Arcanum / Steampunk ideas [ M/F ]

Started by Hemingway, January 02, 2013, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Here's a short list of ideas inspired by the game and setting Arcanum. While all of the stories can be set in Arcanum, they can also be more generic steampunk stories, so long as the essentials are in place.

On to the ideas!

Idea #1
This story involves two characters, a lawman and an outlaw on the lam. Which character is male and which is female is not set in stone, and I have slightly different story ideas for each.

In the case of a female outlaw, I would like for her to have booked passage on an airship, thinking she's evaded the authorities. Unbeknownst to her, a lawman has made it onto the same airship, in pursuit of her. She is posing as a wealthy noblewoman – or something similar – and does not know the identity of the lawman. For one reason or another, he decides not to arrest her right away, but rather begins playing a game of flirting with her. She can either remain oblivious to his true identity, or see through his game but play along all the same. I do admit having a certain fondness for situations where characters willingly and openly play along, even admitting they've seen through the game but continuing anyway.

In the case of a male outlaw, the overall plot is not much different. The roles, however, would be reversed, with the outlaw, knowing the woman's identity, decides to flirt with her. Playing with fire, as it were.

Idea #2
Arcanum is a world where magic and technology exist side by side, though by no means peacefully. Technological gadgets break down in the presence of skilled wizards, and magical spells can fail in the presence of complicated technological devices.

What better candidates for an unlikely and explosive ( literally ) romance, then, than a powerful wizard and a technological geniue? None!

I would prefer playing a male wizard in this case. Ideally, the female technologist would be brilliant and dismissive of magic – bonus points if she has a mechnical arm! - while the wizard is likely to be a bit chaotic and impulsive – intelligent if not savvy with technology – and prone to frivolous use of magic.

If this sounds interesting, message me!