Started by Inerrant Lust, May 11, 2017, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TotesRider

Zeke Duvalk take 2

Codename: Blob
Nationality: American
Base: N/A
Affiliation: Ex-Overwatch
Relations: Alan and Diane Duvalk (Mom and Dad), Steven "FuckFace Mc'ShitHead" Duvalk (Brother)
Description: Large green gelatinous body. Two yellow eyes and a purple 'brain' at the end of a tentacle. X/X/X
Biography: Ever wanted to achieve greatness? Zeke Duvalk did. And it kinda fucked him up. A gifted kid from the suburbs of New Jersey, Zeke excelled in most aspects of science. His main expertise however was chemistry. He spent many after school hours mixing and trying out different chemicals and liquids trying out... well whatever came to his mind. Despite his skill and knowledge, he was over looked by his religious parents who preferred sports over science and favored his older brother Steve who was on his way to getting a scholarship and possibly even the NFL. While he tried not to let it bother him, he was growing pretty agitated about being overlooked and almost violently resents his older brother.
During his senior year of highschool. He created a bizarre gel like substance. Blades had trouble cutting through it, heat couldn't evaporate it and it wouldn't freeze. He could imagine the uses of such a thing and began trying to find ways to use the 'DuvalGel'. After a successful test demo, he was given a scholarship to a prestigious academy where he gained a degree in chemistry. During his off time, he continued to perfect the DuvalGel and going through... pretty dangerous tests. One of which involved covering his hand in it and setting it one fire. Word of this Gel began to spread and soon landed in the ears of Overwatch who were looking for some new recruits. While he had no combat experience, he was brought in as a scientist. While he was ecstatic, he was dismayed to find out that he'd be doing more 'support' stuff for some of the bigger agents. Mostly using his chemistry knowledge to help out with Winston's gadgets as well as helping out Mercy. While he tried to be just content with helping, he wanted to be recognized and in the spotlight, causing him to work way into the night to tinker the DuvalGel. In his mind, he wanted to create something that could rival hardlight. Due to the lack of sleep, and add in the growing inferiority complex, he became irritable and was known to lash out at his colleagues and give snide remarks to pretty much everyone which wound up isolating him even more.
When the attack went down at Overwatch HQ, Zeke was caught in the middle while working. He managed to get some good use of the Gel, using it to shield others from bullet and to cover up boiling hot steam and so on. For once Zeke was feeling like he actually mattered. However the heroism got to his head as he covered himself in the gel to try and find a way to disarm the bomb. However by the time he got there, it was already too late as the bomb exploded. While the gel helped protect him, the blast had a bizarre effect and his body was permanently fused to the gel. Over time, his organic self dissolved and he became a sentient goo man. Afterwards, he went into hiding, wallowing in his failure and convinced that he'll always be a failure.

However one day he learned of a certain Gorilla's message to Overwatch agents to return to duty. He was hesitant, but something inside him kept egging him to give it another shot. To stop feeling sorry for himself and actually try to get shit done this time.
Strengths: His stretchy body allows Zeke the ability to swing extremely long punches and kicks. Also he has a bizarre ability to mix chemicals into his body for a variety of effects. To do this, he carries several vials of liquids to pour into his body to create Ice, Fire and Electricity based attacks.
Weaknesses: Despite the long range of his punches, he has trouble picking off snipers. Also if a long punch whiffs, it leave him open to a counter attack while the fist retracts.
Ons/Offs: Considers himself Bisexual. In his words "Dude i'm a fuckin' ball of goo. Can't really be picky." But after some 'encounters' in the past, he's learned how to put his abilities to good use.

