Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

Coolio.  I've had a ridiculous couple of weeks at work and this is my first day off for a while (despite being on a 20 hour contract).  So I'm gonna go for a run then spend half a day in the bath.  On my return I shall get you started in the game.

Ilasandra

Okie dokie. No rush, I'll just get myself all cozy in this thread.

Blythe

Welcome aboard, Ilasandra! Looking forward to seeing your character, Nova, in the RP!  :-)

EDIT: I meant "your" and not "you." Argh, why do I stay up so late to type and respond to posts?  :'(

Kythia

Right *cracks knuckles*

Time to get caught up, starting with you lovely people.

Rook Seidhr

Kythia

OK.  Got distracted but massive response is up.  Ilasandra - let me know if that's not how you envisage Nova.  If its not, don't bother replying and I'll put something new together.

Ilasandra

Nope that sounds perfectly fine to me. Do I jump in now and have Nova approach?

Ilasandra

Oh! Thanks for all the warm welcomes too. ^.^

Kythia

Yeah, just jump on in.  You're under no obligation to approach the guy but I won't lie - it would make things easier for me if you did ;D

Ilasandra

Kythia

And congratulations on your approval.  Welcome to E!

Kythia

Kay, I'm home alone this weekend and going out with the girls tonight to bring shame on the house of Kythia. Hangover allowing, I'll get some replies up tomorrow.

dude

Kythia

Embarassing loss at home to Hull.  Figure you all need 2 xp to get over the disappointment.  I'll add it to your sheets at some point.  As should be clear, hangover didn't permit a reply yesterday but will get one up later tonight.

And hi dude.

Remiel

I've never heard of Hull.

So what you're saying is that you lot lost to a team I've never heard of, right?

Kythia

Pretty much.  The thrust of my statement is indeed "Remiel is an idiot who has never heard of Hull.  We should mock him for his lack of knowledge of northern towns."

Rook Seidhr

Do we get extra XP for helping mock Remiel?

Kythia

Yup.

Bonus points if you can make him cry.

Ilasandra

I don't watch a lot of football, but my mom is really into all that stuff. She has her own fantasy football league. When I do watch, I tend to root for ManU or Liverpool. She's an Aston Villa kinda gal. :]

Now for the XP, do we just drop that on any skill or is it for the main four?

Kythia

Didn't realise you were over here, Ilasandra.  Was a good game against Villa last week, think the rematch is in February.  If they can get back their form then it should be a tough game, looked incredible against Arsenal and then kinda collapsed.

Anyway.

Raising a skill costs one xp, raising a stat costs two.  Buying a new skill costs 10xp and the skill starts at ten.  I may want you to take some in game actions to justify a new skill, let me know in advance.  Remember skills cant exceed their governing stat.

Rook Seidhr

Can we go over 55 now that the game's underway, or is that still a limit in addition to the governing stat?

Ilasandra

Pfft, I wish I was over there. My mom has friends she visit two a year for a couple of weeks. She said she would take me one time, but I think she's lying. XD Nah, I'm in the lovely US.

Ok, I level my conceal and dodge skills. Do they go up just one point? Also for my mind check, I just use the dice bot right? Give it a 100 sides and send it to you.

Kythia

Riveda - yeah, feel free to go over 55 now, so long as its still not over the governing stat.

Ilasandra - ah, gotcha.  Good to see the might of the Premier League is recognised over in the colonies, at least.  Greatest show on Earth.  I'll adjust your sheet now to talk account of the spend and yeah, just use the dicebot.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Kythia on September 23, 2013, 03:02:38 AM
Riveda - yeah, feel free to go over 55 now, so long as its still not over the governing stat.

Ilasandra - ah, gotcha.  Good to see the might of the Premier League is recognized over in the colonies, at least.  Greatest show on Earth.  I'll adjust your sheet now to talk account of the spend and yeah, just use the dicebot.
Pretty sure we stopped being a colony over 200 years ago. Just saying.  ;D