The God Emperor of Mankind Wants You!

Started by IrishWolf, August 09, 2013, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishWolf

Greetings my friends, IrishWolf here, with a special announcement.

Now a little while ago, a fine follow who goes by RedMoon opened up a roleplay set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe called, Through the Grim Void. Now we had a good start, some fun characters but then a few went quiet and we got a little stagnated waiting for them. Unfortunately RedMoon's motivation has wavered after a period of no posts, an understandable but sad fact. However, four of us are willing to soldier on and continue the game and have received RedMoon's blessing to use his threads .

So now we're looking to see if anyone else would be interested in joining us, as we explore the grim darkness, meeting foul xenos and more then likely, killing them, lol.

The original interest check, to give you all an idea of what we're going for
Quote from: RedMoon on July 10, 2013, 02:15:19 PM

Some believe that in the grim darkness of the future, there is only war...

Those people are fools.

To those that have the will and the strength to reach beyond their station, beyond the restrictions and prejudices of society, a universe of infinite freedom awaits. Untold wealth and power await those brave enough to seek it, but untold danger as well. The universe is a hostile, uncaring, and dangerous place, and anyone who wishes to plunder it's secrets must be prepared to test their strength. If you feel you are prepared, if you have the prowess, the wits, and the courage to go forward, to take that first step off of your home world and in to the endless void, then you have come to the right place. Climb aboard, and together, we shall forge our own destinies.

What is this?

It's blood. I hope it's not Chris' blood.

Welcome, one and all. Here I am (rock you like a hurricane), posting another interest check thread, this time, for Rogue Trader. This is aimed at being a small group RP, but, depending on interest, could grow in to something else. It takes place in the Warhammer 40k setting, a universe primarily comprised of War and Hammers, but also other things. Rogue Trader is a fascinating setting because it allows the party to explore the 40k universe and interact with it's various races and people in a manner other than "Grab your plasma-torches and chain-pitchforks". There will be war and conflict, mind you, but this is a game about freedom, exploration, power and profit. I will be accepting profile registrations for a while to see how much interest we can get, and, should there be enough, I'll put the game up somewhere and we will be off, to adventure!

For this game, I will be acting as a GM, and probably running a player character myself (likely the Captain and titular Rogue Trader, so that I can better guide events, but, it's negotiable). I'm looking for a party of maybe 4-6 individuals, but, as stated, depending on interest there are other plans in place to make this something larger, or it could simply grow over time. If things get beyond my control, I may take on a co-GM to help things continue to run smoothly. Anyone participating would be expected to post on a fairly regular basis, but, I'm not too picky. Once a day is great, but, a couple of times a week is fine too. If things are slowing down, and people are losing interest because of it, we'll adjust things as we go along. The RP will consist of plenty of action and adventure, but, adult elements are welcomed and encouraged as well. Player interaction is very much encouraged as well, but, I will be creating and controlling a variety of NPCs to keep things moving along, and give you all something else to interact with.

I should also point out that this will be an entirely freeform RPG. No dice-rolling here.

Much as I hate to do it, I can't guarantee acceptance. I enjoy writing with people who can produce detailed, quality posts of sufficient length, so, that's what I'm going to be aiming for here. If I don't feel your profile or past posts are what I'm looking for, I'm afraid I'll have to turn you away. This means no one-liner posts, minimal spelling and grammar errors (we all make them occasionally) and lots of entertaining details. Remember - You're not the only one RPing here! If your posts aren't entertaining and inspiring for others, then the RP becomes less enjoyable overall. But! Now that I'm done being a jerk, we can talk business. From here on, I'm going to assume you have at least a passing familiarity with the Warhammer 40k setting, and it's various races. No, I don't expect you to be able to name all the Primarchs or list the Planetary Governors, or know who files the TPS reports for the Imperial Lavatory Services bureau. It would be good, however, if you knew the difference between an Eldar and a Tyrranid.

What are Rogue Traders?

