Twisted Western [EX]

Started by thebobmaster, November 19, 2011, 02:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

Welcome to Redwood. While time has gone on, and technology has been improved, Redwood has sat by, untouched by the changing society, for the most part. While women are still the equals of men, the city follows the Wild West form of law enforcement, as well as weapon technology. While this does provide risk to those who inhabit the city, it is also quite rewarding of a living for those with loose enough morals to hustle, steal, or worse, as well as those who are willing to take up a bit of off-the-record crimefighting...for a fee, of course.

Basically, this RP would be open-ended, with no real plot or story other than what the players come up with. It would take place in a sort of hybrid Western/modern setting, where the technology has remained in the past, but the societal standards match up with the outside world, such as clothing standards.

However, if you are interested, be warned. Law enforcement is fairly lax, and what happens in dark alleys, as well as behind closed doors, is not easily prevented. Basically, the only limits will be those set by participants.

If you aren't afraid to get a bit rough, and act out a character in a somewhat Western setting, both in good ways and bad, feel free to join in. There is always room for more in the city of Redwood.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Xanthaine

I'd be game if you could find others... :)

Kate

I would be interested, especially if some paranormal things occasionally occured or it wasnt ruled out.

AndyZ

I'm curious about this idea but I'd like more information.  What would be some of the plot arcs?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Ophelia Jaxon

I'm in :D I'd write a char for you, but I'm off to bed so will do it tomorrow. Save me a spot :D
ζ ·· The Ideas ·· The Kinks ·· The Apologies ·· The Rabbit Hole ·· ζ
come get a little crazy wicked with me...

TheHangedOne

I'm interested as well. Might play an anti-hero sort.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

NileGoddess

I've been thinking of dabbling in a western setting for a bit, though the character concepts I have are far too smutty for this game, especially when you mention the clothing standards.

Otherwise, I'm a little confused with the modern twist, and I'm having a hard time grasping on what direction a plot would go.

thebobmaster

To those wondering about plot paths, and where they would go. I have some ideas to get the setting in mind. But for the most part, this would be a freeform game, basically allowing your characters to interact with each other however you wish. There will be plot ideas being brought up by myself, but think of them as the main questline in an open-world game.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!