The Argeneau & Rogue Hunter Series by Lynsay Sands {Seeking Story}

Started by Pixilicious, May 19, 2010, 12:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixilicious

Hello, dearlings!

It's been a while since I've posted one of these, but I've been having really bad craving for a story based on Lynsay Sands' Argeneau and Rogue Hunter Series.  It's basically about Immortals who have vampire tendencies.  If anyone is familiar with this story, and would like to start a roleplay based on it, please IM or PM me! :)

The Argeneau Series is about a long line of Immortals, that goes back to the age of Atlantis.  Argeaneau is the family name of the characters that the series follows.  The idea of vampirism in this novel is based on a science created by Atlantean doctors.  Yes, Atlantis.  THAT Atlantis.  These scientists created nanos, which are basically super cells that cause the body to remain in peak condition.  This means accelerated healing, and the absence of any sort of illness and disease from the body.  This is why they need blood.  The drinking of blood helps to repair damaged nanos in their systems. They usually prefer to drink bagged blood, since biting humans is considered a crime in their society.  The only way to kill them, is to make their heart stop beating long enough so that the nanos can't repair it in time for them to survive. 

They have their own set of rules that they live by and follow, even though they do live in modern society and blend in quite well.  They make sure to keep their...conditions well hidden from the rest of the people surrounding them.  They are able to eat and drink regular food, though most of them find that they loose interest in the taste of food and eating after about a century or two of life.  That taste for food and drink doesn't return until they find their lifemate, which is the person that they'll be mated/married to forever.

As far as abilities go, they are able to read the minds of each other.  In addition to that, they can also tap into a person's mind and erase memories and replace them with new ones.  The only person an Immortal can't do this with, is his/her Lifemate.

The Rogue Hunter Series has the same characters, and it's based off of the Argeneau series.  There are some Hunters that are in fact Argeneaus.  A Rogue Hunter is someone that hunts down vampires that are seen as dangerous, and/or a threat to society.  They hunt them down, and bring them in for judgment by the Elders of their kind.

I'm basically wanting to do a story based off of these books.  If anyone isn't familiar but would like to learn more, please PM/IM me and let me know.  I have some resources in mind that will give you a better idea on how these Immortals are different from classic vampires, if my explanations are confusing to you!

Thanks!

~Pixi Kisses~
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Pixilicious

5/19/10~ Cleaned up the request from last night, and added tons more information about the series itself
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class