For those unfamiliar with this particular facet of the 40k Universe, Rogue Traders are independent ship owners that work on the fringes of space, on behalf of the Imperium. Rogue Traders are granted immense freedom and autonomy, generally left to their own devices, with generally immense resources at their disposal, while operating outside of Imperial jurisdiction. While they may occasionally be given specific orders, their general role is to act as explorers, diplomats, merchants and occasionally conquerors in the name of the Emperor. Traders have authority near equal to a Space Marine Chapter Master while out in duty, so few in the Imperium can question them. This power comes from an ancient legal document, and your ticket to freedom - The Warrant of Trade. The Warrant of Trade is assigned to very few in the Imperium, granting noble status and a coat of arms for the Trader, his entire family, and his lineage. The Warrant is passed through the family, from generation to generation, ensuring a continuous stream of replacement Traders for those who are killed in the line of duty.

Rogue Traders are allowed to interact with nearly anyone or anything they encounter as they see fit - This means that they generally do not share the same xenophobic tendencies and religious zealotry that plagues much of the Imperium. They often negotiate and trade with the more amenable xenos such as the Eldar and Tau, and often freely accept mutants and heretics, so long as they prove useful.

What does a Rogue Trader party do?

A party in Rogue Trader is comprised of the Trader him/herself (The bearer of the Warrant of Trade) and key members of the crew. Even the smallest ships in the Warhammer 40k universe have crews of over ten thousand people, but these are generally poorly trained and educated peasants. This means that, much like Star Trek, the talented and attractive bridge officers must conduct 'away missions' on their own. Traders operate outside of Imperial space, contacting lost human colonies to bring them back in to the fold, scavenging for lost, ancient or alien technologies, claiming new worlds and resources, negotiating with aliens, securing trade routes, or even pirating and establishing little empires of their own. A party in Rogue Trader can expect plenty of action, adventure, intrigue and peril as they make their own path through the universe.

This particular adventure could see the party doing such things as delivering colonists to newly discovered planets, finding lost colonies and fighting or negotiating to bring them back in to the fold of the Imperium, fighting pirates to protect shipping lanes or becoming pirates themselves, exploring derelict space hulks infested with unknown horrors, or just drinking and having a good time while flying around in space. Player freedom is at a premium here, so there will be plenty for everyone to do!

Is there a plot?

Without giving away too much, an officer in the Imperial Navy, coming from a long and noble line of successful Rogue Traders, has just received word that his father and his fleet have been lost under unknown circumstances. As such, he has inherited the Warrant of Trade, and become a Rogue Trader himself. Armed with a single small ship and a new crew, he sets course for the edge of the galaxy to locate his father, find out what happened, and reclaim the massive fleet that is his birthright. Along the way, there will be missions from the Imperium, and plenty of strange and wondrous encounters as well.

Of course, character development and player-focused storytelling is important as well. Feel free to craft your own little subplots and engage each other, or suggest ideas to me. I will endeavor to work a personalized touch in to the story for each character.

What kind of characters should we make?

The important part! Who are you?

Any applicants should be making various key members of the crew of the Rogue Trader's vessel. As stated, I will likely be playing the Rogue Trader/Captain myself, but there are plenty of other roles to choose from. Some examples of various important "Bridge Officer" functions on the ship:

The Seneschal - A rogue-like character, master of logistics and procurement. Keeps the ship stocked and supplied, legally or otherwise. A master of subterfuge, negotiation, and shady dealings.

The Void Master - An expert pilot, capable of controlling everything from vast spacecraft to smaller fighters and dropships. The helmsman of the ship.

Navigator - Imperium sanctioned mutants, Navigators all possess a third eye on their forehead that allows them to perceive the dangers of the warp, and help ships navigate through it. Essential to the survival of the Imperium, they are held in high regard. They possess great powers of perception in addition to their navigational skill.

Astropath - A powerful psychic capable of using long-range telepathic communications where traditional electronic means of communication fail. In addition, Astropaths have a variety of psychic powers from energy blasts and force waves to protective forcefields and lightning, much like a sanctioned Battle Psyker.

Arch-Militant - A master of combat, generally hailing from long and distinguished service in the Imperial Guard, or occasionally as a Space Marine. They are experts of warfare, and generally the primary fighting force of the party.

