Interest Check: BSOC (Big Slut On Campus) - Modified TFOS RPG

Started by Top Cat, February 22, 2017, 02:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Cat

I have an idea for a game, but I'm not sure there's enough interest for it. I'll lay out the basics for now, and see if we can get enough players to make it worthwhile.

First, the basics: Teenagers From Outer Space (TFOS, the RPG mentioned in the title) is a 1980's-era RPG. It is based very loosely on anime comedy shows like Ranma 1/2, Project A-Ko, Dragon Half, and Urusei Yatsura. The idea is that aliens have invaded... and are sending their teenagers to our schools. Infatuated with human culture, the aliens found it more useful to interact with us than destroy us. You play a teenager (human or alien), and try to get through the day-to-day life of a teenager in high school.

This game will be using a modified version of the TFOS rules. If you're not familiar with TFOS, that's OK, there will be a brief explanation of the core rules, and how the game differs. The important information is that this is about comedy and the day-to-day chaos in college life. Sex-obsessed college life.

- - - - - - - - - -

The plot: Remember when being called a slut was an insult? Yeah, me neither. Something happened back in the days. Mitzi told me that it was when Omega Mu, which was already the most popular sorority on campus, went and had sex with those weird Tri-Lambda boys. Everyone thought that Omega Mu would be run out of town, but they became even more popular. After that, it sorta became a competition, with people trying to one-up each other, and have even more sex. So much so, that there's even rules about it. Unwritten rules, duh, because we can't let the Administration get their hands on it. But basically, when two people have sex for the first time, the cooler person is "Getting Lucky," and the other person is "Being a Slut." Both are good, but in different ways - BLOC (Big Lucky On Campus) gets to call the shots at certain times of the year, and BSOC (Big Slut On Campus) has to do anything with anyone on Hell Week. Either way, both are mega-mega-popular people.

What? No, Lucky isn't always the man, and Slut isn't always the woman. Duh! How would you rate sex between two of the Eta Beta Pi lesbians? Well, and some guys want to be Slut - Mitzi says that it was some guy from Alpha Zeta who thought it was sexist that guys couldn't be Sluts, and, like, he was totally right.

- - - - - - - -

All genders allowed, all sexual preferences allowed. Aliens of all type allowed. High activity (multiple posts per day, ideally) loose plot with occasional (Weekly or bi-weekly) Events, wacky hijinks, Boy-Girl Guns (and other gender-bending shenanigans), interruptions, point-theft antics, and more.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

wander

Awesome pitch!

I'm interested, I don't own the system in question though that doesn't look to be a problem if the pitch is to be believed. :)

Interest marker placed.  ;D

Top Cat

Classic (First Edition) TFOS rule book can be found here (legally!). Third edition character sheet is here.

The stats won't all be the same (Driving and RWP stats will be removed, still working on replacements*), and I'll be streamlining some of the other elements of the game as well.

* Not sure if Sex Appeal should replace Driving, or just be the "adult" version of Looks. RWP will either be RWF (Rep With Fraternity/Sorority) or RWA (Rep With Administration). If anyone has ideas, feel free to toss them out.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Idlewyld

Interest marked, though I'll have to see if I still have the rulebook

Top Cat

Some more information regarding player races.

• Human characters get a +1 to Social rolls because they're the very core and essence of the collegiate social system. They also get one roll on the Human Powers chart (or one selection of a Human Power, at GM's discretion).
  • Near Human characters have no benefit or penalty on Social rolls. They adapted well to Human life. They get one roll on the Alien Powers chart (or one selection, at GM's discretion).
  • Not-Very-Near Human (NVN Human, for short) characters get a -1 to Social rolls. They're still a little too weird for most people to deal with, but can blend in with some effort. They get two rolls on the Alien Powers chart (or selections, etc).
  • Real Weirdie characters get a whopping -3 to Social rolls, due to them being, well, WEIRD (and usually not just in appearance). And that grass-guy who hangs out in the Bushes so that he can "join in" when a couple of coeds try to have a quickie doesn't help matters any. On the flip side, they get +1 Social when dealing with other Real Weirdies - the freaks need to look out for each other, you know? They get three rolls on the Alien Powers chart (or selections, etc).
O/O / Story Seeds

CeruleanSerenity

I'm curious about what this would be like... but I'm not familiar with the system at all, and I probably won't have time to look into it until next week.

I don't think I could manage multiple posts per day, though.

Top Cat

I don't have a problem with one-a-day, provided it's reasonably consistent. The problems I've encountered in the past was when most of the players were progressing regularly (a couple of post a day or one a day), while one or two people were effectively tying things up with few posts per week. That ends up being disruptive when there's some group dynamics that require most or all of the characters to be "present."
O/O / Story Seeds

yesiroleplay

this sounds awesome.  and fun!
college life like it was meant to be

Top Cat

So we've got three Yes and one Maybe so far. I want at least six to convert it to a full sign-up, but this is encouraging. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

Top Cat

While the fictional university that this will take place in likely has a large number of fraternities, sororities, and so on, I want to keep it narrower (at least to start) - so there will only be three "Greek" organizations for players to be connected with.

ΔυΔε - Delta Upsilon Delta Epsilon - Men-only Fraternity. This is where all the dudebros go.
??? - (Unnamed yet) - Women-only Sorority. This is where all the dudettes go.
ΧΟ - Chi Omicron - Any-gender Service Fraternity. Anyone who doesn't go to those two goes here. Male, female, hermaphrodite, omnisexual aliens, gendermorphs, and everything else under the sun - this place is open to anyone who wants to go here... or DOESN'T want to go to the other two.
O/O / Story Seeds

Gateman

Top Cat

Got room for everyone, still don't have enough to start, though.  8-)

I'll let it sit over the weekend, and if we still don't have enough, I'll call it off. *shrug*
O/O / Story Seeds

Gateman

Darkwhysper

I'd be interested...I think i even have the system kicking around somewhere too!
Where's your will to be weird?   

~Jim Morrison

Ons and Offs

Top Cat

Closing this due to lack of interest. I'll try again some other time.  8-)
O/O / Story Seeds