News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

No Treats for Obama Supporters

Started by Kurzyk, November 02, 2008, 10:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurzyk

Primarch

Inkidu

It's things like this that make me happy I'm having trouble registering. This election is just petty and nasty. I can't stand it. Though to be fair there were probably liberals holding out for Obama, and independents for independents.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kurzyk

I fully support voting so get in there and register Mr.!  :D

Problem with this is she was rejecting children because of her own political opinions which does nothing but make them feel rejected and sad over reasons they don't understand.

Inkidu

Quote from: Kurzyk on November 02, 2008, 10:51:31 AM
I fully support voting so get in there and register Mr.!  :D

Problem with this is she was rejecting children because of her own political opinions which does nothing but make them feel rejected and sad over reasons they don't understand.
I'm trying but it doesn't look like I'll make it this election. Still its sad.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sherona

what I find most sad is people like her get most of the attention, and give fuel to the fire that conservatives are vindictive and will do anything to achieve their agenda, when ALL parties have people who woudl do what ever it took to achieve their agenda's.

What people do not understand is when they act like this it hurts their ideas, their campaigns, their what ever be it olitical, religious, or just simply a statement, by acting in such a rude, crass, and rather mean way.

Be so glad when Nov 4th is over so I can stop hearing everywhere I go "Conservatives are Evil!' or "Liberals are Evil!" when its just each have their own ideas of what/how teh founding fathers wished for America to be governed.

I fully expect after this election, (I can only pray!), that the other parties that are less known, have less money at their finger tips, and thus have less publicity will become more known so we have more then just two viable candidates.

Trieste

Quote from: Kurzyk on November 02, 2008, 10:51:31 AM

Exactly. If any of my kids ended up at that woman's house, the only thing that would stop me from asking her what was wrong in her sad little world would be the kids that I would then have to console. What a horrible thing to do on one of the two quintessential kids' holidays ... the only thing that might be worse is setting up a Santa stand and requiring children to state who their parents voted for in order to get a picture with Santa ...

What a terrible, awful, no good, very bad thing to do. My god.

Sherona

Quote from: Trieste on November 02, 2008, 11:37:02 AM
Exactly. If any of my kids ended up at that woman's house, the only thing that would stop me from asking her what was wrong in her sad little world would be the kids that I would then have to console. What a horrible thing to do on one of the two quintessential kids' holidays ... the only thing that might be worse is setting up a Santa stand and requiring children to state who their parents voted for in order to get a picture with Santa ...

That is also somethng that ran through my mind. Sorry, but if someone on our halloween stops had a sign like that up, no matter if I supported who they wanted me to support, I would have passed them by.

Oniya

Quote from: Trieste on November 02, 2008, 11:37:02 AM

Frankly, for one thing, there's no way she'd know who we were voting for, since neither of us has made a firm statement around the little one - although once the little one is old enough to understand the issues, she'd be able to deduce our leanings.  (The booths have curtains for a reason!)  Secondly, if someone in our neighborhood was turning away kids, I'd think the kids would be thrilled if an adult stood up to the bully.

'Cause that's what it is, pure and simple.  She's bullying the kids because she's the one with the candy.  I hope she got left with a ton of it, and that it was all imported from China.  (Okay, not really.  But I will hope that it leaves her with a huge dental bill.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Overlord

What a dumb bitch, if she lived in my neighborhood, later that night she would have gotten a few rocks through her windows. Courtesy of Halloweeners For Obama.

Oniya

Possibly a few rolls of T.P. followed by a run-through with a Super-Soaker.  Or maybe just convince a few of the local Amish horses to let go in front of her driveway. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Moondazed

How sad :(

In George Washington's Farewell Address he warned against the party system. "It serves to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration....agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one....against another....it opens the door to foreign influence and corruption...thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another."

