Looking for players (D&D 3.5)

Started by Sabriel, October 31, 2010, 12:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabriel

Hello all :)

First id like like to start out by outlining what I think is the most important thing, I am looking for another group of players and a storyteller who are invested in telling a story and enjoying the game together. Roleplaying to me is all about having fun and enjoying a game and story together, so it is very important to me that everyone be on the same page and be mature and committed to having fun with the game and each other. 

What I am looking to find/create is another group of players and a storyteller who can work together to create an interesting story/adventure etc. This is not going to be about who can make the weirdest/best/coolest/silliest character or class combo or anything like that, this will focus on character relations between the group and story.

I am not going to really go into any ideas here because really I would rather find a group of like minded people and a storyteller who wishes to do such before throwing out ideas. I do have many ideas that I can suggest but I also believe as a group It may be better to decide on something together as a whole. 

I am open to doing many sorts of system games from 2nd D&D, 3.5 D&D, Pathfinder, D20 Modern,    Urban Arcana, Stargate D20, Engel,Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Old World of Darkness (Including Dark ages and such settings) and Old Exalted. Those are the ones I am most familiar with or know at least enough about to join in and not feel like a lemon. 

Thanks for reading if your interested please feel free to pm me or reply here, you can also pm me to ask any questions or inquire about anything too if you like.

Kate

Sabriel

Id love to have you be a player too Kate, or anyone else who is a member of our SD group for that matter :P

It is that sort of group and feel I am really looking to capture, and well its how I know it is possible  :-) 

Kate

I think it is. Many writers here like developing characters more than being the post powerful person in a story.

It does make it more interesting and vivid when its believable.

Sabriel

It does at that and you are very good at vivid and believable Ive said it before and ill say it again I do love your style, it certainly captivates me.  ;D

bigwad73

I'd be interested in any of the D20-ish things.  And, I like character development...  :)
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Sabriel

Neat seams there is a theme developing then had someone express an interest if it is 3.5 D&D or Pathfinder, so that's looking like a popular option.

Hunter

grovercjuk

I would be interested in playing in a 3.5 D&D if there is still a slot.

Sabriel

Hello everyone

I have a question for everyone who has responded thus far.

As there seams to be a few who are interested in doing something d20 and there has been some mention of 3.5 D&D I thought it would be worthwhile asking if this is something that would appeal to everyone ?

Also If everyone who has posted so far is still on board that gives us a group of six players which I think is more than enough to start a group, as soon as we find a storyteller of course  :P

Please let me/us know if your still interested and on board :)

Not to say we can't accept other players too of course but perhaps we should consider what sort of themed setting we would like to do and start throwing some ideas around to see what everyone would like.

Thank you all

Kate

Hunter

grovercjuk

Keelan

As I've said via PM, I'm on board for D&D 3.5

Now, as I've also mentioned, my character I'm considering is a Half-Giant with the Half-Minotaur template (planned on making her pretty though, and not covered in fur, though I'm damn well keeping the horns), so I'd hope we play something of mid-to-high level so the LA doesn't kick my ass (it's LA +2 btw).  Class-wise, I'm thinking either Barbarian, Ranger, or maybe even a Cleric or Monk for the shits and giggles of it.  I'm also considering a few of the substitution levels and alternate features of the aforementioned too.  I had originally planned on her being a futanari (meaning she's a woman with a penis and balls, but still otherwise physically a female, for those who did not know the term), but if anyone has a serious problem with it... let me know and I'll probably change it.  This is just to let you know the character, not for the sake of a 'perfect party' (this does not look to be that sort of game) but mostly so you know what I'd be working with physically, since she'd be both quite large (a Large creature), muscular, and originally a futanari, all things I know some people do not find appealing, hence the forewarning if you will.

Now, allow me to open up discussion on the topic of themes and plotlines, though let me start by saying that I am looking at this as being not your usual D&D game, in that we aren't planning to min-max things and instead are just trying to have fun.  My first idea is to explore a massive metropolis, which believe you me is quite fun to do, even if it is 'just' a city-based game.  Something like Sharn in Eberron or Waterdeep in Forgotten Realms is what I'm talking, where it would be easy to find a good mixture of work, relaxation, entertainment and 'entertainment'.  We could all be a group of friends or, possibly, an adventuring group looking for a bit longer a stay, or possibly trying to settle down after quite some time traveling and gaining riches on their adventures.  Both would be interesting and feasible for such a setting.

Another idea would be to explore some of the alternate planes, again as in Forgotten Realms where there are a number of planes for the various gods and goddesses.  It might be fun constantly plane-hopping, though would likely need to be a higher level game so that a wizard/sorcerer could planeshift us to our next destination for exploration.  Best of all, the planes (best I can tell) don't really have a strict layout, so it is essentially a pre-flavored custom setting that the DM could throw anything that fits into.  I'd be looking forward to visiting Sune's and Sharess' realms, if we indeed use the Forgotten Realms setting, though I'm fine with custom as well.

I'll probably think of a few later, but my tastes for other suggestions tend to lean away from the dark/gritty, as I don't find them quite as 'fun' as the more upbeat sorts of games.  I'd also be preferring a game not focused on 'gaining xp, uber loot, and combat,' since the constant 'game mechanics' tend to detract from the interaction and storyline.  This is, after all, supposed to be a game focused on interaction and fun, not on mechanics.  I will also add that I like romance in any game I play, so if anyone would be interested in my gal (mind you, she'd be interested in other women as well), then that would be absolutely wonderful!  As for rating, I'm fine with anything up to NC, though again a more lightweight setting so I don't expect there would be much NC going on to our characters (now by may be a different story depending on how things end up, but again not that often or extreme I'd imagine)

Sabriel

Neat it looks like we are all pretty much agreed on that D&D 3.5 is the way to go then :)

QuoteAnother idea would be to explore some of the alternate planes

This makes me think of a sort spin on a story Ive always thought would be interesting to explore, a sort of group of adventurers who travel about among the planes and perhaps time.  Ive always thought it might be amusing to do a sort of "Time Bandits" type group made up of a rag tag bunch of creatures who have got there hands on some magical item/artifact and been thrown into adventures and situations because of it, as well as the group growing as they picked up various different tag alongs on the way. 