These are just a few examples, and just about any character concept can be made to work. Some other ideas may include: Inquisitor, Assassin, Techpriest, Missionary, or even various forms of mutants and aliens. Remember, Rogue Traders don't follow the same rules as the Imperium, so it's common to see mutant crew members, or even such aliens as Kroot mercenaries, Tau soldiers, Eldar rangers, hive gangers, or worse. Even Dark Eldar Cabalites and Wyches, or perhaps even more cooperative Chaos Daemons or Warp-touched might be on board (though perhaps under careful scrutiny). Feel free to send me any concept you might have, and I'll tell you if it's alright or not!

What about adult aspects?

This being Elliquiy, not all of us are going to be satisfied with constant war and bloodshed. We need some hot sex as well! Adult interaction is welcomed and encouraged. While it might not have a place in a traditional Warhammer scenario, Rogue Trader has the freedom and flexibility to allow that kind of thing. Romancing a gorgeous alien diplomat? Seducing a planetary governor? Rough and sexy interrogation of prisoners? Paying an exotic mutant prostitute for his/her service? Some non-consensual play at the hands of vicious aliens? It's all fine with me. Of course, we will take the various limits of applicants in to consideration, and see what everyone is comfortable with so we can establish boundaries. Rest assured, though, we shall try to cater to everyone's desires!

To better determine everyone’s limits, likes and dislikes for GM purposes, and for the purposes of determining board placement, I’m going to post a little form that I’d like you all to fill out. I’m going to propose a few things that might occur, and you can tell me where it’s a yes or a no for you, both for your character, and whether you mind having it happen to other characters in the RP (leaving you out of it.
So! Here we go. Are you okay with:

Bondage? (Yes/No for yourself, Yes/No do you want it in the RP at all)
Non-consent?
Interracial (Humanoid races)?
Really interracial (non-humanoid races)?
Group sex?
Bisexuality?
Any specific things you want to have included?
Any specific things you don’t want to have included?

Filling this out would be very helpful for me to figure out what my audience is like. Please PM it to me (that way it remains confidential in case you’d like something excluded) and I’ll get in touch to discuss anything that needs clarification.

How do I apply?

So glad you asked! If you're interested in joining, feel free to post here and say so. If you're really serious, however, you may prove it by filling out the following character application for, and submitting it to me by PM!

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] Human, Mutant, Xeno, etc.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Picture is mandatory here. Feel free to use real photos or artwork. Written description may accompany the picture.
[b]Role:[/b] Your function on the ship. Navigator, pilot, soldier, mercenary, etc.
[b]Skills:[/b] Any important skills or abilities your character might possess. Some description would be nice.
[b]Background:[/b] A history of the character. A brief mention of how or where they might have been picked up or recruited would be helpful. Feel free to PM me or post here to discuss this and brainstorm.
[b]Arms and Equipment:[/b] Any weapons, tools and gear your character is prone to carry. This is not set in stone - The ship will be stocked with odds and ends if you forget something.
[b]Ons:[/b] Any kinks, turn-ons, or general likes (of the sexual nature) your character might have
[b]Offs:[/b] Any turn-offs your character might have.

Questions?

If you need clarification on anything at all, please do PM me or post here, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! For those interested in the setting and seeking more information, please refer to this wiki page, which contains (probably) everything you will ever need to know!

Look forward to gaming with you all!

***Update: We currently have all the characters I'm looking to start with. I may allow more as the game goes on, so feel free to register your interest in this thread anyway! If you do so, you'll be the first to know if more slots open up. Thanks for the interest!***

So theres a character sheet in that quote from RedMoon, if your interested, come post a filled out one on the OOC Thread

arkhos

Quote from: IrishWolf on August 09, 2013, 07:16:01 PM

....meeting foul xenos and more then likely, killing them, lol.

I knew it, you bastage! I knew you were plotting all along!!!

;)

:)

Hopefully we can drum up another person or two! :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

IrishWolf

Keep up with the lip Xenos and there might be a case of "friendly fire" coming your way, the Emperor willing of course.

Primarch

I do enjoy some occasional Rogue Trader. What does the party already have? Might be interested in Navigator or Arch-Militant.

IrishWolf

We currently have an Arch-Militant, two Militants and a Navigator

PaladinZenaku

I have been watching your RP for awhile and tried to get in but redmoon quit before sending me a invite.
Roy Benard AKA Crimson Iris
Name:Roy Bernard
Race: Human, Adeptus Astartes
Appearance:

Role: Arch Miliant
Skills: Melee combat, Boarding Tactics, Raiding
Background: Roy was born into a small family of a Rogue traders. Roy lived a normal childhood up to his 16th birthday where a dark eldar raiding party killed everyone on his fathers ship before a nearby Imperial ship came to aid. Badly wounded and the sole survivor of a rogue trader family, Roy was given a opportunity to become a space marine to save his life and continue his familys warrant to trade. Knowing this is a chance of a lifetime, he took the deal. After multiple decades of work, Roy finally became a astartes but at a cost. What he didnt know was the person who gave him this gift was a radical inquisitor that wanted payment back. Roy then had to live his life repaying the debt he owed.

One day while docked with the inquisitor's vessel, one ork Kill Kroozer warped in and began to attack bothships. The light Inquisitor vessel fell quick from the rokkit barrage from the Kroozer. While Roys ship held togother except for the crew which was thrown around. After the last round hit, boarding partys began to invade the small ship. Nothing could stop them until they reached the bridge where a large armored figure drew a power sword and began carving through the horde. Luck happened to be on Roys side that day due to in the kroozer a ork watched through a window at the carnage of a reactor explosion from the inquisitors ship but his view got blocked by a curious groot. The mad ork  picked the groot up and threw him across the room where the groot landed on the warp button which teleported the ship to a random location away from Roys ship which was now leaking atmo due to the kroozer warping took part of the ship with it aswell. With a piece of the ship left and minor orks to deal with the day was won.

After  sealing the ship off, Roy activated a distress beacon and awaited help. For 23 hours Roy waited with the remaining 39 crewmen he had left until another rogue trader ship arrived to assist. Roy knowing he was without a ship decided to merge his crew with the other trader and act as a head secruity for the trader.
Arms and Equipment:  When he was found he had the minimum armourment. Dark grey painted Mark 7 Power Armor with gold trim, Bolt Pistol and Power sword
Ons: If it has a woman (Tau, Eldar, Human) in it I am game even if it is Bondage, Domination, Foreplay, Teasing,or Submission.
Offs: M/M is the only thing I could thing of
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

zergmuncher

Would a necron be able to join in on this? If not i'd like to play a tau.

IrishWolf

We will look at your character PaladinZenaku and let you know.

zergmuncher, as cool as robot zombies who hate the living are, I dont a necron would fit it. Tau might be a better choice

Primarch

Been flicking over my Rogue Trader book. Is there space for another Navigator?

IrishWolf

Well I would think so. Our current navigator is Anette Camelia DeSoloc of house DeSoloc, played by JohnTheGreat, if you want to get in contact with him and talk it over.

BraveEarth

What kind of ship is it? (Maybe interested in a Void Master position.)

Primarch

Character below. I must pop away for just a few moments but I'll PM John when I get back.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Crassus Belisarius, House Belisarius

Race: Human (Navigator Mutant)

Role: Navigator

Skills: Crassus is a fully trained Navigator, capable of using the warp and directing ships through it. He can navigate both the warp and standard stellar voyages. Aside from his Navigator trainings, he is highly educated especially concerning matters of the Navis Nobilite, Astromancy & the Imperial Navy. He has been educated on certain matters (concerning the warp and mutants) to a degree generally considered 'forbidden' outside of the Navigator families. He speaks Low & High Gothic, plus several informal languages used by discreet groups (such as the secret tongues of Navigators, Rogue Traders and certain Ciphers). He has been trained extensively in self-defense and combat, both out of Noble duty and as practical preparedness. Lastly, as a member of House Belisarius, his name can open certain doors that would otherwise be closed. 

Background: Born and raised in the House Belisarius compound in the Navigator's Quarter of Holy Terra. Many believe being born into extreme wealth makes life easy. It did not for Crassus. While it was true he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, it was expected and required of him to uphold the reputation of one of the Imperium's oldest Navigator Houses and that involved extreme and intensive education. Every moment of every day was scheduled and prepared for, there was exceedingly little in the way of what one might call 'wiggle room' for matters of personal interest. Over the years however personal interest and family interest merged into something he accepted in his life.

