dad, so I love alot of those older groups.

Lately I have realy been into Foriegn stuff, such as

E Nomine
L'ame Immortelle
In Extremo
Nightwish
Leave's Eyes
Oomph
Stahl Hammer
Lacuna Coil
and
Luna Pop <--- My favorit Italian group. Bwahahaha.

Lirliel

EEK! How could I forget Lacuna Coil, *Runs to list and scribbles it on* Stupid stupid stupid *Does the I'm now stupid dance*

Whisper

Quote from: Lirliel on May 17, 2005, 02:15:31 PM
EEK! How could I forget Lacuna Coil, *Runs to list and scribbles it on* Stupid stupid stupid *Does the I'm now stupid dance*
Lacuna coil Rules. My Favorite song is Comalies.

Lirliel

Indeed Coil rules, anyone here also like Within Temptation just plugging my country's only good band (Well Epica's a good second)

Whisper

Quote from: Lirliel on May 17, 2005, 02:19:00 PM
Indeed Coil rules, anyone here also like Within Temptation just plugging my country's only good band (Well Epica's a good second)

Stand my ground is one of my all time favorite songs, along with Ice Queen. So yeah, I love them. Forgot to add them to my list X_X

Edit: I also like Dark Wings. I'm currently learning to play it X_X.

Whisper

Lyria

Boy, where do I start....

Portishead
Switchblade Kittens
Massive Attack
Tricky
The Vandals
Social Distortion
Tonic
Cowboy Junkies
Rob Zombie
White Stripes
The Stills
Tonic
The Strokes
Rise Against
Spoon
Tresspassers William
Snake River Conspiracy
Slick Shoes

I guess that'll do for now  ;)
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Stumpy

by no means an exhaustive list but what the hell

REd hot chilli peppers
Sex pistols
the clash
the Ramones detecting a theme yet?

David bowie
Hawkwind
Elvis Hitler
Lords of Acid
Queen
Happy mondays
Korn
New order
Scissor sisters
Portishead
Scooter

asking me again next month and teh list will probably change LOL

Whisper

Quote from: Stumpy on May 18, 2005, 01:53:09 AM
by no means an exhaustive list but what the hell

REd hot chilli peppers
Sex pistols
the clash
the Ramones detecting a theme yet?

David bowie
Hawkwind
Elvis Hitler
Lords of Acid
Queen
Happy mondays
Korn
New order
Scissor sisters
Portishead
Scooter

asking me again next month and teh list will probably change LOL

I like them all, but you get brownie points for Bowie  :P : (Huge Bowie Fan)

Stumpy

unfortunateli show my age by not liking much after lets dance, although his concept album about the detective, was quite good, even if i'm too lazy to go dig it out and find the title nathan something or other