Saguaro Saloon and the Town of Oasis REOPENED (New Players Wanted) [Light-H]

Started by Eliza, April 23, 2011, 04:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MistressofPen

Quote from: 1SAZ on April 27, 2011, 11:38:14 PM
Mistress, I do believe we'll get along perfectly. I do love the puns you have there.

Yay!  Another sick-o is born. *Fist Bump*

1SAZ

*fist bump* Born? No. Been around long enough to become one? More than likely.

Foxy DeVille

MistressofPen

Quote from: 1SAZ on April 28, 2011, 01:41:52 AM
*fist bump* Born? No. Been around long enough to become one? More than likely.

Good to know.  When the time comes, first round's on me. :D

1SAZ

Awesome! I look forward to that first round then. Did Scotch make it over by 1906? If so, lets go with scotch. If not, bourbon.

Eliza

@Foxy: Sure, the Saguaro Saloon is always looking for new tail ... and nice tail, Foxy

@Everyone else: I'm fixing up the first post so that more information is up. Too lazy right now.

MistressofPen

Quote from: 1SAZ on April 29, 2011, 01:12:48 AM
Awesome! I look forward to that first round then. Did Scotch make it over by 1906? If so, lets go with scotch. If not, bourbon.

Did a quick and dirty bit of research and Scotch Single Malt Whisky has been around centuries.  Since the early emigrants to the US were often from the Isles of the north sea, and there were some dandy Irish and Scots sailors who went far and wide to pillage and plunder, I'm thinking it wasn't just beer than made the trek.  Scotch would have been so much more stable than beer, too.  So, "Whack for my daddy-o, whack for my daddy-o, there's whisky in the jar-o!"  (Thin Lizzy and Metallica covering an old Irish pub song)

Eurysthenes

If the position of pianist is still available, and to a male, I'd be quite interested. I'd rather like the idea of playing against the expected type here. I'd figure most guys would enter a wild-west game wanting to be tough-as-nails desperadoes or grizzled law men. So, I'd love to play a young dandy who much prefers drink, song, and good times to gunfire. As the only male employee (thus far and with your permission of course), I'm sure there would be plenty of opportunities to add a bit of comic relief to the violence & vice that's sure to arise.

As far as deeper RP goes, I'm sure there are very interesting reasons as to why such a man decided to move out to the rough and tumble wild west and fall in with such unusual company.

MistressofPen

Eurysthenes:  Is that a young Jimmy Stewart?  Something about the mouth and eyes...

I think he'd make a cool character.  So, good luck with the approval :-)

And, welcome to E.

Eliza

Approved he is, Eurythenes. I have an idea how he came to be a local in the "Oasis," because he was in much need of an oasis ... something to moisten the mouth.

His position as the saloon's pianist was that the ladies adored his hands, which were so perfect. The nicest hands in the county.

Eurysthenes

Sounds good.  ^-^

Oh, and the picture is of Oscar Wilde

He pretty much just always looked like that.

Eurysthenes

Still looking around for a pic that'd be a better representation. is the best I've found so far.

Eliza

When you're ready to submit a profile, please go to the profile thread.

Dragondancer

I loooove westerns!  Fun story idea, Eliza ~ I'll be keeping an eye on your thread!  ;D

Aiden

MistressofPen

This is getting interesting. 

Would it be assumed that the "main" characters would all be acquainted from the get go, when the time comes?

Aiden

Yea, I will give some notes on Marshall.

He was the established lawman in town by the time both Madame Guinevera Starr and Irene came to town, but rumors and gossip does circulate. Any attempts to ask if their is truth to anything they might have heard results in a hard cold stare from him and utter silence. Behind the church their is two grave sites with the dates and names of James Mengsk (2 years old) and Clara Mengsk and he weekly leaves flowers without fail, 9am Sundays.

When Guinevera took over the saloon, the Marshall invested heavily in her with confiscated money from criminals. The way he manages confiscated money seems corrupt but he typically gives it back to the town more often. He never asks for "freebies" at the saloon and understands a woman needs to make her own money. He rarely asks for the physical companionship upstairs in one of the rooms, but despite everything he still has needs he likes to indulge once in a while (normally he needs to be really drunk to loosen his inhibition up enough to request going upstairs).

