in magic.

in love.

in happily-ever-after.

in fairies.

in ghosts.

in witches.

in childhood dreams.

in prince charmings.

We snatch dreams from our children everyday forcing them to grow up too fast.  No time for fanciful imagining.  Life is cold and hard and there is no magic.  Love is just a cliche and a prince charming will never ride up on a white horse to rescue you. 

It's all so wrong.  We are murdering childhood.  Stealing creativity.  Smothering individuality.  Trampling kindness.  And breaking dreams.

I believe! 

Do you?

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Kurzyk

Here here!

I believe! Very well put SP.

No matter how hard the pressures, I've always kept a door open to the dream.. to the magic.. to that side of us that can fly, and touch the moon with our fingers.

Nothing is ever what it seems to be .. and one day we may wake up and be stars dreaming about what it would be like to be walking bipeds on a planet on the edge of the galaxy.

Always keep the dream... never forget the magic.

Greenthorn

I believe in Santa...because somehow, every Christmas, I am always able to get the kids enough to make them think each Xmas morning was "the best one ever"  ;D

Oniya

I break this out every year, and even just posting the link and thinking about it makes me misty.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=25137.0
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jag

*claps hands*

I believe in fairies!

*claps hands*

Seriously though, I don't understand why parents think that you have to tell a child that there is no Santa or Easter Bunny or Dragons...I love telling fairy tails to children and seeing their faces light up.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Gunslinger

This might be somewhat hypocritical.

No I don't believe, I think that the real world is way more fascinating beyond any magic story or prince charming. But I still think its fun to get away in to an unrealistic fantasy for a bit. I don't agree that you are smothering creativity, killing imagination, or breaking dreams by denying what is unreal. I think you are setting yourself free and seeing how wonderful the real thing can be. You can stop expecting the prince charming and maybe look for something that is better.

ShrowdedPoet

I was not playing when I said I believe in that stuff.  I was being quite serious.
Ons and Offs

Oniya

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than can be dreamt of in your philosophy.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

ShrowdedPoet

I believe in all of this stuff people.  I wouldn't say I believed if I didn't truly.  I believe in magic and fairies and stuff like that with everything that I am.  I believe.  Now don't get me wrong.  If you know me, you know I'm not out of touch with reality in anyway.  I've had a harder reality than some can ever imagine.  And I do believe that forcing our kids to grow up and believe in only one reality is hurting them.  I've seen it damage people.  *nods*  Believe what you may, but I. . .I believe. . .
Ons and Offs

Lithos

Believing in such things is not uncommon or wrong, if it was we would not have religions. Freedom to choose what you believe in is one of the most basic freedoms there should be. 

But as for the answer to question, I personally do not.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Draconus Umaki

Aye I must say that is well said. Too much are people forced to grow up way to soon and I for one am proud that I'm not yet grown.

I do indeed believe because it makes it soo much easier, because what right do we have to say it can or cannot happen.
Its not the balls and a dick that make the man, its the choices in life he makes that does that. Otherwise he is just a MALE

Oniya

Several years ago, when my daughter was not yet in school, we were at a gathering also attended by The Vampire Don (from MTV's Mad Mad House show).  Despite the fact that he didn't particularly like kids in general, he offered us one piece of advice:  Don't let them change her when she reaches 6 years old.

We haven't.