The Clone Wars: 43rd Attack Squadron

Started by Vostroya, March 17, 2012, 08:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vostroya

I wanted to do an RP with each player commanding a ship from the Clone Wars era in the same fleet. The story would be set around various fleet engagements in space. Each player commanding their ship, trying to survive and still follow the orders from above them. Dealing with the emotional trauma, success, and so forth that comes from the war. But on how to do so I am not sure, this thread is to gauge if we have any interest in doing such. I don't know if the game would need a system to run the combat game-play or if each person should be allowed to post their own combat.

Things about the game are open for discussion, if Jedi would be allowed in the gameplay, romances, etc.

A video showing what kind of battles I was thinking.

Battle Over Coruscant

Chaeronea

So when you say each player commands a ship, by 'ship' do you mean a capital ship like a Star Destroyer/cruiser/whatever, or a starfighter? Either way I'd be interested in prticipating in this RP.

Vostroya

A star destroyer or a ship of a lower class depending on the preference of the player

fallensaviour

if you have room for smugglers of very questionable morals i'd probably be interested

Vostroya

Interesting, what did you have in mind for the character? Such as what his goals are (helping the war, using republic as distractions so he can get loot, etc.)

fallensaviour

trying to make credits to fund his occasionally legal business opportunities, working up from just a freighter to a cap ship and what not

but overall goals would be access to lots of credits and the depravity and such that that usually brings

Vostroya

Awesome, sounds like a lot of funny banter will be going back and forth between him and the admiral.

fallensaviour

Vostroya

I haven't decided, not really enough interest yet to do so, I wouldn't know how to run a system anyways, I would need someone with experience in it.

fallensaviour

well if you do decide to go system i'd recomend saga edition
fairly simple, player wants to attempt a task that stands a chance of failure/will impact the story they roll a dice add modifiers and compare the results to an arbitary number or opposed dice roll, it helps offset godmoding, but anyways, either way you'll have a agile, intelligent, brutal dug scoundrel trying to make a criminal empire to rival the black sun, mostly using battle droids he rebuilt/bought and/or reprogramed, they dont want as much cash

Antisoul

CT1 - "So what unit are you?"

CT2 - "43rd Attack Squadron"

CT1 - "43rd?! I'm so sorry Number 817-CM43."

CT2 - "Yeah, General Kenobi got the 42nd KIA over Coruscant before we could even finish flight school. Just like the last 41 Squadrons. Our brother's never stood a chance up there."

CT1 - "Ouch. You're so fucked."

CT2 - "I know. I hear they're canning Incom for KSE eta-2's. Goddamn bureaucrats. So what unit did you get?"

CT1 - "Arrrrraaarrghh!!!" *Lunges madly at CT2*

CT2 - *Collapses under CT1 though manages to draw and fire his side arm transfixing the other clone's abdomen in a momentary flash of energy.*

CT2 - *Rolls CT1's corpse off to the side and picks himself up.* "Damn Spaarti-Clones. You can never tell who they are, fucking whack jobs all think their the real thing."

*Camera pans out bringing into view the base of CT2's skull.*

*The laser tattooed flesh reads 'Spaati-Model MMMCMXLVIII -- Unit #2.311.497//-- Corpsman Variant.'*