Once silly concerns such as 'personal freedom' were out of his mind he proceed to accept his destiny as a Navigator of House Belisarius. Once he was deemed prepared he performed his first true duties for the family escorting his elder sister to Fenris, the Space Wolves have long been an ally of House Belisarius and there was always a reason for the two to meet, be it business or otherwise. Old oaths were remembered most keenly. While it was a routine mission for the family, it was his chance to gain valuable experience. Although he was largely silent for the proceedings while his sister renewed the old alliance, his venture to the Fang...affected him.

While life in space was dangerous, life at home was much more so. Every meeting and word exchanged had layers of undertones and political intrigue was as common as breathing. The families were all friends at first glance but once one learned to read between the lines they learned a great deal about the relationships of Navigator families. As the years passed however Crassus found himself having less interested in his increasingly rare visits to the homeland, prefering to be out on great voyage. Navigating the stars and the warp, crossing blades with everything from petty bandits to the dark eldar. That was what his life was meant to be! While there were certain joys of being at home, such as the relations organised by the Sisters of the Ordo Famulous to try arrange a marriage between powerful figures, there was something more appealing to sneaking a similar specimen to his private cabin on a ship.

The particulars of what led Crassus to board the Rogue Trader Vessel of Matthias Kohler are unclear, some say his decision to do so co-incides with a visit from the Inquisition, others say it was entirely a self-initiated venture. Whatever the truth of the matter is, he sought the Captain and offered his services.   

Arms and Equipment: Crassus is generally seen wearing Nobilite Robes and a silk headscarf to cover his third eye, a Master-Crafted Power Sword and an equally impressive Bolt Pistol hang from his waist. In times when he is outright expecting combat, he leaves the fancy robes behind and opts for the finest flak coat money can buy over a suit of xenos-mesh.   

Ons: Confident women, Eldar, foreplay, risk of being caught, group

Offs: Bathroom/gore

IrishWolf

We are flying around in a Sword-Class Frigate BraveEarth.

Thank you for the character Primarch, I will talk it over with my compatriots and get back to you as soon as possible.

IrishWolf

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on August 10, 2013, 11:32:57 AM
I have been watching your RP for awhile and tried to get in but redmoon quit before sending me a invite.
Appearance:

Role: Arch Miliant
Background: Roy was born into a small family of a Rogue traders. Roy lived a normal childhood up to his 16th birthday where a dark eldar raiding party killed everyone on his fathers ship before a nearby Imperial ship came to aid. Badly wounded and the sole survivor of a rogue trader family, Roy was given a opportunity to become a space marine to save his life and continue his familys warrant to trade. Knowing this is a chance of a lifetime, he took the deal. After multiple decades of work, Roy finally became a astartes but at a cost. What he didnt know was the person who gave him this gift was a radical inquisitor that wanted payment back. Roy then had to live his life repaying the debt he owed.

One day while docked with the inquisitor's vessel, one ork Kill Kroozer warped in and began to attack bothships. The light Inquisitor vessel fell quick from the rokkit barrage from the Kroozer. While Roys ship held togother except for the crew which was thrown around. After the last round hit, boarding partys began to invade the small ship. Nothing could stop them until they reached the bridge where a large armored figure drew a power sword and began carving through the horde. Luck happened to be on Roys side that day due to in the kroozer a ork watched through a window at the carnage of a reactor explosion from the inquisitors ship but his view got blocked by a curious groot. The mad ork  picked the groot up and threw him across the room where the groot landed on the warp button which teleported the ship to a random location away from Roys ship which was now leaking atmo due to the kroozer warping took part of the ship with it aswell. With a piece of the ship left and minor orks to deal with the day was won.

After  sealing the ship off, Roy activated a distress beacon and awaited help. For 23 hours Roy waited with the remaining 39 crewmen he had left until another rogue trader ship arrived to assist. Roy knowing he was without a ship decided to merge his crew with the other trader and act as a head secruity for the trader.
Arms and Equipment:  When he was found he had the minimum armourment. Dark grey painted Mark 7 Power Armor with gold trim, Bolt Pistol and Power sword
Ons: If it has a woman (Tau, Eldar, Human) in it I am game even if it is Bondage, Domination, Foreplay, Teasing,or Submission.

