Interest check - Rogue Trader

Started by HairyHeretic, October 18, 2009, 11:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 21, 2009, 10:48:35 AM
As a GM, I tend to be fairly easy going. My viewpoint in gear tends to be "If you're not taking the proverbial, it's good."

Now, I see nothing wrong with sword on one hip, pistol on the other, maybe a hold out pistol or knife tucked away, and carrying a long arm (say a heavy bolter with suspensors ;) ). For the richer types, jokaero digital weapons are built into rings .. needlers, lasers and flamers.

One big gun, and a handfull of smaller ones is fine for the more militant types. Heck, if you really want an eviscerator I'm sure you could have one, but not sure where you'd put it during a formal dinner :)

Sounds awesome, I'll probably stick with what I got weapons/armour-wise for now, might toss in a few other nick nacks, grenades/bionics and the like when we're doing our actual character sheets, then improve my gear by looting xenos and culprits as we go along. :P That general method of upgrading gear. XD

If this light rule system you got works out, it may usher in a whole new wave of 40k themed games, I'd like to see something/start something inspired by DoW II's Last Stand. Vaguely inspired......

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Eeyore on October 21, 2009, 10:50:36 AM
Not much beyond those two or three Omnibus I've read. I'm thinking that the RT might be a bit much given my lack of knowledge then?

Those books are fine for the more military side of things, and the =I= ones will give some degree of familiarity with the civilian side. The RT will be the group leader though, and centre stage a lot of the time.

I just want to make sure you know what that position would be like.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Primarch on October 21, 2009, 10:57:48 AM
Sounds awesome, I'll probably stick with what I got weapons/armour-wise for now, might toss in a few other nick nacks, grenades/bionics and the like when we're doing our actual character sheets, then improve my gear by looting xenos and culprits as we go along. :P That general method of upgrading gear. XD

I'll admit, I had an idea for bionic/implanted respiratory filters, and a bunch of hallucinogen grenades  >:)

Quote from: Primarch on October 21, 2009, 10:57:48 AM
If this light rule system you got works out, it may usher in a whole new wave of 40k themed games, I'd like to see something/start something inspired by DoW II's Last Stand. Vaguely inspired......

What's that then?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Primarch

Just something to give people a chance to play various races, and providing a setting so its realistic that they don't all gut each other. Likely allow races like Eldar, SM, Tau. The sort of races that wouldn't....well gut each other. Something like they were all warring on some planet, something massive happened, and they realised that if they didn't work together to save the day they'd all be up shit galaxy without an astropath.

But enough about that, back to your RT game, lets see how this awesome light rule system work.

Ptolemy

HairyHeretic

My work is done, so I'm going to set up an OOC thread, and a sample of character generation shortly. I'll post the link here once it's ready, and we can then move the discussion over there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MagicalPen

I'm going to assume that the RT is basically the equivalent of a CO on board the ship, dictating where it goes, what they do, what their objective is, etc?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

HairyHeretic

Not exactly. Well, he is all that, and more besides. Think of the guys that went off exploring and discovering new countries by planting the flag in the chest of the first batch of natives they come across. Add in merchant prince, letters of marque and scale it up to having a ship, or in some cases a fleet, capable of slagging an entire planet before lunch and you're on the right track ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MagicalPen

So a mini-dictator then, a little lawless and always seeking profit and glory to expand his personal wealth and standing.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

HairyHeretic

For the greater glory of the Emperor, yes ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

OOC thread up, with a brief walkthrough on character generation.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=50595.0

Since I'm the only one with the book, no sense reposting word for word what it has unless someone needs a particular option. Given I'm tweaking the rules, we'll be playing a bit fast and lose with character generation anyway.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Voichin

Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

HairyHeretic

Congratulations, you will now have people poking you for info when I'm not about ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Insatiably Bored

I just found this thread, so forgive me if I am a bit late...ok a very late, but any room for another player?
O&O: Updated 9/27/11

A&A: UPDATED 9/28/11 Official Day of eternal departure from E

HairyHeretic

Sure. We're still in the process of setting up, so feel free to pop over to the other thread.

Cattle die, kinsmen die