Previous topic - Next topic

Knightshadow

My song for Piper:
"In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood."

Pablo Neruda

Drake Valentine

So I started watching Death Note(Not the anime, but the TV Drama) it is actually really good. For those that may not be into anime and don't mind reading subtitles, then it is something I would recommend. It does seem to follow the anime to almost a latter, though, may be a few slight differences in it, some I can hardly notice given the story so far appearing to be very similar to what I seen of the anime long time ago.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

borninapril

I just watched the season finale for Halt and Catch Fire.

It's awesome I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

1. women in technology
2. Lee Pace in sweatpants

Assassini

Ripper Street.

Stunned that this shit was apparently cancelled but then got renewed by Amazon Prime. The first two seasons were absolutely cracking and now this third one has already been awesome, just the first two episodes!

The BBC be making some mad fuck-ups lately yo...

AmberStarfire

Ever since I got Netflix I've been watching an insane amount of things.

Most recently I'm watching my way through The 4400 and I'm into season 3. I only started watching it around 2 days ago.

I watched the first episode of Sense8 but didn't really get into it that much. I'm also through 6 seasons of the X-Files and plan to start season 7 in the near future.

SapphireStar

Knightshadow

Turn: Washington's Spies on AMC.

Oh my.
Does AMC produce any bad shows???
They have hit it out of the park with nearly every series they put out!
My song for Piper:

Pablo Neruda

SapphireStar

ausyandy

Recently started re-watching Farscape.

SapphireStar

Sasquatch421

Knightshadow

Just finished season 1 of Turn on Netflix. Om frikken G!!! Probably one of the most romantic scenes in episode 10! I cried. 
My song for Piper:

Pablo Neruda

Assassini

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on September 02, 2015, 11:57:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQoSCEMzJYE

For a very brief second my heart stopped there and I thought this was a trailer for a V for Vendetta TV show. I don't know how to feel now that it was taken away from me...

OT: Been watching Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and actually I think this might be the first anime I'm starting to get into since all the way back at the end of 2014. I suspect it might be to do with me not really sticking to the "3 episode rule" (seems that you have to give an anime 3 episodes in order to give it a proper chance, which might explain why so many other ones have just seemed so boring to me). While it might sound silly, I think there might be some truth in it because I think I tried Code Geass before actually but quit after the first episode because it bored me, but now I am actually quite enjoying it.

It's got some pretty good mecha fun to blank out the pointless (but apparently eternally necessary) high school stuff. I also quite like the alternate history timeline they've set up for it (I've always been a fan of the Empire :P ).

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Assassini on September 21, 2015, 07:08:10 PM
For a very brief second my heart stopped there and I thought this was a trailer for a V for Vendetta TV show. I don't know how to feel now that it was taken away from me...

Sorry!

Watching the second season of Sleepy Hollow before heading back to Ranma 1/2...

The Lioness

Person of Interest. I've found myself really turned on by Jim Caviezel for some reason...meeeeow.
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

SapphireStar

Assassini

Just rewatched the last two seasons of Scrubs (what do you mean there was a 9th Season? I'm pretty sure it ended on Season 8). It used to be my favourite TV show and y'know it still is really top notch.

Plus, they absolutely nailed the ending. I can't recall how many TV shows have left me down with their endings, and I know I wasn't too keen on it when I first saw it. But honestly, I think it actually was a pretty perfect end for the show. It's actually left me feeling a little choked up right now.

SapphireStar

persephone325

Ink Master Live.

I'd rather Matt or Kruseman win. I liked Chris, but then he just got really vindictive and manipulative.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Bliss

Quote from: Assassini on October 13, 2015, 08:56:36 PM
Just rewatched the last two seasons of Scrubs (what do you mean there was a 9th Season? I'm pretty sure it ended on Season 8). It used to be my favourite TV show and y'know it still is really top notch.

Plus, they absolutely nailed the ending. I can't recall how many TV shows have left me down with their endings, and I know I wasn't too keen on it when I first saw it. But honestly, I think it actually was a pretty perfect end for the show. It's actually left me feeling a little choked up right now.

Scrubs definitely nailed their ending, as did Leverage... but most don't. Too many don't even get the chance, sadly.

I'm digging into Season 10 of Bones, and I already want to throw things at the writers because of
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
what they did to Sweets.  :'(
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

SapphireStar

Assassini

Quote from: Bliss on October 14, 2015, 10:42:35 AM
Scrubs definitely nailed their ending, as did Leverage... but most don't. Too many don't even get the chance, sadly.

I'm digging into Season 10 of Bones, and I already want to throw things at the writers because of
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
what they did to Sweets.  :'(

I recently finished Season 8 of Dexter, and while I actually enjoyed the season, I thought that the ending was utterly dreadful. Too many shows feel like they have to end on some kind of twist or serious ending, make it a surprise. The other ending which immediately springs to mind is that of How I Met Your Mother (although in fairness almost the entire last season was fucking dreadful).

LuckyOwl

Quote from: Assassini on October 14, 2015, 01:05:17 PM
I recently finished Season 8 of Dexter, and while I actually enjoyed the season, I thought that the ending was utterly dreadful. Too many shows feel like they have to end on some kind of twist or serious ending, make it a surprise. The other ending which immediately springs to mind is that of How I Met Your Mother (although in fairness almost the entire last season was fucking dreadful).

Except for "How Your Mother Met Me", which was a high point of the show and is where it ended for me. Those last couple of episodes just aren't real.

Dexter's finale is fucking horrendous, but it's not like the seasons had been keeping up with quality by that point.
QuoteYou never knew exactly how much space you occupied in people's lives.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender is the Night

Assassini

Quote from: LuckyOwl on October 14, 2015, 01:52:47 PM
Except for "How Your Mother Met Me", which was a high point of the show and is where it ended for me. Those last couple of episodes just aren't real.

Dexter's finale is fucking horrendous, but it's not like the seasons had been keeping up with quality by that point.

See, I think that just became fairly typical for How I Met Your Mother in the build up towards the end. Sometimes it was still as genuinely laugh out loud funny as it was in the early seasons (and I swear it was, very briefly, a favourite show of mine, with Barney as one of my favourite characters in any show), but the moments just very few and far between.

See, that's one thing I don't get. I actually thought the last few seasons of Dexter were pretty legit, don't get the hate for them. I mean, I hated Deb for whining so much, but other than that...

OT: Just started up the Blu-Ray edition of Avatar.

Assassini

Watched the sixth season of Archer over the past day or so. Absolutely cracking. It's kind of bizarre, I don't usually laugh out loud at Archer, but it just remains consistently entertaining and amusing enough that I just always want to watch more of it. Plus, its the kind of humour that doesn't get less funny if you watch it again, because it's just so quick and so snappy.