Love Boat

Started by CaptainErotica, February 11, 2007, 05:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

Okay this is a game I had been running on rpol before I disapeared. Back then it was only four people. This itme i'd like to invite anyone who want in to come aboard. Here's the deal.
     The USS Aphrodite is a fairly new luxury cruise liner, having been on only three cruises thus far. She is a high-tech, work of art -A Titanic II if you will. in the short time she has been afloat she has gained a repytation of a romantic hotspot, a place to find your soulmate, or rekindle a smoldering love. In fact over a dozen couples have already tied the knot after meeting on one of the cruises. Thus she has been given the nickname "Love Boat".
   Players wil lbe on this particular cruise for whatever reason. They are free to interact as they wish.  Players may come into the game as a couple if they so desire, or show up Stag and see what happens. In fact if sex or simple romance insn't your thing then you need not even paretake in that aspect. There will be other things for you to enjoy, if you know where to look.
    The cruise schedule will take the players Honolulu. after a three night stay the next port call wil lbe Guam, followed by Hong Kong, Singapore, Syndey Australia, and finally Yokohama Japan before returning to Miami. I have been to all of these places more times than I can count on my fingers, so I should be able to provide lifelike accuracy and detail.
   And now the bad news. Sometime during the cruise -I havn't decided yet when, an acicdent will occur causing the ship to slowly sink. The players will be in a fight for their lives. Will you spend your last hours in the throes od passion, leading a group of passengers in an attempt to survive, or a mixture of both. The choice is up to you.

I know the sinking ship bit has been way overused, but what else can you do with a ship. Of course if al lthe players agree then I'm willing to throw the disaster thing out thw window. So what do you all think?

AmberMK

Sounds interesting... I'll wait and see if we get some more players before committing...

CaptainErotica

Thnaks for the interest. I hope we get more interest...but only been up half a day. By the way nice to meet you.(don't beleive I've met you before)

Mindhazingsquid

I'm in!  Sounds like fun!

CaptainErotica

All right thats two....or rather one and a possable.

Vandren

Sounds interesting.

Do you envision all the PCs being passengers or some being crew as well?

As some other options for the "disaster":

1) Pirates - they're still around out there and attacking cruise ships as recently as 2006
2) Natural disaster involving refugees - the cruise ship being close has to decide whether to help out or not (better for crew PCs, but who knows)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

CaptainErotica

I had assumed everyone would be passengers but if anyone wants to play part of the crew that works too. Heck I'l leven let someone play the Captain if they realyl want to. As for the dissaster both are interesting ideas.

ladyelizabeth

I'm in.  but only on the understanding that I get to play Brailynn
The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games