Eliza

Mistress: Yes, to a degree, but I want more undeveloped backstory to arise from interactions. Let's say everyone who works at the Saloon has more or less a good relationship. And to interaction between those outside the Saloon and those who staff it, we are more or less acquaintances. Most of out relationship is built upon daily conversation ... and to a few, pleasurable experiences.

Aiden: I like the Marshal already. I can work with that thing coming into the Saloon.

EDIT 1: I've placed a brief description of the town of Oasis and the Saguaro Saloon. If you'd like more details, please let me know. I'll have to include that there is a church in the town as well.

EDIT 2: I've added a "Weapon of Choice" to the profile (it was something I forgot to put). This part only pertains to main characters.

MistressofPen

Quote from: Eliza on May 17, 2011, 12:38:39 AM
Mistress: Yes, to a degree, but I want more undeveloped backstory to arise from interactions. Let's say everyone who works at the Saloon has more or less a good relationship. And to interaction between those outside the Saloon and those who staff it, we are more or less acquaintances. Most of out relationship is built upon daily conversation ... and to a few, pleasurable experiences.

Aiden: I like the Marshal already. I can work with that thing coming into the Saloon.

EDIT 1: I've placed a brief description of the town of Oasis and the Saguaro Saloon. If you'd like more details, please let me know. I'll have to include that there is a church in the town as well.

EDIT 2: I've added a "Weapon of Choice" to the profile (it was something I forgot to put). This part only pertains to main characters.

That's essentially what I meant.  That they'd know names, not necessarily know the backstories that we're posting with our character descriptions.  Not that it matters, but I like that plan; gives us more to build, more to work on.  Very cool.  I'm getting all stuck in this time-frame and finding it rather fascinating.  I'm doing another RP about the gold rush time in Calif.  Having flashbacks to High School and College reports.  I always took the feminine viewpoint when I wrote papers: Women of the WAgon Trains and Mail-Order Brides...  This, is a different area---and I've found quite a few books on the subject.  Now, I want to read them!!  So, thank you for the opportunity, Eliza. 

Eliza

You're very welcome, Mistress.

Now to fill in the other spots, I need 1 more courtesan (1 is reserved for Foxy, almost forgot about her) and maybe squeeze in a trainee (duckling) as well. Spots will increase as the story goes on and interest is being caught.

Will also make an Appointments thread with a supplied code for the table. I think I'll have the customers line up in the OOC thread, or a separate thread. What do you folks think?

MistressofPen

Quote from: Eliza on May 17, 2011, 01:42:14 AM
You're very welcome, Mistress.

Now to fill in the other spots, I need 1 more courtesan (1 is reserved for Foxy, almost forgot about her) and maybe squeeze in a trainee (duckling) as well. Spots will increase as the story goes on and interest is being caught.

Will also make an Appointments thread with a supplied code for the table. I think I'll have the customers line up in the OOC thread, or a separate thread. What do you folks think?

I think it sounds good.  With East and West coasters playing on this site, appointments might be hard to arrange unless there's a separate area to do so. 

Eliza

Maybe, I'll just merge the Appointments with the customer Sign-up. Meaning, I'll mostly do the coded tables and mark players down with their appointments. The thread will mostly be individual post for sign-ups with the first post providing the current list of appointment for each courtesan. I'm thinking of having 3-5 courtesans maximum (doesn't include ducklings).

I'm also thinking of making a beyond the Oasis kind of thread, which will be the wilderness around the town. It would be sort of an odd job kind of deal that maybe the Marshal would give out to vigilantes or bounty hunters. What do you think, Aiden? Potential?

EDIT: Appointment / Customer Sign-Up Thread is up.

Aiden

It's a good idea for those who want to actually have more plot beyond the saloon.

Eliza

Then I'll leave that open for discussion (in the OOC Thread that is). I won't bother and make the beyond Oasis thread right now.

EDIT: Is anyone itching for a Saloon Thread about now?