I think one the great things about this idea is that it would allow everybody to be quite free in there choice of characters, they could all be from different places but still all united by a similar thing. Maybe there all exiles or joined the group of "travelers" for adventure or to get away from somthing, maybe they just got dragged along by mistake.  I think it makes a good sort of plot hook thing too because it almost limitless in its possiblities of where it could go story wise. 

It is a bit of a strange idea :P

Hunter

Depending on the campaign level, I may either dig out Gilgamesh (half dragon/half troll paladin, LA +8 btw) or Gaven (grey elven rogue/wizard).  We'll see, though.

Sabriel

I would personally rather not see loads of crossbreed/weird races, specially not ones that contain Dragon/Fiend/Celestial etc its  very old and tiresome.

grovercjuk

Looking at the previous posts maybe we could start in a large city and then stumble/get/steal an item that allows us to plane hop?
         And as we are putting in character concepts then. sadly a vanilla human but hopefully an enjoyable character.

Character Name        : Thersa Dlan AKA Tess
Character Race        : Human
Character Class       : Rogue
Character Alignment   : Neutral Good
Appearance            :
             Tess is around 5 feet 2 inches with flowing blonde hair that she normally has in a ponytail, sea green eyes and a very attractive face that has such an innocent expression. She is dressed in a dark blue tunic and trousers, the tunic doing little to hide her breasts as it is so tight, or the slim figure she has.  Just how her  clothing fits she seems to be unaware off, or does she?

She has a shortsword strapped to her waist and a backpack from which hangs a crossbow otherwise she seems to carry little to distinguish her.

Character Concept:
         Tess freely admits that unlike many of her fellow rouges she missed out on the poverty, the drunken parents, the dead parents and all that they used to explain why they stole. She came from well off parents, had plenty of money and a good education. Basically she just liked to steal and if a man was dumb enough to fall for her looks and mistook her hands on his body for lust rather than searching out his valuables then that was his tough luck.

Although she had this thing, this thing that she hated in herself, she just could not bring herself to steal from the poor. Of course she would rather die than admit she had a good side, instead she justified it on the grounds that what was the point in stealing a poor mans purse full of copper when a rich mans was full of gold. Still it was troubling but she was sure she would grow out of it.

Short Background:

Tess is the youngest daughter of Lord Dlan of North Wood Manor a respectable middle ranking noble family. Her brothers have done the family well, the eldest is showing great skill in managing the family estates, the younger is now A knight of The Rose and serving the cause of good well indeed.

Whilst she is well aware of what is intended for her, a good marriage. And whilst her girlfriends chatter on endlessly about this lord or that and who their family will marry Tess's thoughts are elsewhere. Moving quietly around their houses at night, items vanishing lead to more than one servant being dismissed for suspected theft whilst Tess rides home in her carriage the loot safety stashed in her bags.

But like all things her life is coming to and end, the heir to the Lordship of Merton has been selected as her prospective husband. Leaving Tess with the choice of marriage to a man who whilst rich has the facial appearance of a pig or leaving quietly in the night and heading for a life on the road.

Sabriel

OK ill throw a concept I have been wanting to play with recently, I can't really be sure this one would be best because until I know for sure the setting and such Id find it hard to settle on something, as that usually influences my decision at least a bit.

Character Name: Tonica Cannith
Character Race:  Human
Character Class: Artificer
Character Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Appearance: Tonica is 5ft 7 inches with auburn hair and bright green emerald eyes she has a warm welcoming almost noble face and full pert lips that give her a flirty appeal. Her hair is usually worn in braids and bunches and kept from falling in front or obscuring her face. She dresses for the occasion but is usually found  wearing the garb of her professions or decked out like she is ready for adventure, It is not uncommon for her to be seen with unusual implements or accessories at hand.

Character Concept:  Tonica is a noble of House Cannith and has developed the mark of her house, her parents had hoped to make a noble woman out of her but alas Tonica has always seamed more interested in work and adventure than politics and status.  Ironically however Tonica's spirit and dedication seams to be garnering her a good and well respectable reputation regardless of her common working girl outlook. Tonica 's trade as a craftswoman is one of her primary pursuits although she also spends a lot of her time working with and repairing warforged, she is well known for her friendly and motherly nature towards them and any constructs. When she is not busy in the workshops or forges or assisting warforged Tonica is working as a siege engineer, or accompanying warforged/constructs on missions for her house or other houses and occasionally as a mercenary for hire.     

Tonica is actually a character concept I have been wanting to try for awhile although her idea does sort of come with a extra character really, part of my idea for her is that she would have a warforged companion friend.  Now when I say this I don't mean she has her own personal bodyguard or something I mean she has an acquaintance who would be another player character not controlled by me or the Storyteller.  Of late there has been a bit of an awkward relationship developing between the two friends although Tonica is completely unaware of it, the awkwardness is purely in the fact that her warforged friend has got the idea into its head that there is something between the pair.  Obviously the fun here in there relationship is that Tonica is not all that aware at present of the situation and the warforged is looking to solve the problem and reveal and enhance the relationship. It might decide that it has to become something more than it is or gain a “gender” which might appeal more to Tonica or make her regard it as a possible partner. This is not at all motivated by purely sexual urges (pretty sure warforged don't have them :P), but the warforged might think that this is one of the things it needs to emulate in order to capture her heart truly. In relation to the whole plane jumping around idea I think this element could easily work with it, in that Tonica could be somewhat aware of her friends “quest” although oblivious to why. For example she might help the warforged try gain some sense of gender identity but not really ask why or relate it to anything to do with her.  Anyway that is my rather strange little idea.

grovercjuk

So you need a partner to play your character if I am reading your concept correctly? It is an interesting concept though, a hidden tension that one is unaware off, nice.   

So any ideas as to why our merry bunch are together? An idea would be that we are hired to obtain X and that X is what sends us off adventuring?

Sabriel

Well I don't actually need a partner to play her no :P I can easily do it without that bit and even create an entirely different character.

I mean she is a character without that part of her background, I just thought it could be something interesting to explore and it fits with her sort of personality and concept.   

I think if we was going with the planer hopping thing we could easily come up with a reason to be together, I think that is also a bit different from the usual being hired or sent off to do something.  That does allow everyone to sort of even come from different settings too, and allows for really varied reasons for being a part of the group.

An idea I had on that was that a few of use would of perhaps originally obtained the item, one the reasons I choose my Artificer concept was because of this, because she would make a good scapegoat to fool around with such a device.  So anyone who wanted to be a part of the original group would likely have to be from Ebberon, unless they perhaps ended up in Ebberon because of the device but it's original operator died or for some reason was lost in transport leaving anyone else brought along trapped there.  So other members could then have been perhaps picked up along the way either by mistake and then merged into the group or willingly joined up.

Muse

Do you have room for another, Sabriel? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sabriel

I am open to a bigger group yes although really Id say its what the group as a whole would prefer, we also have yet to find ourselves a storyteller whom id imagine would be the most likely single person to decide the best size for the group.

grovercjuk

What are you looking for in a storyteller?
As in someone who has a plot already worked out or one that will start off the group and then go wiht the flow of the group?

Sabriel

I personally I am just looking for someone who would like to tell the story and run things, I don't mind if they already have a plan in mind or if they go with the flow of the group. 

I think the main thing I would be looking for is common sense and a sense of respect for the story, which is pretty much what I look for in everyone else anyway.   

grovercjuk

Well if we cannot find one then I am willing to be the storyteller, I think the concept sounds both interesting and fun and would not like to see it fail for lack of a storyteller.

Kate

cool

i find with storytelling that if you feel you should post but don't really have inspiration - to post pics of scenes and they often do it sometimes it writes itself that way

Sabriel

Neat that is very kind of you Grovercjuk  :-)

grovercjuk

Ok so ideas on how we are going to do this. Is the group together at the start or are we going to use Sabriel's character Tonica as a magnet.  Pulling the other characters to her as she attempts to control her new toy and bounces around the city/plane/planet?
Any other ideas are most welcome.

Hunter

That sounds fine to me.  I'll work Gilgamesh up here when I feel unlazy enough.

Kate

its a lot easier sort of knowing each other at the start - introductions / getting to know each other can get out of hand

Sabriel

I would personally rather not see loads of crossbreed/weird races, specially not ones that contain Dragon/Fiend/Celestial etc its  very old and tiresome.

When I said this BTW I did mean it, I will loose complete interest in this if I see anything like this because quite frankly that is the very thing I am looking to escape and avoid.  I have nothing against people playing things like that but I am tired of seeing it in player characters over and over again. 

So can we please keep the crossbreed races at a limit ? Keelan's asked me before and was the first to apply with such a concept so I think she should be the only crossbreed in the group (other than maybe half orcs, Half elves etc).  It think it would be sensible to perhaps limit templates to a minimum of 1 (I.E you can't make something with more than one template) also or just disregard them totally when creating characters, there are plenty of interesting things to play without messing around with templates.

Hunter

That's fine.   Good luck then as I'm out.

grovercjuk

OK, then here is an idea.
                 The name over the door was plain and simple, HARRYS was all it said and the interior was plain and simple. Chairs, tables, a bar, a roaring fire and plain wholesome food along with good ale. But that was the way Harry liked it, plain and simple because his past life had been way too complicated.

Not that Harry talked much about it, did some adventuring was all he would say. But now every adventurer knew that Harrys was the place to go when you wanted peace and quiet, to catch up with friends or to met that mysterious stranger that just might know all about some mother load.

So the characters could know each other from hanging around Harrys?

Sabriel

Can HARRY's be an planer bar floating in some strange planer oblivion that sucks in random people and traps them there until they find some way or medium of escape ?

Ideally HARRY's would be run by a strange enigmatic being who appears much less than it really is,  a strange Gnome or a Kobold or something equally overlooked and underestimated who perhaps keeps an Illithid barmaid. Maybe just the Illithid running the place hehe. Content to run a tavern in the middle of oblivion which sucks in customers from all over the place.

HARRY's could then be where the player characters all meet and perhaps even there base of operations, I mean a planer tavern that's hard to get into or out of is the perfect hideout if you have the means to escape it :P

Maybe the group might even take jobs off HARRY now and then in return for being allowed to come back, he might not like customers leaving it damages profits ::)

grovercjuk

That works for me. maybe HARRYS  just appears, one day you walk down an alley and there is just walls, the next day there is the door with the name over it. Those that are curious enter it but do not leave and the next day all there is in the alley is just the plain old walls?
                             Why he does this moving the tavern through the planes he never answers  and why is it that occasionally people go to the toilet/ bedroom and are never seen again. Just what happens to them? And what does he really think of you having the ability to leave, that he never lets on but oddly enough he seems to hold the tavern in place until you return.

Maybe he likes you , maybe it amuses him, maybe he is like a cat playing with a mouse, who knows what is behind that smile.

Sabriel

Kate

cool.

Then we can start when possible.

All i am a domme in real life and the idea of being a herm is the strongest appeal i have in role plays.
and is the character i would like to play for this one, I know its not everyones taste, but if it is ok say so and I will post a candidate character.

Sabriel

Probably don't need to say this but just to clarify I have no problem with it.

grovercjuk

Sabriel

Sabriel

Should I perhaps change the subject of the post now, if your going to be the ST Grovercjuk ?

grovercjuk

Sabriel

TastyBacon

I am looking to get into a D&D 3.5 game, and I read this thread over a bit, but I'm still a bit confused, what is the setting for the game?  If someone could just clarify that for me I would love to join your group if there's room.

bigwad73

Actually, I'd like a recap of where we ended up, too.  I'm funny that way... ;D
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Karasu

Hey wow 3.5!

You got room for another player?
Removed, due to vandalism.

grovercjuk

The basic premises that I think we have come to is this.
         HARRYS is your typical tavern, a bar, table and chairs, roaring fire, bar and a amiable gnome host named Harry. But something is a tad odd, you do not remember the bar being there as if it had always been there. And when you leave you are no longer in the city, country or even plane that you where when you entered.

That if it is you actually do leave, some are selected that they can come and go others go to the toilet, rent a room and just vanish. A group of you has realised that this allows you to adventure in many strange places and possibly obtain wealth.

Of course there are the slight thoughts in your mind like. Just what is HARRYS that it moves around so easily, who or what is Harry himself and of course the big question, just what doe he gain from being your transport? Then again you might not actually want to know.

That is the general framework, but the main thing I believe I am right in saying is that we are looking for players who are into character development. Not so much as in another level another 10 hit points, but one that the character expands, becomes a living person rather than a collection of statistics.

And yes we are still looking for players so if you are interested please drop in a character concept. But please also read the thread as we are not looking for certain types of characters.

Karasu

sounds interesting I'm going to have to actually go borrow my RL GM's 3.5 book. as I've played pathfinder, 2nd ed, 4th ed.. but not 3.5 and im starting to suspect there''s things I need to look up and research.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Kate

ok can the storyteller declare staring gold - level and point us to online resorces that are approved please.

TastyBacon

Alright, sounds wonky enough to catch my interest :P haha

I was thinking of going with a druid, not crazy half breed combination things, except maybe half-elf, depending on how he would be built, but even that is unlikely.

I cannot say for sure how he will be built, it would be easier to wait until I know the rest of the party to decide what we would need.  I would like to build him as a Druid/Barbarian that essentially uses spells to put all sorts of crazy effects on his weapon and buff himself and then go rage on things.

Either that or have him be a grappler focused character using spells and wildshape to increase his grappling.  Or just have him go pure spellcasting, which I can build either a buff focuse or damage focus.  Pretty much I can make him focus on just about anything, which is one of the reasons I love the druid class.

That's the build combat-wise.  Character wise I have a couple different ideas mulling around, though they are all fairly straightforward and simple, I prefer to have my characters develop during the course of play rather than have most everything already set pretty firm due to an intricate backstory.  But I do love story driven games, for me D&D is more about the story and the RPing than the dungeon crawl, level grinding monster mash some games focus on.

bigwad73

Has anyone laid out what they actually want to play? Class, race, gender, etc.?

Sabriel

Yeah a few of us have.

Here is part of mine bellow, although I am quite happy to change to a different character if it would fit the group better it sound like the premise of the story has changed a bit anyway.

QuoteCharacter Name: Tonica Cannith
Character Race:  Human
Character Class: Artificer
Character Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Appearance: Tonica is 5ft 7 inches with auburn hair and bright green emerald eyes she has a warm welcoming almost noble face and full pert lips that give her a flirty appeal. Her hair is usually worn in braids and bunches and kept from falling in front or obscuring her face. She dresses for the occasion but is usually found  wearing the garb of her professions or decked out like she is ready for adventure, It is not uncommon for her to be seen with unusual implements or accessories at hand.

Character Concept:  Tonica is a noble of House Cannith and has developed the mark of her house, her parents had hoped to make a noble woman out of her but alas Tonica has always seamed more interested in work and adventure than politics and status.  Ironically however Tonica's spirit and dedication seams to be garnering her a good and well respectable reputation regardless of her common working girl outlook. Tonica 's trade as a craftswoman is one of her primary pursuits although she also spends a lot of her time working with and repairing warforged, she is well known for her friendly and motherly nature towards them and any constructs. When she is not busy in the workshops or forges or assisting warforged Tonica is working as a siege engineer, or accompanying warforged/constructs on missions for her house or other houses and occasionally as a mercenary for hire.     

grovercjuk

A handy one for the basics is
http://www.d20srd.org/

Starting level is 3rd and you can assume that by now you have the basic equipment you need as well as the usual adventuring equipment.  As you have had some adventuring your weapons and armour will be masterwork.
                    As well you can pick items up to 1000gp from the following lists.

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/magicItems.htm

Hit points are the maximum for level 3, so you can take a few knocks.

TastyBacon

What about stats?  Roll or point buy?  If point buy, how much, and if roll, are we doing it somewhere to be able to confirm it or what?

bigwad73

I was thinking of playing a human male Wizard with one level of cleric (Wiz, Wiz, Cleric).  He's a Mystra worshipper, and he's from Faerun, at least originally.  He's tall and thin, with a fair completion and reddish-brown hair.  He's calm and cool, and very intelligent, but likes to joke around and make puns.

His background includes an education at Waterdeep, his home town, and then a recent stint of adventuring that left him with the others.

