Questions that NEED answers...

Started by HockeyGod, April 07, 2012, 07:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

I've come across a few of questions that I just wonder about sometimes. I ask a couple in the intro thread, but I still want to know the answer...

1. Holy water harms demons, vampires, and the like. Why doesn't the Pope, a bishop, or a priest just not bless the rain?

2. Goofy and Pluto are both dogs. Why does one live in a condo and drive a car and the other lives in a dog house and can't speak?

3. What happens when you put a light saber in water?

Do you have answers to my questions? Do you have any other questions that need answering? Paradoxes?

sexhaver

Answers:

1. Blessing water has a material component of powdered silver worth 25 gp, needed for every ounce of water blessed. Blessing the rain would bankrupt the Vatican. Toto can bless the rain for a song, but when he does, no demons or vampires are harmed.

2. The Disney position on this, as it was related to me second hand, is that if a character wears clothes, its status is equivalent to that of a human being. If it doesn't, then it's nothing but the animal it is. Neil DeGrasse Tyson talked about it in some conference he gave.

3. Same thing that happens when you put a light saber into a human body that is mostly water. The water should rapidly vaporize and explode gloriously. That doesn't happen? Probably a jedi made it not do that.

Questions:

1. If vampires are destroyed by sunlight (or weakened, depending on the mythology), and moonlight is just sunlight reflected off the moon's surface, why don't vampires have any trouble when the full moon is out? At least, trouble not related to werewolves running around on those nights.

2. Can Chuck Norris create an object so immovable that He cannot roundhouse kick it into oblivion?

Sasquatch421

I might not have any answers, but I do have a question...

If aliens are examples of intelligent life, why do they always seem to abduct the dumbest people?

sexhaver

Because that way, nobody will believe them.