Gotham City: No Mans Land (Batman/family needed!)

Started by Primarch, October 11, 2012, 04:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

Hmm, surprisingly less people jumping for big name OC's than I expected, or claiming territory. Well . . I have an idea then! I'm still working on my OC's details, but would you object if I had her claim territory 9 (The gotham streets) as leading the poor, homeless, pickpockets, and weak folks that for various reasons had (or wanted) to stay behind rather than evacuate?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Pyrkinas

8's a pretty big territory, so I'll just stay in it alone for now. I'll justify it as Dent preferring to keep a strong presence in one area rather than to spread out his forces until he's prepared.

Primarch

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 16, 2012, 01:20:57 PM
Hmm, surprisingly less people jumping for big name OC's than I expected, or claiming territory. Well . . I have an idea then! I'm still working on my OC's details, but would you object if I had her claim territory 9 (The gotham streets) as leading the poor, homeless, pickpockets, and weak folks that for various reasons had (or wanted) to stay behind rather than evacuate?

That really depends on the character, if the finished app reasonably looks like someone that could be a leader and be able to cut out some territory and defend it until now, sure. If not I'd suggest pairing up with someone else and organizing something.

ManyMindsManyVoices

My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Ironwolf85

Codename: Alfred
Alignment: Good
Height: 5'9
Weight: 152lbs
Appearance:

Skills: Alfred's training and history as both a Royal Marine, and MI6 agent gifts him with a unique understanding of military stratigy, Organization, and how to exercise soft power. Moreover his hobby as an actor and storyteller makes him a great speaker. He may not be a master or superhuman, but his Hand to hand and percision with firearms allows him to defend himself in a pinch.
Superhuman traits: none save a quick, analytical, and disiplined mind. coupled with military experience.
Personal equipment: Alfred's time as an MI6 agent has taught him how to fire a pistoland rifle with incredible percision, otherwise he has access to the bat cave arsenal though he is loathe to use it. He also has the Bat Computer, though it is half blind under current conditions.
Backstory:
Alfred has been the Wayne Family butler all of Bruce's life, and he helped his master establish his superhero career from the beginning.  Before joining the family busness of butlerhood alfrid did a stint as a royal marine seeing cold war conflicts in africa, eventually being premoted to MI6, and playing The Great Game Cold War Edition. While an exemplary agent, alfred was no superhero. When the Post-cold war cuts came around he left MI6 and became a butler to the royal family. Alfred was hired away from the British Royal Family by Bruce's parents, and virtually raised him after their murder.
His lifetime of experience has come to the forefront after batman "dissapeared" in actuality Bruce was off in Washington fighting the bill, and was on the wrong side when the city was locked down. Alfred, always loyal to Bruce and his ideals, opened the manor's grounds to civilan refugees, then used his skills aquired over years of toppling third world regimes to organize them into a self sufficent millita state.

Territory: 2 Wayne Manor, Alfred has turned it into somthing akin to a fudal kingdom. With well diciplined millita protecting the fortress. Mostly comprised of former Wayne tech employees put through a training regimin based on his days as a british marine.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Amberly

Honestly I'm still kind of puzzled what this game will be about and how the whole territory thing will factor into things. Is there going to be a story arc? Will there be npc's?! So far the whole thing feels a bit thin.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I kind of agree. It has me thinking of a lot of things, but in this state, I don't see this game working without a lot of players or a lot of people playing multiple characters."

Ironwolf85

I'm guessing he's going for a stratigy & conquest style game
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Primarch

Quote from: Amberly on October 16, 2012, 04:24:21 PM
Honestly I'm still kind of puzzled what this game will be about and how the whole territory thing will factor into things. Is there going to be a story arc? Will there be npc's?! So far the whole thing feels a bit thin.

I'm more trying to create a sandbox in a setting where most resources are quickly depleted, how the story develops from there is more down to player initiative and decision, if you want to try aggressively expand and control Gotham that's up to you or perhaps you'd rather cut a deal with someone else in exchange for some of their resources.

If players come into conflict with each other I'll moderate it as needs be but generally speaking I'm not looking to 'run' the game. I'd rather like to take part myself.

Ironwolf85

Understood, interisting thought... Alfred and Scarecrow will have to deal with each other eventually, be it cutting some sort of defensive pact, or one conquering the other. Their turf is too close, and their methods both involve controling their populace. Alfred via confidence and self-disipline, Scarecrow through chemicals and fear.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Ah, that's much different from the idea I was thinking. While it could be interesting, I'd say you should advertise the game as more of a turf war, resource, strategy type game. However, the more I think of it, the less interested I am in a game with a scale like that. I'm far more interested in characters than setting in that way."

"I think I'll have to bow out, I don't want to derail your idea, and I think I'm too much more interested in my own (such is the nature of a GM sometimes) to avoid doing that."

Amberly

I don't think this resource idea makes any sense certainly not if I play as Batgirl unless I hire a bunch of henchwoman to control my territory.
I was also hoping for a more personal character focused game with an overarching narrative. This feels more like the idea for a risk type board-game to me.

Primarch

No character is required to run a territory, if you want to play as one character getting from day to day making what difference they can in a walled off Gotham you totally can. Carving out a slice of Gotham to try make your own is entirely optional.

Ironwolf85

that is partly why I picked alfred, he can act as a base for other hero characters to do good deeds for without having to run their own turf

Primarch

Codename: Bane
Alignment: Self
Height: 6'8
Weight: 350 lbs

Skills: Bane is a master combatant with a combat style, best displayed by the manner in which he brutally defeated Batman in their first encounter. His skill is aided by his incredible physical strength and mindset. Bane is also an excellent leader, demanding the respect and fear from both his supporters and often his opponents. The level of belief his men have in him is so great they have even accepted their death by his hand. His leadership is further augmented by his tactical capability, having organized numerous high profile robberies and attacks and with flawless execution. Not to mention being able to deduce Batman's identity. 
Superhuman traits: None, although some might claim his physical strength and ability to tolerate punishment are borderline superman.
Personal equipment: Bane makes use of a mask that pumps anesthetic gas into his airways to eleviate pain due to a facial injury. He also wears protective armour over his chest. 
Backstory: Will finish later D:

Territory: 5 & 1

Ironwolf85

can I snatch up the asylem if scarecrow is dropping out?

Primarch

I'm afraid I'm going to put this game on indefinite pause as I need to re-consider how to approach the game's full plot and mechanics to fully create the game I intended, but I've also over stretched my RPed. I'm very sorry for wasting your time. If anybody would like to use any idea's from this RP for their own game you are very welcome.