Hogwarts: More Than Magical (Full)

Started by kckolbe, April 18, 2013, 02:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Name: Gabriel Brewer

Nationality: English

Blood Status:  Pureblood, but the Brewer’s are known for muggle spouses. 

Year: 6th

House: (Leave Blank)

Description: Six foot, four inches and somewhat beefy, Gabriel would be an imposing sort if it weren’t for little gold rimmed glasses and just enough extra weight that the school robes can’t hide it.  He has a short thatch of honey gold curls that don’t really want to do anything crouched atop his head.  His raven often musses them further. 

Personality:  Gabriel often seems to be off in the stratosphere somewhere.  Many social subtleties are lost on him.  He doesn’t always stand up for himself when he should, and when he does it’s as likely to be with clumsy Shakespearian insults or scientifically minded name calling that goes over everyone’s head.  Few understand him besides the teachers.  In a study group, he can be your best friend if you want to succeed or your mortal enemy if you’re goofing off. 

Background:

Interesting Fact: While some of the professors believe Gabriel to be a suck up, Proffessor Binns—the ghost who teaches History of Magic—actually considers him a star pupil.  This is somewhat sad as Gabriel has sworn to take him down and put someone in his place who doesn’t make this fascinating subject into a nap period. 

Wand: (Will go over later in OOC)

Pet: A raven named Nichodemus. 

Agility         2
Athletics       3   +2d Strength
Awareness      2
Cunning       3
Deception       2
Endurance       4   +2d Resilience
Fighting       3   +1d Polarms/Staves
Magic Expertise    4
Magic Projection    3
Marksmanship    3   +1d Rays
Persuasion       2
Reflexes       2
Status          2
Stealth       2
Will          3   +1d Dedication

Classes:
Majors:       4   +1d History of Magic
(Ancient Runes, History of Magic)
Minors       3
(Care of Magical Creatures, Herbology, Muggle Studies)
Others         3
(Arithmancy, Astronomy, Divination, Potions)

Qualities:
--Tough
--Well Studdied (History of Magic)

Drawbacks:
Big and Slow:  Take -1D on all Endurance (Stamina) tests, -1 to reflex rolls, and -1 movement speed. 
Fear:  Buzzing, stinging things. 
Flaw: Awareness
Flaw:  Status
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kckolbe

Awkward as hell, loads of Destiny Points, able to take a punch from Hagrid yet scared of bees, and excels in what is known as the most boring class in Hogwarts. Definitely approved.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Muse

*Laughs and claps*  Thank you very much.  I LOVE that description.  :)  And I'm glad you approve. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tydorei

Welp, seems like things are wrapping up. I'm going to crack down and finish my application within the hour.

TheHangedOne

Edgar Wand Update: Just kneazle whiskers for a core material now.

Also, Meliai, a PM is inbound towards you with the Durmstrang Houses info that I used last time. Feel free to make a few alterations to it to suit your needs.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

kckolbe

Definitely some great progress being made.  I might move a couple of people around House wise in the next few days once I get all of the sheets, then after that I will open up OOC threads so you guys can start coordinating character relationships and such.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

persephone325

I'm hoping to get my stuff to you some time today. I've been feeling awful cause of the medication I'm on. :(
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blinkin

Darci's wand...

10" Black Walnut, flexible with phoenix Feather core (From her own pet's plumage)

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kckolbe

Sounds good.  She is cleared to post in approved characters.