Sessha

Alright so then I'm going to do a bit of a combination here.  While I like the idea of doing something with lasers I think I found a far better idea. I'm going to make character who's got a knight's motif to him. Even got a name all picked out for him and everything. Marcus Bishop will be his name. Well actually more like Sir Marcus Bishop, Knight of Crown.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Inerrant Lust

Prosak: That's fine. I don't imagine every character needs to be geared for a 6v6 FPS matchup, anyways. A lot of the powers we see Sym using in her comic are non-combat, like creating a bridge out of light and such. Winston identifies himself as a scientist rather than any kind of soldier or whatnot. :P

Oh, Juggtacular said pretty much the same thing. :P I mean, there are lots of characters in the setting that have special skills but they wouldn't translate well to the game. Sanjay is a corporate negotiator, Brigitte is a mean welder, Torbjorn's wife has a clown car vagina...

TotesRider: I dig it. Poor Zeke ended up blobbified both as a result of his hubris and the crazy circumstances surrounding Overwatch's explosive demise. Seems like he and Reaper might have a few things in common, though Gabriel was obviously just about as disturbed before his 'killer cloud phase' as he was before the incident. 

Sessha: Sounds like he and Reinhardt would get along famously. The sword and the shield? Laser sword!? :D

Sessha

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on May 18, 2017, 09:42:27 AM
Sessha: Sounds like he and Reinhardt would get along famously. The sword and the shield? Laser sword!? :D

More like plasma infused sword really, but yeah that's the gist of the concept.

Inerrant Lust

As for my own ideas about the cast... and possible plot hooks to be used whenever. Basically, if no one is interested in these plots, I won't write 'em. Though... they may occur later on, one or two at a time. The opening of the game would definitely be 'getting the gang back together' rather than any of these.

Detroit Restoration Zone:
McCree has little desire to answer the recall, being a wanted man already. Tracer and Winston visit (awkwardly, what with him being a giant talking Gorilla in public) to try and convince him.

King's Row:
Zenyatta and Genji are visiting the site of Mondatta's death to offer their respects and try to ensure his legacy lives on, even in the most contentious area of human-omnic relations.

Ecopoint Oceania:
Mei is investigating volcanic activity in the Pacific. Unfortunately, with her being listed as MIA, she was never notified of Overwatch's recall and needs to be found. It's safe to assume she'd be thrilled to rejoin the organization.

Oasis:
Mercy is working with the Ministry of Biology to help make Oasis into a paradise.  Pharah and Helix are there providing security. Symmetra is there to help Vishkar get a slice of the pie... and Sombra is trying to make new friends while nominally working on behalf of Talon.

Lijiang Tower:
Jack and Ana are planning to break into Lucheng International on a lead about Talon being involved with its recent financial troubles. Seeing as how Soldier 76 and 'Shrike' are two wanted criminals... the company has hired Hanzo to deal with the problem, an assassin and mercenary eager to prove himself against two deadly foes.

Korea:
Early Warning radar detects the tell-tale sign of the return of the Titan Omnic. It is estimated to reach landfall in less than 24 hours and the news reports this all over the world. D.Va and the MEKA are assembled.

Siberia:
Junkrat and Roadhog have been hired to scrap some Omnics. Unfortunately, they are the wrong kind of Omnics... and Katya Volksaya might just get caught up in the mayhem.

Finland:
Torbjorn is looking for a home to put Bastion in where he can be properly taken care of, where he won't be mistaken as the menace he once was. Try as he might to keep him hidden, the blasted machine keeps wandering off! Meanwhile... Katya Volskaya's daughter is being smuggled to some place off the grid by her bodyguard Zarya.

Numbani:
Lucio is doing a concert in Numbani with Orisa and Efi in attendance. Unfortunately, the peaceful coexistence between omnics and humans in the city has made it into something of a target...

Denmark
Reinhardt has been getting a lot of attention, from saving a village from gangsters in Greenland to making the way to his old friend Torbjorn's home in Sweden for the holidays... Having left for adventures elsewhere, he's painted himself as quite a target for the likes of Reaper and Widowmaker.

Broken

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on May 18, 2017, 02:38:17 PM
As for my own ideas about the cast... and possible plot hooks to be used whenever. Basically, if no one is interested in these plots, I won't write 'em. Though... they may occur later on, one or two at a time. The opening of the game would definitely be 'getting the gang back together' rather than any of these.

