Rapture Academy: Private Education (Extreme, system based)

Started by Angie, October 23, 2013, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 25, 2013, 01:57:52 AM
I should also mention: While you can play teachers, you won't be playing the NPC teachers. PC teachers will be new hires, the NPCs will be twice as badass as any of you. And the Headmistress is twice as awesome as any teacher is. Why? Because I need some way of limiting you lusty rapscallions, so obviously, make the authority figures better then you.

That won't be necessary with Persephone, at least.  She's already programmed to obey any order a teacher gives her, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone. ;D

And, of course, with the tone of the game, the definitions of what she considers harmful can be a bit loose where sex is concerned...

Laughing Hyena

Kimera

alextaylor

Quote from: Kimera on October 25, 2013, 11:14:40 AM
So many options for merits and what not

Just get the character concept in your head and pick whatever clicks. Trying to balance it all is a lot of work. Go with a few defining ones. Or you can just do what I did and pick everything you like if you enjoy stat juggling :P
O/O

Kunoichi

Personally, I just came up with a list of Merits and a list of Flaws that fit my character concept and then checked to see how the numbers fit together.  After that, I just kept tinkering with it until I got to a point where I was satisfied with it. ^^

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 25, 2013, 10:07:18 AM
Well then Juro has a second bodyguard me thinks. ^_^

To say nothing of all the fetishes he's got that she would trigger. :P

Annie

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 25, 2013, 03:15:23 AM
Congrads Annie!

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 25, 2013, 01:57:52 AM
Well, you're good. This is the part where, if I was a normal DM, I would cry out "Why is everyone playing a f**king mage!?" but then I answered myself: Rapture has a class on magic. And a teacher of it. So, a lot of mages makes sense.

Thanks! ^^

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Laughing Hyena

Alright then let's get these sheets into their proper place in the extreme threads where the character archives are, say hello to you fellows in the OOC thread and then we merely wait for the game to start which hopefully shall be quick.

Angie

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 25, 2013, 09:08:33 AM
You have a male rapist already. Juro the Gym Teacher from Mars and Adonis from Mars. And how can one be anti mage here?
Ever played DOTA 2? The Anti-Mage character knows magic exists, and hates it. The fandom has given him a coffee mug and bathrobe with "Fuck Magic" on them.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Laughing Hyena

Oh… I know. A witch hunter or inquisition. I might be able to drop Juro and switch him to being a member of House Pieas whom leads a decadent but holy crusade against all magic. Purifying the girls with his and his knight holy water as it were. ^_^

Just to add that traditional hypocrisy that religion and humanity is known for.

Kunoichi

Nah, I think a better teacher for that would be some sort of female or futa who was perhaps once a member of House Pietas herself.  Besides, having more PC teachers around wouldn't hurt, right? ^^

Laughing Hyena

Oh please. I gotta have my own fun somehow. ^_^

Still having more PCs around wouldn't hurt.

Datawych

The idea I'm working on would sort of work as a new teacher... Though I think she'd make a bit more sense in a grad-student kind of position, rather than a teacher... I don't really see her as being responsible enough to be a teacher, though. So.. Some kind of position that would keep her at Rapture, despite having graduated already.

alextaylor

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 25, 2013, 03:02:03 PM
Oh… I know. A witch hunter or inquisition. I might be able to drop Juro and switch him to being a member of House Pieas whom leads a decadent but holy crusade against all magic. Purifying the girls with his and his knight holy water as it were. ^_^

Just to add that traditional hypocrisy that religion and humanity is known for.

That could work out. The game's kinda lacking a PC to help recover Virtue via Penance, which I think has some interesting storytelling potential.
O/O

Kunoichi

Hmm.  A Threat 8, Chastise and Dirty Talk 10 nun who's more than willing to get off on the pain she inflicts on other students in the process of purifying them...

