Private Community, Vampires, Werewolves, Demons & More [Recruiting]

Started by Cynadea, May 10, 2014, 01:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

I've seen just a few episodes so it's inspired by the main idea of "The Gates", rather than based off the TV show.

Sommerfield Private Community

Sommerfield has been set up by a vampire for supernatural creatures. The tenants are to be wealthy unless they are hired for a specific task (local police, gate guard, street & park maintenance, mayor, etc.) so that they can pay for the privilege of living in the very exclusive and private community, but must also have at least one member who isn't your average, normal human. The goal is to have a walled space with enough open area and wooded areas to be who they really are without risking to expose themselves to the blissfully ignorant population. The community as rules: no killing on its grounds, and keep the land looking clean and taken care of.

The tenants can be something outright not human: demon, angel, vampire, werewolf, etc. They can also be gifted humans: mediums, witches, warlocks, etc. There might even be a ghost or two haunting the place.
  • Races created by players will be added to the wiki, but GM reserves the right to adjust the power of the creature.
  • LGTB-friendly
  • Sandbox with occasional GM events thrown in. (Might NPC Ghosts doing mischief, a body can be found somewhere under suspicious circumstances, etc.)
  • A few common areas (Gym, pool, stores, Police & Fire department, small diner, etc.) and player houses availables

Open for suggestions & questions. Anyone interested?

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Metro Mech

I am quite interested in this idea but how far cab the creatures go?
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

AndyZ

Keeping an eye on this in case I can come up with a fun idea.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheHangedOne

I've got a few ideas brewing in my head. Probably a human with some Faerie ancestry that has bestowed him with some sort of supernatural talent. Maybe a 'blood doll' for a lovely lady vampire.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Cynadea

Quote from: Godric the Radical on May 11, 2014, 04:39:00 PM
I am quite interested in this idea but how far cab the creatures go?

I intend it to allow a lot of freedom regarding creature races. There might be a form to fill to submit the race's characteristics for the Wiki so that all people under one race play with the same characteristics (example: no vampire will sparkles and have retractable fangs). It would be how I'd keep things with some balance.

What would you have in mind?

AndyZ

If there are already witches, what characteristics do they have so far?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Cynadea

there's no character done so far. I'd play a human psychic with maybe a witch ancestry, but it wouldn't be her focal point unless she finds a mentor to teach her.

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

Cynadea

Maybe, if they have a glamour of some kind that allows them out of the community and appear as a normal human.

Metro Mech

Yeah that was the idea but I wanted to be something more like a Naga with the glamour
Behold my O/O

Darkprincevale

I can tell you now. Smiles enticingly. I would love to sink my teeth into this RP. If you'll have me, count me in, sounds amazingly interesting.
Demune's Scribe - Mikhial's Lover

Juggtacular

Cynadea

As long as it can shapeshift to have a human form or a glamour that can have them pass as humans( though since a dragon tend to be big, I think a magical shapeshifting woud make more sense) it's fine.

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

AndyZ

Planning for a witch.  I think I can be reasonably on par with a dragon who can take human form, though with obvious differences (witches have more versatility but don't do as well with ambushes, for example).

Cynadea

I'll work on the Wiki today and set up the OOC and post both links here. :)

Darkprincevale

Cynadea

GhettoMagick

Hey! I loved the gates tv show! May I also play a witch they were my favorites of course.
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

Darkprincevale

AndyZ

Okay, you wanted the races sent to you in PM or put on here?

I have a Witch idea but I never watched the show so it'll probably be very different from Ghetto's.  There could easily be multiple kinds, though.

Cynadea

The show doesn't matter. I took my idea of a private community for supernatural creatures from there, but that's where the influence of the show stops.

Please send the races to me via PM :D

AndyZ

Hmm...reading up on everything, my idea is probably too powerful for this thread.  I'll try to think on something else.

Cynadea

Since the game is about social interaction, being mighty and powerful is pretty much useless for anything else than a big ego and try to inspire fear/respect in others.