(Just a rough idea, but you get the picture, I hope.)

grovercjuk

Point buy 32 which should give reasonable stats.

NicciKotor

Is this still open? Always up for more naughty 3.5.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kate

i like role playing with a structured rule set however i find making characters annoying
would any be willing to create a character for me and i just fill in bio / add a photo ?

im happy to go whatever class the party needs

Senti

Grover ...sweetie...you know Storm is always availble to 'help' people. If there is room she can join in.  he he he.

she is only human :)

tuckers02

It looks like your still looking for players.  I'd be interested in playing a female human healer if no one else has a problem with that.  This will be my second game on elliquiy and only the first non-freeform game so I might need help until I learn the rtj structure of this site, but I'm experienced in PbMB and DnD 3.5.  Please let me know how to get started if you're willing to accept me.

grovercjuk

OK lets sort out the players and what classes we have in the group.
So everyone please post what class they intend to play, thanks.

tuckers02

If you will allow me, I'd like to play a Healer (Miniature's Handbook).  If it's just PHB classes only, I'll just play a Cleric with the Healing domain.

Senti

Storm is a rogue/fighter....oh yeah and a horrible drunk.

NicciKotor

I can do a elf sorceress no problem. I feel like making things explode lately. Explosions are always naughty.

bigwad73

Again, just to be clear, a human male Wiz 2/Cleric 1.

Kate

NicciKotor good for you - everone does sneaking charm spells and the like

something REALLY satisfying about a witch going "take that" and its blatant like a lightningbolt of fireball in the chest.

It has a charm about it that subtlety doesnt manage :)

TastyBacon

Male druid, unsure on the race yet, but I will be building him as a heavy melee character

NicciKotor

Have we found a DM for this game yet? That would be rather important aspect for this thing to work.

Muse

*peaks in too see if there is still room* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TastyBacon

Yes there is, grovercjuk is the DM.  They've already outlined things needed for character creation and the setting in this thread.  I don't know how many players we already have/are going to be allowed though.

NicciKotor

AH ok, I see now. Gonna work on this later tonight then.

Sabriel

OK I have made up a character ^.^

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=7811

Character Name: Crystal
Character Race: Elan
Character Class: Psion
Character Alignment: Neutral
Appearance: Crystal is 4ft 7 inches with fiery red hair and bright green emerald eyes and pale complextion she has a  distant look as if always considering other things and an alluring appeal. Her hair is worn long and free and often falls in wispy strands about her face and shoulders. She dresses for the occasion but is usually found wearing a set of studded formfitting leather or decked out in casual clothing, It is not uncommon for her to be seen with worn jewellery.

Character Concept: Crystal as she is known is enigmatic figure who is a mystery even to herself perhaps more so than she is to others, Crystal does not know who she is or how exactly she came to be, she was found under mysterious circumstances wandering the streets of Palanthas living on the streets confused and addled.  She was eventually picked up and taken in by a kindly white robes Wizard who was intrigued by the girls ability to survive seemingly healthy upon the streets without any clear understanding of how to do such. He put her up in rooms and tried to help her recover some of her memories and discover just who she was although no progress ever seamed to be made, under his care however he did discover she had some certain knowledge and skills which she seamed to recall. A keen interest for sculpting and gemcutting crystals seemingly a favourite she begun to ply a trade as a sculptor and gem cutter with the Wizards support.  The Wizard was starting to make some progress with Crystal as she had become affectionately known, the fault of one of the Wizards old friends a Kender whom Crystal could not quite fathom or understand but for some reason found immensely likeable.  It was not long before her Kender friend got Crystal into trouble however after convincing her to go with him to visit this amazing new tavern that he had discovered, Crystal eventually gave in and went along with her friend to see this new establishment under the premise proposed by the Kender that there might be some work or even buyers for her wares there. Crystal entered the tavern with the Kender but as per usual in any such environment he was of on his own leaving her to find her own way, she made herself comfortable in a corner out of the way deciding to just wait out her Kender's friends patience for the place. It was not long before   he had caused a stir and was be cased around the bar and making for the exit, Crystal made to leave herself but found her mind begin to cloud and darken as she slipped into a deep slumber.  She awoke the next day with little memory of the previous events and begun her day behind the bar in the tavern as barmaid just as she had been doing for years before at least that was how she remembered it at least.  Crystal now believes she was taken in by the owners of the tavern that she was an orphan child and has worked in the tavern for years she knows not her true origins or how she truly came to master her powers as a Psion shaper.  Her main goals are to discover more about herself and learn the gaps in he memory and how she came to be where she is today, she has a slightly detached view of things at times and tends to take a distant view of things which aren't related to her main focus in life.

Senti

I shall get Storm up soon.

Be warned she is abusive, drunk  and in general unpleasent....just what everyone wants in the party.

Sabriel

Senti

BrokenMirror

Are you looking for another player?  I can play male or female characters.

NicciKotor

Feyhunwurijn Skyflyer, Sun Elf Wizardess Level 3

Ability scores:
12-14-10-18-10-14
AC:12
HP: 12
touch ac: 13
Flat AC: 10
Saves: 2/4/6
Initiative - +2
BAB: +1
Grapple: +2
Speed: 30 feet
Feats: Eschew materials, iron will, scribe scroll
Skills:
Concentration: +8
Know Arcane: +10
Know engineering, geology, religion, planes: +4
Listen: +2
Spell craft: +12
Spot: +2
Search: +4

Items:
2700gp

quaterstaff
+1 composite MW shortbow - 480 gp - 5lb
40 arrows - 2gp
Backpack - 2gp - 2 lb
bedroll - 1sp - 5
blanket - 5sp - 3
candle - 1 cp
ten flask - 10 sp
manacles,master work - 50 gp - 2
mirror - 10 gp - .5lb
ink - 8 gp
paper - 12 sp 4 sheets
rope, silk - 10 gp- 5
soap - 5 gp - 1 lb
waster skin - 1 gp - 1 lb
spellbook - 15 gp - 3 lb
tent - 5 gp - 10 lb
443 gp - 28 sp - 1 cp
anklet of translocation - 1400 gp
Cloak of resistence - 1000 gp

607 gp left

43 lb total
Languages: Common, Elven, draconic, dwarfish, goblin
Special abilities: Immunity to sleep and detect secret doors.
Spells:
Spell list:
0: ray of frost, mage hand, light, detect
magic, detect magic
1: magic missile, mage
armor, unseen servant, magic missile
2: scorching ray, invisibility, melf's acid
arrow.

