[Interest Check] Exalted: Heroic Mortals in a dark world of lust and abuse

Started by The Great Triangle, August 15, 2010, 11:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

God Blooded is technically acceptable, but only as a background decision to justify the enlightened essence or awakened essence mutations.  Spirit charms won't be acceptable, simply because of the trouble of balancing them.

As for getting started, I'll post a thread when I've got a couple of character sheets.  :-)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Tonalberry

So we got enough?  Woot! *runs off to go and make a character* Triangle, I'll probably be pestering you with questions, so you'll have to forgive me.

Starfall Smiting Prince

Sweet, alright I'll work on the god blooded, so same template but no spirit charms that's the gist of it? alright.

The Great Triangle

Actually, no template whatsoever.  It's just a background choice, with no mechanical effect.  You just pick slightly different mutations than you would otherwise.

Ons and Offs

Tonalberry

Hmm, trying to decide if I want my social or mental atts as secondary.  Physical are primary, of course.

Starfall Smiting Prince

Name: Starmetal Gate Child
Motivation: Fight and protect the weaks, while perpetuating the right of the heroes!
Archetype: Warrior
Profession: Gladiator

Attributes:

Physical:
Strength •••
Dexterity ••
Stamina ••••

Social:
Charisma •••
Manipulation •
Appearance ••••

Mental:
Perception ••
Intelligence ••
Wits ••

Abilities:

[P]Athletics 3
[P]Melee 3
[F]Martial Arts 5 [Fighting Unarmed,Multiple Opponents, Using the UH Style, fighting while using God Body]
[P]Performance 3
Occult 3
Resistance 3
Ride 3
Socialize 3
Integrity 1

Supernatural Martial Arts:
Wings of Desperation
Unfailing Preservation Instincts

Backgrounds:
Sifu ••• : The master of Starmetal Gate Child knows the following martial arts: The Unsung Hero style... [more coming soon]
Face •••: He is a  well renown gladiator having fought in many arenas.

Mutations:
God Body •••••• : +3 dots to stats to distribute between, strength, dexterity and stamina and +2L/+2B Soak. He transforms into a golden being, with golden hair and shining eyes, his body prowess are significantly increased and he appears to be a champion of the gods. Must use 6 motes to transform and 1 wp.

Enlightened Essence ••••: Essence 2x10 so 20 essence pools points.

Virtues:
Compassion •••
Conviction •
Temperance •
Valor ••••

Essence 2
Willpower 7/7
Essence Pool 20

Bonus Points:
6 points spent to get God Body.
4 points to get Enlightened Essence.
2 points to raise Martial arts to 5.
10 Points to become an Essence 2 being.
2 for specialty  Martial Arts
7 points to learn Wings of Desperation
7 points to learn Unfailing Preservation Instinct

History:
Starmetal Gate Child was born of a Minor god in the south. To be quite frank, Starmetal didn't know much about his parents and with the war between the deathlords and the alchemicals raging, his god parent was probably one of the many casualties of war. Starmetal Gate Child as part of the Varangian State was born on the day that would decide that he'll serve as a Gladiator for the entertainment of the nobles and higher ups. That what he did. Starmetal fought every day taking on every single challenges, even when the odds were overwhelming, Starmetal was always there to take on the challenge.
With time, he was taught supernatural martial arts so he could rival the people in the arena, he saw horrible things, as the corruption came and the people were more and more violent around him.

[To be continued...]

ooc: I still need to look up the permanent charms effect, so I'll do that tomorrow and complete it tomorrow as well.

The Great Triangle

A fairly well put together character, but unfortunately Snake style is a celestial martial art, which is beyond the capacity of mortals to use.  You also don't have a sifu to teach you the martial art, and the destiny background is not available in this chronicle, because Creation is outside fate. 

I suggest looking through the fan supplement Perfected Lotus From Root to Bulb, and especially Perfected Lotus 2 to find an appropriate terrestrial martial art for your character.

Perfected Lotus From Root to Bulb

Perfected Lotus 2

Ons and Offs

Starfall Smiting Prince

alright going to go with unsung hero style then, changing the moves, changed destiny background to sifu background.

schnookums

Bah, I only vaguely have an idea how to make an exalted character, and all this other stuff x.x I haven't lost interest, but might take me a bit to muddle through it.

Tonalberry

I've got a question.  I notice you have Artifact on the list of accepted backgrounds, and normally heroic mortals can't use artifacts.  Are you allowing us to use them?  And if so, would it be alright for my character to have a set of Discreet Essence Armor, p. 80 of Wonders of the Lost Age?

The Great Triangle

Artifacts can be used by any heroic mortal with the Awakened Essence or Enlightened Essence mutations.  Heroic Mortals can't make use of the magical material bonuses of artifacts, however, unless they take the magical attunement mutation, which lets them choose a magical material to be able to attune to.

Discreet Essence Armor would be perfectly acceptable, provided you are an essence user.  If your character isn't an essence user, I would reccomend Silksteel Garments from Oadenol's Codex.  (which don't require essence use to use.  Certain other artifacts, like hearthstone powered essence cannons, and gunzosha armor, ARE designed to be used by mortals.)

Ons and Offs

Tonalberry

Ah, okay.  Basically, I wanted to try and give him as much of a defense as I could, without having him wear actual armor.

Hmm..any chance of him getting a warstrider?  :D

The Great Triangle

Warstriders are reasonably common in the Third Age, though they attract a lot of attention, particularly from Akuma.

If you've got the background dots, feel free to start with one.  I'll be using some houserules for Warstriders to make them more potent, but their basic cost will be about the same.  (you'll need at least artifact 3 for the strider, manse 2 to power it, followers 2 to maintain it, and resources 3 to pay for spare parts.  That's not counting costs for weapons for the strider, or upgrade artifacts to improve its effectiveness.)

Ons and Offs

Tonalberry

Uh, I was just joking about the warstrider, lol.  Didn't think you would actually allow them.  I suppose I could come up with a different concept for one, but not sure if I would want to.  I am thinking of doing something other than a bare-fisted martial artist though.  I believe someone in the SB mentioned something about there being a style based around firewands?

The Great Triangle

Golden Exhalation Style from Scroll of the Monk.  Not a bad style, either.  :-)

Ons and Offs

Tonalberry

Tonalberry

Hmm, it looks neat, but I think I'll look at other styles too.  Terrible Ascent-Driven Beast Style seems perfect for an unarmed grappler, if I want to stick with being a wandering luchador.

The Great Triangle

I'd suggest Terrestrial Hero for an unarmed grappler, actually.  :-)  It's very much based on unarmed grappling, though mortals can't master it   (if you actually plan on living long enough for that to be a problem)

Ons and Offs

Tonalberry

Hmm, I'm thinking about whether or not I want to stick with that concept, or try something else.  Bleh.  This is the problem I have in making characters for rpg's.