City of Heroes - As Tomorrow Dies- (Ongoing Recruitment!)

Started by Xenolord, April 15, 2014, 09:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolord

I'm glad there's so much love for such a great game. I was starting to think, for a while there, I was the only CoH player here.

I do, however, need characters. *Poke, poke*

Lunaris

That floating isle idea sounds pretty darned cool, if you ask me!

My big mains were a Ice/Rad Corruptor (My first PVP charrie, no less), a Plant/Ice Dominator (I felt like Storm when she got Waterspout from Mako!), Ninja Blade/Ninjitsu Stalker, Kinetic Melee/Electric Aura Scrapper, and Fire/Elec Blapper. I'm pretty sure I tried over 50 other powersets as well. Severe Altitis!

I think my scrapper is the most likely person to have survived the Day of Flame, simply because she was an adrenaline junkie that liked to make a show of surviving against impossible odds and/or had to fight off waves and waves of enemies because being a Praetorian Rogue tends to attract a lot of gunfire.

AribethAmkiir

I loved CoH, but I stopped playing in like April of '05.  They had just introduced Rikti and Praetorians. 

Would I be completely lost if I tried to join this game?

Sinestra

I don't think so... I mean, the whole game-world basically got nuked and reset... sure you might not understand the backstory as much, but I don't see why you couldn't have your character also have that same lack of memory... have them with amnesia or something from the events that came before, and I'm sure everything would be fine.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Xenolord

I'm with Sinestra. Plus, you have.  Lot of CoH veterans who can explain it o you over time, OOC or IC if you so choose.

AribethAmkiir

Currently then things are going to be freeform PvP or still PvE? 

Do you care if the pictures are animated or actual people?

Xenolord

I'be decided to break it up into 3 threads, Western Paragon City - which is for PvE encounters between player heroes and NPC villains... Eastern Paragon City - for PvE encounters between Villains and NPC controlled heroes... and then The Divide - The Divide is the only current entrance Arachnos has in Western Paragon, and is a PvP zone which will do... something. Don't know if The Divide will use a system or what. May have it closed off until I work it out.

I don't personally care. One of my characters has an animated picture, and the other's from a music video so... whatever.

AribethAmkiir

Will PvP include character death?  Or have they been able to repair the mediports in the last 2 years?

Xenolord

Depends. If we go with a system on PvP, there will be optional character death, but only if you decide you want your character to die. If we go freeform, then no. Mediporters are functioning enough.

The short is, yes - but only if you want to.

Thrasius

Player: Thrasius
Character Name: Chester B. Floyd
Alias: Mr. Flint or Flint
Threat:
Affiliation: Arachnos
Archetype: Technology Brute
Primary Power Set: Super Strength
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Turn Ons: Anyone who can dish out damage/beat him up, causing death, destruction, fire, extortion, pretty much anything involving chaos.
Turn Offs: None
Personality: Insane, sadistic, masochistic, arrogant, savage, materialistic.
Background:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Chester B. Floyd was born into a rich, mob family in which his father, Charles Floyd, was the leader. While his father was not the 'big boss', he still had control over a small district of the city. On top of that, he was well liked by the god father. After Chester was born, he was quickly shown the tricks of the trade and how to basically run the mob by his father. He often recalls the memories of when he and his father went into the local bars and shops to have the owners pay up their expenses. Chester remembered how cool his dad looked whenever one of the owners said they didn't have any money, causing him and his bodyguards to beat the man unconsciousness. His teenage life would continue on until he was about twenty where things took a turn for the worst.

It had been a couple of years, but Chester was now running jobs for his father completely on his own. On one of his routine drug pickup runs, he was ambushed by another mob who claimed that he was in their territory. Quickly attempting to flee from the group, Chester was surrounded and tied up before he could get anywhere. Tying a thick rope around him, the mobsters explained that they were going to make an example out of him. To Chester horror, he could see that they were pulling tires and a gallon of what was presumably gasoline. Sitting Chester up, they put one tire around his neck and the other around his feet, dosed him in gasoline and, just as they were about to throw the lighter on him, a sharp, loud noise suddenly erupted from behind him.

It was a gunshot and, luckily for Chester, they were on his side. However, just when he thought that his luck had changed, he watched as one of the bullets suddenly struck the lighter, causing it to erupt into flame. At that exact moment, everything was in slow motion. The rival mob were all running away slowly. The gas from the lighter igniting right in front of Chesters' eyes. Even the bullets that were zipping on by overhead were visible. Taking in one last deep breath, the fire spread to the gasoline and caused it to catch. All Chester remembers from that point was him screaming, and a bright light fading into black. And then there was nothing.

Somehow, Charles was tipped off that his son was going to be ambushed, but, by the time they had arrived, it was to late. In the hospital, the doctor explained that he was in critical condition, having burns over one-hundred percent of his body and losing sight in one eye. In short, he wasn't going to make it without help from technology. Deciding to take things into his own hands, his father opted to have his surgery done by a well known Clockwork scientist, Dr. Garret, who specialized in robotics. Pulling some strings with Clockwork, Charles managed to arrange the surgery with Garret, seeing as he owed the mob a favor. The next day at the office, Garret explained that the technology he was working with was still in its testing phase and that the operation might fail. Not wanting to lose his son, Charles told him to continue with the surgery.

After being unconscious for nearly two days, Chester could finally opened both his eye and his new eye. But something didn't sit right with him. His vision seemed...fake, almost. He couldn't describe it. It just didn't look normal. His breathing seemed timed, like he couldn't control it even if he wanted to. Everything felt numb to. Sitting up, he soon discovered that his...well, everything was now covered in robotics. Touching his fingers together, he felt nothing. And then there was the high pitched whirring constantly playing in his head. Already awake for two minutes and he was starting to feel crazy. Was this a dream? No, this was Hell, right? Looking over towards the opening door, Garret and Charles both walked in. Smiling. Like something good happened. Needless to say, Chester quickly became angry and grabbed the doctor and asked what he did to him.

Charles then said that he was the one to make the decision. The whirring became even louder the angrier Chester got, only making his rage continue to grow. Tossing the doctor all the way across the room, Chester suddenly grabbed his father by the throat. "Why?" Was the only word that came out of Chester's mouth, if you could even call it talking, reaching up to feel if his lips were still there. The whirring in his head was like a worm drilling its way through his brain. He could feel it. Tossing his father aside, Chester made his way outside only to be met by a large group of his father's mobsters, most likely waiting for him. Quickly running past the group, he made his way into the alleyways and hid in a large dumpster. As if his luck couldn't be any worse, the date was November 30th, 2012.

Just like his accident, Chester doesn't really remember the Day of Flame. All he knows is that he awoke under a pile of rubble. Thanks to his new implants, he was easily able to push his way out and was also the reason that he survived. Why was Lady Luck on his side now? The two years following the Day of Flame, Chester, or Mr. Flint as he now calls himself, has been keeping himself busy trying to form another mob, rightly named the Steam-Punks, just like his father did. Most of his time is now spent trying to make as much money as possible, while also trying to have fun while doing so (AKA killing, burning, destroying). He mostly only deals with Arachnos if there is something in it for him, although it's not unlike him to help them out just for the sake of being evil.

Motto: "Everybody has a little crazy in 'em. It's just that some have more than others... a lot more."

Other Info: It should also be noted that he will sometimes suck in air through his teeth because he doesn't have any lips to contain his spit. The Steam Punks group he has formed is a very small group that he leads. Despite the name, he is the only one who looks even remotely close to being steam punk. He mainly chose the name because it sounded cool. He also gets angry if anyone calls him by his real name.

Xenolord

I love him, Thrasius! Now if some other people could post their characters.

Thrasius

How many more people are we hoping to get before we start?

Sinestra

A fair number of people have posted their characters actually...
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Elven Sex Goddess

Player:  Elven Sex Goddess
Character Name:  Alkippe
Alias:  Amazonia
Threat:
Affiliation:  Freedom Phalanx

Archtype:

Primary Power Set:   Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set:  Invulnerability
Sexual Orientation: Bi-sexual 
Turn ons:  Non-sexual putting the hurt on megalomaniacs.   Sexually those who beat her in fair combat.   
Turn offs:  Those that do not rise up to the challenge.  In other words cowards.
Personality:   Arrogant (Applies towards men),  conservative (To the old ways), hot-tempered and authority  (male authority as men are inferior in all things.   Unless that man has proven himself to her,  she will treat him with disdain as if he were a child.)
Background
Alkippe whose name means meaning "mighty mare."   Was born during the time of ancient Greece was ruled by city states.  A strong and fierce Amazonian warrior.   Never defeated in any of the battles.   This daughter of the fierce prideful tribe of women.   Through never defeated, did face legendary heroes and villains to which  a few she would battled to a draw.    Such she would breed with,  for any that could do such were worthy to be one to procreate with. 

Caught the attention of the three brothers,  that formed the trinity of Greek pantheon.   Zeus,  Posiedan and Pluto.   A dark time would come to the world.   A world beyond the time of the gods.  A time when a champion would be needed.   One that will be fearless to stand up against impossible odds.   To give the world hope.

Transported to the future, through the power of Ouroboros  Alkippe was not the eight foot high giantess she transformed into.  As Zeus transformed, Posiedon gives her the gift of invulnerability. While Pluto would give her the ability to tap into the underworld and draw the dark power within. 

A stranger in a strange land.   The world had changed, to such an extent.    The meek have inherited the world.

Motto:  "Thou that test us, makes us stronger."

Metro Mech

What is she weak to? Since that ability still has a weakness.
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 12:46:24 AM
What is she weak to? Since that ability still has a weakness.

As per the invulnerability power set - Invulnerability offers no protection from Psionic attacks.   

Metro Mech

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on April 26, 2014, 01:07:22 AM
As per the invulnerability power set - Invulnerability offers no protection from Psionic attacks.
magic as well?
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 01:08:26 AM
magic as well?

No

Invulnerability is really a bad name for the power set.   It is more I would say damage reduction.   With it gaining a aegis like ability with Unyielding level.     

As most have different weakness,  Invulnerability is Psionic  will for example  Will power is vulnerable to alpha strikes, or electrical has a weakness verse toxic attacks.     

Sinestra

Yah, the various power sets all had names that, in one way or another, didn't rightly fit at times. Even Dark Miasma was a little strange with it opening black holes to the nether realm... didn't quite seem "Miasma-like" per say.

The defensive power sets were always a bit weird too (for Brutes and other tough-characters). Invulnerability had weaknesses to Psionic and Toxic to a lesser extent, but was strong against status effects and lethal damage... not that they couldn't be hurt by it, they just had really good resistance to it.

It's important to note, I think, that with this game we need to keep the scope of the world at hand. Invulnerability in CoH means something far different than saying Invulnerability in DC or Marvel.

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

Xenolord

Aaaaaaand I think it's safe to say we've got enough people to start.

So, I am going to work on getting yon threads up. Thank you everyone for your patience, and I apologize about the delay.

Xenolord