Who knew that getting together and dating with a human boy would make her parents so annoyed? Well that is just something that was highly unacceptable to her loving and demanding parents. Wanting her to get well under way with her wizardry studies and to do some off shore training with some human colleges.

After much yelling and screaming, with the occasional threats, the idea of breaking free from her parents became such a good idea. Maybe after seeing the world for a few decades, maybe a century, would help lessen the leash they had put on their poor misguided daughter. Breaking off with her boy friend since apparently he is a coward, not wanting to step out of the safety of the wizards school.

Life is too short to just sit around reading books. Plenty of interesting places to go and get pampered at. The life of a leisurely tour of the realms is in order!

tuckers02

Name: Azderal Karach
Race: Human
Class and Level: Healer 3
Alignment: Neutral Good

Str: 8, Dex: 12, Con: 14,
Int: 10, Wis: 16, Cha: 16,

HP: 30,  AC: 16, Init: +1
Fort: +5, Ref: +2, Will: +6

Attack: Touch +0, Ray +2
Damage: Spell Effect

Skills: Concentraction +8, Deplomacy +6, Heal +12, Knowledge (Religion) +1, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +1, Survival +9
Feats: Scribe Scroll, Augment Healing, Skill Focus (Heal), Mitigate Suffering
Special Abilities: Healing Hands, Cleanse Paralysis

Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x4, Light
1- Cure Light Wounds x4, Sanctuary
2- Cure Moderate Wounds x3, Lesser Restoration
* = Used

Protection Items:
Dragonhide Chain Shirt
Light Wooden Shield

Gear:
Backpack
Belt Pouch
Trail Rations x10
Waterskin
Bedroll
Flint and Steal
Torch x10
Wooden Holy Symbol
Spell Component Pouch

Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50)
Scroll of Cure Light Wounds x2
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x3
(I'll try to keep this as PG-13 as I can by not going into any details :-\ )

Azderal was the typical fun-loving child growing up.  She loved to play in the sun with her friends and didn't cause too much trouble for her parents.  She was all set to follow in her mother's footsteps as a priestess until her life got turned upside down.  When she was nine, Az was out playing hide and seek with her friends.  She found a hiding place in a dark ally.  Unfortunately for her, a slave trader was conducting business in the same ally and saw where she hid.  His business now done, he sneaked up behind her and grabbed her, covering her mouth she she could scream.  She was no match for him and he carried him off to his ship.

After three days of being bound and gagged with other slaves in the belly of the ship, she was hauled out and taken to the black market slave auction.  Being a little girl, she was sold pretty cheap to a man that had nothing but ill intentions for her.  For the next eight years Az lived through hell at the hands of this madman.  He enjoyed hearing her screams of pain throughout the day only to heal her up after a good nights sleep and start again with whatever friends showed up.  Az held out hope for as long as she could before eventually breaking.  She had gotten to the point where she couldn't even remember her mother and father's faces.  She cursed the gods for ignoring her pleas to them for relief, even death.

The man was coming down stairs one day when he tripped and tumbled down them, breaking his leg and arm and landing on his dagger.  He called for Azderal to help him, but she just stood there watching with an evil satisfied look in her eyes.  As the hours ticked by, the man continued to beg her to help him and she just sat down on the floor and watched.  After missing three days, the city guards entered the house looking for him.  They noticed a rotting smell coming from a trap door.  When they got down there, they found the man's body decomposing with a starving Azderal huddled up in the corner crying.

That was seven years ago.  It wasn't long before a Paladin learned about her plight and took her in.  He nursed her back to health and tried his best to help heal he emotional scars.  She has made great strides, but she still has a hard time with strangers, especially in a large crowd.  She has been traveling with the paladin ever since, serving him the best she can and learning the trade of healers.  She still curses the gods for abandoning her and trembles at the thought of the darkness inside her that just let the man die.

Three months ago, the Paladin left to hunt down a balor that was causing trouble.  She stayed behind at his request because he feared for her safety.  He should have been back by now...

Senti

Storm or rather Eleanor was the only daughter of a minor noble, a castellan. He had some lands on the boarder of two kingdoms. Her mother died in childbirth when she was eight. Up till then she had been taught in more female pursuits, thus she was able to sew, sing and such other talents. However her father was not so well trained in such arts and from him and her brothers she learned more military skills. She rode well and could hunt, as well a throw a good punch. After all being the only girl made it imperative. She was able to look after herself.

All was well or as well as it might be living upon a boarder… Her brothers were knights as was her father and thus he had to serve his master, to serve his lord. Thus she was left with only the man at arms as her father and brothers rode away never to return.

The war drew closer to the small lands they owned and her brothers and father returned on a board. The man at arms as well as the famers holding forks and farm implements looked to Eleanor and she could offer nothing.

She like they had no choice, and the 15 year old made the hardest decision of her life. A decision that would change her forever.

With nothing more than her mothers paste jewellery and a ill fitting suit of armour Eleanor freed their workers and left,  she left behind her old life.