Detroit Restoration Zone:
McCree has little desire to answer the recall, being a wanted man already. Tracer and Winston visit (awkwardly, what with him being a giant talking Gorilla in public) to try and convince him.

King's Row:
Zenyatta and Genji are visiting the site of Mondatta's death to offer their respects and try to ensure his legacy lives on, even in the most contentious area of human-omnic relations.

Ecopoint Oceania:
Mei is investigating volcanic activity in the Pacific. Unfortunately, with her being listed as MIA, she was never notified of Overwatch's recall and needs to be found. It's safe to assume she'd be thrilled to rejoin the organization.

Oasis:
Mercy is working with the Ministry of Biology to help make Oasis into a paradise.  Pharah and Helix are there providing security. Symmetra is there to help Vishkar get a slice of the pie... and Sombra is trying to make new friends while nominally working on behalf of Talon.

Lijiang Tower:
Jack and Ana are planning to break into Lucheng International on a lead about Talon being involved with its recent financial troubles. Seeing as how Soldier 76 and 'Shrike' are two wanted criminals... the company has hired Hanzo to deal with the problem, an assassin and mercenary eager to prove himself against two deadly foes.

Korea:
Early Warning radar detects the tell-tale sign of the return of the Titan Omnic. It is estimated to reach landfall in less than 24 hours and the news reports this all over the world. D.Va and the MEKA are assembled.

Siberia:
Junkrat and Roadhog have been hired to scrap some Omnics. Unfortunately, they are the wrong kind of Omnics... and Katya Volksaya might just get caught up in the mayhem.

Finland:
Torbjorn is looking for a home to put Bastion in where he can be properly taken care of, where he won't be mistaken as the menace he once was. Try as he might to keep him hidden, the blasted machine keeps wandering off! Meanwhile... Katya Volskaya's daughter is being smuggled to some place off the grid by her bodyguard Zarya.

Numbani:
Lucio is doing a concert in Numbani with Orisa and Efi in attendance. Unfortunately, the peaceful coexistence between omnics and humans in the city has made it into something of a target...

Denmark
Reinhardt has been getting a lot of attention, from saving a village from gangsters in Greenland to making the way to his old friend Torbjorn's home in Sweden for the holidays... Having left for adventures elsewhere, he's painted himself as quite a target for the likes of Reaper and Widowmaker.

Unfortunately it appears none of these would involve my character's presence, since he wouldn't be near any of these locations.

Angie

If Dean's gonna be anywhere, he'll probably be close to Denmark-and be in the exact place to take on Talon. Considering that Dean's story involves him being active against Talon already, they may even consider him a secondary goal since as far as they know, the "Titan-Slayer" is not an official Overwatch member.

This has absolutely nothing to do with how I already kinda like Reinhardt.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: Broken on May 18, 2017, 03:01:30 PM
Unfortunately it appears none of these would involve my character's presence, since he wouldn't be near any of these locations.

These are all kind of long-term and most wouldn't trigger until further down the road. If they'd trigger at all... I'm just throwing ideas out there with the canon characters as I imagine they could fit in together.

Stella Maris

Well, if the game gets off the ground and I'm in, my character is named KA1-38. Nicknamed "Kaleb" by people who don't want to use the model designation.
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os

Sessha

King's Row:

This would be the one that Marcus would best suited for honestly.

Sessha

Well it's not quite a complete character yet. My brain is blanking on a few things so yeah here he is, Sir Marcus Bishop's Knight of the British Crown rough draft.

Codename: Lancelot
Nationality: English
Base: London, England
Affiliation: Overwatch (Formerly), British Crown
Relations:  N/A
Description: Blonde hair, Lean Muscular build with bionic implants for increased strength and reflexes
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Biography: WiP
Strengths: Very fast and damaging in melee combat
Weaknesses: Mostly Melee with very limited range abilities.
Ons/Offs: M/F, F/F threesomes and dislikes all the usual customers

TheFourthShade

Big Book of Plot Points

These all sound like they have potential.

Sessha

Anybody know what happened to the GM?

