News:

Main Menu

Human-Animal Hybrids

Started by Avi, September 05, 2007, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070905/sc_nm/britain_embryo_dc

This article just made my head spin.  I had no idea anyone would be this crazy, or cruel, to try something like this.  If this goes further... can you imagine what it will be like for the children of this "experiment"?
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Swedish Steel

Cool. But I don't see one of these embryos ever be carried to term.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Avi

Me neither, but in today's crazy world, you can never really be sure.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Zaer Darkwail

I think it is possbile enxt step after approving for creating human and animal hybrids (for just sake dodging law forbidding 'human experiments' in name of science) is to make it breed and the research how parental heritaged diseases carry out and this way humans purposefully make a complete new hybrid race.

I would think if this would continue on years it would result a new 'slave' race (if hybrids provide to able be healthy) but I have always been pessimistic :P.

HairyHeretic

How many people have started trying to order their cat girls?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Zaer Darkwail

You mean from research team mixing the DNA's? Not many probably but if one lunatic would get the number he WOULD dare order those XD.

Sherona

"The researchers hope to use the hybrid embryos, which must be destroyed after 14 days, to create stem cells that might provide new medical treatments for degenerative diseases."

There will be no children :)

Zaer Darkwail

Yes, according that promise but sooner or latre they request keep their 'pets' more longer alive for more detailed research and then breeding programs to observe parental heritaged disease process ;). That is what I meanted.

Nell

Of all animals to merge with, why on EARTH would they chose a cow? I'm sure they worked it all out and have their reasons, but it seems to me like a step back in evolution rather than a step forward. Even if it was for medical treatment, I'd prefer not to have a cell with the DNA of a completely incapable animal grown into me. Besides, even if it is just 1% 'animal', there's a strong likelihood that the average human body would still reject it. Sometimes the reactions triggered by experiments such as these can be fatal, and there's no telling if one of these cells being injected into a monkey and successfully treating a condition would mean that it could work on a human. Preliminary stages of new tiers of research are the most susceptible to failure...yet the impact can be profound if it can work and is approved of. No doubt there would be major controversy, but society overall trends towards the liberal over time in terms of concepts such as these.

Apple of Eris

Cross me with a lizard. I could regrow limbs like the cheerleader from heroes! That would be cool.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Zaer Darkwail

You would need quite heck of a lizard to able regenrate THAT fast like the cheerleader from heroes :P. Is there such lizards I wonder? Once you cut it into half it simply regrows into two parts or fixes itself together?

Apple of Eris

Doubt it, but you can't tell me that wouldn't be an awesome power to have.  :)
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Nell

True, but something like that just totally ruins the concept of our species.