News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

FATE Based Wrestling Game

Started by Crash, January 01, 2015, 03:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Malcom Cane has reached an agreement with Showtime Entertainment to air his new wrestling federation, Midnight Championship Wrestling, late night on the Showtime network of channels. MCW is branded as raw, violent and sexy, able to push boundaries that other basic cable wrestling programs cannot.  Malcom Cane has been combing the smaller wrestling federations looking for new talent to build his Midnight Wrestling brand. Midnight Championship Wrestling has promised a block buster opening night like nothing wrestling fans have ever seen.  Vacant titles are waiting to be filled and the glory of the ring awaits those willing to take it.

Thanks Primarch for letting me use the visuals!

I am testing out some FATE rules for conflict resolution in a Wrestling game.  I have rules for character creation located in the World Building forum: Here.  This game will pit players against one another in the ring, so be prepared to lose matches.  I do not want to see players just dominate others and since these rules are pretty experimental, if I see characters that are solely build to “Win” or exploit loopholes you may be asked to change your character to make it more balanced or I may change the wording of stunts or add or delete stunts if necessary.  Ultimately this is supposed to be storytelling fun.  If you and a player already have an outcome in mind for a match that is fine too, I would ask that you still play a few rounds according to modified FATE rules and then use whatever ending to the match you have come up with.

I would like players either familiar with FATE or willing to download the rules at http://fate-srd.com/.  I am using FATE Core and not Fate Accelerated at the moment.  Player can submit homebrewed stunts for approval.

My plan for belts are...

MCW Championship Belt
Intercontinental Championship Belt
Tag Team Championship Belt

Character Template

[float=right][img height=500]<Insert Image Here>[/img][/float] [b]Name:[/b]

[b]Aspects:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hometown: [/b]
[b]Entrance Music:[/b]

[b]Skills[/b]
Great (+4):
Good (+3):
Fair (+2):
Average (+1):

[b]Finisher:[/b]

[b]Stress[/b]
Physical:
Mental:

[b]Stunts[/b]

[b]Refresh:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

MCW Unleashed
Opening:
Match 1:
Match 2:
Mid-Show Main Event:
Match 4:
Match 5:
Main Event:

MCW Nightmare
Opening:
Match 1:
Match 2:
Mid-Show Main Event:
Match 4:
Match 5:
Main Event:

I will add matches as necessary.  For those not in a match feel free to cut a promo, do an interview run a skit or some backstage action like an ambush or verbal confrontation.  In the time section of the post header please put in the match number or what matches the scene takes place between.

Post Header
[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]<insert pic>[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Zone:[/b]
[b]Show:[/b]
[b]Entrance Music:[/b]
[b]Aspects and Invocations:[/b]
[b]Current Stress:[/b]
[b]Current Conditions:[/b]
[hr]

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

Name: Betty Kruze

Aspects:
Plucky Surfer Girl
Way too trusting
“I’m tougher than I look.”
Insane Balance
Suicide Blonde

Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 125 lbs
Hometown: Santa Cruz, California
Entrance Music: Wipe Out by The Surfaris

Skills
Great (+4): Agile Moves
Good (+3): Physique, Aerial Moves
Fair (+2): Will, Technical Moves, Rapport
Average (+1): Notice, Contacts, Rough Moves. Savvy Moves

Finisher:  The Betty Bomb (a spinning seated senton off of the top rope)

Stress
Physical: 4
Mental: 3

Stunts
Agile Move Mastery: Add +1 to Agile Moves attack and defense rolls.
Roll with a Punch: When invoking an aspect or advantage during a defense roll, gain 2 Armor Rating against the attack if it succeeds
The Crowd Loves Me:  +2 to Rapport when you’re delivering an inspiring speech in front of a crowd. (If there are named NPCs or PCs in the scene, you may target them all simultaneously with one roll rather than dividing up your shifts.)
The Weight of Reputation:  You can use Contacts instead of Provoke to create advantages based on the fear generated by your faction

Refresh: 2

Personality:
Bubbly and perpetually happy Betty is the quintessential surfer girl.  She knows the lingo and her way around a surfboard. She is no slouch in the wrestling ring either.  Betty is a baby face to the nth degree and the crowd absolutely adores her for her sparkling personality and her aerial acrobatics.  She can be way to trusting of other wrestlers however preferring to believe that people aren’t as bad as they seem and that even the worst people can change.
Betty has a cooler head that her older brother and Johnny and can be considered the voice of reason among them, not that reason comes into their thinking much.  Betty and the Blondes are in this for a good time, a good fight and a good fuck.  Not necessarily in that order. 