Admittedly, Persephone can do Penance in a pinch upon request, but other students would have to be willing to request it of her, first. :P

Angie

Eh...if I have one request, can we keep heavy religious tones out of this? I don't really know how to say this, but just keep anything that would reverence one specific religion (and by that I mean something like Lutheran or Orthodox Jew, not Christianity or Judaism themselves) out. It gives me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach to paint religion so negatively, but I can stomach it for the purpose of a good story.

For this reason, the religious teachers will likely view their job as purely academic-rituals are practiced on YOUR time, not theirs.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Kunoichi

Yeah, I was more talking nun as a general aesthetic, not something specifically tied to a given religion. ^^; The character could even have Dark Secret (not a real nun), or just be a nurse or something.

Kimera

WIP

Working on a slime or tentacle monster-girl.

How does the discount on merits work? Like if my house gives -2 discount to inhuman, does that mean I get a single -2 on an inhuman merit, or on all inhuman merits?

charsheet

Character Name: 

Orientation:  Athletics:  Chastise:
House:Nothum  Endure:  Dirty Talk:
Virtue:oo  Restrain:  Influence:
Desire:xxxx  Size:  Wealth:

Allure:  Study:  Elusive:
Gossip:  Investigate:  Sneak:
Manipulative:  Machines:  Infiltrate:
Sweet Talk:  Occult:  Subterfuge:
Vamp/Pose:  Subject:  Slip Away:

Fetishes

Merits:

Flaws:

Figure:

Cash:

Equipment:

Known Spells

Backstory
WIP

Goals
WIP

alextaylor

Quote from: Kimera on October 26, 2013, 06:36:51 AM
How does the discount on merits work?

You pay only for the most expensive merit in a category. So let's say you wanted to take like Jelly Form (Inhuman, 12), Tentacle Mass (Inhuman, 7), and Insatiable (Sensuality, 5). You'd get Tentacle Mass at a cost of 1 because you already took another Inhuman Merit. So that'd be 12 + 1 + 5 = 18 points for an unhoused character. But a tentacle girl in Nothum could get a 2 discount on Inhuman, so the Jelly Form cost would be 10 instead, meaning that it'd be 10+1+5 = 16 for a Nothum character.

You can also use this method to take save by taking similar merits in the same category. Like taking Inhuman Lust (Inhuman, 10) instead of Insatiable will get you a total of 12 instead of 16.

BTW, why not a slime boy? There's three girls who are into tentacles ^_^

O/O

Kimera

Thanks for the explenation, that clarified a lot.

It could even be both/neither, as it is just an amorph entity taking mimicing general shape of a humanoid from time to time

Laughing Hyena

Kimera

Hmm...can't think of any good flaws for the slime character.

alextaylor

The social ones like Crush, Addicted, Aversion, Phobia, Achilles Heel, Responsibility, Dark Secret, Expectations are all good regardless of personality. One thing I've learned about group roleplaying games or even writing in general is that every character needs to have some selfish motive and a weakness. It's one of those things that really flesh them out and make them interesting. The points are just a bonus.

Most of the flaws are good plot hooks. I'm glad that everyone has taken at least one of those. I think the best are Addicted, Dark Secret and Expectations... they give something for another character to latch on and blackmail you with. Achilles Heel is even better if you can pull it off, but the game mechanics make it more suited to higher Virtue/breakable characters.
O/O

Kimera

WIP

Character Name: Cyanna Saliasandera

Orientation:Bisexual  Athletics:1  Chastise:3
House:Nothum  Endure:8  Dirty Talk:5
Virtue:ooo  Restrain:9 (7+2 tentacles)  Influence:2
Desire:xxxxxxxxx  Size:11 (1+10 incredible size)  Wealth:1

Allure:4  Study:1  Elusive:3
Gossip:2  Investigate:1  Sneak:4
Manipulative:2  Machines:1  Infiltrate:4
Sweet Talk:5  Occult:2  Subterfuge:1
Vamp/Pose:5  Subject:1  Slip Away:2

