Let the 76th Hunger Games begin (Character Sheet up, topic updated)

Started by xxmaxinitxx, December 15, 2012, 12:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxmaxinitxx

The Rebels lost the war. The capital, out for blood, has decided to raise the age for the Hunger Games. People from age 16 to age 25 are now being drawn to participate in the annual event.

So I have a basic design in my mind. I want to do a CYOT game. I will get a character sheet up as soon as I can. You will make your character, choose their district, and you will play with them through a Hunger games arena. I would like a co-gm to bounce ideas around with, but I think something like this could be really fun. This is still in planning stages so if anyone can jump in and give me suggestions then that would be nice as well. I'm also thinking of adding a sponsor type system that is powered by the people of E that are or aren't in the game. So I decided from the feedback I have gotten so far that I will not be adding the stat sheet. I will let the characters role play out all the scenes and if they can't decide on a winner then I will just have to pick one. If you fill out a character sheet, send it to me via PM so that you can keep some things hidden that you need to. Don't need others seeing your strategies and best weapons unless you want to show them. Thanks for everyone showing their interest!

I'm thinking that since this is an adult site, we can slip away from the traditional traps and maybe add things sexually based as well. Either character on character, or maybe some of the mutts. If you guys want them that way.

Anyone looking to talk ideas for traps, the arena, mutts, or the like can PM me and help out! As I plan more of this out and put it down on paper I will update this thread. Let me know if you guys are interested!

Character Sheet:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:
District (you may not get the one you want):
Weight:
Family (Name, a little bit about them, will come into more effect when we do the interviews with family.)
Mom:
Dad:
Siblings (optional):
Friends:
Reaping
Volunteer or Chosen:
If chosen, reaction:
If volunteer, why:
Reaping outfit:
If volunteer, introduction:
Training/Fighting/Weaknesses/Skills
Training Strategy (What they will train with, how much they show the competition, trying to make allies):
Weapon of Choice:
Hang out with(certain district or group):
Weaknesses (at least 3):
Strengths (at least 2):
Good at navigating? Yes or no:
Personal
Relationship (Are you willing to be in a romantic relationship?)
Career Pack:
Loner:
Trustworthy:
Smart:
Strong:
Background:
Pair (Willing to have an ally):
Group of three(Willing to have multiple allies):
Interview
Outfit Idea (optional):
Interview Quote (optional):
Interview Angle (needed, Strong, Mysterious, This is how you will try to get your sponsers):
Arena
Will brave B.B. (Blood bath, Initial fight for the weapons and supplies in the cornucopia):
Will try to make allies once inside:
Will stay away from fighting:
Preferred Death:

District 1
Male: Calix Antonio Matthews - Kalika Kai
Female:
District 2
Male: Caligus Occisus - TheRaven
Female: Kiara Cane - sansa
District 3
Male:
Female:
District 4
Male:
Female: River Willows - xSnorkleRainbow
District 5
Male:
Female: Misaki Asou - persephone325
District 6
Male:
Female:
District 7
Male:
Female:
District 8
Male:
Female:
District 9
Male:
Female:
District 10
Male:
Female:
District 11
Male: Calvin Hunt - 42ftw
Female:
District 12
Male:
Female:

MzHyde

xxmaxinitxx

CYOT or SYOT means Create/Submit Your Own Tribute. Basically you would create a character entirely from scratch, go through a reaping, training, and such. And then use them to role play your way through the Hunger Games. When I get a good character sheet I will post it to give people something to fill out for their characters.

TheRaven

"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Roen

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Faustus

Also tentative interest. Waiting for further details.

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

xxmaxinitxx

Hello guys! Thanks for stopping by. I have my basic character sheet set up. I'm going to work out a stats type page to go along with it. Unless you guys want to try and make it a role play only type game? I'm thinking for the main set up, we'll have each day end after a certain amount of time. We'll let people role play out what they will do during the day. If two people interact, either through alliance or a fight (I'm thinking of putting this in big groups) they can make a new topic and do the scenes there. Anything secretive The characters want to get up to and not let others see (maybe creating weapons, a secret alliance) They can discuss it through PM's but tell me everything thats going on. I should have the character sheet up today. If people don't want the stats then I will more than likely post it sooner. But if people don't say they don't want them then I will add them by default.

