Obviously, stuff is broken : /

Started by Vekseid, November 22, 2009, 05:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

As it is a little unclear, is there planned support for users to be able to pick their own theme to view the site in? This is mostly curiousity as the site looks fine atm (though I wish sub-boards were just bolded when unread, rather than bolded and having the orange new icon.)

And of course, thank you Veks for continuing to work to improve this site. It is appreciated.

Izu

And will this be our colors from now on?

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Vekseid

I'm open to the idea of a contest or something for people who want to redo the color scheme... I don't have the time available given my design ability is made of fail : /

Izu

I think that the previous colors were just fine. They weren't too bright or too dark and were easy on the eye.
Also - the text in the sub-forum boxes - will it remain that big? I think the last thread with a post in it was smaller before...

Izu

P.s. And the yellow-orange that's around the site in links and 'new' posts... it's so ugly! >.<'

Caeli

I actually prefer this color scheme over the previous one. The orange isn't my favorite color, but it stands out, so that's good enough for me. If I could make a change myself, I would make the white slightly darker (a light gray, so it's not as bright), and make the blues and colors of everything else a touch darker so there's more contrast. I would also make the light/aqua blue of the boards that have unread posts in them more gray; right now, the blue color is brighter than I would like it.

But I really like the colors. :-) Smileys, not so much. xD But as long as I can choose the minimalist smileys, I'll be happy!

On the main forums page, this is how each "box" reads:
QuoteThe Good and the Cuddly! - 9831 posts in 552 topics.
Last post by Oniya in Re: HOORAH! NO MORE BS H... on Yesterday at 10:02:43 PM
Can we take out who the last post was by? I don't care as much about that as I do what the last topic was. Right now, the larger font size, while more readable, makes my columns a lot longer down the screen than they used to be.

Also, is it possible to make signatures scrollable again? I saw somebody with a signature that was... about 200px tall, I think. ><; It's very annoying when the signature is longer than the post.

I went into my inbox because I needed to take a look at a specific message underneath one of my labels. I have a LOT of labels - over two dozen - and when I checked one of my label groups that didn't have so many messages, I ended up with this huge amount of white space that stretched down to the bottom of the left sidebar, which holds all the labels:

I also checked this with my main inbox, and there's the same issue - it's just not as noticeable, since I view 25 messages at a time and my window is just small enough width-wise that it makes some of the dates go into two lines, instead of one. Since the inbox and labels didn't used to do this, I thought I'd mention it. :-)

OH! And I love this new button in the post editor:
The toggle view is a quick and easy way to test your post and see how it looks! Way cool. <3
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

ShamshielDF

Another observation...when I went to preview my post that I was working on I realized it didn't tell me that there were new posts.  I haven't tested to see if it will tell me anything when I try to post it (the post is a work in progress...) but it gave no indication of new posts or update showing the new posts.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Izu

I just don't like the green-orange color of the subforums boxes. And white-ness between them.

Inside the subforums.... I dunno but something is not right... maybe the View/Post should be last? after the who the last post. And the topics... the space left for their titles is bigger, isn't it?

And yeah, just how it was stated above - the text in the subforum's boxes is really too big for it's own good..

Sarena

Seriously!  Everything is so pretty.  The colors are great and the font size is perfect.  Thanks Veks!  It looks all sleek and shiney :D
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Mithlomwen

Is there anyway that the sub forums boxes could be minimized?  That way for the people who don't want/need to see they, they can just collapse the box?
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Izu

The subforums of the subforums? Mh... I dunno... I think it's kind of useless... It's enough that the big subforums can do this.
I think that only the text should be made smaller, and to get rid of who made the last post, leaving it only which topic has the last post and when it was made, but again with a small font size..

Oreo

QuoteI'm open to the idea of a contest or something for people who want to redo the color scheme... I don't have the time available given my design ability is made of fail : /

That's a good idea Veks. Though don't think fail. The color scheme, as it stands now looks rather like a day at the beach.  ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Dakota

Black red and grey lol although its been made exclusively for twisted pandora I'll let veks have a copy :P

Haibane

Having a scheme something like the old one would be nice. I do like things to look familiar. My comfort zone is small.

