What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

I want the new Mortal Kombat so bad, but I need to get paid! D:
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

I just finished Portal 2 Co-Op.:D

It's fun, and challenging!

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on April 20, 2011, 07:38:53 PM
I just finished Portal 2 Co-Op.:D

It's fun, and challenging!
The challenging part is finding a friend, establishing dominance so he or she doesn't hog the food and listens to your orders, and then getting him or her to cooperate right?

Inkidu's Co-Op code circa 1995.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Worshipping Master

I've been playing a lot of Endless Ocean: Blue World lately.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on April 20, 2011, 07:45:13 PM
The challenging part is finding a friend, establishing dominance so he or she doesn't hog the food and listens to your orders, and then getting him or her to cooperate right?

I remember my brother and I playing this fun little game together, way back. I forget what it's called. It was a top-down shooter, where you picked your character and bought guns, then, err, killed bad guys. Anyway, this was when I was a little Hemingway, and ... not yet very good at most games. I used to accidentally kill him, earning me the name "Wandering Disaster", and making the greatest challenge for my brother staying away from me so I couldn't kill him.

Ahh, good times. Man, what was that game called ...

Edit: Cyberdogs! It was called Cyberdogs!

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on April 20, 2011, 07:45:13 PM

Actually no. Some of the puzzles would be challenging even if you were doing them alone.

Plus you have to coordinate together and get timing down as well. :p

dready

Quote from: Wolfy on April 20, 2011, 08:45:01 PM
Actually no. Some of the puzzles would be challenging even if you were doing them alone.

Plus you have to coordinate together and get timing down as well. :p
I hung out with my dad today and we completed the first three puzzle chambers.

It was pretty awesome, since the only thing we do together is accompany the other to the grocery store to remember to keep the grocery list.

Lirliel

New Mortal Kombat is fun and good, the story-mode is nice.

Only.. seriously F Shao Kunt in his ass with a rusty rake. Hammer-Throw, Stun, Spear, Get up, Hammer-Throw, Stun Spear. Etc. Etc. 2 rounds of this, YOU LOSE.

Gonna get a night's sleep and try his big ass tomorrow again. So glad he isn't playable.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Inkidu

Quote from: Lirliel on April 21, 2011, 03:15:58 PM
New Mortal Kombat is fun and good, the story-mode is nice.

Only.. seriously F Shao Kunt in his ass with a rusty rake. Hammer-Throw, Stun, Spear, Get up, Hammer-Throw, Stun Spear. Etc. Etc. 2 rounds of this, YOU LOSE.

Gonna get a night's sleep and try his big ass tomorrow again. So glad he isn't playable.
Is the X-ray shatter things as awesome as it looks? @_@

dready

Quote from: Inkidu on April 21, 2011, 04:37:48 PM

It's not just as awesome as it looks... It's much more awesome than you can imagine. Not only that, but injuries caused by weapons or the x-rays PERSIST through the rest of the matches, except broken bones. Though teeth are never returned, so Johnny Cage smiles with a pair of gums if you kick him in the jaw.

Sabby

Mortal Kombat has always excited me... not for what it's done, but what it can do. First Konquest Mode was shit, then the next iteration showed some promise, then the next was an actually competent third person brawler.

I think to myself, with all the effort they're putting into MK9, the Konquest Mode must be great!

No. Its pretty much the old kind of Konquest, only replace the pre-fight text with cutscenes.

Thanks guys, thanks for aliening all except your tourny goer fans >.> Hope you're happy with them, because you've lost me and many others.

Mortal Kombat is dead to me.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on April 21, 2011, 11:35:16 PM
Mortal Kombat has always excited me... not for what it's done, but what it can do. First Konquest Mode was shit, then the next iteration showed some promise, then the next was an actually competent third person brawler.

I think to myself, with all the effort they're putting into MK9, the Konquest Mode must be great!

No. Its pretty much the old kind of Konquest, only replace the pre-fight text with cutscenes.

Thanks guys, thanks for aliening all except your tourny goer fans >.> Hope you're happy with them, because you've lost me and many others.

SABBALITY!

Lirliel

Quote from: Inkidu on April 21, 2011, 04:37:48 PM

Some are great and look like they could seriously injure but not kill someone, some others, looking at you Kitana, are plain fatality worthy.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on April 21, 2011, 11:35:16 PM

*Hands Sabby a ticket to go pet the overly-drama llama*
Mortal Kombat is not a brawler (I own it now) all the really brawly stuff was really half-baked. I'm glad they've cleaned up there act. I never play in tournaments but I'm a fan (tourneys are for winy little tier-mongers). I kind of like the story mode, but why don't you try the challenge tower.

One thing did bug me. When I first started playing it didn't save my progress. I wonder if I just forgot to sign in. (I doubt it). I've got it now, but still. I made it far in that story....

Wolfy

Squee..I changed my gamertag. :D

Now my Gamertag is named after one of the seven princes of hell. :D

Inkidu

Nether Realm Studios needs to fire whoever came up with boss immunity. He or she is not a human being. -_-

Lirliel

Quote from: Inkidu on April 23, 2011, 07:10:11 PM
Nether Realm Studios needs to fire whoever came up with boss immunity. He or she is not a human being. -_-

The tip to beating Shao Kunt is this: Play Dirty.

My tips for the boss character fights:
Liu Kang vs Goro: I wanna ride mah bicycle I wanna ride mah bike all day long.
Liu Kang vs Samsung: see above.
Kung Lao vs Kintaro: Spam Square, seems to be something he has a hard time blocking.
Liu Kang vs Shao Kunt: Jump away from him, spam low fireball, if he gets close, jump away rinse & repeat.
Stryker vs Kintaro: Combo the shit outta him.
*special* Sub Zero vs Goro&Kintaro: Square Triangle Square, combo spam that and they'll go down.
Raiden vs Shao Kunt: Jump away, wait for Taunt/Spear throw, teleport, uppercut rinse & repeat.

Inkidu

Quote from: Lirliel on April 24, 2011, 01:35:16 AM
The tip to beating Shao Kunt is this: Play Dirty.

My tips for the boss character fights:
Liu Kang vs Goro: I wanna ride mah bicycle I wanna ride mah bike all day long.
Liu Kang vs Samsung: see above.
Kung Lao vs Kintaro: Spam Square, seems to be something he has a hard time blocking.
Liu Kang vs Shao Kunt: Jump away from him, spam low fireball, if he gets close, jump away rinse & repeat.
Stryker vs Kintaro: Combo the shit outta him.
*special* Sub Zero vs Goro&Kintaro: Square Triangle Square, combo spam that and they'll go down.
Raiden vs Shao Kunt: Jump away, wait for Taunt/Spear throw, teleport, uppercut rinse & repeat.
I know, it had me so pissed I actually went and started a blog on Game Informer.

It turned what should have been an awesome showdown into spam. I found a fairly universal way was find a character's quickest combo. Like Johny Cage's tripple X (360) attack and jump over air punch land combo. Rinse repeat. The trick is finding that combo.

Hemingway

Man, I can't get over how broken Baldur's Gate ( 2 ) is. The fights are either ridiculously easy, or insanely difficult.

Insanely difficult fights will usually involve one ( or god forbid, several ) spellcasters who instantly use every kind of shield imagineable, making them completely invulnerable. Next they proceed to charm your party. If you're unlucky, this is the point at which you load and try again. Repeat until you're lucky enough to land a critical hit before the mage manages to charm your party, or something like that.

Anything that doesn't cast spells is a walk in the park.

Edit: For extra frustration, make the mage in question a creature that can't be harmed by most weapons.

Edit 2: Case in point: after about 10 attempts at killing the same mage, I finally succeeded. How? I cast invisibility on my Bard, and landed a lucky crit, killing her instantly. Pure luck.

Geeklet

Whenever I played BG2, I usually had at least 2 mages in my party, and always had loads of Breach/Spell Pierce/etc. memorized. Once their protections are down, its just a matter of dealing damage to them (Arrows, Magic Missiles, Melee, etc) to interrupt their spell casting.

Hemingway

I wish it were so easy ... they drain my levels, charm my mages and generally do everything in their power to make my life miserable.

Geeklet

Sounds like vampires. Mace of Disruption and spells like Sunray work wonders. Negative Plane Protections helps vs level drain. Prot. from Undead scrolls help too.

Really, its all about preparation. If you know what you are going to fight, you can better attune your spells/equipment to fight against it.

Hemingway

Yeah, I just wish I could prepare for everything at all times. *Sigh.*

I wasn't expecting vampires where I went now, but ... there they were. I don't think I'll torture myself this time. I am going to stock up on a gazillion protection / restoration scrolls, and .. well, then I'll kill them.

Geeklet

Heh, the #1 tip of any RPG back in the day... save often, and in multiple places.

Oniya

Quote from: Geeklet on April 24, 2011, 12:49:59 PM
Heh, the #1 tip of any RPG back in the day... save often, and in multiple places.

Back in the day?  I still use it, paraphrasing the old Chicago voting mantra:  Save early and often!

The little Oni also knows it as 'it's always time to save.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17