A Fleet Like No Other! Sci-Fi Starship-mashup interest check. (All welcome)

Started by Robelwell202, February 02, 2014, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robelwell202

Have you ever wanted to be the captain of a ship that's part of your favorite sci-fi?   Perhaps a Constitution-class cruiser from Star Trek?  Maybe a Firefly-class?

Take your pick, and join the fleet like no other!

This idea's been floating in my head for some time.  Through some quirk of stellar-FTL physics (Warp drive, hyperspace, what have you), several ships from different dimensions in the multiverse are thrown together to ply the stars, and take on the enemies of goodness and nicety in this particular corner of the 'verse (to be plotted and discussed).  The rules and considerations are simple.  Each player chooses a ship they want to play, and they, in turn, take on the role of that ship's captain, with the crew of that ship being indirect NPCs to be played by them as well.

For example, I'll be using an Orion-class Battlestar from the new BSG, called Battlestar Ares (BS-69).  My primary role will be of that ship's commander, and I'll take on the 'duty' of running the XO, CIC-crew, CAG, and whoever else is on that ship, as the need presents.

Now, on to the rules.

No famous ships: No, Captain Kirk and his trusty Enterprise are not available.  That's not to say that there aren't other Constitution-class ships out there.  An original ship-name, and an original commanding officer/crew are needed.

No SUPER ships:  While I can see an Imperial Star Destroyer as a possible candidate, I can't see a Super Star Destroyer.  Keep it real, folks, and keep it fun. (ALL SHIP PROPOSALS TO BE APPROVED BY ME, ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS)

Keep it real, please:  Please, let's not have some uber-quick helmsman with a tricky FTL finger flipping all through the local sector, seeming to appear everyplace at once.  We want realism, not god-modding.  Every ship has it's Achilles heel, right?

Interest should be put up in this thread, with character/ship proposals sent to me via PM for approval.  I need ship statistics, and a short bio of the commanding officer.

Thanks, folks!
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Mac84

Mtpersson

Robelwell202

Not as such, yet.  I'd like to get a few interested people to discuss ideas with, first.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Neysha

My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Robelwell202

Quote from: Neysha on February 02, 2014, 03:18:39 PM
I got ideas, and I'm interested!

Welcome aboard!   Send me a PM wth your ship idea, as well as the other ideas you might have.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Robelwell202

ADDENDUM:   For all ship-approval requests, please add a pic of the requested ship, so I have a frame of reference.  Thanks!

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Neysha

Alrighty, it'll have to wait till after the Superbowl though.  ;)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Robelwell202

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Mac84

Hey Rob, I would also suggest that for the Ship, A link to the Tech sheet is a must

Maybe a quick bio on the Captain, and XO, and other notable crewmembers.

Robelwell202

Yeah, Mac.   All players need to submit stats and a pic of their ship, and once they're approved, the players will be able to put that info up in an OOC ship-directory thread that I'll be starting.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Mac84

Plot Idea: XD

Among the multiverse, a great evil is starting to spread. Like a festering Malignancy is corrupts all it touches. In one universe, there is a Queen/Princess/Sorceress that is sensitive to this evil. Feeling drawing nearer to her Home. Using her power, she reaches out into the multiverse for those that would come to her aid. Reaching valiant, and courageous warriors to do battle to save the rest of the Mulitverse.

what do you think?

Robelwell202

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Robelwell202

Folks, with the lack of interest, I' afraid I'll have to call this idea Dead On Arrival.

For those that did show interest, I thank you.

Maybe some time in the future.

O/O
A/A
Ideas