Roen

Personally I'm not a fan of a stats system, never liked it. I think it would make more sense to RP it, and solve disputes over results by the GM's logic. It's just my own personal opinion, though, wouldn't dare impose it on others.

-Nathan Alterman.

xxmaxinitxx

Okay. Well we can try it that way and see how it goes. No harm in giving something a shot! The stats thing was giving me fits anyway :p I'll have the character submission sheet up soon.

xxmaxinitxx

xPeachyPuff

I would also like to express interest in this. I've never used a stats sheet though, so if you're thinking about using one you might have to give me time to get used to it.

-xSRx

xxmaxinitxx

I think I will just go with Roen's idea and let the character's role play it out. Gives them more chance to interact and have fun that way. When you create your character sheet send them to me via PM. When I start getting them in I will put up a list of open and closed district slots.

xPeachyPuff

I am thinking about having a female tribute from District 4, if that's alright. Probably will wait to see another characters profile before posting my own.

-xSRx

xxmaxinitxx

Thats good! I would prefer the career districts to act like it though. Meaning that districts 1,2, and 4 will mainly have volunteers and have trained for a while.

Vaulera

I would definitely love to be a part of this one! Loved battle royale and the hunger games.

Kalika Kai

Would love to do this.
I have never used stat sheet though, so I don't know how well I'll be able to do that if you decide to go that way.

xxmaxinitxx

AurelieCatena

I'm interested.

What if the goal was not to kill your opponents but to capture them and keep them prisoners (possibly raped and tortured) until everybody but one is a prisoner? That would keep the game alive.

xxmaxinitxx

Quote from: AurelieCatena on December 16, 2012, 07:16:28 PM
I'm interested.

What if the goal was not to kill your opponents but to capture them and keep them prisoners (possibly raped and tortured) until everybody but one is a prisoner? That would keep the game alive.

Hmmmm. That could be interesting. but the problem would be that I'm afraid it would turn the whole game into more smut and most of the interactions would be sexual based. I'd have to figure a way to work that. We'll see though.

42ftw

xxmaxinitxx

Start creating your characters and sending them to me please!

42ftw

Looking at the character sheet and it seems they are almost all yes or no answers, is this correct? For instance it asks about working in a group, should I just put he's willing or will I need to put who?

xxmaxinitxx

Quote from: 42ftw on December 16, 2012, 09:35:03 PM
Looking at the character sheet and it seems they are almost all yes or no answers, is this correct? For instance it asks about working in a group, should I just put he's willing or will I need to put who?

It's mostly yes or no correct. If you want to elaborate, Like if you want to work in pairs but not with certain people/types of people, then you can. Otherwise if a yes or now would answer the question. Thats all you need.

42ftw

Last thing (sorry, still kind of new at this) when you ask for the angle for the outfit, what do you mean?

xxmaxinitxx

No problem. I'll make sure to go clarify that after I reply to this. The outfit is what you will be wearing during the interview. The angle is how you will act. Will you go for the strong and arrogant? Sexy and seductive? mysterious? Things like that.

42ftw

xxmaxinitxx

xPeachyPuff

How would you feel about MC being trained to be a Career Tribute, but who doesn't volunteer even though she's expected to. Would that be acceptable for a tribute from the 4th District?

Also, will we get to see other people's character profiles at some point?

-xSRx

sansa

I volunteer! Hehe(: very much interested in playing as a female tribute. What district is still lacking a female but had a male?
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: sansa on December 18, 2012, 04:11:14 PM
I volunteer! Hehe(: very much interested in playing as a female tribute. What district is still lacking a female but had a male?

Check out the first page Sansa, the list is on the first post (:

-xSRx

sansa

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 18, 2012, 04:12:20 PM
Check out the first page Sansa, the list is on the first post (:

-xSRx

Thanks! It was a silly question any way hehe. Pm coming in soon for my character submission.
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

xxmaxinitxx

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 18, 2012, 03:53:50 PM
How would you feel about MC being trained to be a Career Tribute, but who doesn't volunteer even though she's expected to. Would that be acceptable for a tribute from the 4th District?

