Something Furry, Something Fantastic

Started by MadPanda, June 06, 2005, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Okay, Light and Weird is looking a little empty at the moment.  So...

Anyone interested in a furry fantasy game with a renaissance feel?  You know: politics, intrigue, sex, swashbuckling, and the occasional fireball.  Could be fun, yes?

Personal preference is either freeform or using the Ironclaw system.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

I'd be up to Freeform, though if I can find a copy, I may be interested in Ironclaw. I do enjoy furries... Though I'm more of a scaly, to be honest.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

MadPanda

I'd suggest the slightly more expensive Jadeclaw, then.   ;D  There aren't any scalies in Ironclaw (animals is people, reptiles is food).  In Jadeclaw, they wrote in tortoises, dragons (the Asian variety--no fire breath, alas), and snakes.  But reptiles is still food...(scratches head)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

MadPanda

The other 'system' option that came to mind would be to use a variation of a miniatures system I know and love dearly...it's easy to explain, simple to implement, and allows for a LOT of freeform in a role-playing context.  Wouldn't have to worry about a ton of die rolling 95 percent of the time, at least.  Plus nobody would have to rush out and buy a rulebook =)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

As I have no luck finding Jadeclaw, I'm up for that. ^_^

MadPanda

Try www.sanguine.com.  They're the publishers =)  And they also have a nice character generation summary on the Downloads page (for which, alas, you will need Adobe Acrobat ver 6.0)

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

A bit of additional news, here...

Ironclaw is currently undergoing revision for its Second Edition, a change which has more than a few of the loyal old guard scratching our heads and asking 'why is this necessary'?  So it may be a little more difficult to find right now--but it IS still available.

If anyone's interested but can't find the rules, I'm perfectly willing to help  ;D  And if we gotta freeform, we gotta freeform.

In Memory of Bishrook

ZK

I want to play, but you know me with the "If I don't own the rules, I won't play it." X.X
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

MadPanda

That's why I left freeform as an option  ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

Vandren

If I acquire some more time, I'd be interested, though I prefer to stick with the rule systems I currently know and like (GURPS, WoD, Shadowrun) or freeform versus those I know and don't like (AD&D, Palladium, WEG, etc.) or don't know.  Not enough room in the ole noggin to hold school info and more game systems these days.  ;)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

MadPanda

Well, the minis system is Duck Soup, and it wouldn't really come into play unless someone got into a fight (say, with the Watch), so it sounds like folks would rather freeform...yes?

In Memory of Bishrook

ZK

Well, you could use the Tri-Stat dX system. It's easy to learn and free to download. ^-^

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

MadPanda

I've got BESM 1st and 2nd.  I'm not opposed to the idea of using that...

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

I'm a hell of a BESM enthusiast. I'd be up for it. ^_^

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Siegfried

If it's Tri-stat anything, I game.  Download Dx.  It's, in my opinion, the best system out there to create a character the exact way you want.

ZK

Yep, I make a lot of "home brewed" campaigns and settings with it. It's truly the ultimate system to go by with such things.

I own the ten dollar paper-back. Thought it was worth it to buy it.

Yes, it's only 10 USD.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

ZK

Siegfried

Good buy Zulokitty.  I've got the same book.  I live in Canada so I paid a little more. 15 Canadian.  30-35 points is pretty low for Dx but right around 2 ed. rules.  What type of characters are you looking for?

ZK

I don't have 2nd Edition BESM, I suggest going over dX M.P. before asigning stats. ^-^

A d6 game in dX would be

50-75 points.

MadPanda

Well, the original idea was a furry Rennaisance type setting...swashbucklers and sorcerors, in fur.  Pretty straightforward, yes?

I have noticed that the 'licensed' anime games done by GoO seem to have a (BESM Standard) average of 50-60 Character Point base.  Perhaps this is what the base points in dX are based on?

In Memory of Bishrook

ZK

I want a furry Roman/Greek era. Nice orgies. *nod nods*

MadPanda

And who says you can't have a decent bacchanalia in a Ren-setting?  :P

UPDATE: Nights in Paradox--Furry BESM is now LIVE!!!  It's over in Light/Weird.  A little intrigue, a little sex, a little swordplay...this'll be fun, honest!

In Memory of Bishrook