So PaladinZenaku, we've talked it over and the answer at this point is no. We already have an Arch Miliant and while two of something never hurts most of the time, two Arch Miliants would be confusion in battle. There are also some issues with the character's background, mostly with his being a Space Marine and a Rogue Trader at the same time.

IrishWolf

Quote from: Primarch on August 10, 2013, 04:00:11 PM
Character below. I must pop away for just a few moments but I'll PM John when I get back.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Crassus Belisarius, House Belisarius

Race: Human (Navigator Mutant)

Role: Navigator

Skills: Crassus is a fully trained Navigator, capable of using the warp and directing ships through it. He can navigate both the warp and standard stellar voyages. Aside from his Navigator trainings, he is highly educated especially concerning matters of the Navis Nobilite, Astromancy & the Imperial Navy. He has been educated on certain matters (concerning the warp and mutants) to a degree generally considered 'forbidden' outside of the Navigator families. He speaks Low & High Gothic, plus several informal languages used by discreet groups (such as the secret tongues of Navigators, Rogue Traders and certain Ciphers). He has been trained extensively in self-defense and combat, both out of Noble duty and as practical preparedness. Lastly, as a member of House Belisarius, his name can open certain doors that would otherwise be closed. 

Background: Born and raised in the House Belisarius compound in the Navigator's Quarter of Holy Terra. Many believe being born into extreme wealth makes life easy. It did not for Crassus. While it was true he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, it was expected and required of him to uphold the reputation of one of the Imperium's oldest Navigator Houses and that involved extreme and intensive education. Every moment of every day was scheduled and prepared for, there was exceedingly little in the way of what one might call 'wiggle room' for matters of personal interest. Over the years however personal interest and family interest merged into something he accepted in his life.

Once silly concerns such as 'personal freedom' were out of his mind he proceed to accept his destiny as a Navigator of House Belisarius. Once he was deemed prepared he performed his first true duties for the family escorting his elder sister to Fenris, the Space Wolves have long been an ally of House Belisarius and there was always a reason for the two to meet, be it business or otherwise. Old oaths were remembered most keenly. While it was a routine mission for the family, it was his chance to gain valuable experience. Although he was largely silent for the proceedings while his sister renewed the old alliance, his venture to the Fang...affected him.

While life in space was dangerous, life at home was much more so. Every meeting and word exchanged had layers of undertones and political intrigue was as common as breathing. The families were all friends at first glance but once one learned to read between the lines they learned a great deal about the relationships of Navigator families. As the years passed however Crassus found himself having less interested in his increasingly rare visits to the homeland, prefering to be out on great voyage. Navigating the stars and the warp, crossing blades with everything from petty bandits to the dark eldar. That was what his life was meant to be! While there were certain joys of being at home, such as the relations organised by the Sisters of the Ordo Famulous to try arrange a marriage between powerful figures, there was something more appealing to sneaking a similar specimen to his private cabin on a ship.

The particulars of what led Crassus to board the Rogue Trader Vessel of Matthias Kohler are unclear, some say his decision to do so co-incides with a visit from the Inquisition, others say it was entirely a self-initiated venture. Whatever the truth of the matter is, he sought the Captain and offered his services.   

Arms and Equipment: Crassus is generally seen wearing Nobilite Robes and a silk headscarf to cover his third eye, a Master-Crafted Power Sword and an equally impressive Bolt Pistol hang from his waist. In times when he is outright expecting combat, he leaves the fancy robes behind and opts for the finest flak coat money can buy over a suit of xenos-mesh.   

Ons: Confident women, Eldar, foreplay, risk of being caught, group

Offs: Bathroom/gore

Alright Primarch, we will be accepting Crassus. Feel free to post his sheet in the Offical Character Thread and come join us in the OOC Thread

PaladinZenaku

Ok reworked it so it should be better.
Appearance:

