Seeking M, F, TG, or fill-in-the-blank for long term story-based RP

Started by Aeda, April 08, 2012, 05:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeda

Hi! I'm seeking someone for long term story-based RP. I play the full spectrum of genders (except neuter) and enjoy playing against all sorts. I myself am female.

My ideal RP partner is someone clever, quick-witted and creative, and who has a good sense of humor. They should love their characters, and put a good bit of thought into who they are and why they do things - and those things should extend outside of the bedroom. Sex is good and awesome, but there should be more to a character than who they screw and how they do it.

My favorite characters to play are those that are innately conflicted: dangerous/monstrous creatures who desire to be human, gentle healer types with the ability to do a great deal of harm, people who appear weak and harmless but are secretly powerful. I love romances, or at least long-term and deeply held friendships. I enjoy stories that have complications and don't always end up with everyone going away happy. I am a strong believer in IC actions resulting in IC consequences, and will play it to the hilt - but I am willing to retcon individual actions if they were done in a fit of 'Whoa! I wasn't thinking there!'

I like playing against all kinds of characters, especially those who don't initially get along with mine. Fandom characters are just fine by me as long you play them realistically; putting your own spin on things is awesome, but if you play Throk SmashSkull, Warlord of Murder from ReallyBloodyTVShow, I'm going to seriously side eye you if your portrayal involves lots of weeping and swooning. I'm also happy to play in whatever setting you enjoy, provided I can work in a character from far away if it's a setting I'm not familiar with. I am an enormous nerd, and love creative character ideas. Have you always wanted to play a cowboy kungfu ninja lizard, but haven't been able to find the right game? Talk to me! We can work something out!

As far as the sex stuff goes, I like playing and have played against the whole spectrum - male, female, any combination thereof. I enjoy BDSM (most of my characters are switches, but leaning a bit towards submissiveness), but there is so, so much more to sex than restraints and pain.

I'm including a few possible storylines below. If they sound interesting, or if you have something neat in mind that you think we'd both enjoy, give me a poke! I am happy to change the gender of my character, and have no problem with adjusting details to suit a spiffy character.

Aeda

The Monstrous Folk

The war between Osland and Abdir has ground along for countless generations, sometimes dimming into a begrudging near-peace, sometimes flaring into all out battle. The constant struggle has sapped the resources of both countries, and things are looking dire for the smaller Osland, even with the protection of the towering mountains that ring it. And now there's another thing for the little country to worry about: mountaineers have found a tiny passage through the northern mountains and into the Monstrous Lands beyond.

'The Monstrous Lands' isn't just a bit of hyperbole; the races there are the descendents of ancient monsters exiled there after an ancient war, and are as dangerous as they are powerful. And now a small band of travelers has come through, and everything might change. Will one of the tribes of the Monstrous Lands try to conquer a bit of Osland? Or will Osland form an alliance, and finally ward off Abdir once and for all? And if they do, will they only be inviting a new threat into their much-abused land?

I think there are a lot of interesting directions this could go. We could play out a diplomatic party, either in Osland or in the Monstrous Lands - or, better yet, a group that goes between both lands. How do these very different people interact? And how do they reconcile their personal desires with the needs of their respective people? Not to mention, what about Abdir? I have these vague ideas of playing a scholar/medic of the Os against a warrior/bodyguard of the monsters, but I would love to see what sort of things someone else could do with this outline.

Aeda

The Broken Prince

As with all of my stories, I'm willing to change the gender of any of the involved characters.

The royal family of Veaway is under an ancient curse - one member of each generation is doomed to be fantastically, extravagantly ugly.  In this generation, that person is the Broken Prince, brother to the King and ruler of a small state where the mountains meet the sea.  Ashamed of his monstrosity, he has grown to be a reclusive, brooding man who flatly refuses to consider marriage, courting, or any kind of physical or emotional relationship - especially since he has found his thoughts are of men instead of women.

The court magician of the Broken Prince, a mage named Ragnis, is a rather lazy but brilliant man who was unexpectedly thrust into his position on the death of his master, the last court magician.  He has found that he enjoys the luxuries and status his new position offers, and is anxious to keep it.  Although his knowledge is spotty at best, he's been able to cobble together innate skill, his old master's library and the ancient things of power that belong to the court, and is able to perform a few tricks to keep the Broken Prince's flagging interest.  The best - but most unpredictable - of these is to summon strange creatures for the Prince to see, but that is rapidly losing its luster.  His position in court is slowly slipping, and he is in danger of losing the Prince's patronage...until he summons Tilnua.

