News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Hmmm....

Started by ManofDawnLight, September 27, 2014, 02:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManofDawnLight

Is anyone else noticing a general lack of participation in their stories, both receiving and giving?  Or am I the only one feeling this way?  Or worse, am I chasing people away?  Hopefully not the last one.
Short stories for now.  Light posts.

I am returning slowly.

Oniya

I've seen a number of my partners and friends expressing stress, general malaise, lack of muse, and other RL concerns in their A/As.  I think it's the season.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Periodically people go through low periods of activity and desire to write.  Sometimes this comes along with the start of a school year, bad weather, change of seasons and things like that.  The best thing to do is be patient, socialize in some of the friendly game threads and try to find a lighter mood.  When the malaise passes things will more than likely go on an upswing.

Xurtan

I haven't noticed that myself (yet) but I've seen it happen before. I blame September, it's a weird month. The holidays are coming faster than expected, school and such is going on, people are stressing. Once everyone gets into the swing of things it will calm down, I expect.