News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Delivery driver suggestions

Started by Creeper, September 27, 2006, 12:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creeper

As part of the 'Get a new job' initiative, I've acquired a new job for a chain of restaurants (Which specialize in good meals and seafood, close at 9 pm, and who apparently deliver, though none of my family or friends knew that.). I am going to perform deliveries, but I've never done the job before.

Does anyone with experience have any tips?
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

kylie

I don't have experience.

But I'm told you should be prepared to see lots of people in their underwear.

:)

Celestial Goblin

You will be able to, with no shame nor confusion tell people:

"Hello lady, i've brought your tentacles!"

:)

Lilian

I worked at Round Table Pizza delivering in an area of 40,000 houses for one year. =3

Then I did courier work in Las Vegas (ALL OVER LAS VEGAS! GAHHH! )  for six months.  Then I did auto parts delivery for five months.  Now I'm a service driver (delivering and picking up.. i'm doomed to it!)  for the largest Motorola radio and nextel dealer in Las Vegas.

What do you need to know? Please be more specific?

Also, they will probably require you to drive your own vehicle. What do you drive? 

Creeper

General suggestions for a time-crunched food delivery (after 55 minutes the food is free). I don't really want to give out my car model because there's a good chance some people I know in RL might stumble on this site through RPOL.

It's a professional restaraunt as well that caters to the elderly, so I mostly deliver to old people, though. And bikers. Lots of bikers...

Yeah. Weird.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

CaptainErotica

I was going to say that seeing certain people in their underwear might not be a bad thing, but you just ruined my mental image of delivering Sum yung Gai to Jessica Simpson in her lingerie...Now it is Bubba in week old boxers, and and a 90 year old Cher sans clothes.

Good luck and if you are using your own car, you might want to try and get a cheap second car to work in if you can afford one. My wife is a saleswoman for Suntory Beer here in Japan and she puts in at least 200km a day (about 100 miles). It is hell on your vehicle, but I can't complain since we getes cases upon cases of all their new products, for free.

Lilian

Yea, seriously, wear and tear can very much become an issue. I drive an '04 Toyota Corolla so it's not really too much of an issue for me, but if your car is known to be mildly unreliable, it may have some issues while driving after an extended period of time.

One good thing is to learn the routes. Talk to people who have been driving in your town to get tips on the routes they use.  You're dealing with the elderly and you are on a time limit so just remember to politely excuse yourself and be assertive in conversation. You're just a delivery boy, if they really have an issue, suggest for them to speak with a manager.   I personally remember to bring any special requests, and the runs I take are usually in a line, so you dont have to do much backtracking to get to all of them, before turning around to get back to the resteraunt.