Where other summons were dumb and snarling monsters, Tilnua is an exquisitely beautiful creature with dimly glowing skin and a crown of small antlers.  He is startled and a bit frightened by the sudden removal of his entire world, but is easily coaxed into entertaining conversation about his world and his people - and, endearingly, he is more wary of Ragnis than the Prince.  When he is allowed to return to his home, his last smile is for the Prince.

Over the next few months, Ragnis repeatedly summons Tilnua, claiming the spell has become sensitized to him - so sensitized, in fact, that at time it spontaneously draws him in.  Tilnua is at first alarmed by these repeated abductions, then wearily resigned to them.  The Prince enjoys their chances at conversation and begins to look forward to them, and Ragnis is pleased, as he has never been so high in the Prince's estimation.  In time, the Prince's feelings progress beyond friendship, and Ragnis hatches a plot: if he were to convince Tilnua to agree to pose as a woman and marry the Prince, his position in court would be cemented forever.

I've left the storyline a bit nebulous beyond this point.  Tilnua might have strong and warm feelings for his strange friend, but he is not going to want to get married, ever.  He doesn't really care what gender people think he is (and I have no problem with the Prince and Ragnis being a little uncertain on this point, too), but he has some definite ideas about never marrying.  Ragnis is going to force him to accept the Prince's proposal.  I'm leaving it open as to how much the Prince knows about his beloved being forced to marry him.  He could be perfectly fine with the idea, or he could be completely oblivious to the force, and incredulously overjoyed that his beautiful little friend has agreed.

As for Tilnua, he's got a few secrets of his own.  One of them is that he's a dangerous, monstrous creature in his own right.  His gentleness with those around him comes from a deep respect and love of all thinking creatures, and his acute awareness of how very, very easy it is to accidentally rip a man's entire skeleton out of his eye sockets.

I'm looking for someone to play the Broken Prince and make him their own.  I will play Ragnis and Tilnua, though I wouldn't mind switching off on Ragnis as he interacts with the Prince and Tilnua.  I am interested in a long-term, slowly developing relationship between the characters.  I am not interested in the Prince being played as an unprincipled sex-crazed monster or as a big bucket of gooey shmoop who is instantly made perfect by the power of true love.  I like realistic characters, warts and all.  If the story takes an unexpected turn because of how the characters play off of each other, that'd be just awesome.

Aeda

Not All Masters Are Willing

As with all of my stories, I'm willing to change the gender of any of the involved characters.

Ansel is pretty comfortable with his life - he's got his studies, he's got his volunteering and he's got a way with the supernatural that's landed him an awesome job as a liaison with the more eerie side of the world.  True, he unintentionally ruins every budding relationship he's ever had (let's not even get into the embarrassing Spaghetti-bug incident), but a guy doesn't need a partner to be fulfilled - that's what work is for.  His life is good, and on the whole, he's content.

So when he accidentally acquires a bodyguard and slave, he's a bit taken aback.  Ansel doesn't think he needs a bodyguard and he damn well knows he doesn't want a slave.  He especially doesn't want this particular slave, who seems to have some aggression issues.

Ansel isn't the weak reed he seems, though - there's a core of steel under all that nerdy softness, and he has ways of defending himself if he's pushed.  He's a
powerful mage in his own right, and when his slow temper is finally ignited, he's downright dangerous.

I've tried to leave the details on the guard deliberately vague, so that it's easier to fit in your own character.  As far as how the two meet up, I've  roughed out these possibilities:

1. The bodyguard is bound to Ansel by way of him accidentally triggering a magical item.  The two of them have to fend off attacks by those who want the item themselves - it could be the key to greater power, or they just want the magical bodyguard, or both.

2. Ansel more or less inherits the bodyguard by virtue of being a component in a spell to bring about Armageddon, or to control all of those of the bodyguard's race/culture.  The bodyguard is the lucky, lucky person who got chosen to guard this annoying new liability.

3. Ansel managed to impress/perform a service for someone powerful, and was gifted the bodyguard.  I'm a little hesitant about this one, as I think it would be a bit frustrating for the guard - they really would be kind of wasted on him, as his life is not that innately dangerous.  It does have the advantage of not needing any sort of combat, though.

Ansel is a virgin, and has never really considered BDSM.

If you are interested in combat, I'm up for it, provided we alternate the antagonists.  Beyond that, details can be hashed out together.  If you like the general idea but aren't into modern settings, or would rather play the bodyguard as a gun-toting cowboy samurai (and if you do, you are awesome) or something else, I am willing to change things around.  I'm open to fandom characters as well.