Background:
Betty is a member of the Suicide Blondes Faction of MCW with her brother Kid Kruze and his best friend Johnny Smooth.  She is utterly loyal to her boys and accompanies them to the ring as much as they accompany her during their matches.  While Betty looks like a beach bunny she has not the type to back down from a fight and her years in the surf have left her fit and tougher than her persona seems.
Betty really is an accomplished surfer which gives her incredible balance.  She uses this talent to pull off some truly crazy and unexpected moves, but this penchant for the wacky can often get her caught in the middle of a move and left vulnerable to counters.

Betty and the rest of the Blondes were signed from All Pro Wrestling in California and snatched out from under other professional wrestling organizations that had been trying to sign them. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Name: Johnny Smooth and Kid Kruze A.K.A The Suicide Blondes

Aspects:
Suicide Blondes
Showboating attention hounds
Most Bodacious Tag Team of all Time, Brah!
Surfboards, ladders and chairs
If it’s fun, it’s fair.

Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Height: 6’4” and 6’2”
Weight: 240 lbs and 220 lbs
Hometown: Santa Cruz California
Entrance Music: Wipe Out by the Surfaris

Kid Kruze’s Skills
Great (+4):  Aerial Moves
Good (+3):  Rapport, Technical Moves
Fair (+2):  Will, Notice, Physique, Rough Moves
Average (+1): Agile Moves, Powerful Moves, Provoke, Savvy Moves

Johnny Smooth’s Skills
Great (+4):  Technical Moves
Good (+3):  Provoke, Physique
Fair (+2):  Rapport, Power Moves, Rough Moves
Average (+1): Agile Moves, Savvy Moves, Notice, Will

Finisher:  The Wipe Out (Johnny Smooth hits a backbreaker at the same time Kid Kruze hits a top rope leg drop on their opponent)

Kid Kruze’s Stress
Mental: 2

Johnny Smooth’s Stress
Physical: 3
Mental: 3

Stunts
Hardcore Legend: Chairs, ladders, stools, sacks of potatoes—when you’re around, everything is a weapon. +2 to Notice checks to create advantages when locating improvised weapons from around a scene.
Tag Team Mastery: Gain 1 Armor and +1 Weapon Rating when using an advantage involving a team mate
Damn Funny: +2 Provoke to create an advantage when cutting a promo or performing a skit
Technical Move Mastery: Add +1 to Technical Moves attack and defense rolls.

Refresh: 2

Personality:
California surfers to the core, Kid Kruze and Johnny Smooth are in it for the party.  It doesn’t matter what IT is, because when they are around IT is always a party.  Nothing seems to bother this laid back duo in the ring or out of it. When it comes to wrestling Johnny loves getting under his opponents skin.  As funny and laid back as he is, Johnny has a devilish streak that borders on just plain mean.  Kid Kruze is a whirlwind in the ring and a cut up out of it.  He comes off as much more the class clown than a complete ass.  The Suicide Blondes are known for their funny ass promo’s and skits clowning their competition.

Background:
Johnny Smooth and Kid Kruze make up the tag team the Suicide Blondes along with Kid’s kid sister Betty.  They came up through All Pro Wrestling together.  The two friends have always been a tag team and that sort of experience is why they are so damn good at what they do.  The three surfers grew up in Santa Cruz and have been surfers all their life and they have translated the skills in the water to the wrestling mat to surprising effect. 

As laid back as they look the tag team has made a name for themselves as hardcore wrestlers in many a surfboard, ladders and chairs match, their own personal take on the traditional tables, ladders and chairs.  While a fan favorite the tag team is not above using an unfair advantage to gain the upper hand particularly if it gets a good laugh from the crowd. Their goal is to make it to the top of the MCW tag team division and have a good time doing it. 