It was better to strap down her breasts and serve in the army than to sell her body upon the street, at least for now it was. She started as a pretty drummer boy yet Eleanor, or Elan as she was known appeared to have talent to see danger even at this early age.

Life in the army was hard, very hard but the woman coped and did well, though with each passing year she began to see the inequality, she saw too many young men die because of the stupidity of there so called betters. Eventually the woman was found out for what she was…a female, the fact that the caatians daughter fell in love with her did not aid matter, still the girl ran a mile when she found Storms secret, yet by now she was too useful as a scout and it was over looked. Something the woman would regret.

Through the years this woman took the scars of battle, mentally and physically, and slowly began to find solace in the bottom of a bottle or glass…

Carrying members of her squad across her back only to find the healer was too busy with an officer was bad enough, but when they started to raise the dead for the war effort was on step too many.  That was when she punched her commanding officer…she floored him, that and the fact she took to  burning the dead made sure she had a court martial.

Storm is still not sure how she escaped….though the few of her boys made sure it happened. As it is now this ex scout needs to make her beer money…so she is looking for work.

Appearance Storm was obviously once a handsome woman, her grey eyes and stance when she is not drunk is more than proof of that. Of course she would never be some pretty sweet girl, but perhaps would have been a truly noble creature had her life been different.

As it is Storm as a near shaven head of dark hair, hair that is cut likely by one of her daggers, a long scar runs from one eye to her mouth which has left her expression in a permanent sneer. Another thick knotted scar that likely should have killed her runs from the back of her head and snakes down her back. She also bears the marks of the lash and the gunner’s daughter. Still she is lean and relatively agile, considering her 'interesting life'.

Personality At best Storm can be considered as taciturn, at worst she is a drunk with a voice and turn of phrase that belongs in a sewer. However the woman is relatively clever, and practical. However she is uncomfortable around those that use magic. And frankly finds half orcs a whole lot more useful than elves. Still needs must then the devil drives…

As it is Storm is useful, she does her job… get close at your own risk.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=87057

grovercjuk

Very nice characters. Anyone who still wants in please get your character up as I want to get the game under way.

Hellion000

Lursk
Male Half-Orc Rogue 3
Chaotic Neutral
Representing Hellion000

Strength 15 (+2)
Dexterity 17 (+3)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 10 (+0)
Charisma 8 (-1)

Size: Medium
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 240 lb
Skin: Gray
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White Wavy; Average Beard

Total Hit Points: 16

Armor Class: 16 = 10 +3 [studded] +3 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 13
Flat-footed: 13

Initiative modifier: +3 = +3 [dexterity] 
Fortitude save: +3 = 1 [base] +2 [constitution] 
Reflex save: +6 = 3 [base] +3 [dexterity] 
Will save: +1 = 1 [base] 
Attack (handheld): +4 = 2 [base] +2 [strength] 
Attack (unarmed): +4 = 2 [base] +2 [strength] 
Attack (missile): +5 = 2 [base] +3 [dexterity] 
Grapple check: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [strength] 

Languages: Common Orc 

4X Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]

2X Morningstar [1d8, crit x2, 6 lb, one-handed, bludgeoning]

Sap [1d6 nonlethal, crit x2., 2 lb., light, bludgeoning]

Shortbow [1d6, crit x3, range inc. 60 ft., 2 lb., piercing]

Studded armor [light; +3 AC; max dex +5; check penalty -1; 20 lb.]

Feats:

Two-Weapon Fighting 
Weapon Focus x1 Weapon(s): Morningstar

Traits:

Appraise Int 3 =  +0 +3 
Balance Dex* 5 =  +3  +2 [tumble] 
Bluff Cha -1 =  -1   
Climb Str* 2 =  +2   
Concentration Con 2 =  +2   
Craft_1 Int 0 =  +0   
Craft_2 Int 0 =  +0   
Craft_3 Int 0 =  +0   
Diplomacy Cha -1 =  -1   
Disable Device Int 4 =  +0 +4 
Disguise Cha -1 =  -1   
Escape Artist Dex* 3 =  +3   
Forgery Int 0 =  +0   
Gather Information Cha -1 =  -1   
Heal Wis 0 =  +0   
Hide Dex* 9 =  +3 +6 
Intimidate Cha -1 =  -1   
Jump Str* 4 =  +2  +2 [tumble] 
Knowledge (planes) Int 1 =  +0 +1 
Listen Wis 4 =  +0 +4 
Move Silently Dex* 7 =  +3 +4 
Open Lock Dex 7 =  +3 +4 
Perform_1 Cha -1 =  -1   
Perform_2 Cha -1 =  -1   
Perform_3 Cha -1 =  -1   
Perform_4 Cha -1 =  -1   
Perform_5 Cha -1 =  -1   
Ride Dex 3 =  +3   
Search Int 4 =  +0 +4 
Sense Motive Wis 0 =  +0   
Spot Wis 0 =  +0   
Survival Wis 0 =  +0   
Swim Str** 2 =  +2   
Tumble Dex* 8 =  +3 +5 
Use Magic Device Cha 5 =  -1 +6 
Use Rope Dex 9 =  +3 +6 

* = check penalty for wearing armor

Use Rope >=5 ranks gives +2 on climb checks involving ropes.
Use Rope >=5 ranks gives +2 on escape artist checks involving ropes.