Everything does somehow look bigger and clunkier with the new layout. Sort of like a kiddies plastic play telephone. That might be just because its new though.

Valerian

Quote from: Caeli on November 23, 2009, 02:14:29 AM
I actually prefer this color scheme over the previous one. The orange isn't my favorite color, but it stands out, so that's good enough for me. If I could make a change myself, I would make the white slightly darker (a light gray, so it's not as bright), and make the blues and colors of everything else a touch darker so there's more contrast.
More grey than white would be lovely.  Under incandescent lighting, it was fine; under fluorescents, I've discovered, it makes my eyes water unless I turn down the brightness on the monitor... which was already kinda low.  Maybe my eyes are just extra sensitive.  *shrug*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Cythieus

I was going to ask about float right and left, I see its there, good.

Sugarman (hal)

"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Kip

Just from the SB discussion,

My Bookmarks tab works fine and I can see all the bookmarks I've set previously but a few of us couldn't find an 'Add Bookmark' option anywhere to add new ones in.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Vekseid

Kip

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Vekseid

Alright, a few mods (Referrals, Stop Spammer, and MX verification) are not updated for RC2 yet. The former two are pretty active and the latter isn't a huge issue, so I'm going to be focusing on moving Blue Moon and Lunar Radiance over to the new server for now. I'll update the mods when feasible.

As another todo point, if people are interested in it, I'll move more of the style code into css files for people who want to make new color schemes, so there could be, say, a row of buttons along the top that let people switch between them on the fly (not different theme - just color scheme switching). That's a lot more feasible for me to maintain : )

Saerrael

Quote from: Vekseid on November 23, 2009, 06:13:40 PM
Alright, a few mods (Referrals, Stop Spammer, and MX verification) are not updated for RC2 yet. The former two are pretty active and the latter isn't a huge issue, so I'm going to be focusing on moving Blue Moon and Lunar Radiance over to the new server for now. I'll update the mods when feasible.

As another todo point, if people are interested in it, I'll move more of the style code into css files for people who want to make new color schemes, so there could be, say, a row of buttons along the top that let people switch between them on the fly (not different theme - just color scheme switching). That's a lot more feasible for me to maintain : )

Yes, please <3
I noticed I get a headace from all this white. Sensitive eyes...

HockeyGod

I'm really liking the upgrade. There are a couple of things that I think would be cool in the future...totally not necessary, but I'm calling them alxnjsh's wishlist. Some may have been previously discussed. None are bugs in the current system. I was told this would be the place to put them. Sorry if it is not...

--Before when you typed a name into a PM and hit enter it selected the name. Now it selects the name and tries to send the message giving you an error if you haven't written in the text box, or sending an incomplete PM. I've done it a few times.

--This totally may not be an option, but it would be awesome if you could give ability to edit posts to another person. I started an RP where I put people's characters up in a thread and that was dumb of me in hindsight because every update I have to do. I wanted it to look pretty, but now it's administratively yucky. I know that staff can do edits, but something about making a post public.

--When you lock a thread my experience is that you cannot even bookmark it. Perhaps this is wrong, but I locked a thread and was told it could not be bookmarked. I guess what I'm saying is...it would be nice to be able to bookmark a locked thread.

--Similarly, it would be nice for the person who locked a thread to be able to modify it without unlocking it and then relocking it each time.

--It would be cool if in the quick jumps at the bottom "My Bookmarks" was listed...or relink the "My Bookmarks" at the bottom. Again, just an ease thing and not important.

Hmmm...I might add more to my wishlist, but that's what I see now.

Myrleena

I'm afraid that I've got the same problem as some others, in that the color scheme is giving me a headache because it's so bright.

Jeramiahh

Ditto Myr, the ultra-bright color scheme is driving me from posting, right now, because it's so bright I can't stay on long without it being headache-inducing.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.