Also, will we get to see other people's character profiles at some point?

-xSRx

Hmmm. I can release some parts of the profiles, but since you are role playing everything out I don't want to make their strengths and weaknesses available from the beginning of the game. As for the first part of your post. I don't quite understand what you are asking for. How would she be in if she doesn't volunteer?

xxmaxinitxx

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: xxmaxinitxx on December 18, 2012, 09:14:19 PM
Hmmm. I can release some parts of the profiles, but since you are role playing everything out I don't want to make their strengths and weaknesses available from the beginning of the game. As for the first part of your post. I don't quite understand what you are asking for. How would she be in if she doesn't volunteer?

I understand that, I just meant if we would see who the characters actually are before we meet them in the roleplay.

And I mean that she has been trained like a career tribute and has be told she has to volunteer, but when they actually ask for volunteers she doesn't step forward and instead waits to be called out at random. Hope you know what I mean, haha XD If not, don't worry about it. I just want to ask before I get to creating my character is all.

-xSRx

xxmaxinitxx

I will post a little about their backround, their reactions to the reaping, wheither or not they volunteer, the stuff you would get to see if you were actually in the games yes

Yeah I get what your saying now. But they only ask for volunteers after they draw the name of the person who is going into the games. They don't ask before.

xPeachyPuff

Yeah, I did think that after I posted. Sorry to be a pain, haha. I'll look to creating my character sometime tonight (:

-xSRx

xxmaxinitxx

sansa

Are we going to do all 12 districts? People will die (some sooner then oters) and no one wants to play shortly the character who dies tryig to get weapoms. Are ypu comsiderimg double casting for those particular characters or play yourself?
O/O

xxmaxinitxx

Quote from: sansa on December 19, 2012, 12:35:59 PM
Are we going to do all 12 districts? People will die (some sooner then oters) and no one wants to play shortly the character who dies tryig to get weapoms. Are ypu comsiderimg double casting for those particular characters or play yourself?

I will have all 12 districts available. But the mas I will take is 12 tributes total, as I plan on 12 dieing in the blood bath. I will probably start with less than that, and play a couple characters that will be some of the first to die. and all of them will be dead by the final 5. If someone would like to play a second character, I will probably ask you to choose one that you want to be your main, and the other will basically be cannon fodder.

42ftw

Since this is an alternate version of the history where the rebels lost the war, would District 13 have tributes since they were likely taken over? Also would their be anymore tributes from 12,since it kinda got leveled?

xxmaxinitxx

Hmmm. Those are good points. I don't have any submissions from 12 as of yet. So it wouldn't be hard to change it from 12 to 13. I've seen it done both ways so it doesn't really matter to me. It would probably be better to chagne it for the sake of realism.

Ariel

I think it should be pointed out that just because you become a District 12 tribute doesn't mean you'll win. On the contrary, they'll still be the weakest. Right, Max? ;3
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

xxmaxinitxx

Still deciding if I should get rid of it all together. But not always. It depends really. No district 12 won't always win. More often than not it is the career tributes that win the games. the district 12, along with the other out laying districts, usually have an edge in the fact that they are used to going hungry for longer periods of time so wouldn't be effected by that all that much.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

xxmaxinitxx

How many characters do we want to have before we start? I was going to kill off around 12 in the blood bath, and some are going to die fairly early in the games as they get used to the environment. So what would be a good starting number?

TheRaven

The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

sansa

Well according to the sheet we officially have 5 players on the list. I think ten or so is a good number. Maybe more but just dont want any thing too over crowded. 12 districts means 24 players, 12 slaughtered in the blood bath means half are gone leaving 12 still alive. If there are ten official players, that gives you two to casually have killed off. 8 is even a good number?...
O/O

xxmaxinitxx

I was thinking between 7 and 8. Maybe 9, but probably less than 10, as the career pack usually kill a couple more off the first night since they usually can't run all that far in the beginning of the game.

