Marauder's Era Harry Potter : Dark Times Rising Recruitment (Need Canons)

Started by SweetSerenade, May 24, 2013, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Quote from: minerva7790 on June 25, 2013, 10:33:57 AM
No worries. I just happened to have the time on hand and a book not too far away. :) I ought to be ashamed of myself for not remembering this stuff...

I like what you've written so far, though it's probably not for me to say... You've brought out Snape's loneliness quite nicely.

I asked a question earlier that got lost, but I'd still like either GM's take on: would it be okay to have a character of Asian (say, Japanese) ethnicity, provided she was born as a British citizen?

She doesn't even have to be born as a British Citizen, if your characters parents were 'stationed' or placed in the area for long enough that when she was 11 she was on the list of potentials for Hogwarts... then she gets to go to Hogwarts... XD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

RainbowRian

minerva7790

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 25, 2013, 01:31:32 PM
She doesn't even have to be born as a British Citizen, if your characters parents were 'stationed' or placed in the area for long enough that when she was 11 she was on the list of potentials for Hogwarts... then she gets to go to Hogwarts... XD

Alright thanks! I do know of some games that tend to be picky about foreign students...

In any case, I don't think I'll be sending either GM any character history or such until proper character sheets are out. I have ideas, but I just think it'd be tiresome to tweak things around to fit the form later on. So I'll wait patiently for the form.  :-)

Hope your baby is treating you better, Sweet!
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

The Golden Touch

Tempting me with the Bellatrix and Narcissa being open. >>;;

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SweetSerenade

Quote from: The Golden Touch on June 25, 2013, 07:19:27 PM
Tempting me with the Bellatrix and Narcissa being open. >>;;

We have tryouts going for both characters.

I don't play on a first come first serve basis, I do so based on who is best fit for the role. If you wanna tryout as well, please send your tryout to me and Rogue.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Also, a quick question, Narcissa was graduated from Hogwarts and married to Lucius before 1978 roughly... Are we shifting her time line back?

SweetSerenade

If you wanna give it a shot, feel free. But I would prefer if you picked one sister over the other XD

We are running this a bit AU, to give players a chance to run everything they want to run. For instance, there is no promising that Lily and James will hook up.

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 25, 2013, 07:31:07 PM
If you wanna give it a shot, feel free. But I would prefer if you picked one sister over the other XD

We are running this a bit AU, to give players a chance to run everything they want to run. For instance, there is no promising that Lily and James will hook up.
Personally, I'd love to see a story line where Lily and Snape hook up.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

AutoTune

Quote from: minerva7790 on June 25, 2013, 10:33:57 AM
No worries. I just happened to have the time on hand and a book not too far away. :) I ought to be ashamed of myself for not remembering this stuff...

I like what you've written so far, though it's probably not for me to say... You've brought out Snape's loneliness quite nicely.

Thanks Minerva. :D

SweetSerenade

Alright guys, I have not abandoned this Rp, just having some serious pregnancy issues and allergies. I have a question, anyone here particularly good at coding? I'm looking for someone to help me with Coding profile formats.

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 05, 2013, 12:03:01 AM
Alright guys, I have not abandoned this Rp, just having some serious pregnancy issues and allergies. I have a question, anyone here particularly good at coding? I'm looking for someone to help me with Coding profile formats.
I'm not bad. I like coding, but I don't know them all. Still can't figure out how the table code is suppose to work for example. But I'm good at basic text and picture coding that usually comes into character profiles and have often helped friends with it.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 05, 2013, 12:07:23 AM
I'm not bad. I like coding, but I don't know them all. Still can't figure out how the table code is suppose to work for example. But I'm good at basic text and picture coding that usually comes into character profiles and have often helped friends with it.

I wanted to do something really nice for the RP. A profile code for each house, and then a special one for adults? But maybe that's just going above and beyond. I wanted to have several sections, with the details attached and all that... My head is really stuffy.

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 05, 2013, 12:09:16 AM
I wanted to do something really nice for the RP. A profile code for each house, and then a special one for adults? But maybe that's just going above and beyond. I wanted to have several sections, with the details attached and all that... My head is really stuffy.
Codes for each house could be done simply by centering a image like this at the top. Not sure about the adults, though. Sections for details are easy. Something similar to the character template for this group might work well. Only cleaner and more organized. Maybe even color code each section?

I wouldn't suggest going too overboard though. Maybe save a few special things for when/if we make it to a big game?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 05, 2013, 12:19:10 AM
Codes for each house could be done simply by centering a image like this at the top. Not sure about the adults, though. Sections for details are easy. Something similar to the character template for this group might work well. Only cleaner and more organized. Maybe even color code each section?

I wouldn't suggest going too overboard though. Maybe save a few special things for when/if we make it to a big game?

Well I plan on making everything look moderately attractive. But I need to get a hold of someone good at graphic art. Either way, I kinda wanted everything to be ready to go at the start. If you are interested in knowing what I wanted in the coding, PM me and I'll tell you.

RainbowRian

I have a decent hand at graphic art.  Just depends on what you need.

RainbowRian

I have a fair hand at coding as well depending on what you need.  Sorry for the double post btw.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 05, 2013, 12:59:06 AM
I have a decent hand at graphic art.  Just depends on what you need.

Something to represent each of the houses, and something for the Adults - for now. Perhaps split the Adults into Three Categories - Order, Death Eater, and Neutral?

When I get around to making the OOC threads, I was going to dig around to see about getting graphics to use as headers in those threads. The Rules, the Character Creation thread, Then a Header for each of the GM run 'main' plot threads. As well as the OOC thread.

ALso, I'd like to find out how many of the players are still paying attention? I want to get a head count, and find out who all will be around for the Rp.

RainbowRian

I am paying attention, Though I don't know if either of my characters are approved.  As far as graphics go I should have it.  I mean you can tell me precisely what you'd like or I can just use your ideas meshed with my own.  I made two of the images in my signatures as well as images and layouts for my other games.  If you want links I will send them.

SweetSerenade

Thank you for reminding me, I have to talk to Rogue and get a few things figured out.

Also, I can't promise acceptance of OC characters, till after profiles are filled out and Gms start talking about them.

RainbowRian

Well, just let me know as far as OCs If not I may, or may not see about a male charrie as well as the female submitted, pending whether or not she passes the test. 

Would you like me to PM you those links to take a peek at some graphics?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 05, 2013, 01:12:16 AM
Well, just let me know as far as OCs If not I may, or may not see about a male charrie as well as the female submitted, pending whether or not she passes the test. 

Would you like me to PM you those links to take a peek at some graphics?

You can submit as Many OCs as you want, so long as you keep them balanced. But I'm waiting till the profile format and rules are ready to go.

I actually can't see your signature, as of this moment. LOL

RainbowRian

It is shown on reply #126 of this thread. 

I was saying that if you decide against OCs I may or may not choose to submit another Canon.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 05, 2013, 01:16:12 AM
It is shown on reply #126 of this thread. 

I was saying that if you decide against OCs I may or may not choose to submit another Canon.

Oh No, OCs are allowed, no matter what. But they will be limited. :D We actually have more than the required Canons to start the Rp.

I just wanna make sure the players are still around, while I work on the OOC threads.

RainbowRian

i would love to show you my Ideas in a forum format.  :-\  My brain is going like wildfire.  Plus I have the schematics of hogwarts on my comp.