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Is there a thread for us to put approved characters?
Check out my poet tree!

kckolbe

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Rogue

Sorry it took so long. Had to mess with the points a bit.  ::)

Name: Niamh “Nia” Byrne
Nationality:Irish
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Year: 6th
House: Slytherin
Description:  She usually has long brown hair with slight curls that always seem  to be perfectly placed and calculating honey brown eyes. Her height varies, though she tends to try to be around 5’7”. She’s naturally slightly small in breast size and slight in curves at 55 kgs and fair in skin.
Personality: Despite her Irish blood, Nia manages to maintain a rather cool façade, rarely deciding to fight. Instead, she chooses to manipulate those close to the situation to either fight for her, or blame the other over her. Being called a mudblood seems the only thing that riles her up, though she hides it decently well until she can figure out how exactly to take her revenge. Her main goal is to be the best and prove it. When she does fight, she will continue to do so until she wins, even if that means multiple rematches.
Background:Nia was born to two muggles, in an ordinary hospital in the city of Donegal. It was a surprise when her hair turned from a soft red to the same dark brown of her mother’s as soon as she’d been fed and had a chance to actually see her mother. Fortunately, many of the nurses and doctors had just brushed it off as the hair not having been clean enough to truly tell. Also fortunately, at least one nurse in every hospital is at the very least a squib, to help filter magically caused injuries to the proper healers. The nurse at this specific hospital had been the only one able to see and believe the change in the girl’s hair color. Mostly because he recognized that specific ability as being one a particularly clutzy girl a couple years under him, one Nymphadora Tonks, also had. He managed to persuade the muggle staff to allow him to be the nurse assigned to this family. It was then, with the permission of Dumbledore and the Minister of Magic, that he took the time to explain magic to the unsuspecting family.
The result was a lot fewer surprises when their daughter’s hair spontaneously changed colors and her eyes came out purple one day. It also made it easier for her to get her powers under control before she could go to muggle primary. Unfortunately it didn’t help that her teacher, while the best metamorphagus at the time, was a bit of a blood supremacist. He was the first to call her a mudblood, after having failed to keep a disguise for more than a minute or two, the first time she’d tried manipulating more than just her hair and eyes to a consistent form. She hadn’t heard it before. Nor did she know exactly what it meant. But she knew from the inflection it was an insult and she strived harder until she heard the compliment “Hmph, I suppose you are a real witch after all.” That took all of an hour’s more of training and getting the next facial structure correct for more than half an hour. She was only 4 and had only been in training for a month. This was the person who trained her not to fail, who trained her not to use her powers for goofy hair colors. So when she finally went to school with muggles, when she was 5, she had lost most of the playfulness associated with her age. She never wanted to play dress up, though she did enjoy painting.
It wasn’t until three years later that her impressive control over her ability paid off for her family. The War was starting to get into full swing and neither her nor her family realized the danger they were in. So, when her teacher showed up to take her and, through her determination, her family, to a safe spot, their lives were spared from the death eaters that showed up a mere half an hour later. How he managed to find an Order safe house was beyond her, when she looked back on the fond memory, as he was obviously a death eater to have known about the attack only that far in advance. But she was grateful when the order let her in and she did meet Tonks, if only briefly as she was heading out for a mission.
The Order kept her family safe during that hectic year, and surprisingly, when she returned to school, no one questioned her absence and she still managed to pass the exams through hard training, or rather studying. Her family was resettled, her new home paid for by insurance (they thought it was a fire) and war relief funds (from the wizards who knew the truth). That was also the year that she played with her appearance the most, using the excuse that she was away for a year for her eyes, normally kept dark, lightening to honey, and her hair, previously tinted with red, turning brown. This would become her identity, she decided that year. In the six years until Hogwarts, she kept growing her appearance with her and by the time she was in secondary she was considered the cold bitch of the school, beautiful but frigid. They were fortunate that she’d also managed to control her accidental magic from those comments. Her sorting into Slytherin, her teacher’s house, was a surprise, but a pleasant one. Her goal for the remainder of her time there was to let people know that she was the best, and that her blood was a small hindrance to her full ability.
Interesting Fact: She enjoys taking other people’s appearances, partly for fun but mostly to see how long it takes for others to catch her in the act.
Wand: Light 14 inch Yew with Unicorn hair core.
Pet: Sugar Glider named Po

Agility 2
Athletics 2
Awareness 3 +1d notice
Cunning 4
Deception 4 +1d act +1d Deception
Endurance 2
Fighting 2
Magic Expertise 3
Magic Projection 3
Marksmanship 2
Persuasion 3
Reflexes 2
Status 3 +1d reputation
Stealth 2 +2d blend in
Will 3 +2d Dedication