42ftw

Seems to be the usual deal. So what will the setting be? I would vote for ruins of cities with some forested areas seperating them.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

persephone325

I'm definitely interested. I'll try and put up a character tonight or tomorrow.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

xxmaxinitxx

Quote from: persephone325 on December 25, 2012, 09:56:15 AM
I'm definitely interested. I'll try and put up a character tonight or tomorrow.
Okay. Thanks!

Quote from: 42ftw on December 23, 2012, 06:51:09 PM
Seems to be the usual deal. So what will the setting be? I would vote for ruins of cities with some forested areas seperating them.
I like this idea. I have been trying to put together some kind of city ruin land scape in my head. This is a good possibility for the arena.

sansa

O/O

persephone325

I'm working on my CS now, but Max you might want to bold the sentence in your opening post that you want the characters PM'ed to you. Cause I just about missed it and was going to post my character here. lol
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

xxmaxinitxx

Lol thanks Persephone. I just went and bolded it so it should be easier to see. I look forward to your character sheet.

Sansa, I already have most of the arena worked out. I have plenty of traps and such as well. I am thinking about working on a map that I can send to each tribute so they know where they are and what they have seen at this point. As for a starting point, I am thinking a little after the first of the year. With the holidays and everything I figure that now would be a bad time to start it. So I am gonna give everything a few days to die down, then I will start it.

sansa

O/O

persephone325

Would it be possible to see a sample character sheet? I'm having kind of an "empty brain" moment, and I can't think. lol I'm mostly hung up on the "Reaping" and "Interview" sections.
I don't know.

TheRaven

I'm not sure about posting my Interview section, since I don't know whether or not Max is going to have us RP those, but since the Reapings are televised and every Tribute gets a chance to see them before they've even arrived in the Capital, I'll go ahead and post up my Reaping section for you.

Reaping
Volunteer or Chosen: Volunteer
If volunteer, why: “Wine, women, and song." Allegedly.
Reaping outfit: An elegant, if somewhat minimalist, Capital-style suit in black and grey
If volunteer, introduction: “I’m not much of a speaker, so I won’t make a speech. Mom, Dad, Cass… I’ll see you soon.”

xxmaxinitxx

Thank you Raven! Yeah I would prefer not to post the interview part of your sheet as you guys will be role playing that out, but I will show an example of one for you.

Outfit Idea (optional): (This is usually going to be something based around your angle) A deep red strapless dress, encrusted with rubies and ending at the mid thigh. Leaving little to the imagination. It shows a fair amount of cleavage and has supporters built in to perk up and make her breasts look bigger.
Interview Quote (optional): "Who needs weapons to fight? I have sex"
Interview Angle (needed, Strong, Mysterious, This is how you will try to get your sponsers): Provocative and sexy, try to seduce the crowd and make them and the other tributes think she wouldn't be very good with hand to hand fighting or with a weapon. (When in reality she would be fairly good at it but is just trying to hide it.)

That would be one way to go about setting up the interview part of your sheet.

persephone325

I don't know.

xxmaxinitxx

No need to apologize. I'll answer any you have ^_^

The career pack is the people that make up the main trained tributes. usually from districts 1, 2, and 4. They have trained all their lives to be in the games and usually volunteer to go in just for the fun of it. by mutal agreement, they stick together in a big group.

persephone325

I don't know.

xxmaxinitxx

Roen

Hey, Dude, sorry it took me so long to get back to this :p
I have a couple of questions, I hope you're not too tired of answering to them:

1.  Do you have any links to reliable sources of information about the settings? I'm pretty embarrassed to say I only watched the movie and never even got to the book/s, and there is some lack of information. For instance, I was under the impression the rebels lost the war in the original story, so I don't get how this is an alternate reality.

2. You've talked about killing a bunch of characters on the start, what with the blood bath part, I'm assuming you were talking about NPCs? Since we are talking about a game where all except one are supposed to die out, wouldn't that mean a bunch of players will be locked out of the RP early on? Or how long a life span do you intend every player to have, since the goal is pretty much to kill any opponent that isn't from your pack on sight? That could mean an RP as short as an oneshot for a couple of us.

