Question about group RP placement

Started by cassia, July 19, 2010, 10:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassia

I am about to begin a group RP, and don't know which forum is most appropriate for it. It's clearly human, not exotic, and the overall theme is light; however, I don't want to limit players who wish to RP non-con or BDSM in one-on-one or group interactions broken off from the main group. To which forum should this be posted?

Caeli

You should post your group game in Light: Human Small Groups for now.

Later, if all members of your group discuss and agree to have the game moved to a higher "level" (regardless of who participates in which threads), you can contact a deity (god, goddess, genie) to move your game threads.

Remember that not every thread needs to be within your specified category, i.e., your bondage game can still have threads that only have scenarios that might fit under the light category. However, your group game must be placed in a forum appropriate to the highest level of content in your game - that is, even if you have nine threads that are Light and one thread that is Bondage, your entire game needs to be placed in Bondage.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Haibane

That's an interesting take on the way the forum classifications work, Caeli. In the past I have had people suggest to me, that in a group game set in the BON section where there's say 3 or 4 threads... if some players wanted to add NC elements it was suggested a thread for the game could go in the NC section, separate from the other threads in the game. I take it then that was an incorrect suggestion?

To Cassia - I would suggest you discuss this with your players and decide what elements the game MAY extend towards. If everyone's in agreement and wants to be in a game that includes BON or NC elements then you should consider placing the game in the appropriate forum.

The 'BON' classification also covers BDSM play which can be any form of sexual activity where one character dominates another - and one consensually submits. We're not talking whips and chains here, just a person taking control in even subtle ways could come under a BDSM heading. Non-consensual however is a MUCH bigger step so exercise caution that your players agree to play in games with such content.

But getting agreement first before you set the game up is a good way to avoid some headaches and extra work later.

Caeli

Quote from: Haibane on July 20, 2010, 07:26:03 AM
That's an interesting take on the way the forum classifications work, Caeli. In the past I have had people suggest to me, that in a group game set in the BON section where there's say 3 or 4 threads... if some players wanted to add NC elements it was suggested a thread for the game could go in the NC section, separate from the other threads in the game. I take it then that was an incorrect suggestion?

Sure, if you preferred to separate your game threads into different forums, that's really your choice. To me, that seems a bit illogical, since if the game were to become large enough to require its own subforum, the classification that I suggested would take place regardless.

Of course, it doesn't really matter where you place your games, as long as the players know where everything is. There's no real "right" or "wrong" way, just preferences. However, I find it much easier to keep all the threads for one game, in one area.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs