Red Tide (Light MMF)

Started by Wargtass, October 04, 2011, 09:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargtass

Red Tide

The summer of 1941 saw the start of the most brutal and destructive part of WWII. As the Germans cross into the Soviet Union, driving the terrified Russian soldiers before them, Mikhail and his squad is caught in the Blitzkrieg. As his comrades one by one fall for German fire, Mikhail curls up in terror as a Panzer crashes through their entrenchments. A sharp bang followed by a blast throws him through the air. As he comes to he sees a political commissar standing above him, a still smoking anti-tank rifle in his hands. His eyes turn to Mikhail as he says: “Get up, soldat, you're with me now!”

Red Tide is a romance/action story which primary protagonist is  Mikhail Nikolaevich Zarubin, a young man who enlisted in the Red Army for food and shelter. He was as thrown off as anyone when the  Germans actually attacked and panicked as his squad was slaughtered. He is saved by the political commissar (politruk) Jurij Lazaryevich Kotov, an opportunistic who has lied and cajoled his way into a safe position in the Communist party. Even though he's a good enough fighter, he'd rather stay away from immediate danger. With him he has Efreitor Anya Ilyinichna Dostoevsky (she constantly has to remind people she is not related to the writer) who comes from the same village as him. She sees him only in the best light and blindly believe every piece of legendary and propaganda that surrounds his character. While Mikhail suspects that Jurij isn't entirely what meets the eye, Anya idolize the man. She is the aide of Jurij, keeping tabs on orders, tactical information, reports and maps. Seeing as Jurij is a war hero and a busy man, he quickly recruits Mikhail as another of his aides. Not that the good Commissar would ever have any intentions other than that...

It's a light triangle drama, fair and square. I'll handle the commissar and the general flow of the narrative, giving you free reign of your characters actions in the surroundings. Other than the above information, you may interpret the characters as you wish.

If you are interested, send me a PM with your ideas.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

O/O