What the Great Oak Seeks! (Themes & Pairings)

Started by theoakenchilde, June 24, 2012, 03:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoakenchilde

[Sought Scenes & Pairings]

If interested, please respond to this thread with what you're interested in trying out; I will PM you from there!

Scenes/Themes

• Post-apocalyptic/atom-punk/dystopian.
    Refer to such films (or television series', respectively) as:

Tank Girl, A Boy and His Dog, Mad Max, Jericho, District 13, Soylent Green, Total Recall, and 1984.
  • Zombie apocalypse/survival horror. Playing as either humans or the resurrected is acceptable.
    Refer to such films (or games/television series', respectively) as:
    The Walking Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Dead Island, Stubbs the Zombie, and Dead Rising.
  • Fantasy/faerie and-or mythical/magic.
    Refer to such films as:
    Labyrinth, The 10th Kingdom, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Lord of the Rings, Big Fish, Interview With a Vampire, and Wolf Girl/Blood Moon.
  • Laboratory (mad scientist)/science fiction/gene-splicing.
    Refer to such films as:
    Avatar, The Island of Doctor Moreau, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Planet of the Apes, Flash Gordon, and The Fly.
  • Ye Olde Europe - England, Ireland, Scotland/aristocracy and-or lower-class/theatre-folk, butlers, etc.
    Refer to such films as:
    Tipping the Velvet, Jack the Ripper, Albert Knobbs, The Fingersmith, and The Illusionist.
  • Pirates/high-sea adventures.
    Refer to such films as:
    Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, Sinbad, The Count of Monte Cristo, Hook, Muppet Treasure Island, and Pirates of Penzance.

Pairings

Characters to be played are written in this format:
(The canon) My character & your character.

Red signifies a high desire to play.

Canon:
  • (Labyrinth) Jareth & Sarah (or anyone!)
  • (Tank Girl) Booga & Rebecca.
  • (Beauty & the Beast) Beast & Belle.
  • (El Dorado) Tulio & Miguel.
  • (Rocky Horror) Janet & Rocky.
  • (Rocky Horror) Eddie & Columbia.
  • (Rocky Horror) Frank & Columbia.
  • (Rocky Horror) Brad & Columbia.
  • (Rocky Horror) Frank & Brad.
  • (Rocky Horror) Riff Raff & Magenta.
  • (American McGee's Alice) The White Rabbit (anthro) & Alice.
  • (American McGee's Alice) The Cheshire Cat (anthro) & Alice.
  • (Batman: Arkham Asylum) Batman & Harley Quinn.
  • (Batman: Arkham Asylum) Joker & Harley Quinn.
  • (Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit) Lucas Kane & Carla Valenti.
  • (The Secretary) E. Edward Gray & Lee Holloway.

Non-canon:
You dirty little work-in-progress, you.

ONs & OFFs; a little insight!
Current role-plays; enjoy the read!
What the Great Oak seeks; PM me, if interested!
Apologies & Absences; Great Oak, where have you gone?

Do not currently expect more than one post per day!

wolventears

Oooh, I'd be interested in the chesire cat and Alice idea. I've played the video games and loves them!
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

My yes please and not so much. ;)
And if you'd ever like to know why I was away for awhile

marshling

Well, if I don't love pirates. Especially lesbian pirates.

Here's an idea for you, if you'll indulge me:

You are a corsair of some infamy. Perhaps you are a captain, a commodore, a first mate, or your name might simply be synonymous with a great many crimes worth note. You are a rare woman of the seas, and your prowess (of the blade, over the sea, with a gun, take your pick) proceeds you. Much like your brethren, you think highly of yourself and your deeds, but also are afflicted by superstitions. You might have been hearing rumors of your future demise - perchance an oracle has prophecied your death, or you believe yourself to be cursed. One thing is certain: a sacrifice must be made for whatever reason, a woman, or you will die and your legacy along with you.

Since you are a character of, shall we say, flexible moral fiber, you decide that it would be easy to find yourself a "replacement" to serve your fate. Some unfortunate will do. You might bail out a prisoner, or pay the comparably meager debt of a poor bonded laborer. You choose someone who won't be missed, a maid of some misfortune, unwed and without children or family. She does not know of your plans for her - only that you are her savior.

What unfolds next could be anything: Does your character choose to betray this young innocent for the sake of her own life, or does she take pity on her? Does the relationship become tender, or does your character remain callous and self-serving?

PM me if you're interested in developing this plot. :)

MixedEmotion

Hello there,
I really like three of your themes, the Post Apocalyptic setting, the Zombie Apocalypse setting and a Fantasy setting.
Drop me a PM if you're interested and we can try to flesh something out together.
Thanks for reading (:
Ons & Offs. // Roleplay Search.
When the sun sets in the West and Rises in the East, you will return to me, My Sun and Stars..

Lady Avacyn

Heya! I'm kinda interested in your want for an rp with Jareth. I've been on a Labyrinth kick for the past week and would be delighted to plot and try.