News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Shooters!

Started by Sabby, August 03, 2008, 12:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Didn't we change quickly? We went from way too many of the damned things to an FPS dry spot as if over night. I'm glad that Mirrors Edge is coming out, but theres 3 classics that are getting sequels, and they are as follows.

A new Red Faction

A new Doom

A new Wolfenstein

SQUEE!

ZK

Red Faction is coming out after they finish with Saint's Row 2.

Which is funny as Ultior is in Saint's Row 2.

And Doom 4 is Doom II remake. Which is awesome. Maybe this time we won't need a damn flashlight. *laughs*
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

Maybe this time it will be Doom and not System Shock 4 Dummies XD

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Sabbat on August 03, 2008, 12:00:51 AM
We went from way too many of the damned things to an FPS dry spot as if over night.

I don't mean to be condescending or anything, but when was this "supposed" dry spot?  Now a days, I am shocked when a game besides a FPS is released.  We have been flooded with them over the past few weeks that I have been sick of them.  Wasn't another Battlefield just released and another Call of Duty coming out soon? 

I'm a casual fan of the FPS genre with Goldeneye on the N64 being the only one I really played, but I really wished developers would stop making so much of them.  Can we develop something else first?
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

HairyHeretic

I want Planetside 2 ... FPS with hundreds of players at once.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Le RandomBloke

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on August 04, 2008, 09:59:44 AM
We have been flooded with them over the past few weeks that I have been sick of them. 

Being a big fan of FPS, I don't see how that's possible.

Then again I only play CSS. And bioshock. And perhaps anything else that's actually worth buying.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Sabby

Anna, I too would like to see developers stray a little into new stuff, but that Battlefield game was one of the only FPS games of the holiday season :/

magnamos

Everything that's out on the Market right now can be barely called and FPS. It's like Install, play for 3-5 hours, uninstall, get next FPS, repeat! I know that FPS were invented for quick fun but not THAT quick...

I enjoyed Bioshock though it wasn't lasting long neither...

Inkidu

I'm looking forward to Project Origin. I love my First Encounter Assault Recon. *Hugs box*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

magnamos

I'm looking forward to the next Wolfenstein. I really like this Diesel-/Steampunk-Nazi Setting. It has a special atmosphere to it. I enjoyed Blood Rayne aswell. I think Timeshift and Red Faction II managed to add to this atmosphere aswell. So did Rouge Trooper which isn't exactly a Shooter neither is Blood Rayne.

I hope that they can keep up with the expectations for Wolfenstein. It seems to be much more scary than the first part. It's also confirmed that there is a Bioshock 2 in development but I don't think we will see anything of it until late 2009 or early 2010.

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 04, 2008, 10:13:13 AM
I want Planetside 2 ... FPS with hundreds of players at once.
And a monthly fee.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

King_Furby

I wish i could afford planetsides monthly fee.

i hear combat arms, a free to play fpsmmo is decent.

Inkidu

Quote from: King_Furby on September 29, 2008, 08:21:08 PM
I wish i could afford planetsides monthly fee.

i hear combat arms, a free to play fpsmmo is decent.

Yeah it is. It's not a hefty on the computer either. I got it downloaded in half an hour on my laptop. It doesn't have much in the way of physics some pipes burst barrels blow but it has capture the flag team deathmatch, free-for-all and some kind of objective thing like plant the bomb I've not played.