Code Changes

Started by steelsmiter, December 24, 2014, 08:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelsmiter

It's been a long time folks. Last time I was still here, my signature still said your username. Now it says [you]. Is there still a code for displaying the reader's username regardless of what it is?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Ariel

The [you] tag was removed because it caused a lot of confusion and some people felt personally annoyed or deceived once they realized the code would show any username who was looking.

There is no replacement, as far as I know of.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

steelsmiter

I see. I put up a disclaimer showing everyone the code due to apparent problems it was causing. I guess it was more than just the few people that harped at me.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Oreo

I believe it still works on the O/Os page.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

steelsmiter

Perhaps, but if it can't be implemented to get them there, it isn't much good. In the end I'd just rather delete it from my sig and call it a day.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ariel

I know how you feel. It was recently removed when I returned to E and I was a little upset. I loved the tag, used it in my O/Os (which it still doesn't work for, Oreo :-\), and I hated having to remove it.

Vekseid (or some staffer) opened a discussion for it, so people could vote and weigh in. In the end, the vote was to get rid of it so it was removed. I'll see if I can find the thread for you.
Not accepting new RPs

steelsmiter

Nah, not much need now. I've just come back from a pretty major health hiatus and can't make many guarantees about an extended stay.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ariel

Shame, cause I found it. ::)

Ah, well, what's done is done. I sure do miss the tag, though. :-[
Not accepting new RPs

steelsmiter

Me too. One of these days i'm going to have to get back into some games on here or something.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Oreo

Or something. It's fun just hanging around too!!

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

steelsmiter

I get too antsy when I don't have some kind of game going though, and I hate the mini-games. Image threads are probably where it's at for me. I've also been amused to find some E users over on another less sexually open site. It occasionally makes me want to come back here and start something I can't do elsewhere.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Vekseid

Quote from: Oreo on December 24, 2014, 08:44:01 PM
I believe it still works on the O/Os page.

Only place it still works, yep : )

Blythe

Quote from: Vekseid on December 25, 2014, 11:32:38 AM
Only place it still works, yep : )

It didn't work on mine, which was why I removed it. I tried it again there today, but it doesn't work on my O/O page, at least. Just says [you].  :-(

Oreo

Odd. I wonder if it is browser specific. There are lots of things that don't work for me on Chrome/Elliquiy, but do work on Firefox.

Blythe

Quote from: Oreo on December 25, 2014, 04:52:54 PM
Odd. I wonder if it is browser specific. There are lots of things that don't work for me on Chrome/Elliquiy, but do work on Firefox.

Hmmm. I'm on Chrome, since you mention it. I might have to try Firefox to see if it works on there.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Oreo on December 25, 2014, 04:52:54 PM
Can't get it to work on Tablet Firefox or Tablet Chrome.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Oreo

Just checked. It doesn't work for me anymore either.

Beguile's Mistress

Hasn't worked in a long time.