Role: Miliant
Background: Roy was like most other astartes. Being taken as a child and raised in battle. He was exceptial at boarding partys and CQC. Soon after he became a full astartes Roys chapter fell into chaos worship. Still loyal to the emperor, Roy was given a chance to redeem himself by being the miliant for a rogue trader. It was a boring job that discussed him at first due to having to play nice with xenos but he soon learned to trust them enough to fight alongside them. One day while docked with resupply ship, a ork Kill Kroozer warped in and began to attack bothships. The light freighter fell quick from the rokkit barrage from the Kroozer. While traders ship held togother except for the crew which was thrown around. After the last round hit, boarding partys began to invade the small ship. Nothing could stop them until they reached the bridge where a large armored figure drew a power sword and began carving through the horde. Luck happened to be on Roys side that day due to in the kroozer a ork watched through a window at the carnage of a reactor explosion from the freighter but his view got blocked by a curious groot. The mad ork picked the groot up and threw him across the room where the groot landed on the warp button which teleported the ship to a random location away from Roys ship which was now leaking atmo due to the kroozer warping took part of the ship with it aswell. After sealing the ship off, Roy activated a distress beacon and awaited help. For 23 hours Roy waited with the remaining 39 crewmen he had left until a rogue trader ship arrived to assist. Roy knowing the trader he was sent to protect was dead he decided to offer his service to the new trader.
Arms and Equipment:  When he was found he had the minimum armourment. Dark grey painted Mark 7 Power Armor with gold trim, Bolter, Bolt Pistol and Power sword
If this still isnt good I will try another character other than a astartes.
~Shadowfang~

apostateCourier

I wouldn't mind throwing together a Seneschal if this still has room.  Or, if someone wouldn't mind helping me out with the rules, an Eldar would be fun.  I don't have the book that's in (if any), though, so I would need rules assistance there.

IrishWolf

We are reviewing the character PaladinZenaku

We still have room apostateCourier and a Seneschal  would be awesome. If you need any background fluff about the Eldar, I would use Lexicanum or shoot a PM over to arkhos, our resident Eldar (the filthy xenos scum).

IrishWolf

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on August 11, 2013, 10:11:18 AM
Ok reworked it so it should be better.
Appearance:

Role: Miliant
Background: Roy was like most other astartes. Being taken as a child and raised in battle. He was exceptial at boarding partys and CQC. Soon after he became a full astartes Roys chapter fell into chaos worship. Still loyal to the emperor, Roy was given a chance to redeem himself by being the miliant for a rogue trader. It was a boring job that discussed him at first due to having to play nice with xenos but he soon learned to trust them enough to fight alongside them. One day while docked with resupply ship, a ork Kill Kroozer warped in and began to attack bothships. The light freighter fell quick from the rokkit barrage from the Kroozer. While traders ship held togother except for the crew which was thrown around. After the last round hit, boarding partys began to invade the small ship. Nothing could stop them until they reached the bridge where a large armored figure drew a power sword and began carving through the horde. Luck happened to be on Roys side that day due to in the kroozer a ork watched through a window at the carnage of a reactor explosion from the freighter but his view got blocked by a curious groot. The mad ork picked the groot up and threw him across the room where the groot landed on the warp button which teleported the ship to a random location away from Roys ship which was now leaking atmo due to the kroozer warping took part of the ship with it aswell. After sealing the ship off, Roy activated a distress beacon and awaited help. For 23 hours Roy waited with the remaining 39 crewmen he had left until a rogue trader ship arrived to assist. Roy knowing the trader he was sent to protect was dead he decided to offer his service to the new trader.
Arms and Equipment:  When he was found he had the minimum armourment. Dark grey painted Mark 7 Power Armor with gold trim, Bolter, Bolt Pistol and Power sword
If this still isnt good I will try another character other than a astartes.

Alright PaladinZenaku, we've been talking it over and while we find that this edited version of your Space Marine is better then before, he still feels wrong, especially when your backstory for him, is saying that he's been allowed to roam free, without battlebrothers, aboard a ship basically outside of Imperial Law, when he's coming from a character fallen to Chaos.

HairyHeretic

If you don't mind an outsider tossing in something here ...