Classes:
Majors: 4
Potions and Herbology
Minors: 3
Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, and Care of Magical Creatures
Others: 3
History of Magic, Astronomy, Muggle Studies and Divination

Qualities: Metamorphagus and Stubborn
Drawbacks: Fear: Acrophobia

kckolbe

I'd like her Status to be a 3, but aside from that she looks good.  For a student to have Status of 4, it would take some serious connections, especially since many teachers are only at 3.

Intro Thread

Rogue

Rogue

kckolbe

Stubborn is built from Dedication instead of Discipline.

Intro Thread

Rogue

*shrugs* Both apply with the way her back story is written. But I'll modify appropriately.

kckolbe

Number wise, she is good.  Have you checked out the personality chart of sorts in the Setting Info thread?  I'd make sure you are happy enough with her result.  If so, she is good to post in approved characters.

Intro Thread

AmberStarfire

Penelope Blackthorn
Nationality: English
Blood Status: Full-blood
Year: 6
House: Ravenclaw
Description: 5'6 with long dark hair she wears tied back in a ponytail. Penelope has speckled green eyes, light colouring and a rather petit figure.

She doesn't stand out that much among her classmates on first glance, but she's very good at whipping up potions and this has made her popular. As has her taste for quidditch.

Personality: Another serious person, who's more 'naturally good at class' than a compulsive studier. She doesn't seem to put in a lot of time, other than potions - she's building up quite a stockpile, and some have wondered just what she's up to. She's more animated when she's playing sports, but she definitely prefers more male activitie than traditionally female ones.

Background: Her father works at the ministry of magic (a minor clerk in the department of mysteries, so it's all hush hush) and her mother has a broomstick crafting business. It's just one reason Penelope has been a good flier since a young age. Neither of her parents were into potions quite the way she is, so it's something she really came to on her own. Aside from that, she's very good at herbology and care of magical creatures.

Wand: (Standard); 11" elm with phoenix feather

Pet: She has her own snake - a lazy brown constrictor of some kind named Bo.

Abilities:
Agility 3 [1pt]
-Fly
-Balance
Athletics 3 [1pt]
-Climb
Awareness 2 [free]
Cunning 3 [1pt]
-Logic
Deception 2 [free]
Endurance 3 [1pt]
-Fortitude
Fighting 3 [1pt]
-Unarmed
-Wands
Magic Expertise 4 [4pts]
Magic Projection 3 [1pt]
Marksmanship 2 [free]
Persuasion 3 [1pt]
Reflexes 3 [1pt]
Status 2 [free]
Stealth 2 [free]
-Sneak
Will 4 [4pts]

Classes:
Majors: Potions (4*) [4pts], Herbology (2)
Minors: Ancient Runes (2), Care of Magical Creatures (2), Astronomy (2)
Others: History of Magic (2), Muggle Studies (2), Arithmancy (2), Divination (2)

Qualities:
Well-studied (Potions +5)
Parseltongue
Drawbacks:

Rogue

Quote from: kckolbe on April 22, 2013, 06:08:19 PM
Number wise, she is good.  Have you checked out the personality chart of sorts in the Setting Info thread?  I'd make sure you are happy enough with her result.  If so, she is good to post in approved characters.

Considering with Nia she's Character:   7 Heart:   6 Social:   1 and with Niahm she's Character:   1 Heart:   6 Social:   4 I'm pretty sure she'll be fine. Though 6 is kinda... odd for her. Will post. *smiles*

kckolbe

For the chart, all that matters is the first number. 

Amber, sent you a PM.

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Interestingly enough, the numbers, for my real name, is 2-9-2.
Check out my poet tree!

Codexa

Will get those concepts up tonight! :P

Also, looks like we have a fun and interesting cast of people so far! Looking forward to meeting them IC :D

I am easily excitable! heehee