Magic the Gathering: Innistrad

Started by klamity, September 19, 2011, 10:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klamity

http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/innistrad/cig

Today all cards have been added to the preview gallery. Is anyone else as excited about this as I am? My white deck will be great ^^

ReanimateMagnus

If only I had the money. I have to play the virtual version so I don't blow all my rent money.

Alysanthia

This set is just awesome, all these cards will be of great use to my Green/White 'cute' deck.

klamity

All these white cards with all the '+1/+1' will go great with my cluster fuck deck.

My favourite card is the guy that gets +1/+1 every time a human enters the battle field. Anyone know if soldier tokens are considered humans?

Alysanthia

Quote from: klamity on September 19, 2011, 07:42:17 PM
All these white cards with all the '+1/+1' will go great with my cluster fuck deck.

My favourite card is the guy that gets +1/+1 every time a human enters the battle field. Anyone know if soldier tokens are considered humans?

My white/green deck deals out a lot of tokens so yes, the +1/+1 is so much fun to see.

Hrm... Wouldn't it depend the card that summons/creates them?

klamity

Im using the Hero of Bladehold (2 white, 2 colourless. 3/4, battlecry, 'Everytime hero of bladehold attacks, place two 1/1 white soldier creatures onto the field tapped and attacking')

Alysanthia

Quote from: klamity on September 19, 2011, 08:20:39 PM
Im using the Hero of Bladehold (2 white, 2 colourless. 3/4, battlecry, 'Everytime hero of bladehold attacks, place two 1/1 white soldier creatures onto the field tapped and attacking')
I'd say they are humans because it isn't specifying that they are anything else.

This is a card from Innistrad that makes me giggle with evil glee.

Xanatos

Nope, their creature type is Soldier, not Human. Sorry, it does not work. They may be Human in the artwork, but the creature type is counted as Soldier. Tribe Decks really are annoying because they rely on certain cards within sets, not cards from different sets (generally speaking). Goblins/Elves being a massive exception. With the exception of Goblin decks, I've never heard of a tribe deck that is actually competitive worthy. They simply are too limited. They may be great in casual, but in the pro league, they don't muster up by a long shot.

klamity

Quote from: Alysanthia on September 19, 2011, 08:26:46 PM
I'd say they are humans because it isn't specifying that they are anything else.

This is a card from Innistrad that makes me giggle with evil glee.

That card <3 Perfect for my cluster fuck deck

Currently what my strategy is is to swamp early and fast. Ive got 4 plague myr (2 colourless, 1/1, infect 'tap for one colourless') to add to the speed, a bunch of one cost white cards, and a strategy involving Gideon's avenger ('Gideon's Avenger gains a +1/+1 counter each time an opponent creature is tapped'). Ive got 6 cards that can tap for 1 white

Other notables

Elesh Norn
Hero Of Blade Hold x2
Victorious Angel