Wolfblade - The Wolfblade is an ancient honour guard of Space Wolves that are sent to Terra to protect the ancient Navigator House of Belisarius, long-time allies of the Chapter. They train the Celestarch of Belisarius's House troops and lead them into battle. They act as his strong right arm when there is need. They slay his enemies in open battle and by stealth if need be. This pact's origins are lost to legend, but the most commonly accepted version of the story dates it from the time of the Great Crusade and the friendship between Primarch Leman Russ and Alexander Belisarius. Belisarius was a Navigator of genius, who aided Russ on many of his adventures. On the day of the Feast of the Founding they are said to have sworn a pact of eternal friendship. As a sign of this friendship, the Belisarius family agreed to provide Navigators for the Chapter in perpetuam, in return for the Space Wolves' martial aid. An entire Pack of Space Wolves would accompany the Celestarch of the House Belisarius as his bodyguard. Given the fractious nature of the Navigator Houses of the Navis Nobilite, and a commercial rivalry which, at that time, could result in conflicts as large as wars, this was an alliance of vast importance for the Navigators. The Space Wolves still enjoy a close bond to House Belisarius, an alliance between a Navigator House and a Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes shared only by the Blood Ravens, White Scars, and Blood Angels Chapters.

The Marine could be part of a similar detachment, perhaps the last surviving one, after some battle / disaster destroyed the rest. While on a decades long detachment, the rest of his chapter is lost / destroyed / whatever. With no chapter to return to, he renews his oath to the navigator house as the sole survivor of his chapter. They were promised a detachment in perpetuam, well, that's him.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

PaladinZenaku

Irishwolf-I am having issues with my lore on warhammer 40k. There is just too many things to it to make a good background without messing something up.

Hariyheretic-That actually sounds like it would work. If they would allow it I will begin writing it in. I was going to play him like he was from a minor subchapter of the space wolves. He would actually come from the Poseidon's Dragons chapter which is a salamanders subchapter.
~Shadowfang~

HairyHeretic

The chapter itself isn't that important, I simply wanted to offer a canon approach to how your character could be there. I've been playing 40k since there was a 40k to play, and the lore and background is what keeps me playing :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

IrishWolf

HairyHeretic, I bow before your wisdom. The Space Wolves happen to be one of the few Space marine chapters I like and I should have remembered the Wolfblade and suggested it.

It has been a lore thing, PaladinZenaku. A rich lore, like what 40k has can lead to pitfalls, like what you've been running into but more often, it can enhance. If you wanted to take the advice of HairyHeretic and be a survivor of some navigator's bodyguard, I''m pretty sure you'd get accepted.

In fact, as of a recent vote by the four of us running the game and a luckily role of the dice, the civilian ship we're about to board, as been damaged and boarded by Ork Freebooterz. I believe we're running with the ship was able to jump away but the Orks will not be far behind and there are sill some boarding parties running rampant within the ship. If you wanted to play your character as being aboard that ship and joining forces with us after we have a nice fight....I think it could work. It will all be about how you write it up. Your character is almost two hundred years old, don't be afraid of writing up a nice long bio.

Primarch

Another option would be a Deathwatch Kill-Marine. Being a Space Marine trained to work solo-missions it would give an easy, lore-friendly answer to a single Space Marine operating away from his chapter for an extended period. Its also one of the suggested character types when people want to cross over the Death Watch & Rogue Trader games, as a Kill-Marine "may spend extended periods of time in the company of such individuals (Rogue Trader & Crew) and accompany them on many adventures, aiding them in whatever endeavours they might undertake."

So basically if his Space Marine just happened to be a Deathwatch Kill-Marine and just happened to be aboard the ship we're all about to go onto, it would be standard protocol for him to help us out while we go on our adventure, so long as we dropped him off somewhere on the way back so he could head back to the Watch-Fortress of the Deathwatch.

On the opposite side, his character is listed as having minimum equipment, but carrying around a bolt pistol, a powersword & a bolter looks like he's over-equipped. Not to mention in a game like this its probably important to mention his equipment is 'Astartes Bolter' and 'Astartes Powersword' etc, as it would be a different model type built to fit his large, power armour clad hands as opposed to standard human hands. 

PaladinZenaku

I will go after the navigators bodyguard route because I know deathwatch is the ordo xenos chamber miliant which means they hate xenos and will try to kill them on sight unless a inquisitor says not to.

EDIT:
I know the Inquisition more than anything else in the 40k universe because I am a fan of the grey knights but I do agree on the table top they are overpowered against anything that isnt a demon.
~Shadowfang~