News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Anyone know cheap forms of entertainment?

Started by Novak, June 25, 2010, 03:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novak

The significant other is out of town for the weekend and I'm one of those that will lose my mind if I don't have something to do.  I am essentially broke,  but was wondering if anyone had cheap entertainment ideas.  I would normally go hang out with some of my buddies from my time in the Marines, but they are on a training operation this weekend in prep for their deployment to Afghanistan in October/November.

Brandon

You could try some of the free MMORPGs out there. Oniya started a thread asking for some here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=72619.0
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Masturbation? *shrugs*

Just trying to keep your options open...you could watch a new TV show on Hulu, or if you're interested in Anime, pick up a new series. o3o

Kunoichi

It's true, there are several options.  I could easily recommend some anime to start watching, and there's already that link for free MMOs.  I could also recommend a few movies to look into, or some manga to start reading...

Also, have you tried your local public library?

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HairyHeretic

Go down to the local library and read a book or two?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Wolfy

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 25, 2010, 03:26:04 PM
Go down to the local library and read a book or two?

Psh, Please Heretic...everyone knows no one READS anymore...

lol

Brandon

*dangles his copy of the Dark elf triology in front of Wolfy's face* Dont tell me you arent tempted  ;D

Come to think of it, if you do go tot he library you should look that one up. I've had that book for probably ten years now and I've probably read it twenty times by now. For fictional reading its easily my favorite but if you want other suggestions I can recommend quite a few
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Kunoichi

Nowadays, libraries even have comic books in them.  I remember reading black and white collections of old Spider-Man comics that were pretty good...

Brandon

True libraries are accepting all forms of literature these days. When I was a kid we would occasionally go to the library after church and everytime the first place I would go was right to the dinosaur books. Only one time I remember going over there and seeing a copy of return of the jedi right next to them. That was a great day

Torch

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Novak

Quote from: Torch on June 25, 2010, 05:35:15 PM
A six pack of beer and a bug zapper.
I have the beer would need to get a bug zapper.

Torch

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

On's and Off's

Novak

Quote from: Torch on June 25, 2010, 05:46:13 PM

If it was animated i think I have enough alcohol in the house that this might suffice lol.

Torch

Quote from: Novak on June 25, 2010, 05:50:14 PM
If it was animated i think I have enough alcohol in the house that this might suffice lol.

Hah! There's gotta be somebody around here who can turn that into an animated .gif.  ;D

On's and Off's

Wyrd

I'v got a cheap form of entertainment! It's called outside! XD
Ragtime Dandies!

Wolfy

Quote from: Wyrd on June 26, 2010, 12:22:28 PM
I'v got a cheap form of entertainment! It's called outside! XD

Booo!

Hiss!!!

It burns us!

Brandon

Quote from: Wyrd on June 26, 2010, 12:22:28 PM
I've got a cheap form of entertainment! It's called outside! XD

What does being outside have to do with entertainment? Unless you consider standing in the sun or weather some kind of entertainment but that seems bizarre to me

Wyrd

Quote from: Brandon on June 26, 2010, 04:09:47 PM
What does being outside have to do with entertainment? Unless you consider standing in the sun or weather some kind of entertainment but that seems bizarre to me
:-\

I meant go do something outside. Go for a walk, go swimming, Ride a bike, Fly a kite!! :P
Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

Downloading and playing old games that have been released to the public. Good times!

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on June 26, 2010, 04:15:16 PM
Downloading and playing old games that have been released to the public. Good times!

Yeah!...<_<>_> I have a Rom folder several GB that stuffed to the Gils with SNES, Genesis, NES, etc, etc, games. o-o;

Red Tressed Imp

You can watch movies or tv shows online (which is better than watching on ty, imo)

www.watchthisfree.com
www.sidereel.com
"You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better. "

Imp's Inventory (O/Os): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=54674.msg2523003#msg2523003