Half-Orc:

+2 strength / -2 intelligence / -2 charisma (already included)

Darkvision (see 60 feet in pitch-dark)

Rogue:

Sneak Attack +2d6

Trapfinding

Evasion (level 2)

Trap Sense (level 3)

Class HP rolled 
Level 1: Rogue 6 
Level 2: Rogue 3 
Level 3: Rogue 1 

Lursk's Equipment:

Arrows (quiver of 20) x1
Backpack
Caltrops
Case (for map or scroll)
Flint and steel
Locks x1
Manacles x1
Rations (1 day) x2
Rope (50', silk) x1
Waterskins x1
Whetstone
Thieves' tools
Hat of Disguise*
Elixer of Hiding*
Elixer of Sneaking*
4X Cure Lt. Wounds*

GP: 200

(Background to come.)

grovercjuk

Ok first post is up, remember you all know each other in a vague way that regulars of a bar.cafe etc know each other.

Game.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89660.0

OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89660.0

Please post in the OOC a brief physical description of what the other characters would see when they looked at your character.

Hellion000

I've got pretty much no time left before I have to go to work. My first postings will have to wait til later tonight.

bigwad73

Trazinian

Male Human Cleric 1 / Wizard 2
True Neutral
Representing bigwad73

Strength    10   (+0)
Dexterity    12   (+1)
Constitution    10   (+0)
Intelligence    16   (+3)
Wisdom    16   (+3)
Charisma    12   (+1)

Size:    Medium
Height:    6' 4"
Weight:    200 lb
Skin:    Light
Eyes:    Dark Brown
Hair:    Light Brown Straight; Beardless

Domains: Knowledge Magic

Energy: Positive [Healing / Turns Undead]

Total Hit Points: 16

Armor Class: 14 = 10 +2 [leather] +1 [buckler] +1 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 11
      Flat-footed: 13

Initiative modifier:   +1   = +1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:   +2   = 2 [base]
Reflex save:   +1   = 0 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Will save:   +8   = 5 [base] +3 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):   +1   = 1 [base]
Attack (unarmed):   +1   = 1 [base]
Attack (missile):   +2   = 1 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Grapple check:   +1   = 1 [base]

Light load:  33 lb. or less
Medium load:  34-66 lb.
Heavy load:  67-100 lb.
Lift over head:  100 lb.
Lift off ground:  200 lb.
Push or drag:  500 lb.

Languages:   Celestial  Common  Draconic  Infernal

Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]

Heavy Mace [1d8, crit x2, 8 lb., one-handed, bludgeoning]

Light Crossbow [1d8, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 80 ft., 4 lb, piercing]]

Leather armor [light; +2 AC; max dex +6; check penalty 0; 15 lb.; arcane spell failure 10%] ; arcane spell failure 5%

Buckler [+1 AC; check penalty -1; hardness 10; hp 5; 5 lb.]

Cat familiar

Feats:

Point Blank Shot   
      Precise Shot   
      Spell Penetration   
      Scribe Scroll   [free to wizard]

Traits:

Skill Name

Appraise    Int                3
Balance    Dex*        1
Bluff            Cha                1
Climb    Str*                0   
Concentration    Con        4
Craft_1       Int        3
Diplomacy    Cha      3
Disguise         Cha        1
Escape Artist    Dex*    1
Forgery    Int                3
Gather Info    Cha        1
Heal    Wis                5
Hide    Dex*        1      
Intimidate    Cha        1
Jump    Str*         0
Knowledge (arcana)    Int            9
Knowledge (architecture)    Int    5     
Knowledge (dungeoneering)    Int    7
Knowledge (history)    Int            5
Knowledge (religion)    Int            9
Knowledge (planes)    Int            5
Listen    Wis                3       
Move Silently    Dex*    4
Perform_1    Cha      1
Ride    Dex                         1
Search Int                3
Sense Motive    Wis    3
Spellcraft    Int           11
Spot    Wis            3
Survival    Wis            3
Swim    Str**    0
Use Rope    Dex    1
* = check penalty for wearing armor

Know Religion >=5 ranks gives +2 on turn/rebuke the undead.
If the familiar is within reach, +2 on spot and listen ("alertness").

Zero-level Cleric spells: 3 per day

First-level Cleric spells: 2 (1+1) per day +1 from a domain: (Detect Secret Doors)

Zero-level Wizard spells: 4 per day

First-level Wizard spells: 3 (2+1) per day
(Magic Missile, Burning Hands, Charm Person, Sleep, Hypnosis, Protection from Evil, Color Spray)

Human:

* Extra feat at first level (already included)
    * Four extra skill points at first level (already included)
    * One extra skill point at each additional level (already included)

Cleric:

* Alignment Aura

* Spontaneous Casting (heal)

* Turn Undead (4x/day)

* High wisdom gains bonus spells daily

* Domain choices give additional abilities

# WizardFamiliar / Alertness, etc.

# Bonus Feats (already included)

# High intelligence gains bonus spells daily

Class    HP rolled    
Level 1:    Wizard    4    
Level 2:    Wizard    4    
Level 3:    Cleric    8    

Trazinian's Equipment:

Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
      Crossbow bolts (quiver of 10) x2
      Backpack
      Bedroll
      Chalk
      Flint and steel
      Ink vial
      Ink pen
      Parchment sheets x5
      Rations (1 day) x7
      Rope (50', silk) x1
      Vial (for ink or potions) x1
      Waterskins x1
      Healer kit
      Holy symbol (silver)
      Spell component pouch
      Spellbook x1
      Wand of Magic Missiles (L1)
      5xCure Light potions.

Traz is a quiet type, keeping to himself.  Though, he's not above helping out a friend in need.  He's been traveling all over Faerun, exploring and searching the new lands.  He's collected at the inn with the others, but he's previously adventured for some time, serving his goddess and following his own ideas.  He worships Mystra, both casting arcane and divine magic.  He's tall and thin, with a fair completion and reddish-brown hair.  He's calm and cool, and very intelligent, but likes to joke around and make puns.

His background includes an education at Waterdeep, his home town, and then a recent stint of adventuring increasing his experience base..