At the point someone defines themselves as liberal or conservative, the Us/Them mentality kicks in and people become depersonalized, which is never a good thing.  People are more complex than liberal/conservative, no matter how strongly the parties play on the Us/Them dynamics.  I would love to talk to a person who considers themselves conservative who can explain why to me, because so far I've talked to single issue voters (gun control, abortion, gay marriage, etc.) or people who don't give a shit about anyone else and only look out for their own gain.  I could draw the conclusion that that's how all conservatives are, but I know that's not the case :) 

Anyway, I don't mean to take the thread off topic.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Inkidu

Quote from: moondazed on November 02, 2008, 07:09:07 PM
How sad :(

In George Washington's Farewell Address he warned against the party system. "It serves to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration....agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one....against another....it opens the door to foreign influence and corruption...thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another."

At the point someone defines themselves as liberal or conservative, the Us/Them mentality kicks in and people become depersonalized, which is never a good thing.  People are more complex than liberal/conservative, no matter how strongly the parties play on the Us/Them dynamics.  I would love to talk to a person who considers themselves conservative who can explain why to me, because so far I've talked to single issue voters (gun control, abortion, gay marriage, etc.) or people who don't give a shit about anyone else and only look out for their own gain.  I could draw the conclusion that that's how all conservatives are, but I know that's not the case :) 

Anyway, I don't mean to take the thread off topic.
Good old Gorge. Best president we never elected.

RubySlippers

He was elected under the old system the states appointed Electors and they made a list of names for president and voted, whoever got the most votes was president and the second most popular vice president. It was far better than this mess we have now.

The Overlord

Quote from: Oniya on November 02, 2008, 03:48:12 PM
Possibly a few rolls of T.P. followed by a run-through with a Super-Soaker.  Or maybe just convince a few of the local Amish horses to let go in front of her driveway. 

Or...

Some years back we had a nasty neighbor that I bestowed a late-Halloween gift on.

We always knew the guy was crazy but weren't sure why, turns out later he was a steroid freak in his younger days and that stuff can rot your brain. Had been several instances where he'd been an A-hole to various family members. Came about late November-early December, but the little pumpkin my sister bought was still on the corner of the porch and forgotten by that time.

It had started to go bad by then, but this was one of those damn cold Chicago-metro winters, by this point that sucker was frozen solid.

So, I proceeded to empty the contents of the cats' litter box into that pumpkin and in the wee hours of the night, sent it arcing across the street and bombed it onto his porch. Hit the door with a thump that echoed up the street and send shards of rotten pumpkin and cat shit all over the place.

For this woman who would screw up the kids holiday evening for something like this, I might reserve that next pumpkin for her kitchen window.  :)

Methos

Nothing says "I respectfully disagree" like arson and vandalism...
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Ons and offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13590

Oniya

And nothing says childhood like a little society-approved blackmail.  ;D  After all, the holiday originated with offerings left out to appease the Fae Folk as they came through, and dressing up was a way to prevent them from recognizing you (or a way to frighten them away, depending on your sources).

Seriously though - it's trick-or-treat.  A time when kids dress up, run around later than they would normally be outside, and have a massive sugar crash after they get home.  Sure, there were a couple kids I didn't think deserved candy (the ones walking around in a sweatshirt and jeans, who couldn't tell me what they were dressed as - I'd've given points for a creative answer!) but no-one who came to my house was turned away without something.

The Overlord

Quote from: Oniya on November 04, 2008, 09:58:17 AM
Sure, there were a couple kids I didn't think deserved candy (the ones walking around in a sweatshirt and jeans, who couldn't tell me what they were dressed as - I'd've given points for a creative answer!)

I would have settled for 'an X-box player that put his controller down long enough to walk outside and get some air'. That would have scored candy here.  :)

MusicNeverDies

I wish they'd had a camera on her face during the results.

Oniya

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the results come in.  Especially since Michigan went Blue.  Guess that's her 'trick'!  ;D

gwyn

IT'S ALL GOOD BECAUSE THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the shadow of the moon, she danced in the starlight, whispering a haunting tune to the night. . .

My ons and offs...come play with me... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=23079.msg902313#msg902313

The Overlord

Quote from: gwyn on November 09, 2008, 05:15:18 PM

Damn straight. Even McCain recognized the significance of that.

Moondazed

Quote from: gwyn on November 09, 2008, 05:15:18 PM

No need to yell :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Revolverman

Im shocked her house wasn't egged, or worse.