Fetishes

+++Bukkake
+++Group Sex
+++Enveloping her victim
+++Cock Worship (Master's Cock)
++Impregnation
++Tentacles (giving)
++Pain (giving and receiving)
++Domination (both dominant or submissive)
++Inflation

Merits: 10+16
Jelly Form (10)
3x Inhuman Lust (3)
Oxygenated Slime (1)
2x Incredible Size (2)
Aquatic (1)
Tentacles (1)
Venom (1)
Inhuman Spawn (1)
Minions (6)

Flaws: 16
Owner/Slave (property of Madison Sage) (2)
Addiction (sexual fluids) (1)
Compulsive Masturbation (2)
2x Masochism (3)
Sadism (2)
Reputution (Madison's Pet/Slave/Slut) (1)
Crush (Madison Sage) (1)
Switch (Submissive to Madison Sage, Dominant to others) (2)
Expectations (Loyalty towards Madison, Protect her master,...) (1)
Dark Secret (1)

Figure: Able to change shape and size into whatever her master desires. Her main body is an amorphous mass, with a smaller portion taking on the shape of a lithe girl

Standard configuration:
Height 1, Build 1, Breasts 1, Other 8

Cash: -

Equipment: -

Backstory
It's a secret
Like a Dark Secret
Seriously though...not for you to know
Still trying huh? Just go away
I mean it!!
Fine...I got nothing...Yet  ;D
Seriously though, it will have to do with her dark secret, something which only her master and perhaps the headmaster/mistress know about.

Goals

- Serve her Master to the best of her abilities
- Create more of her kind
- She has a short attention span, so probably other goals will pop up later

Minions

Cyllena, Green Slime

Orientation:Bisexual  Athletics:1  Chastise:1
House:Nothum  Endure:1  Dirty Talk:2
Virtue:oo  Restrain:6 (2+4 tentacles)  Influence:1
Desire:xxxxxx  Size:6 (1+5 incredible size)  Wealth:1

Allure:1  Study:1  Elusive:1
Gossip:1  Investigate:1  Sneak:1
Manipulative:1  Machines:1  Infiltrate:2
Sweet Talk:2  Occult:2  Subterfuge:1
Vamp/Pose:1  Subject:1  Slip Away:1

Merits: 10+8
Jelly Form (10)
Inhuman Lust (1)
Oxygenated Slime (1)
Incredible Size (1)
Aquatic (1)
2x Tentacles (2)
Venom (1)
Inhuman spawn (1)

Flaws: 8
Owner/Slave () (2)
Masochism (2)

Figure: Able to change shape and size into whatever her master desires. Her main body is an amorphous mass, with a smaller portion taking on the shape of a lithe girl

Standard configuration:
Height 1, Build 1, Breasts 1, Other 3

Callista, Red Slime

Orientation:Bisexual  Athletics:1  Chastise:1
House:Nothum  Endure:1  Dirty Talk:2
Virtue:oo  Restrain:6 (2+4 tentacles)  Influence:1
Desire:xxxxxx  Size:6 (1+5 incredible size)  Wealth:1

Allure:1  Study:1  Elusive:1
Gossip:1  Investigate:1  Sneak:1
Manipulative:2  Machines:1  Infiltrate:2
Sweet Talk:1  Occult:2  Subterfuge:1
Vamp/Pose:1  Subject:1  Slip Away:1

Merits: 10+8
Jelly Form (10)
Inhuman Lust (1)
Oxygenated Slime (1)
Incredible Size (1)
Aquatic (1)
2x Tentacles (2)
Venom (1)
Inhuman spawn (1)

Flaws: 9
Owner/Slave () (2)
Sadism (2)

Standard configuration:
Height 1, Build 1, Breasts 1, Other 3

Kunoichi

Looks good so far.  Maybe something like Addicted (Human Sexual Fluids) could be used to represent the typical dietary needs of the average slime girl?

Are there any other merits you'd like to get?  I'd be happy to see if I could help you come up with enough fitting flaws to pay for them. ^^