Pumpkin Seeds

Name: Caroline "Sarge" Matthews

Aspects:

Heavy Hitting Former Marine
Hot headed
Something to prove

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Height: 5'10
Weight: 175lbs
Hometown: Grand Haven, Michigan
Entrance Music: War by Sick Puppies

Skills
Great (+4): Physique
Good (+3): Powerful Moves, Will
Fair (+2): Rough Moves, Technical Moves, Notice
Average (+1): Rapport, Resources, Contacts, Agile Moves

Finisher: Marine Press: A squat, lift up off the shoulders slightly and into a Samoan Drop.

Stress
Physical:
Mental:

Stunts

Juggernaut: Ignore 1 point of Armor when making Power Move attacks and add +1 Weapon Rating to any Power Moves attack against opponents with a lower Physique skill than the attacker.
Tough Guy: 2 Armor Rating against attacks which cause physical stress.
Stony Gaze: May use Will in place of Provoke to make attacks against those with a lower Will.
Crushing Grip: +2 to use grapples and holds to create an advantage
Take the Blow: You can use Physique to defend against Move attacks made with fists or kicks, though you always take 1 shift of stress on a tie.

Refresh:  1

Personality:

Background:

WIP

Crash

Name: Mace "The Highland Park Strangler" Hunley

Aspects:
Tough Ass Street Punk
Problem With Authority
Vicious as a Pit Bull
Hard Man to Keep Down
Rules are for Suckers!

Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 260 lbs
Hometown: Detroit, Michigan
Entrance Music: Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine

Skills
Great (+4):  Physique
Good (+3):  Rough Moves, Will
Fair (+2):  Savvy Moves, Notice, Technical Moves
Average (+1):  Contacts, Power Moves, Deceive, Resources

Finisher: Highland Park Strangler (Crippler Crossface)

Stress
Mental: 4

Stunts
Tough as Nails: Once per session, at the cost of a fate point, you can reduce the severity of a moderate consequence that’s physical in nature to a mild consequence (if your mild consequence slot is free), or erase a mild consequence altogether.
No Mercy!: +2 bonus to attack targets already suffering consequences relating to physical injury or weakness.
Mind Games: You can use Savvy Moves in place of Provoke to make mental attacks within a match
Crushing Grip: +2 to use grapples and holds to create an advantage
Cerebral Assassin: Add +2 Weapon Rating to a Savvy Move where you also invoke a consequence the defender has.

Refresh: 1

Personality:
Unpredictable, manipulative and brutal.  Mace has no time for authority telling him what to do.  No one tells Mace what to do.  He is not at all above using underhanded tactics to get ahead as the only goal is to be the top dog, nothing else matters. Life on the streets at a young age made Mace a survivor.  He earned the nickname the Highland Park Strangler in illegal cage fights where he nearly killed a guy with a choke hold.  Mace's time at Can-Am gave him enough discipline to keep him out of jail and a sense of direction for the first time in his life.  That said the street tough is still there and he brings that with him to the ring night in and night out.

Background:

Raising on the mean streets of Highland Park in Detroit, Michigan, Mace has run a foul of the law many throughout his youth.  It grew up fighting and was saved from a life in jail by joining CAN-AM Wrestling school.  The streets of Highland Park taught Mace to survive and thrive in a dog eat dog world where being strong wasn't enough.  You had to be smart and tough.  He has been shoot, stabbed, beaten and still he comes out on top.  A true predator on the streets and in the ring.  Mace's wrestling style is brutal, a combination of overwhelming strikes and crippling holds meant to tear down his opponents mentally and physically.  Seen as unpredictable and violent by other wrestling organizations Mace was snatched up by MCW and signed quickly knowing that his attitude and skill would put him in line for a title right away.  Now can Malcom Cane keep the angry pitbull on a tight lease or will his vicious animal get loose and reek havoc on his organization.  Either way it will make for good ratings.

Crash

Added Deceive Skill and some Stunts to the Character Creation Rules.

Crash

Foxy DeVille

I'm interested, just thinking about gimmicks and whatnot.

Crash

Foxi - Awesome!  Let me know if you have any questions!

More than one character is fine too if anyone is interested

Pumpkin - I think I found another image of your wrestler

Other possible female wrestlers...

Crash

I need some Manager Stunts.  I wonder if I should make that it's own skill.

Eranil Morathim

Crash

Great.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Feel free to ask questions here.

Crash

Still interested in trying this even with a limited group.  If we only have a small number I will consider opening it up to more FATE core runs and run this as a game evolving around a stable of wrestlers.

Zeth

Posting interest. Where can I find FATE?

Crash