Inerrant Lust

I'm still here. :P

I've just been a bit busy over the last few days and a little on the fence about this one. Let's see, so far we have, tentatively...

Lancelot, Knight...Guy (Sessha)
Kaleb, Tech-savvy Omnic (Stella Maris)
Blob, Overwatch Scientist (Totesrider)
Kage, Hier of the Shimada (Juggtacular)
Albert Thompson, Interpol Agent (Major Major)
Firebug, Overwatch Washout (Premier)
Kirin, Cyborg Avenger (Broken)
Reactress, Chameleon Omnic (Shade)
Harold Dean, Titan Slayer (Angie)
Tentative (Shadowfox)
Tentative (Neysha)
Tentative (Guancyto)
Tentative (eternaldarkness)
Tentative (Prosak)

Canons people have expressed interest in
D.Va: Ron Don Volante, Angie
Zenyatta: Juggtacular
Tentative: Stella Maris
Ana: Angie
Genji, Juggtacular

Sessha

To give it a proper context Inerrant Marcus would be a Newtech Knight. He uses modern armor and modern weapons. Though his armor has a slight medieval knight look to it and he uses a plasma sword.

Inerrant Lust

I'm still somewhat on the fence about this, in case anyone's curious.

Dunno, just not sure what I can do with the current roster... as far as plots and interactions with eachother and canonical characters, if people so desire. I have a few ideas, but nothing I'm extraordinary confident about.

Sessha

I'm sure there is something that can be done to help with this concept. I mean for starters you got a wide array of characters. Though arguably the hardest to work with among them is Major's character. Unless someone wants to play with his character on the other side of the law itself.

As for ideas it might mean taking on a co-gm but I think you might be able to get the characters together eventually by bringing them together through various methods. Like an over-arching plot thread that links each one of the character incidents together themselves.

Inerrant Lust

Major's character, I don't know if it would be too hard. I basically would just have to put him in the thick of any dramatic conflicts going on between Overwatch and Talon.

The issue may be that I was kind of interested in the existing cast and maybe a few OCs on the side. I think there's a lot of charm and untapped potential to the canons and while OCs can certainly strengthen those stories and plots, I wasn't expecting it to be more heavy on the OC side. That might be my fault for not properly explaining myself in the original post... For me, having a game of predominantly OCs just seems like it's drifting away from Overwatch and more towards a separate superhero kind of setting.

But that's sort of expected, isn't it? Overwatch is such a great setting because it inspired all these characters... so I dunno. *big shrug* I should have figured out what I wanted to do before posting this idea, maybe.. >_>

TotesRider

Hey it's cool man. Happens to me all the fuckin' time.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, OC's are awesome but even so they have some established elements on them....so people prefer to be creative and create their own cool chars with own stories (using their own creativity instead borrowing from established info given said char).

I myself would be inspired to play Soldier 76 (if speak canon) and for my OC I had thought to play someone from Finland (the Finland plot especially intriqued me and thought perfect OC of mine would come from my own home country :D). In concept wise; thought to play someone average from Finland who did not play part in Overwatch or in Omnic conflict (Omnic conflict did not reach Finland and being flanked by Denmark, Russia and german from south sort blocked the invasions). Finland had only handful smaller omnics which were owned by rich corporations and those were handled locally easily enough.

But by circumstances get involved with Bastion or with smuggled daugther with Zarya (or both get involved somehow :P).

Snake

I haven't played much OW but I'm interested! :3

Haitori Aoyama

Codename: White Death
Nationality: American/Japanese
Base: Los Angeles, CA
Affiliation: US Marine corp, LAPD, hopefully Overwatch
Relations: None
Description: Short Brown hair, blue eyes, athletic/physically fit, stands about 6'
Biography: Originally born in Okinawa, Japan on the marine base between an american father and japanese mother. Lived in Japan until about 15 when father was transferred back to America, joined military halfway through his senior year in highschool upon early graduation. Served two tours of duty in foreign countries and was recruited as a sniper early on thanks to an inherent talent for gauging distance and conditions, along with an ability to think of the fly combined with nearly inhuman patience. After his time in the military, he opted out when it came time to re-enlist when he heard his father was in failing health and joined the LAPD to stay close to home. When his dad finally passed. He'd had to fight in the war against the Omnics and often worked with some of the OW members in a support role and came to understand how they operated.