3. Is this going to be a big-group game? Just curious, cause if so- might want to find a system that would prolong the life span of the different characters (see section 2), by using ideas other people suggested earlier, awarding points and gifts from sponsors for imprisonment of others or abusing an opponent to create a truly mouth watering spectacle for the viewers :p

I'm currently working on my CS, don't start without me! XD

Ro

-Nathan Alterman.

TheRaven

If you're not planning on reading the books, let me go ahead and spoil for you that Katniss and Co. bring up another rebellion. It succeeds and deposes Snow, thus making this particular game, where the 76th Games are taking place on schedule and without any pesky rebels running about underfoot and ruining the Capital's fun, an AU game. As for links, allow me to give you this lovely little link. It's got enough information on the setting to keep you covered.  ;D

To the second point, yeah. Max has discussed having upwards of 12 NPCs that will die within the first 24 hours of in-game time, at the Blood Bath or at the hands of the Career Pack while they thin the herd a little bit.

As for the third point, you'll have to wait for Max to get that one. I figured I'd just knock these two out for you.

xxmaxinitxx

Thanks Raven! As to your 3rd point. I do plan on having a sponsor type system. Maybe giving people points for their own tributes. We'll have to see how it works. I plan on killing off 12 withen the first 24 hours. And then I'll have a few other NPC's running around to keep the game going for a while. 

persephone325

I don't know.

xxmaxinitxx

Lol no. You guys will last a couple of days. Though if this game works. I may make a second one that goes on for much longer. I read a fan fic that had a very detailed world. It would keep the game going quite a while. I just don't feel like making something that indepth with out knowing how this game works.

persephone325

Well if you ever decide to do a longer one, I'd definitely be on board. :D
I don't know.

xxmaxinitxx

42ftw

So, what districts are full and what are those that aren't missing?

Vladimir valentine

TheRaven

Check out the first page, there's a list of Districts and currently claimed competitors.  8-)

xxmaxinitxx

Yep! It's all on the first page. Thanks Raven! Your very helpful ^_^

sansa

O/O

TheRaven

sansa

O/O

persephone325

Well... Seeing as how the OP is now denied, I doubt this game will be starting any time soon...
I don't know.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

persephone325

I don't know.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

persephone325

lol I wouldn't be able to handle creating another game! lol
I don't know.

Ariel

Well,I'd love to help you co-GM it if you'dlike. If you do have time to start a new one, shoot me a PM.
Not accepting new RPs

persephone325

I'd love to do that. :) I wish I was able to get my character sheet I made for this game back, though. :(
I don't know.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

persephone325

I would, if I could find it! lol I sent it to the OP in a PM and can't find the message now... :'(
I don't know.

Ariel

Ah, I see! Lol, maybe you can try and remember some parts of it. ^_^

Are you going to make a new HG RPG?
Not accepting new RPs

persephone325

Quote from: Uprising on March 06, 2013, 10:05:14 PM
Ah, I see! Lol, maybe you can try and remember some parts of it. ^_^

Are you going to make a new HG RPG?

Oh gosh... It was so long ago.. :( I really should have saved it in a document or something...

I could try to. It's a tall task to undertake. lol
I don't know.

Sarah Morgan

If you do decide to create a new game, I'd definitely be interested in joining, though I'd prefer the focus be on group interaction and characters working their way through the arena rather than on a sexual game.  Not that scenes can't be worked in if and when they're appropriate, but I'd rather it not be the main focus of the game, if that makes sense.

TheRaven

Quote from: persephone325 on March 06, 2013, 10:17:29 PM
Oh gosh... It was so long ago.. :( I really should have saved it in a document or something...

I could try to. It's a tall task to undertake. lol

If you don't clean out your sent items from PMs, you might be able to find it there.

persephone325

Quote from: TheRaven on March 07, 2013, 03:04:41 PM
If you don't clean out your sent items from PMs, you might be able to find it there.

That's what I did though. :( I had like almost 400 messages. lol
I don't know.

Ariel

I think we should just go ahead and do this. Just make a clean, new game and try it.
Not accepting new RPs