Ready Player One - Alternate Adventure/Romance Story (M for F)

Started by Rustic, April 17, 2018, 11:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustic

I read Ready Player One a while back, and just saw the movie. I really enjoyed it, and it made me realize, I would love to live there. I saw a group game going, but I'm not really into group games too much. So I figured I would try here. This could be an adventure story with a bit of romance. I don't really see smut being the focus of this story, but I'm not adverse to it.

The idea is simple. We're in the Oasis, and there are the 3 keys to find, just like in the book and movie. However, instead of it being the characters from the book/movie, it's us instead. Two new characters of our own design, fighting (and perhaps sometimes helping) to find the and complete the challenges to get the keys, all the while the sixers (ioi) and other players are trying to get there first.

We can change things up and do our own design. The challenges can be completely different, the characters are different, the world could even be a bit different, but ultimately it's the same premise. We can create cool and fun characters, give them cool gear and vehicles, and the sky is the limit. Original or/and fandom characters/vehicles/worlds could work. This can be discussed.

You don't have to have read the book or seen the movie, but seeing the movie is a plus, just to get an idea. But I'm not strict for accuracy by any means.

PM if interested.