Roleplay with KK_Slider! [SFW + NSFW]

Started by KKSlider, June 20, 2021, 07:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KKSlider

Welcome to KK Slider's Recruitment Thread!

[/size]Recruitment Status: [/size]Currently Looking!

[/size]WHO AM I?
It's wonderful to meet you all! My name is KKSlider! Thank you for coming and taking some of your precious time to come and read this recruitment thread! I'll try to keep things nice and simple, short and sweet. I should note that there will be a pop quiz somewhere in this thread, so pay attention! *wink, wink* Let's get started, shall we?

What can you expect from me, as a writing partner? I enjoy writing in third-person, past tense, as I feel it allows me more freedom when writing, and it I think it sounds more professional. No disrespect to other styles of writing, though! When it comes to post size, I typically write 2 or 3 good paragraphs, depending on what's happening in the story, and if there's a need for more detail. It also tends to vary based on the person - If my partner likes to write more, I'm usually inclined to put in more effort, up to a certain extent - writing novels per post tends to drain me of energy more quickly, so there may be more time in between replies. But that can be a very fun style, and can produce wonderful stories!

Usually, my typical reply rate is once a day. Again, this depends on how much effort goes into each post, and how many plots I'm involved in. But I'm really very good at communication, and if something comes up, you'll be the first to know about it. Sometimes I can get in quite a few posts per day, and other days I'm pretty busy and might not be able to manage one. I'm a pretty patient person, and don't mind waiting for replies either, so you don't have to worry about that, I'm really a very chill and relaxed person!

One other thing that I really enjoy from my writing partners (but don't require!), and very much hope to build with you, is a line of communication outside of the roleplay. I want to get to know you. I want to be able to talk about ideas, bounce (sometimes silly) plot twists back and forth, discuss worldbuilding ideas, characters, anything! I've found that when I am able to get to know my partner outside of the roleplay,  we get along better, and are more invested in the world we're building together. Tell me about your day if you want to! I want to hear about that bit of exciting news so I can celebrate it with you! If something is bothering you, I'm more than happy to listen, and be supportive! You're a real person with real emotions and feelings, not just some random stranger behind a screen and a name. I care about the people I write with, and want to help contribute to a positive experience. Again, I want to stress that if you're not comfortable with that, it's perfectly fine. It's just something I enjoy, and want to cultivate.

"But KK!" I hear you ask, "You haven't told me anything about the actual Roleplays yet!".

To which I reply, "Yes, I know, the good part is coming now."

[/size]Roleplay Preferences
[/size]When it comes to roleplaying, there are many ways in which I like to build a story. We can take a general concept and build specifics around it, or we can start with a specific idea, and build a general world and setting around that idea! There are other ways too, but generally I don't have super specific "plots" I want to follow. I want you to be a part of the creative process, and work together to build something both of us will really enjoy. I can certainly provide plot ideas, but I don't want to be the only one contributing to such major parts of the story. Who am I to tell you who or what I want you to play? That's your privilege!

When it comes to smut or sexuality in roleplays, I have this view: Smut is to roleplays what spices are in cooking. You can't make a whole fulfilling meal out of just spices, it lacks the meat you need to really make it hearty! Just the same way, I don't enjoy roleplays that are nothing but smut. I get bored quickly. I need that deeper element of purpose, goals, trials and tribulations. If those foundational elements aren't there, the writing gets stagnant and crumbles. That being said, I am also VERY okay with plots that contain no sexual or adult content. If you want to do something completely SFW, I'm totally down to have an awesome family friendly adventure. Some of my favorite plots were done this way!

I don't care what your gender/sexual preference/race/anything is in the real world - none of that matters when you're writing a fictional character. You can be a Lord/Lady/Liege or even a Lemur for all I care! As long as you're able to contribute, that's what matters!

I don't really have a preference for where we roleplay. I do use Discord, and think that's a great way to manage inventory and keep up with everything, but if you want to do something here, by all means, that's fine with me.

Okay. It's time. The thing you've all been waiting for! Plot ideas and requests!

[/size]PLOT IDEAS AND CRAVINGS!There are a few plots/ideas that I'm particularly interested in right now. But if you have other ideas, I'm MORE than happy to discuss!

• Harry Potter - I'm a huge HP nerd, and I've always wanted to do a really good plot in this world. Unfortunately, none of the ones I've tried have turned out well. Think you could make it work? I'm all ears!
  • Star Wars - I've wanted to do a roleplay based on the Jedi Purge - taking place during / between Episode 3 and Episode 4, this plot would explore the galaxy during the time of the Jedi Purge and Order 66. But since I'm such a nerd, any other time or plot would be serviceable. Is the Force with you today?
  • Post Apocalyptical - I'd be interested in doing something in a post apocalyptic world. I'm open to interpretation on what this means, we can discuss details. Could be Sci-Fi, High Fantasy, or realistic fiction. Think you have what it takes to survive where not many could?
  • Psychological Horror - I'm intrigued by psychological horror elements, and would be interested in building a plot around this. Could it be a supernatural haunting? Something like exploring an abandoned asylum? Tomb-raiding? Some sort of stalking threat? An unknown alien presence? What haunts your nightmares?
  • High Fantasy D&D style - I'm hella down for a wild fantasy ride! Let's do some crazy shit, yeah? The Rule Of Cool(tm) is always a fantastic way to do a roleplay.

[/size]Wrap UpThank you for taking the time to read all of this! If you're interested, please reach out to me via PM, and we can discuss ideas! I'll be updating this thread as time goes by, so hopefully it'll get better and better!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." ~Aldous Huxley

Spectre Pathfinder

I'd be interested in Star Wars or Post Apocalyptical.I am reminded of a fantasy scifi zombie rp I was in numerous years ago that suddenly died. I played an elf if I remember right.