He found in his father's records some scientific data he'd collected on the omnics and some designs for better weaponry to deal with the mecha. Though he lacked any way to make prototypes; his father had always meant to offer them to the Overwatch; having quietly supported them since their inception. The old man had never really bought into the whole "they're the bad guys" schtick that everyone was pushing after a colossal screw-up by OW due to no fault of their own. It'd been a surprise for Haitori because his father was always quiet about what he thought of what was going on and kept his designs hidden in a safe and didn't let anyone see them.

Feeling that it would be what his dad would've wanted, Haitori decided to apply to join.

Thanks to accomplishments and such; he was accepted into the organization and given more in-depth training on how to properly snipe omnics. He was given a more high-tech version of his anti-tank rifle that would fire powerful bolts of plasma instead of shells. The rifle was customized for him upon his request when he saw it, favoring a sleeker design over bulk and a slightly longer barrel to further concentrate the plasma charge to provide more piercing power.
Strengths: can accurately shoot at very long ranges and pierce armor, and hold his own in close range, and can take some punishment thanks to his light weight body armor. Can teleport short distances to paritally alleviate slow movement speed
Weaknesses: Doesn't move very fast due to heavy anti-tank sniper rifle, Requires time and position to make shots count, reloads rifle a bit slowly. Teleport ability is line-of-sight only and had to recharge.
Ons/Offs: MxF a bit vanilla but open-minded/ offs: normal stuff- gore, scat, watersports, etc

I don't know if it's good since I dont' play OW alot (no ps4 or online ability)_ but I've seen enough to understand how it works. So don't be too nasty please..

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you need check Overwatch wiki bit Snake to add some Overwatch fluff on that background :). Omnics (basically sentient robots) became big major threat in near past (around decade) ago. Overwatch was created as counter for that and other military threats but since omnics got defeated, Overwatch was accused for corruption and people turning sort against the heroes sort deal. So anti-tank rifle could be 'anti-omnic' rifle and Overwatch overall has high tech stuff/sci-fi feel (so your rifle can remain big and cumbersome but it should have fire power in comparison to a arttilery scale to even dent omnic units and perhaps your char was trained to counter bigger omnics by fring pin point accurate shots on their sensitive systems past their armor with your overpowered plasma rifle).

Snake

<Read Wiki> Yeah no go, on this connection; Wiki-ing anything is like trying to drive a humvee through a swamp yo. It lags really bad.

I know about the Omnics and all that from seeing a friend play through the game and showing me the story-line bits.

Honestly the teleport is based on the "blink" power from Dishonored :P

And that would make more sense but I sort of wanted to do a char that was "New" to Overwatch's roster, to RP gaining the super high tech weapons and all. He can already pinpoint shoot things and it wouldn't be much to learn to sniper control boxes and all.  I wanted to leave somethings to RP at least. But I can add it in if you'd think it'd help more.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Overwatch may have best toys from the all. But overall tech in all militaries had been in rise and developed in concert (and several Overwatch members had given data or working developing new tech to some countries and militaries). So perhaps brush up bit more sci-fi stuff as gear/training wise would help merge him more to Overwatch universe ;). My own suggestion anyways but up to GM comment/decide. However perhaps most common threat are crime organizations and terrorist groups in military wise than omnics. But war with omnics should had got impact on his life (most likely on his father who worked in military after all). Some point Overwatch was seriously dreamed about to join in (become venerated hero/superstars). So many top military operatives waited to be enlisted until Overwatch group was shut down (and present their activities could considered illegal as they lack legal support atm).

Snake

I fixed it up a bit with that in mind, how is it?

Like his dad was a supporter of OW even when it collapsed and had some designs for weaponry and armor for them but never could share them.